It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will there ever be a President worth Voting for?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2007 @ 02:30 PM
link   
This comes from all the movies and books I've read were the President in the story stood with Moral Integrity. The guy who would do whats right no matter the consequences to his re-election. I'm not talking about Bush on this subject. I'm talking about all the ones lately

Everyone of them seems like they would step on their mother for a vote.

Is it our fault

Have we made it too impossible for an honest man to live in the White House

Don't even get me started on the other Politicians.

posted on Feb, 2 2007 @ 02:58 PM
link   
There's a great candidate running in '08.

The Hon. Ron Paul of Texas!!! Check him out.

www.house.gov...

posted on Feb, 2 2007 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Do Americans know there are other choices besides Democraps and Repugnicants?
Take away the money from the voting process, take away the lobbyists, that thar would be a good start to get the presidential candidates America deserves.
It may actually level the playing field and let obscure parties come to the fore.

A set amount of taxpayer money, say 1 million (no more) for each party, outside donations would be made illegal, every party should have an equal voice. Another thing, I think, is that Americans should be given questionaires about what is important to them, so that a candidate can be matched accordingly, maybe that way 'set in stone southerners' just may vote for what they need instead of voting like sheep for what keeps them down and against their best interests. In other words, traditional voting habits must be broken.
If for instance, just suppose I like brown chocolate, I have a choice between white and brown, I choose white chocolate, not because I prefer it, but brown chocolate is for pansies, and it is traditional to pick white chocolate, yet I dream for the taste of brown when I eat the white.

But fat chance on that, I'd have to eat a lot more chocolate!

posted on Feb, 2 2007 @ 07:54 PM
link   
The other guys just get in the way. The only things that 3rd candidates have done is take votes away from other guys.

posted on Feb, 2 2007 @ 08:04 PM
link   
That may be, yes, things are so rigid and entrenched that it's like thick muck.
Stiff and hard to get out of, there is muck everywhere.

However, even with an entrenched broken system you may yet get the best president America has ever known, regardless of the party they are from.

It only takes one good president to make a change, that's if he can live through it.
There are powerful muckers out there.

posted on Feb, 4 2007 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Isn't that why JFK had to die. I know he was rich and elite. But he was starting to go against status quo. He was fixing to pull out of Vietnam.

posted on Feb, 5 2007 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Nothing wrong with third parties, forcing people into a two party system will just make matters worse, why vote for the richest 1% which is exactly WHO both parties are comming from?
I say disolve the party system entirely, no parties permitted, you vote on the PERSON not the party. Someone wants to be president they have to go up there on their own and be able to talk to the American people and gain support without falling back on the party line of "oh I am a democrat so vote for me!" and it SICKENS me to know that I have talked to people who said they would NEVER vote for ANYONE no matter WHAT they stood for UNLESS they were democrat. That is a HUGE problem, and I have NO DOUBT about their being republicans who think the same way.
As R76 said, you rock the boat, you die, end of story, then they put up a skapegoat to take the blame for your death. Someone on this forum once said their wife told them they should run for office and he told her right back: "If I did run I would be dead before the preliminaries."
THE ONLY WAY to change things is to take out the top 1% who keep this insanity going, take them out, take the corporations out, take the NWO people out, take the elite out, and you can finally have voting systems. Make sure to take out the KKK, neo-nazis, fanatics from all sides christians included and finish them off. Then you will have less of a problem with outside forces of the zealous nature. Then follow up with the "You are not permitted to fund a candidate" measure Toad suggested so that there is a level playing field. So much to do in order to make things fair, including making it possible for people from poor families to run for office without getting down and licking boot to someone else like Clinton.

posted on Feb, 6 2007 @ 10:21 AM
link   
As long as our system is ruled by only two elite parties . . . voting for one candidate is nothing more than supporting both parties, they are one and the same and they both serve the same masters.

And . . . is not the American people and neither the our nation what the serve.

posted on Feb, 6 2007 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Thats why I say disolve the party system and do a "vote on the person not the party." I doubt that will ever happen with these people though, they are representatives of the elite and NWO as well as corporations (well all three are one in the same in truth) and I doubt that will change unless all three suddenly "dissapear" and are never heard from again and I mean NEVER.

top topics

join