It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Next Day...

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by masqua

Originally posted by kuhl
too true if just the trucks stopped ..everyones (uh, yeah)

(Edited for censor circumvention)

Not everyone. I live in a community which is comprised to a large degree by Mennonites and First Nations. I'd be willing to bet that there are enough Mennonite farms within 20 miles to feed everyone. If the trucks don't roll, the horse and buggies will. I have no idea what the currency for trade will be, but I bet it will be a "you help us, we'll help you" type of arrangement.

All those people who can't stand these self-sufficient groups should either 'get over it' or move away somewhere else (no idea where that would be).

[edit on 30/1/07 by masqua]

Ummm i am a little confused here are there groups that actually dont like Mennonites? I really have a hard time believing this.

But i do agree that if you are located near some it would be a you help me i help you deal. I guarantee that if one was to arrange a deal with them you would have a good alliance if anything bad came your way.

Lake

[edit on 1/30/2007 by lakewoodrealtor]

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 11:49 PM
link   
What would I do?

POO MY PANTS!!

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by win 52
Some of the seven thunder stuf like people eating people wouldn't take long to become a reality.

I don't mean to scare you, but that could become reality very quickly.

home.online.no...

OH heck yeah... very fast. I'd probably start fortifying the fort if you know what I mean. Id definately be more afraid of the chaos humans would bring than the aliens.

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 01:25 AM
link   
First thing I would do is watch all media for signs of what the little buggers want to do to us.

If they:

1- Want to kill us all then really I dont know.... get my gun? My guitar? Camera? Whats the use. They can probably vaporize us all in an instant.

2- If they come in "peace" (we would probably start the trouble) then its a different game. I live in the boonies so the chances are any serious contact would not even occur near me. Even in a world wide invasion.

I would would certainly be taking photos and documenting my experience with any such creatures.

Perhaps steal a UFO?

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 07:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by lakewoodrealtorUmmm i am a little confused here are there groups that actually dont like Mennonites? I really have a hard time believing this.

Not to hijack this thread with a seperate issue, but since you asked, I'd better clarify this.

The Mennonite community has grown a great deal over my lifetime (60 years) in an area of Southwestern Ontario encompassing a swath of farmland stretching from Kitchener/Waterloo to just south of Owen Sound. This arc covers approximately 120 miles by 80miles (you do the math). And this is only one small area of many in Canada which has become the home for these communities.

The farming practice, of course, uses little or no gasoline powered machinery and, for the most part, no electricity. The sect has their own schools and as such, do not pay much in the way of taxes. They are very good farmers, btw.

They replace the old mixed farms which have fallen into disrepair because of international trading in farm products and factory farming. Mennonites work together sprucing up old delapitated barns and houses, pooling their resources to make it all work out.

However, their success is seen to be built on a wasteland of dashed dreams. Combines and tractors bought at unbelievable cost is bankrupting more and more of the old farms, which are then snapped up at bargain prices by the Mennonite community. Go to any farm auction and you will see the line of buggies and the crowds of black-hatted buyers.

For the most part, that is where the resentment comes from. They are seen to be preying on the misfortune of others and their success is considered to be due to unfair tax breaks. This, though, is a fairly new development. In the 50's, they were disliked mainly because their religion is seen as 'different' and 'backward'.

I never shared that accusation, though, because in the '50's, I lived in some of the finest farmland in Ontario... Perth County, where Mennonite and other farmers are still successful together.

To stay on topic, though, I'd like to point out the fact that First Nations and Mennonites are already working together, since the 'barter system' mutually suits them both.

When the aliens show up on the White House lawn and cities are brought to a grinding halt because the populations are fearful to go outside or to their workplaces, these two groups will still be working together.

Their land is their home and their communities are their families. Unlike the status quo, they are dependant only upon each other and not on corporations like John Deere, Ford or GM, utilities or any other companies which are considered by them to be superfluous expenses.

That's why they'll survive any major societal disruption.

[edit on 31/1/07 by masqua]

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 07:41 AM
link   
Hey Hydden. Great question.. I certainly wouldn't be at work that day, I might be the only fool there, Church..I might possibly drop by to hear the reactions of others?

My primary thought now on that would be to see what's happening in the local neighborhood since there are so many people that may not as yet be conditioned to what I feel is EBE reality. In this case I would expect a load of frightened and panic ridden people.

Assuming there's power and and telephone access and radio signals are not interfered with, I'd being doing as many others above had said and that's watching the media too.

Dallas

btw Informative posts Masqua

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 08:50 AM
link   
A mass landing would be a clear indication to me that it is an invasion. They come uninvited without making clear their intentions.

Time to LOCK & LOAD, swith to full Auto and give them Hell.

Let me rephrase that, LOCK & LOAD, switch to full auto and be READY to give them hell. Hope for the best but plan for the worst.

[edit on 31-1-2007 by Sparky63]

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Good thread. What i would do would depned on ET's intentions. If friendly i would have no qualms about going into work, but i guess everyone would be watching the news or bring in radio's to keep track of events. If anyhting we would probably be sent home arly. I was on holiday when 9/11 happened but when i rang work i was appalled that there was no offical announcement and people learnt of it by word of mouth. Now that would not happen with access to the internet now in place at work. Perhaps with so much public interest Governments would call a national holiday for a few days, and only have essential services like power and water companies going. With somehting as momentous as this i can't see how anyone would really be in any mood to work, natural instinct would be to watch the news etc.
If ET turned out to be bad i would like most people spend time with my family. At least i would be with my family if i were to be vapourised or whatever. Its something i would not want to think about really but i guess i would also stock up on water supplies etc. If things went really pear shaped i would hide in the Underground and drink a bottle or two of champange, at least i'd go out in style !!!

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hydden
Out of curiousity, if there were a mass hovering/landing that happened around the world tomorrow, would you go to work the next day? Church?

What would be the first way this would effect you?

Obviously, we're going to get the humorous answers which are always welcome, but I'm interested in the serious thoughts and actions that would occur once this happens.

Hydden

My biggest concern has been, and is, who interacts with the visitors first.
The best case scenario, is for them to land in the middle of a poor, spiritual section of our planet. That is "if" they are friendly.

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 10:06 AM
link   
I guess the 'next day' activities would depend on what transpired on the first day.

On the first day I would level best try to hit the nearest grocery store for some supplies (in case of human chaos). Then get home to my wife and kids.

I would be monitoring television, radio and internet (if it is even functioning; might be a world wide server 'crash' due to everyone trying to get online!) and attempting to call relatives in other cities and states.

The next day I would probably stay home and continue monitoring the situation (with the ETs and with us humans). I can work from home on some items; so I might do this just to keep some sense of 'normalcy' in my activities.

At this point; it would be 'play it by ear'.

(The initial post made me think of the beginning of the movie 'Independenc Day' where the large craft hovered over major world cities.
)

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Next day activity would be photography. For the first time in history we actually get a chance of getting something other than blurred out dots in the images. I would shoot super sharp high resolution images becuase the day after that they might be gone (sorry folks, wrong planet, bye).

I can so clearly see it, the day after you log on to ATS to discuss you sighting and along comes the usual suspects yelling out "give me some proof!!!". My biggest panic in this scenario would be a crashed CF card, not the potensial threat of cool laser blasters from outer space.

Seriously, any reaction would be dictated by their move. Ok, they are here, what now? If they just hovered around in the sky without doing anything i would go to work, rent still needs to be payed regardless of objects "hanging out" in the sky.

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 11:39 AM
link   

[Sixth message] . . . . It is my honor to inform you that
the member worlds which make up the Interstellar Federation have decided to
offer Earth membership in the Federation, that is, provided certain
things happen.

The Earth must be able to speak to the Federation with one
voice. And your Earth government must make a formal request to receive
member-planet status in the Federation. But there are preconditions to membership. The
peoples of the Earth must renounce and destroy all their nuclear weapons.
The Earth must have in place an effective global conflict-resolution
mechanism, so that war is eliminated. The Earth government must guarantee the
safety of all authorized extraterrestrial visitors to Earth. When these
conditions are met membership in the Interstellar Federation can occur.

Just found this bit last night.

www.alienshift.com...

Things may not be so bad, but there are some warnings about times of difficulty.

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 11:45 AM
link   
I would grab myself a 5th of Jack and sit atop a tall building gawking at the crafts, waiting for our demise.

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 02:40 PM
link   
All this apocolypse talk is making me want to go play FF7 again. The Calamity!!

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Having thought about a little, I think that we would be helpless to a point in either direction.

If they're here to destroy us, they definately could without hesitation. Unless some of you hackers want to fly into space with Will Smith to plant a virus on the mothership?
With the technology to fly to other planets, I doubt it would even be messy for them. And what do we have to bargain with even if we wanted to try to apply diplomatic reasoning? Pfftt....

If they're here to help us, I think we would literally lose our cultures. Everyone would want the latest technology to be integrated as quickly as possible into society. Even Bubba on the farm would want "one of them there flying gizmos" to do his crops and herds for him.

We would rush so fast into the future that I think we would lose ourselves...the human race. Hybrids would begin to be a thing of normalcy. I could definately see an inner struggle and racism between the "pure-bred humans" and the "pure bred aliens," which could lead to even more racism than we have already. Ooo...great. *More* war on terrorism to look out for.

But, I would probably join the masses in watching the media to see what was up, either way. We are definately the "Communication Generation." TV, radio, email, text msgs, internet...there'd definately be some static in the air that day!

Hydden

posted on Feb, 1 2007 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hydden
Out of curiousity, if there were a mass hovering/landing that happened around the world tomorrow, would you go to work the next day? Church?

What would be the first way this would effect you?

Obviously, we're going to get the humorous answers which are always welcome, but I'm interested in the serious thoughts and actions that would occur once this happens.

Hydden

That is precisely why we should at least demand a partial-disclosure so people have time to adjust to this reality! The governments should not wait for an alien invasion to start disclosing the facts for the simple reason that it will be too late.

If you live in a country which is earthquake proon do you wait until an earthquake strikes to start informing people of what they should do or do you teach them of safety issues beforehand? The same applies with a potential future ufo invasion! People need time to mentally prepare themselves and should know what to do in case of such events and governments need knowledge/practice to be able to respond in a timely and adequate manner!

Simple common sense if you ask me!

posted on Feb, 1 2007 @ 11:55 AM
link   
I have to laugh!

Those that would go to the store and stock up would find an empty store, if they made it there in the first place. If they happen to get there, they would probably get shot over a can of dented generic creamed corn.

Those that would go to work, I don't believe you at all but if you still claim you would go, good luck getting there unless it's next door.

Those that would get all their money out of the bank, join the gazillion others trying to do the same at the same time. Not that cash would even have value.

As for monitoring ATS, are you kidding! This is the worst place to go! How many way out rumors do you think would be on here? Can you imagine the posts? You think there are crazy ones now...

As far as Church goes, the reason for it is fellowship and prayer if you made it there.

Don't get me wrong, in rural small towns you could probably do something just from lack of population but you people talk like you could actually do whatever you choose to without problem.

Expect Chaos and head into the nearest wooded area with vital belongings for survival. That is if you can get there as people in metro areas most likely wouldn't make it. No matter how friendly the "visitors" seemed, a great deal of the pop wouldn't trust them and quite a few would be taking shots at them (not to mention each other). If you live in a heavily populated area, I suggest you lock yourself in your basement with some supplies and a good crank powered radio to keep updated. If you keep your wits about you and "they" prove to mean no harm (trust factor?) after a week or so things will be calmed down and you could come out of hiding. That is if someone doesn't bust in and kill you for your stuff.

The best one I've seen is the Mennonite thing, another would be Amish areas. You will find that they will not be treating you the way they get treated in your hour of need.

posted on Feb, 1 2007 @ 02:41 PM
link   
What would I do?
Well, I'd probably watch the news from my phone, and start gathering supplies, because in such a small town, people freak out over the smallest stuff, and wipe out the shelves at the store.

Aside from that, I'd sit back and see what happened.

posted on Feb, 1 2007 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Mod edit: to remove inappropriate post.

[edit on 2/2/2007 by kinglizard]

posted on Feb, 2 2007 @ 10:24 AM
link   
The menonite thing made me laugh as well.

It would be a mob that would make any soccer fan's heart jump. The only things and people you could trust are ones that you have previously developed some sort of relationship or camaradery with.

National ad campain by the Canadian Govt. is encouraging people to have a 72 hour emergency pack in your home, in case of desaster. Just saw it last night and that ad made me start thinking more seriously.

1) save a collection of seeds, that are able to reproduce from their seeds.

2) Have a store of fresh water

3) People don't need meat to survive...it is a luxury.

4) A few bags of rice and oats can go a long way

5) A good Farley Mowat book

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join