It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Next Day...

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Out of curiousity, if there were a mass hovering/landing that happened around the world tomorrow, would you go to work the next day? Church?

What would be the first way this would effect you?

Obviously, we're going to get the humorous answers which are always welcome, but I'm interested in the serious thoughts and actions that would occur once this happens.

Hydden

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Honestly,
I would be glued to the tube! Much as any major news event. Thankfully i work from home so i can be glued to CNN and work simultaniously

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Could you imagine what it would be like if people stoped doing what they do?

The food would run out in a few days, then what?

Some of the seven thunder stuf like people eating people wouldn't take long to become a reality.

I don't mean to scare you, but that could become reality very quickly.

home.online.no...

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 06:10 PM
link   
I wouldn't even think of going to work. I'd either watch it on TV or hide somewhere if they were attacking people.

Because if they are going to blow me up I don't want my last day alive to be at work

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 06:26 PM
link   
What would I do the 'Next Day'?

Darn good question, IMO.

First of all, I would be right here at my keyboard, probably surfing ATS, NASA and all the local/national news sites for updates on the event itself.

My main purpose would be to establish what intent these alien beings have.

The last thing I would do is assume anything. We pitiful earthlings have evolved with the hoary old practice of killing each other off with such persistance that we expect any other thinking creature with a brain to do the same. When haven't we been systematically dealing in war? Never!

But I doubt that these aliens had to go through the same. We only assume such a thing because we truthfully cannot imagine a 'Utopian' society which is without war, murder, power over others, etc.

It's inhuman

But whatever these beings are bringing to Earth will very likely be nothing like what we are accustomed to.

Which leaves me in the same predicament as the President of the United States, as he was so perfectly represented by Jack Nicholson in the movie Mars Attacks.

Here's hoping they're here as harbingers of peace.

Ack, ack ack... ack ack ack ack

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by win 52
Could you imagine what it would be like if people stoped doing what they do?

The food would run out in a few days, then what?

Some of the seven thunder stuf like people eating people wouldn't take long to become a reality.

I don't mean to scare you, but that could become reality very quickly.

home.online.no...

too true if just the trucks stopped ..everyones F******

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by kuhl
too true if just the trucks stopped ..everyones (uh, yeah)

(Edited for censor circumvention)

Not everyone. I live in a community which is comprised to a large degree by Mennonites and First Nations. I'd be willing to bet that there are enough Mennonite farms within 20 miles to feed everyone. If the trucks don't roll, the horse and buggies will. I have no idea what the currency for trade will be, but I bet it will be a "you help us, we'll help you" type of arrangement.

All those people who can't stand these self-sufficient groups should either 'get over it' or move away somewhere else (no idea where that would be).

But, really, why is everyone assuming that all the infrastructure would just break down?

`````````````````
grammar edit

[edit on 30/1/07 by masqua]

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 07:02 PM
link   
What I would do depends allot on what they are doing.

If they come out of their ships like Crypto from the game, "Destroy all Humans" then no, I wouldn't go to work. I'm sure I'd be getting myself some weapons and forming up with the defense forces that would be popping up everywhere. The good thing about being in the U.S. is we darn sure have enough high caliber weapons to go around.

If they were just hovering and letting the world know they exist then I don't care if it is seven o'clock in the morning, I'm getting a beer and popping some popcorn and sitting my booty in front of the tube. Ulcer be damned.

I would not go to work during such an historic occasion. An event like that just doesn't happen in everyones lifetime.

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 07:14 PM
link   
I, being a mother to 3 and wife, would be at home with my family. If my dear husband even thought about going to work, I would beg him to stay home. And, by god, if he went to work, you better believe me and the kids would be right there with him!! =)

You don't know the outcome of these events. They could be disasterous, and I would want to spend my last seconds, minutes, days, months, etc, with my family and would not blame another soul in the world for doing so!

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 07:29 PM
link   
I was golfing when 9/11 happened - then drove home at noon and went to bed a bit scared but the next day, went to work and talked about it with co-workers.

Mass hovering? I'd "go" to work but since I work from home remotely (telecommute) it would be the same thing. Scanning news & TV while doing my job (with total distraction).

Mass landing? That depends. What happens when they land is up in the air. If they landed and all went to the local Dairy to fuel up on milk and cookies and were benevolent, then I'd be at work "like normal". If they came out "a fightin'" then I'd be over at Walmart buying whatever firearm I could get my hands on and gathering up my family to figure out what to do next.

Church? Well, I doubt they could help at this point.

World breakout of a human-transmitted virus is far more dangerous to us as a whole than a mass landing (I think). My worries about EBEs is low compared to what we have to face on-planet.

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Initial reaction would be a little in shock, then excited. Theres no way I would go to work with such an amazing thing happening, i'd do what most other people would do, find out as much as I can and keep 100% up to date. Hell, i'd even love to get up close if they wernt disintegrating people.

I would have a new hope for the world.

But of course if they came down guns blazing, I doubt there would be very little we could do. Living in England I dont have firearms readily available to defend myself so i'd probably spend my last moments with my family. Don't get me wrong, I wouldnt lay down and die but if they wanted us dead, we would be helpless.

The whole world would stop if such a thing happened, there is no way someone could casually go to work with UFO's floating around in our atmosphere.

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 08:03 PM
link   
I would imediatly go to the grocery store and local price club and get stocked up on at least 2 months of food and 3+ months of bottled drinking water just to be prepared for anything. Set up an area in my basement insane hostilities unleash and get those radiation pills to incase # goes nuclear. I have 1 big disel genorator and a small portable genorator incase power went out and untill # hits the fan I will call family and organize a plan for my imediate family to stay safe. If the aliens are friendly and all my efforts were for nothing it still would have been the right thing to do.

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hydden
Out of curiousity, if there were a mass hovering/landing that happened around the world tomorrow, would you go to work the next day? Church?

What would be the first way this would effect you?

Hydden

Yes, I would. I would be assuming that if they haven't gone and started destroying the planet or killing people, that they were here for peaceful intentions, and hope that one of my customer's would be one of the new visitors.

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Let's see

I'd wake up, listen to Opie and Anthony, go to work, and go to the gym.

After that, I would call everybody I know and say,
"nya-nya-nya-nya nyaa nyaa, ha-ha-ha-ha haa haa."

Then, I would call my girlfriend and make her say those three, oh so wonderful words, "you were right," and demand my twenty dollars, in pennies.
And of course I would make her count out every penny, one by one, in a syncopated rhythm.

That's what I would do

Edit: you're damn right, I thought this through a long time ago

[edit on 1/30/2007 by Sunsetspawn]

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 08:41 PM
link   
In my current 'flexable' hehe living status, also my singledom (dont laugh) I'm pretty sure I would direct a certain amount of my pennies towards a simple and solid motorcycle - when the roads get blocked they will become serious commidities!! Somethin with new semi knobblie tyres and an engine 500 cc ish, but 200+ would do.

After that it sortta depends on the little green men, do i liquidate the money in my bank?? prob a fair amount as predicting the future at this point is prob useless!

This also reminds me that my survival kit is spread all over the place - refer to my flexable living status! so hopefully that will be gathered in advance. Small tent 2-3 persons would be nice for immiadate shelter, but then again i could trade a lot of stuff off in order to carry fuel in the hope in picking the right place to go i could trade my own labour and skills for a roof over me head, any way with all the crap we throw away i shouldant really have an excuse not to be able to make a bivvie as required.

Other than that, i would put the enerest TV on, eat lots then some more and do much needed excercise while watching events. BUT IF THEY CANCELL THE SIMPSONS I'M JUST GOING TO LOOSE THE (FREAKING) PLOT

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
(replaced censor circumvention)

[edit on 30/1/07 by masqua]

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Hehehe

Well, if they are carrying a book that says "To Serve Man"...I'd board up my house and head for the basement...That's for sure.

Seriously, i almost wish they would land, at least one in a good spot somewhere. Someone on Discovery channel compared aliens interaction with us like human interaction with ants. Would we ask ants to take us to their leader? Heck no. We'd step right over them and do whatever we wanted.
I thought this kind of made sense. It made me think.

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 08:59 PM
link   
I can't even imagine the initial rush of adrenaline I would get.

I would more than likely hyperventilate.Lol

After I calmed down, I too would surf the net for news.

Us American's are pretty laid back and we enjoy our entertainment. More people cast votes for American Idol, than in our presidential elections. With that being said - I think most would skip work and church.

I can't imagine them doing it though. If they have the ability to come here and hover/land - then they would almost have to know that our society would collapse. If that's the case, I would assume they want to dominate or eliminate us. If it's domination they are after, surely they have the resources at hand to implement it.

If they want to eliminate us.... I guess we're dead.

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 08:59 PM
link   
I'd make sure my swords were sharp and my
weapons loaded and pray for peace.

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Well,
If they wanted to start a war or anything like that I would figure they are far more advanced than we so if they wanted to destroy us and didn't do it from outside our planet I would question there advancement over our military tactics so that leaves just a coming out party. I would go to work and not make much of it and just keep tabs on the event. But I would be waiting for some phone calls with apologies. The only thing that worries me is how our government would handle it. I would be more afraid for the people who really freak out cause who only knows what lengths the government would go to keep people in control. So playing cool and acting as if it's not a shocking issue might warrant some fly under the radar of the shock police. A fall into line and go along with the program as long as my family is safe and see what happens. But if things got shysty then it's time to head for the family cabin in the mountains and dig in and protect my own.

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 09:18 PM
link   
I have watched the sky most of my life. Love the stars at night and the birds in the day. I live in the country next to nowhere.

I would be surprised that was happening but not shocked. I would try to find out thru news outlets what were their intentions, and where are and extent of the landings.

The big question, "Do I need to be concerned about the Ets, mankind, both, or none of the above."

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join