It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

what is in Fort Knox besides gold?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 07:58 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Well, I find it interesting that there is also a highly important and sought after religious item that had to be kept in a heavily gold lined manmade vault. So important that it need top security and respect.

Gold is also the #1 material for protection against radioactivity. If there was something in the middle of all that gold, no one would ever be able to see it. Gold and salt are natural barriers against our all our fancy xray goggles.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Cowboy Clint

So let me get this straight, an E-2 or E-3 in the US Army was given access to the nations most prized secrets, I doubt it. Unless the recipe for SOS is a national secret.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 04:01 PM
link   
I can tell you with certainty that agony, heartbreak and misery are located at Fort Knox and that is where John Candy busted his berries in the movie Stripes. It might have a little gold too.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 08:56 AM
link   
the german news(in english) on cable acess in sacramento around the begining of jan stated matter of factly that swiss smelters were working 24 hours a day to smelt fort knoxxxes gold into smaller bars.this just after the first part (350 billion) was given to banks.is our gold paying for the bailout

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Let me make this little point.
Why would the USAs government place all their gold and silver in a place everyone in the whole world knows about.

The 007 bond movie Goldfinger proves they wouldnt stockpile all their gold and silver there, some maybe but not all of it.
If a nuclear war ever broke out Ft Knox would be a high level target.
Taint the enemies gold supply with radioactivty.
Gold would be the one thing you would want after a nuclear war, so why would you advertise where you keep it.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Well i'm from the U.K and i've not heard the name "fort knox" since the 80's.. when people uset to make jokes on how tight the security is etc.. and that attention seems to be diverted to other things that make your mind boggle like area 51.

i've noticed people repeatedly post "there's no gold in fort knox" maybe thats so, so why the tight security still?. what else are they guarding military stuff?..

we've had alleged insiders from area51 post on here before and other bases but not "fort knox".. sounds like one for the hoaxers..

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Stewart Lewis

hehehe you all r krazy

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Well, watching a very intresting documentry on Fort Knox has opened my eyes, and changed my original veiws on Fort Knox.

A lot of you have queried what else is inside Ft' Knox, and so have I queried my self, but what i can inform you is that Ft'Knox does hold Drugs, "not illegal" (suposedley), but on the documentrey it did state that Ft' Knox stores Opium (last time i checked its is illegal ?).

As to what else is stored there is a misteray to us all including some government officials, even obama probably only knows about the gold, although i reckon there is one person out there who does know adsactly whats in there George W Bush.

My assumption / knowladge of the contents of Fort Knox are:
1. Gold (deffinatly)
2. Opium (reliable source)
3. The Decleration (reliable source)
4. Nuclear arm's (after all there is an Military Base on site)
5. Diamonds/Jewls
6. Ancient artifacts
7. Illegal Drugs

And possibly a dozen other things, as there is alot that goes on that we don't know about, who knows Alqieada could be there, (they never seem to find them').

As on previous post's; Why can't they allow civillians in to the Vault 1's a year as quite rightly theres a 10k+ manned army surrounding the building?.
Aswell it COULD be possible that Fort Knox is used as a decoy for the gold & other 'valuables' to be heald else were, or is this just a waist of the army/guards time to act as if their is? (maybe there non no wiser?), after all it shows how decietfull American's officials are when the, The Decleration of independance displayed was actually a fake and the real one was 'stashed' at Fort Knox.

There is alot that we can speculate about but will not be brought to light in our life time.

Go to google.co.uk search under video's; History of Fort Knox.

[edit on 6-2-2010 by ukfindingout]

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 11:12 PM
link   
reply to post by shizzle5150

Fantastic!

Absolutly 100% correct ... Why can't people / we see ? Whats to hide?
As you said your self, maybe the things we expect to be there are not there, or maybe theres things they don't want us to see.

I assume that its both, there will still be gold there most deffinatly but what else sits behind thoughs walls? theres over 30 rooms in the actual vault of Fort Knox of which is 2 storys high, what could possibly be stored over than gold? only 1 room of what ive seen has been shown from inside the vault and that was only the gold which had string tied accross the door with a certificate, yet non of the other door's had certificates hanging from them, this suggest's that the content of the other 'rooms' are not audited nor required for inspection or kept track of. I suspect that Fort Knox holds some major secrets and holds some fasinating-eye-opening-gob-smacking items/objects.

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stewart Lewis
what if nothing is at Fort Knox, it's purpose being to fool the people into focusing thier attention on ft. knox, when the real goods are in place whose name is never published.

everyone and thier mother thinks something really important is at Ft. Knox, which is exactly why I wouldn't keep anything of great value there.

Sorry for how this may sound but here goe's...

Where else do you suspect the tons of gold and numerous other objects are kept? the back garden of the white house?

To be frank thats like saying well every one THINKS Obama lives at the white house but in actual fact he lives in the ghetto.... (hypotheticly speaking)

Why would they keep all the security top notch? it would be a waist of time money and were else could they keep all that gold although its still yet to be prooven that after 30 years there is still all that gold.

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 11:54 AM
link   
www.youtube.com...

I was able to find this very rare footage of what is being housed at Ft. Knox!

Not really, but gold is today nothing more than a profit maker used by certain groups shall we say, to make their quick buck on a buck that others would say is backed up by gold. The US has a total of 40 billion dollars give or take in Ft. Knox, problem is, there is more money in circulation backed by nothing than a individuals belief for the simple fact gold looks good. Or, because somebody sitting around somewhere said it did. Scam scam scam.

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 12:34 PM
link   
From what I've heard lately there's whole lot of gold paint.

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 06:50 AM
link   
What everyone here has failed to mention is that Fort Knox is not the largest gold reserve in the USA.

The largest is 33 Liberty Street in NYC
the vault is 80feet below ground and holds 25% of all the worlds gold.

there is loads online about the place...but a good start is here.
www.newyorkfed.org...

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 06:59 AM
link   
A nuke???
If anyone invaded the US and tried to get the gold NO GOLD. or radioactive gold.??

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 07:31 AM
link   
I watched something on the history channel years ago and they said that the declaration and during war the royal jewels were held there amongst other thing's....

I also heard that they might have the Spear Of Destiny there...

I read a couple of post in this thread that say's there are fake tungsten painted bars of gold there....I do not believe that is the case...if anything the govt made those fake bars so they would'nt have to use the real stock pile of bullion they have in Fort knox and in the federal reserve building in NYC and probably other site's laid out across the U.S.

Beside's that who know's what other room's and vault's they have hidden below ground...for all we know the gold vault might be the only thing they let out in the public and they have sacred religious artifact's...The ten commandment's, the Ark of the covenant, although i believe those are at the vatican or the castel san angelo but it is possible...Maybe they have the document's that are allegedly still in the left paw of the Sphinx or the stargate they trasported back from Iraq... the possibilities are endless..

edited grammar

[edit on 8-2-2010 by Ophiuchus13]

[edit on 8-2-2010 by Ophiuchus13]

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join