It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

what is in Fort Knox besides gold?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 02:53 PM
link   
hmm *wondering* what people think of my list of things I think could be in Ft Knox?

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Here is a list of things I think might be in Ft Knox - besides Gold.

1. Alien Bodies - probably those from 1947
2. Craft or debris from teh 1947 crash
3. Possible entrance to "network" of underground "bases"
4. the real "Stargate" if it does exist.
5. Other top secrets that our government does not want found out.

1. no
2. no
3. possibly
4. definatly not
5. absolutely

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 03:42 PM
link   
I believe that there could still be gold at fort knox but, the public not having public access to the fort for 30 + years is enough to raise my suspicions. It's not like letting a dozen common people with cameras in once a year cannot be handled security wise by a whole damn army base. What is anyone going to be able to do against 10,000 men with m-4 rifles? Grab two bricks and run like hell? and at 27 pounds a piece your not going to be able to run that fast. Even if these few people were somehow armed to the teeth without anyone noticing, By some miraculous chance get through all the men who could be present and should be, they got 300 m1 abrams to deal with.

There is no reason not to allow a small group of the public with cameras in once a year unless (a.) there are things you don't want the public to see (b.) there is a lack of things the public is expecting to see. It took 5 trains to load the fort once it was completed, the logistics of moving it alone keep it safe. Also everyone has only been talking about gold.

The current price of platinum per ounce is 1,171.50 USD the price of gold is 647.353 USD I don't know what you would like but give me the platinum. I never hear anything of U.S. platinum reserves, seems to me logistically if it were being used to back an economy platinum is the way to go... almost twice the price for the same amount. I would bee really happy if I was on this forum and someone said there's gold in fort knox and it was undisputed as fact because there was a video of ALL of the rooms and they took a random brick and had it melted down, tested and returned to it's place. But where we stand right know no knowing for thirty years.... If you hadn't had any contact with a person for thirty years, none, and it was someone important to you. Wouldn't you like having the ability to see or talk to them, Rather than someone saying oh, they are still alive you just can't have any contact with them, it's for their safety though, trust us.

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 09:23 PM
link   
i completely agree with you. Seems fishy to me. Its insane to think a reporter is going to steal a brick of gold. I guess they are worried about showing their secret security measures to "terrorists" or enemy nations. But seriously, other than China marching on Fort Knox front doorsteps i honestly dont see how anyone is going to cause the vault any significant or realistic threat. So why the overzealous need for sooooo much secrecy and protection?? over what?...gold? what about where we print all our money? I think they do tours there all the time to my knowledge.

This is why i think they are protecting something other than gold at the vaults.

www.usmint.gov...
www.bep.treas.gov...

[edit on 30-1-2007 by hiii_98]

posted on Mar, 3 2007 @ 12:23 PM
link   
I also heard that Fort Knox holds the Royal Crown jewels and other country's cold as well as our own. I also heard that if an intruder got in, the vault has a flooding mechanism that floods the whole thing so that anyone in there will die.

posted on Mar, 18 2007 @ 09:59 PM
link   
I hate to throw a conspiracy theory onto a great site like this
but there are a few people who've done research and written in books that Fort Knox doesn't have any gold anymore. They claim that years ago one of the many countries that hold billions of our debt demanded payment in gold - - the gold in Fort Knox. They claim it has been empty for quite sometime.

As for it being rigged to flood, I wouldn't doubt that a bit. There is a building on the military base where I work that has an old vault (not used anymore) and it had a metal plate at the entrance. It used to hold the most classified material on the base, and you had to stand on the metal plate and go though a security code sequence to get in. Once you did your code, the metal plate was a scale and if your weight didn't match your code within a certain tolerance, you, and everything in the vault, would be blown up.

posted on Mar, 22 2007 @ 12:38 AM
link   
I don't think it really matters if there are gold reserves in the United States or not. Gold doesn't satisfy needs and wants, goods and services do.

So is there really gold in fort knox? i don't know. But IMO i think it is highly unlikely that the vaults sit empty. Probably filled with invaluable items such as the declaration of independence (as example)

posted on Mar, 28 2007 @ 06:38 PM
link   
other than housing a couple hundred tons of gold and a james bond movie i think thats it i mean why wount they keep it at area 51? that would just mean another place to keep from the media and traind employees and it would be a big mess

[edit on 28-3-2007 by mr man]

posted on Mar, 29 2007 @ 07:37 AM
link   
Im not sure i understand what motivation the govt coudl possible have for lettin ppl take a yearly tour of fort knox lol. Would you??? just to debunk a fw ppl who think theres a stargate there?? ITs a vault, that contains many many valuble thigns i am sure, not something u just give a press tour to. Is there gold in there?? Yes, in all likelihood. Is there other supersecret stuff, weapons, ufo envidnce?? I would not be the least bit suprised. But hoenstly, what makes you think there woudl be no gold?? other then the fact it woudl be a cool conspiracy for some unkwon reason

posted on Mar, 29 2007 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlaBama
As for it being rigged to flood, I wouldn't doubt that a bit. There is a building on the military base where I work that has an old vault (not used anymore) and it had a metal plate at the entrance. It used to hold the most classified material on the base, and you had to stand on the metal plate and go though a security code sequence to get in. Once you did your code, the metal plate was a scale and if your weight didn't match your code within a certain tolerance, you, and everything in the vault, would be blown up.

I really doubt that... sorry, just not buying it... if someone tried to get past the security of the building that holds "the most classified material on the base", the "materials" would not get "blown up", just because the weight didn't match...

posted on Mar, 30 2007 @ 12:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
Large portion of US gold? Like nothing at all? Because the dollar isn't backed by gold, and the US is in debt, and all the gold the US got during WW2 is now abroad... So no gold in Fort Knox.

it was audited, and yes there is gold in there

posted on Mar, 30 2007 @ 10:09 AM
link   
As an actor employed by a local theater company, I once acted in Fort Knox right inside the base at an auditorium there.

A rather large auditorium with a really nice stage.

Just thought I'd add that to the list of assets.

posted on Mar, 30 2007 @ 10:49 AM
link   
There is not gold at fort knox. The federal reserve has taken it all as down payment for all the loans they gave the US government. When was the last time there was an audit done? Never. We live in a paper society. Remember money is really only a recept for gold. You are suppose to trade it in for gold. But they (federal reserve) have tricked us over decades to believe paper is actually worth something. WAKE UP ITS PAPER!! So no gold or silver. I think Fort Knox has a whole bunch of empty space available to rent.

posted on Apr, 3 2007 @ 11:38 AM
link   
I had a high school buddy who joined the army and got stationed at Ft. Knox after boot camp. A month after being stationed at the fort he broke his wrist very badly and was honorably discharged from the army.

When he came back, I asked him what he did over there. He told me that he couldn't say for national security reasons...

Anyways, the discharge left him a broken man. All his life he wanted to be a soldier and a broken wrist changed all that. He difted away from town and I never heard from him again...

Well, that's my Ft. Knox account. Here's to you, Fred.

posted on Apr, 3 2007 @ 10:09 PM
link   
New here, first post but hopefully I can give a little insight on some of the topics of this thread.

I am a copier technician employed for a company that is based in Louisville KY. My primary focus in that job is connecting the machines to networks. Our service base is from southern Indiana to Elizabethtown KY and scattered around. The biggest part of our machines are placed in Elizabethtown and the nearby Radcliff. We also have maybe 50-60 machines on base at Ft. Knox.

Routinely I drive from our shop in Louisville to Radcliff, Elizabethtown via US-31 (Dixie Hwy.) that runs somewhat in front of the depository. From that road you get a very clear view of the building and general area. Note: some of the History channel show was shot driving on this road.

I can tell you that there are no rockets, whatever on the roof of the building. If there were, there would be obvious signs of it on the roof. Also the story of cutting down trees is accurate and more guard towers (not towers at all but more of covered areas on the roof where they can look out) have been added. More fences have been added. The main road has concrete barriers blocking easy entry to the front of the building.

Whatever is there, is in no way easily accessible. It's obviously designed for that purpose and accordingly I would think nothing that would need to be accessed regularly would be put there.

I have been on the base more times than I can count, as a civillian, and there is nothing I have ever seen that shows it is anything but an ordinary base. I have been in multiple buildings, met many many people and have never seen anything even pertaining to the depository. I have seen some pretty cool tanks (the Abrams tank actually costs $67 million a piece), training facilities and a lot of other stuff.

One last note, being that I do a lot of networking and have some intrest in that subject, while talking to more than one IT director on base (most buildings have one) they have told me of a classified internet that exists and is on base. I'd be curious to see what is on that. There was a name for it but I have forgotten.

Hope this helps.

posted on Apr, 4 2007 @ 06:27 PM
link   
There is a video out called "The Money Masters" It is a 3hour layout of the dollar situation. The commentator mentions the Ft. Knox deposit of gold, he says there is not much there, it is an illusion of dollar security. In UNITED STATES , It all really boils down to mind control. This video is from the early 90's ,and Ft.Knox may have changed, but from what this video says, the gold is in the IMF Swiss-banks. The video is rather well executed, but of course, it is still in the "cant be proven " field.

Here is the link, video.google.com...

Have a nice day.

posted on Apr, 4 2007 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by elevatedone
I really doubt that... sorry, just not buying it... if someone tried to get past the security of the building that holds "the most classified material on the base", the "materials" would not get "blown up", just because the weight didn't match...

I really doubt that too, they wouldnt risk everything over someone losing 15lbs due to flu or eating too much at a BBQ or something.

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 01:42 AM
link   
reply to post by hiii_98

i live in kentucky, as far as i know there are no chemical weapons stored at Fort Knox, BUT. Richmond ky, has a insanly huge cash of them in underground bunkers. google earth and look-it. it's as big as the city of richmond itself. and they have zx nerve gas and pretty much all the really wicked bad stuff. they have leaks there on occasion. it's called the chemical weapons depot and it's right on the edge of the city of Richmond, KY. also kentucky has the largest cave system in the world. mamoth cave is only a tip of the iceburg. these caves have outlets all over the place. i've seen'em and been in'em.

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Ft Knox is also a basic training base and I believe tankers attend AIT there. Oh and some gold is there too..

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 05:49 PM
link   
I'm going to concede to not reading this whole thread, but in case it hasn't been said Fort Knox is totally NOT blurred out on Google Earth. It's clear as day.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join