It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something in the woods near my house. (2 events)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2007 @ 09:13 PM
link   
The first one happened on july 4,2006.
I was outside watching fireworks. But I fell asleep and around 1 am EST. i awoke to a screech. I looked to my left, which is towards the woods, and saw a small figure on the tower near the woods. (we have powerlines running over our backyard, and have an electric tower near the woods) I could see small red/yellow eyes, and it looked like a gargoyle sitting (with head down, what appeared to be wings above head, and feet together), i ran inside, and heard a swoosh like a gust of wind. i turned around and it was gone.
The second one happened in the woods.
It was December 14, 2005, there was snow on the ground. It was about dusk around 6 pm EST. I was hiking along a small stream, and heard a growl like a deeper version of the screech i heard a few months latter. i shruged it off as either a brown bear, or a deer. i didnt worry because i had a pistol with me. I heard it again and looked across the stream about 200 yards away, and saw bright yellow eyes staring right at me. it kept that up for about 10 min. when it started to walk towards me. it walked like a chimp with its front arms off the ground. i turned and ran. i heard a low growl and what seemed like fast hopping. i had to run uphill to get out of the woods, i felts it right behind me, but i didnt turn around. i fired a few shots behind me, and heard a scream. when i got out i looked back and saw something running off deep into the woods.

what do you think these things were?

[edit on 2/2/2007 by SG-17]

posted on Feb, 2 2007 @ 09:42 PM
link   
What part of the world do you live in?

Sounds like Mothman to me...

posted on Feb, 2 2007 @ 09:54 PM
link   
northumberland county which is in central PA

posted on Feb, 2 2007 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Ok... so America then... dunno which state PA is though.. Pennsylvania?

How long ago were these sightings, or the last one at least?

If it was fairly recent it would be a good idea to set up one of those motion-sensor lights near the treeline and at night sit somewhere for a while with a good view of the area. Have your camera and gun on standbye. Photos first, and then if you want to shoot things be my guest.

posted on Feb, 2 2007 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by fooffstarr
Ok... so America then... dunno which state PA is though.. Pennsylvania?

Yes

How long ago were these sightings, or the last one at least?

1 to 2 years ago, i have it dated in the OP

If it was fairly recent it would be a good idea to set up one of those motion-sensor lights near the treeline and at night sit somewhere for a while with a good view of the area. Have your camera and gun on standbye. Photos first, and then if you want to shoot things be my guest.

i havent seen either of them since. i will try that.
i shot it because it was chasing me.

posted on Feb, 2 2007 @ 10:39 PM
link   
man i feel like i've seen this post before so i guess i've been on ATS long enough now lol

posted on Feb, 5 2007 @ 11:14 AM
link   
I herd something like that once. I think it was 2004 not sure,
I'm in Connecticut USA. I was wandering the woods (like usual) near a marsh/stream (not sure the name, reeds, bushy high grass, dead trees, and water) these are near power lines too. So I was going back home, and I herd what sounded like a deer (walking sound) but maybe a little more heavy. Then some grunting. so now I'm jumpy and thinking of running. I start to run to a big tree, and I hear the "deer" grunting/coming towards me (I ran from the open edge of the marsh to the edge of the forest) As I got to the tree I herd a thud type noise then the tops of the tree branches russle. I thought it was wind, but I looked around and there was no sign of wind in the trees around me.

Now that I think of it, the reeds growing there were a little shorter than a deer.
This was also in the middle of the day.

anyway not sure if it's the same thing.

posted on Feb, 6 2007 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Sighting one:

The screech could've been from fireworks. I know a lot of fireworks like Killer Bees and Tasmanian Devils that can make screeching noises. As for what you saw on the power line. It could very easily have been an owl because they're big, awake at night and have big yellow eyes!

Great Horned Owl Picture
Owl in Flight
Owl Eyes
Owl Sitting in Similar Position

Sighting two:

You didn't describe wings in this one, so I'm assuming it's a different creature altogether? I really have no idea on this one.

posted on Feb, 6 2007 @ 02:54 PM
link   
yeah an i can confirm as i have owls in my own backyard they do make some very unusual noises at night, almost like a person. They are also hopping around the trees. I could definatly see even myself misidentifying a owl for something more sinister (not that you did...)

posted on Feb, 6 2007 @ 03:01 PM
link   
When you mentioned you live in PA, "Jersey Devil" occurred to me. It's a winged creature that stands tall, and is similar to the mothman. The first event could have been an owl, and the screeching could have been from the fireworks, but the second event is a lot more mysterious. What kind of shape did the creature in the woods have? What animal did it resemble?

posted on Feb, 6 2007 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by BME333
When you mentioned you live in PA, "Jersey Devil" occurred to me. It's a winged creature that stands tall, and is similar to the mothman. The first event could have been an owl, and the screeching could have been from the fireworks, but the second event is a lot more mysterious. What kind of shape did the creature in the woods have? What animal did it resemble?

it had a humaniod shape, it walked like a chimp, but i could make out scales
its eyes were in front, so i know it was a predator, pointed ears at about a 40 degree angle, thata all i could make out

i dont think the screech was fire works because they stop at midnight

new topics

top topics

join