It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has anyone had a continued dream?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2007 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Well, it's more like a continued nightmare. I have them from time to time, when it startles me awake, only to find when i fall back asleep again, I am having the rest of the dream. Does this have any significants, like re-occuring dreams? Does it have meaning?

I had a hum dinger of a dream, a week or so ago, that did this. So, I'm curious.

posted on Feb, 1 2007 @ 10:25 PM
link   
I have lucid dreams that I can enter at certain points even days later as they all seem to have a template that I can use to create different senarios within a framework that appears to be a mining town somewhere in the Rocky mts.

If I have unpleasant dreams and wake up, I prefer to stay awake because often I fall back asleep and renter the dream.

I thought everybody did this.

posted on Feb, 1 2007 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Sure.

I've reentered a dream before.
I was a continuation..But it was almost as if there was a different scriptwriter.
If you know what I mean.. the theme and flow of the dream had changed significantly. Still, all the same characters though.

posted on Feb, 2 2007 @ 10:17 AM
link   
I can't ever recall re-entering a dream. In fact sometimes I'm having a really good dream, and I have to get up to go potty..so I think all the way to the bathroom trying not to forget what I'm dreaming. And I'll be damned if I don't forget everytime! Man that really erks me.

Now, I have had 2 reoccurring dreams in my life, one was pleasant, about a house that I think I recall from my childhood. Possibly where my gandparents lived? I keep meaning to ask my grandma about that house, and have her draw it out for me to see if it's the same? It has two living quarters, one of them seems abandoned, fully furnished, but dusty and uninhabited, the other clean and lived it. I can't figure it out. This one happened about 7 years ago, and I would dream about this house night after night for over a week or more...same dream each time!

I've had one reoccurring nightmare, when I was 15 my little brother, who was 5 at the time, kept dying..night after night, same way, same dream each night. I remember waking up crying, and I had to go check him every night to see if he was okay. I was scared sick that it was a prelude of events to come. He's 28 now, and still quite alive, thank God!

posted on Feb, 2 2007 @ 05:39 PM
link   
I don't get this very often.. and it's usually surrounds a nightmare. I've had reoccuring dreams, but.. it's not the same as this, cause it picks up right where it left off.. like a tv show after commertial break.

posted on Feb, 7 2007 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Do you mean a dream you have over and over, or a dream that you go into again after waking up/falling back asleep?

I've personally experienced both. Often, when I'm really tired in the morning, I'll hit snooze on my alarm clock, fall back asleep, and re-enter a dream I was having before waking up. (I do actually have to fully awake to hit the snooze button on my alarm because I keep my alarm clock halfway across my bedroom, out of easy reach. It's supposed to get me out of bed earlier, but it doesn't work very well.)

I've also had recurring themes in dreams. I think it was just a reminder of something, and didn't hold much significance past that. I could be wrong, but since the theme came up in my dreams almost as soon as I forgot about it, I doubt it.

[edit on 7/2/2007 by Prismatic Dragon Lady]

posted on Feb, 13 2007 @ 04:44 PM
link   
I dont know about a continued dream, but two nights ago I had a dream about a previous dream I had. It wasnt a continuation, but I was looking for this place that i had been in a previous dream. It was CRAZY.

In the end I still couldnt find the place.

posted on Feb, 13 2007 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Can anyone help me find it?

[edit on 13-2-2007 by Don Wahn]

posted on Feb, 13 2007 @ 07:05 PM
link   
I have been haveing continued dreams for years

All of them nightmares some days it will skip some it will not

As such i learned how to leave and enter others dreams but my nightmares follow me to others so i stoped i am a dream walker yet i do not for fear of my nightmares spearding liek a sort of plauge

posted on Feb, 13 2007 @ 10:16 PM
link   
This doesn't seem to happen very often for me. I can only remember two dreams this happened with. A zombie dream, and a blob dream. How do you control your dreams and walk in and out of them?

posted on Feb, 13 2007 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by JessicaS
This doesn't seem to happen very often for me. I can only remember two dreams this happened with. A zombie dream, and a blob dream. How do you control your dreams and walk in and out of them?

You have to take control of the dreams and that is some times hard you Surrender yoru own will to your self yet at the same time make it bend to you..

It is easyer to dream walk right before you fall to sleep medatide control yoru breathing relaex let your self be in that state of near sleepyness then think of where and who you want to be with dream of a room and enter it stay there concentrate on whos dream you want to go to or make your own dream then walk in to it

posted on Feb, 17 2007 @ 02:03 AM
link   
If I fall asleep that same day..They usually don't carry over into the next day. Quite honestly my dreams must be boring because I haven't had one since that one I posted that was worth remembering.

Hey jensouth31, i think it would be cool if in the future you could record your dreams with one of those head devices. Then playback. I'm sure the future technology isn't too far off.

[edit on 17-2-2007 by Royal76]

posted on Feb, 17 2007 @ 12:04 PM
link   
I had about three connected dreams, but they were spread over the course of about 1.5 years, and is also one thing I can imagine most vividly. It was basically 3 dreams, where my school was being attacked by terrorists like Beslan. I remember the second least, but I knew when I woke up what I had dreamed, which was quite strange.

And if you could record dreams, that would be so cool.

[edit on 17-2-2007 by apex]

posted on May, 14 2007 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Recording dreams sound awesome. Sometimes I wish i could hook the computer up to my brain and be able to cruise the net as I sleep.

I had a dream last night about tornado's and getting swept up in one. That is a re-occurring dream of mine, which i think is cause i grew up in the Midwest. Seems to happen when i'm overly upset, or deeply conflicted. Anyone know the meaning of dreams and how to get them interpreted?

posted on May, 17 2007 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Ive had them before, I had it exactly where if left off a couple of times. It was really wierd. But the dream wasn't a scary one thank god.

posted on Jun, 3 2007 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Ive had continued dreams but not like yours. Mine will be months apart. I dont keep a journal and usually forget dreams once im fully awaken. But when I continue a dream ill remember the first part even if it happened months ago.

posted on Jun, 3 2007 @ 09:54 PM
link   
I did once, and it was quite the emotional roller coaster.

When I was 17 my step-father passed away quite tragically. The night before he died, we weren't exactly getting along that great. So after he passed, I was a little messed up over the loss, and for how things ended. The dream that I am here to speak of began about five or six months after the passing. One night, I had a dream where he and I were sitting down talking to one another. It was as if I was awake. This wasn't a conversation we had in the past, as some of the stuff we talked about had happened to me since the passing.

His face is as clear as the sky is blue to me to this day, from that dream. I can still here his voice to this day from the dream.

After the first night, I was shaken up over it and had a tough time focusing through the day. The next night I fell asleep as usual and fell right back into the same dream. The conversation picked up right from where it left off the night before. It carried on for several hours and I talked for hours about myself as I had the night before. Rather than awaking suddenly as I do in most dreams, he told me to take off and we hugged. When we released the hug, I woke up. This carried on for another four nights. I wouldn't tell a soul about it as I was scared they'd laugh at me, but I found myself going to sleep earlier and earlier every night. And each night, I went right back into the dream where he was waiting for me.

It was around the sixth night when I finally realized that I spent the whole time talking about me and how I was. So it was during this dream that I tried to question him on how he was. Now I said already, and I want to reinforce this point, that in every other dream we always parted ways together and hugged before I would ever wake up. On this night though, when I began to question him on how he was, everything faded quickly and I woke up very suddenly.

Thing is, when I woke up, I was sweating profusely and crying hysterically.

I can not explain this and I'm not even sure why I was crying. But the second I woke up, I was already crying and had been for some time as my cheeks and sheets were slightly damp.

It was very strange.

To this day, I've never had that dream again.

posted on Jun, 3 2007 @ 11:59 PM
link   
yeah i have those a lot usually its the same spot and same scenario going on since i was little. sometimes too i will be dreaming and wake up then go back to sleep and continue back to the same dream!

posted on Jun, 8 2007 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Chissler,

I've had dreams when i've talked to those that have passed on. However, seeing that i've never actually lost anyone close to me, most of these people were friends parents and whatnot who I didn't know well. I'd tell my friend of my dream, and for some reason tell them something about there parent that I couldn't of known and just thought my mind made it up. It seemed to offer comfort, though i always feel silly saying such things.

This might be how your step-dad was trying to do, or maybe your mind was trying to do. Offer comfort, and help you with your grief.

Most of my continued dreams all happen in the same night, and are usually nightmares. I don't know why, guess that's what i'm trying to figure out.

posted on Jun, 8 2007 @ 04:41 PM
link   
I actually had a continued dream how you explained it, just today (last night). I made a post about it here. Left me sick to my stomach. :shk:

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join