It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking News: Attack on UK foiled.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 03:10 AM
link   
What struck me as odd about this story is.

"This was an alleged huge plot, some sort of spectacular attack," Brunt said.

He said it "would not have resulted in a mass casualties", suggesting a "chilling new departure" in terror tactics.

What kind of attack was it going to be, and on whom.

What "chilling new departure" was it?

Source.

Or watch a live feed from sky online here.

[edit on 31-1-2007 by Denied]

[edit on 31-1-2007 by asala]

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 03:31 AM
link   
Here's a link to bbc. They will probably update this article when they get more info. Birmingham.

BBC: Police raids target 'terror plot'

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 03:42 AM
link   
ooohhhhh Beware The Bogey Man........

Keep the public guessing......keep them scared.....keep them under control......!

I'll bet this will fizzle out of media and public sight within a couple of months.....

Then it will be time to have another series of high profile 'Terror Raids'......

I predict.....hhhuuummmm.......in June/July time.....just as the holiday season starts........

MR

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 03:52 AM
link   
those cunning terrorists. let's see;

Possibly poison the water supply?

Remirah

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 03:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Remirah
those cunning terrorists. let's see;

Possibly poison the water supply?

Remirah

I know, but the problem with that statement is this.

He said it "would not have resulted in a mass casualties"

"This was an alleged huge plot, some sort of spectacular attack,"

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 03:56 AM
link   
Yeah propaganda again. Boogeyman, usual stuff from Big Brother land. Nothing to see here.

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 04:04 AM
link   
They are hinting that it is a foiled kidnap plot, although they have not said who the target is alleged to be.

Great timing though, more 24x7 coverage on the news channels to try and keep Lord Levy's second arrest out of focus

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 04:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
Yeah propaganda again. Boogeyman, usual stuff from Big Brother land. Nothing to see here.

Yeah i know what your saying, its not just this incident, things are ratching up globally it seems on many "Topics"

Anyway, more on this story emerging now.

Eight people have been arrested by terror police in Birmingham on suspicion of planning a kidnap and Iraqi-style execution.

news.sky.com...

[edit on 31-1-2007 by Denied]

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 04:35 AM
link   
not a bad thought.

a terror scam just as we stand up against being viewed in the nude. See the thread on ats;

www.abovetopsecret.com...

is it a coincidence?????

Remirah

Mod Edit: Fixed Link.

[edit on 31/1/2007 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 04:37 AM
link   
oooo a kidnapping........ please let it be david & victoria (not so posh) beckham.

Remirah

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 04:59 AM
link   
The man who was to be kidnapped was a man in his 20s who was made aware that he was going to be kidnapped and was put in to police protection,

A number of addresses in the city have been sealed off after morning raids.

Senior security sources have told the BBC the raids were targeting a kidnap plot rather than one aimed at causing mass casualties.

The six-month operation involved the Midlands counter terrorism unit, West Midlands Police and the Met Police.

news.bbc.co.uk...

Police update at 11.30am

The man who was targeted is due to his job we are hearing but they have not revealed what yet,

the video was said to going to be released on the Internet,

I really cant imagine this happening here in the UK I'm sure it would cause riots, This would stir up a lot of anger if this had of went ahead,

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 05:44 AM
link   
hmm a load of rubbish yet again

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 05:56 AM
link   
More information coming out....

A serving Muslim soldier in the British Army was allegedly about to be abducted, tortured and beheaded by terrorists in the UK, Sky News has learned.

The revelation follows the arrest of eight people in the Birmingham area this morning under the Terrorism Act.

More follows . . .

So does everyone think this is all propaganda, or an extreme group trying to incite violence?

Link.

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 05:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by asala
The man who was targeted is due to his job we are hearing but they have not revealed what yet,

I was just watching this on CNN, and they're saying the man targetted is a British soldier who is Muslim.

... according to an undisclosed high-level security official that is.

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 06:03 AM
link   
It appears new tactics are being devised.

Something like this would result in more unrest as well as send a message of sorts to the powers that be.

Not a good situation at all.

This was supposedly foiled, what about the next time?

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 06:07 AM
link   
Strikes me that it would be exceptionally easy to concoct a story like this.....

Soldier doesnt even have to know anything about it....one day MI5 his top brass etc turn up tell him whats was about to happen to him.......

Raid a few 'safe' houses or 'pre arranged' addresses to show the media and public they've caught the 'suspects'......and.......

Hey presto......"Major Terroist attack has been averted"........media attention diverted else where......Police and MI5 seen to be doing their jobs and the public......

Well....we are kept constantly reminded of these malevolent 'Terroists' lurking in the shadows.........

MR

[edit on AMWed, 31 Jan 2007 06:08:49 -060049e by Marlborough Red]

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 06:16 AM
link   
marlborough red: good post mate.

i agree that this is just more dissinformation to keep us thinking one thing whilst a whole load of crapolla goes on around the corner, just out of sight.

i'm pretty sure we have more than one muslim serving our military, should they all get scared?

Remirah

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 07:02 AM
link   
why always only in the UK or the US ?

i agree that yes both countries are in Iraq but take some of the French laws banning scarves and other hijabs in public and many other "issues" that the islamic extremists have with many countries, I just do not get it .
Well in fact i do as some of you have pointed already.... keep up the pressure , after all governments have to justify their conduct somehow.

France faced islamic terrorism long before the US and UK (who had their problems with the IRA of course ) and tackled it quite well without such media brainwashing.The geopolitical situation was different of course , France hadn't invaded any country under false pretext and hadn't been attacked in a 9/11 like way
I remember a high ranking secret service member saying failed plots would never be revealed for two simple reasons a) avoid panic b) avoid to give away info to terrorist groups

another "liquid explosives" plot

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 07:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Marlborough Red
ooohhhhh Beware The Bogey Man........

Keep the public guessing......keep them scared.....keep them under control......!

I'll bet this will fizzle out of media and public sight within a couple of months.....

Then it will be time to have another series of high profile 'Terror Raids'......

I predict.....hhhuuummmm.......in June/July time.....just as the holiday season starts........

MR

This desire to hype these attacks is not, as I see it, primarily to the end of "controlling people" towards some unknown end. The real purpose of hyping these attacks is twofold, and arises from a desire no more complicated than politics. 1) Make sure that the people know that we're doing a good job to keep them safe and 2) ensure that our rears are covered by being able to say we were diligent in case it all hits the fan.

It doesn't seem to be anymore complicated than that, but if someone can make a colorable case to the contrary, I am willing to listen.

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 07:44 AM
link   
while this is scary and frightening etc, this is hardly a "major terror attack" per the title of the thread.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join