It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Germany to arrest U.S. CIA agents?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Wednesday in Munich German prosecutors got warrants for the arrest of 13 American CIA agents. The warrants stem from the alleged kidnapping of Khaled el-Masri, a German citizen. The agents are accused of kidnapping, drugging, and beating Khaled el-Masri.

www.iht.com
BERLIN: Prosecutors in Munich on Wednesday obtained warrants for 13 CIA agents allegedly involved in the kidnapping of a German citizen, Khaled el-Masri.

Christian Schmidt-Sommerfeld, the Munich prosecutor, said the warrants had been issued by a local court this week, but it is unclear if the German authorities will be able to have the U.S. agents extradited to Germany.
The CIA agents are accused of kidnapping and inflicting bodily harm on Masri, who was abducted in the former Yugoslav republic of Macedonia in December 2003.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Will the German government stand up against the U.S. policy of torture? There seems to be solid evidence that this happened. A report by Spanish authorities indicates Masri was kidnapped aboard an airplane in Macedonia. An incident like this is the last thing the Bush administration needs; especially an incident involving an allied country. I will be very interested to see what A.G. Gonzales has to say about this.

Related News Links:
www.bloomberg.com
edition.cnn.com

[edit on 31/1/2007 by shooterbrody]

[edit on 31/1/2007 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 09:42 AM
link   
More than likely the defense on US's side will claim it wasn't torture, under US's vocabulary, and it would be needed to save lives. What we will never know is if El-Masri's statement was true or if he made it up to stop the torture.

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 09:51 AM
link   
What statement? He was alledgedly dropped off on the side of the road in Albania when they were done with him. If there were lives to be saved I don't think they would have let him go. If the Bush administration had not fought against habeus corpus rights for the detainees perhaps they would not be in this situation.
www.cnn.com...
However, German Chancellor Angela Merkel has said the United States has acknowledged making a mistake with El-Masri, The Associated Press reported.

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 09:56 AM
link   
He was held in a detainment camp in Afghanistan for 5 months. You don't think he would have given them any statements? They obviously released him after they received knowledge on what they wanted to know, where it can be left to decide whether the knowledge given was fact or a lie used to get out of the detainment facility.

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 10:10 AM
link   
I will bet he made statements. The point I was trying to make was that this mistake, as called that by the German chancellor, would not have been as bad if the detainee had the right to legal council. How many other "mistakes" have been made.

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 11:13 AM
link   
This will be the second blunder on the Gonzales happy pursue of terror subjects and the secret torture detention camps.

But no man is about the law Gonzales was told.

But he just smiled, I guess our administration powers of supremacy are spread very wide indeed.

I wonder if he will join the Canadian Syrian citizen for a law sue.

I wonder also if Gonzales next congress "meeting" will have an explications for this one along with the one he has to explain about the Canadian men.

But our government will denied anything wrong being done, is all about fighting terror.

Italy in 2005 were the first ones to issue the warrants against the CIA remember?

posted on Feb, 9 2007 @ 06:39 PM
link   
I found some thing that is in german here:
NDR: Namensliste des Haftbefehls im Entführungsfall Masri gegen mutmaßliche CIA-Agenten

It lists names (though probably aliases), if anyone here is fluent in German can check it out and translate it would be appreciated.

If it is irrelevant, U2U me to get rid of this post.

posted on Feb, 9 2007 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by JacKatMtn
I found some thing that is in german here:
NDR: Namensliste des Haftbefehls im Entführungsfall Masri gegen mutmaßliche CIA-Agenten

It lists names (though probably aliases), if anyone here is fluent in German can check it out and translate it would be appreciated.

If it is irrelevant, U2U me to get rid of this post.

If you have Google Toolbar installed you can just right-click on the page and choose to translate it to english.

Pie

new topics

top topics

join