It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO sighting makes news headlines in Yucatan

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2007 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Sighting occurred on January 27th, and was witnessed by a large amount of bystanders.

www.rense.com...

posted on Feb, 2 2007 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Interesting sighting, thanks for the link.

The UFO:

posted on Feb, 2 2007 @ 07:18 PM
link   
I like it......so many UFO's so little answers.

posted on Feb, 3 2007 @ 12:17 PM
link   
It will be interesting to see what OVNI MERIDA's conclusion comes to be on this. Maybe someone captured video?

posted on Feb, 3 2007 @ 12:30 PM
link   
This could have been asked on ATS before, but I would like to ask it today. I have always been very curious as to why there are so many sightings in Mexico? The video and images that come from there are pretty cool. I have watched Jaime Maussan's UFO Conference 2005 which was absolutely incredible!

This is the video that made me think why are there so many cool sightings in Mexico and is there a reason? Is there something that attracts these UFO's to this area? Even in the USA we have many stories of New Mexico, Nevada, Arizona, and more which is the southern "warm" States.

I would just like to here some theories to this.

posted on Feb, 3 2007 @ 01:13 PM
link   
I think the primary reason that there 'appears' to be more sightings in Mexico is due to the fact that they are much more open to the subject as a nation. The people tend to be much more open to the possibility that we are being visited-they orchestrate national sky-watches, and the press is much looser on reporting without the standard ridicule and debunkments that are status quo here in the states.

posted on Feb, 3 2007 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by DimensionalDetective
I think the primary reason that there 'appears' to be more sightings in Mexico is due to the fact that they are much more open to the subject as a nation. The people tend to be much more open to the possibility that we are being visited-they orchestrate national sky-watches, and the press is much looser on reporting without the standard ridicule and debunkments that are status quo here in the states.

And I would say the reason for that is that unlike USA, Russia, China and other super powers with advanced researching capabilities, mexico and other second and third world countries don't have anything to gain by hiding the facts! Even if these countries recover damaged ufos there is probably very little they can do in terms of reverse engineering and utilizing this superior technology for their own "selfish" but necessary to dominate reasons!

posted on Feb, 3 2007 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Write up another point for D4rk Kn1ght.

It's kinda disturbing how he gets this stuff right.

posted on Feb, 3 2007 @ 08:25 PM
link   
There is also the idea that the aliens are related somehow to the Mayan culture who disappeared from that area long ago and are preparing to return. If you do a search here on ATS for 'mayan calendar', you'll find a lot of discussions pertaining to that.

posted on Feb, 3 2007 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by DimensionalDetective
Sighting occurred on January 27th, and was witnessed by a large amount of bystanders.

www.rense.com...

Turned out to be just a hot air balloon with small lights around.
The statement by the guy who made the balloon has been
released by the Yucatan's newspaper. He made a religious
promise to make this kind of balloon wishing for a miracle.
Check the update:

www.virtuallystrange.net...

This kind of balloons are always made in Merida around this
months for religious purposes and always confuse people
there as ufos. This lady Ana Luisa Cid always publish false
ufo reports mistaking balloons as ufos without investigating
any further. There has been discussions before here at ATS
about those hot air balloons with small lights around and I
have provided evidence. Like this one:

i75.photobucket.com...

top topics

join