It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

For Those Who are Eager for War in Iran

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 09:54 AM
link   
yep history has shown us that how cities look have no meaning to america, and there goals. although it is said that hitler, would not destroy paris landmarks during ww2, though he did occupy the area.

the problem is that air power is more important now, and what comes of this no one knows. but look at it this way. the more they destroy the more money they get to rebuild. they cannot rebuild something that has not been destroyed, like what they did in iraq, look how much money they get now just for destroying that place.

money counts more to these people who runs things, remember they will not be looking at the horrendous pictures of it after, to spoil there minds, they just ignore all the gore and take home the bank cheque.

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Running the risk of repeating myself:

It is so easy to demonize the other until you realize that what looks out from your eyes, is the same spirit, the same heart, the same soul that looks out from other eyes as well.

..."Let not a man glory in this, that he loves his country; let him rather glory in this, that he loves his kind."
Bahau'llah

That is not propaganda that is reality.

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Speaking of propaganda... the media outlets reported 10,000 in DC protesting Bush and his policies... the parks department however reports over 400,000 were in attendance.

A slight difference don't you think? But God knows can't let em know how real the opposition to Bushes warmongering actually is, it might empower them.

[edit on 29-1-2007 by grover]

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Downtown NYC used to be beautiful too.

Now, before you say "iran had nothing to do with it", I am not trying to say that because of 9/11 we should bomb Iran. However, that was the first salvo that in history will be seen as a religious conflict when it is over. We are in the 3rd world war. This is a fact. We were drawn into it on 9/11.

This is a war that has raged for thousands of years now. This is just the latest in a long line of conflict. No one that I know is eager for war, but there are those who want to ensure the safety of future generations. If anything, ALL nuclear weapons should be destroyed. No one should possess them. However, this is a MAD MAD world. (pun intended)

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Wars never guarantee anything except death and further wars for current and future generations. War is always a failure of intelligence.

No one ever profits from war except the war profiter damn their souls to hell.

[edit on 29-1-2007 by grover]

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 10:17 AM
link   
maybe you should post pictures of Tel Aviv as well - if the current leaders of iran manage to develop nuclear weapons, it is their avowed intention to "wipe Israel from the face of the earth"
2 sides to every story, and I for one would not like to see the Islamic extremists who run Iran have access to nuclear weaponry.
It is also their avowed intention to "destroy western civilization" and replace it with "benevolent" sharia law.
I call these people extremists, because the Koran says that muslims should respect christians and jews as people of the book - and this is clearly not the case.....

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 10:37 AM
link   

maybe you should post pictures of Tel Aviv as well - if the current leaders of iran manage to develop nuclear weapons, it is their avowed intention to "wipe Israel from the face of the earth"

Gah! You do realize that this quote was misinterpreted and taken out of context, right? Here do some reading on the subject before you use propaganda to support your cause:
"Wiped off the map"

Also, you do realize that the President of Iran does not have any real power right? He is merely a figurehead. The real power belongs to the supreme leader, Ayatollah Khamanai.

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by they see ALL
so...

were not supposed to invade iran because one city has many people and looks nice

i know what you are saying here but, if iran is really a genuine threat to us, i am all for a war (and i was against the iraq war)...

I'm sorry, but a threat to who? The western-world? They want to live their own lives without western intervention. Is that too much to ask for? Have our corporations brainwashed this many people into thinking that war is ok? Looking back on our violent past has lead many to believe that war is not the answer. How can you see it otherwise? You sir are a ignorant jack*** who has no care for the suffering we have caused to millions of people and other creatures. I am sorry, but this kind of intolerance is the reason Islamic fundamentalists hate us. We as a whole pretty much don't give a rats ass what people think about our actions.

Why don't we start taking responsibility for our actions instead of blaming "terrorists" who in my opinion are my brothers fighting for freedom! What did our ancestors do during the war of the revolution (arguably a coup d'etat that didn't do jack either, except send the british resistance underground in the form of economic control)? Would you want another country/person constantly telling you what you can and cannot do?

For Gods sake, leave the world alone you cowards!!!!

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by esdad71
Downtown NYC used to be beautiful too.

Now, before you say "iran had nothing to do with it", I am not trying to say that because of 9/11 we should bomb Iran. However, that was the first salvo that in history will be seen as a religious conflict when it is over. We are in the 3rd world war. This is a fact. We were drawn into it on 9/11.

It is that sort of thinking (or lack of) and language which will give ammunition to Islamic militants who think the same, Christian militants who think the same, NeoCons who will talk of a Globally enforced Caliphate and will concern Muslims and Christians worldwide.

This is not about Muslims seeking Global domination, or Christians seeking Global domination.

This is about NeoCon imperialists seeking NeoCon global domination, and Muslims and others being on the receiving end of this for years before September 11th 2001.

Don't make your false prophesy become fulfilled. Know the truth.

It's a NeoCon crusade, not a Christian one. It's a militant Islam Jihad, not a Muslim one.

If all those who followed Islam (All 1.3 Billion of them) were waging Jihad, believe me, you would know about it.

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 10:56 AM
link   
ahhh,
intolerance......
actually, I was speaking about the islamic leaders who I know are the real power in Iran.....
and he is the one who said about Israel.......
just as hitler did about the jewish people
I have no agenda, but I do believe in the right of nations to protect themselves from aggressors, whatever their motivation. The problem here is the extremism of the real power-brokers, both to other nations and their own people.
Extremism in any form is a terrible thing, but more so when coupled with weapons of terrible and terrifying power.
I don't swallow the bullplop about an "axis of evil", but I do know that if the religious leaders of iran have their way we will all be back living in the dark ages, with the extremist versions of the spanish inquisition.

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Fair enough, but where is the proof about their agenda? You say that we will be sent back to the stoneage if the leaders of Iran have their way, but I ask where is the proof of this? I'm not quite sure how the entire world is being fooled by this "war on terrorism", but we have gone from Osama Bin Laden (who has mysteriously disappeared as being of any concern the Bush), then moved on to Iraq (who was apparently harbouring the same WMDs that Iran is after), and now finally to Iran. When and where is this going to stop until people "feel safe"? It seems, to me, that the US government is starting these conflicts for reasons other than, fighting the terrorists. Your personal well-being is probably the last thing on the government's mind.

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 11:15 AM
link   
sorry but i think the iran government is bringing all this on their self and
dragging the ppl with them. its sad yes. but what are we the us and international community to do? let them do what they like. tell Ahmadinejad to look at this video and see if he'll stop his madness
because of one video. just my opinion.

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 11:27 AM
link   
the personal wellbeing of any individual citizen is always the last thing on any governments mind (except their own of course).
As for proof - if there is no threat, why are Syria and Saudi holding "secret" talks with the Israeli leaders about the problems facing the area?
The more moderate muslim countries are very worried indeed by the recent developments in Iran. Just so we are clear, Saudi also has sharia law but takes the moderate view that the koran is meant as a guide rather than a set of instructions that must be followed blindly, and as a Saudi islamic scholar once said of mullahs and ayatollahs "no man should come between another and his god" - a viewpoint that is a constant bone of contention - especially when considering that most of the problems occur when it is a mullahs or ayatollahs interpretation of what the koran is saying. They are also very worried about the shi'a element prevalent in Iran as opposed to the generally more moderate sunni prevalent in most other islamic nations.
Shi'a have a long and bloody history of enforcing their will on others, and this is what worries Saudi, and, it appears, syria.
My voice is not for war, it is against extremism, in any form, including western extremism in the form of economic imperialism.

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Any assualt on Iran would only consist of attacking military targets, policital targets not civilans (purposefully).

It's the Iranian leadership which is the problem not the people. The US knows this.

Imanidiot words and actions make it seem as if he is looking to get 'the bomb' and then use it to 'wipe Israel off the map', regardless of any destruction that would then occur to Iran.

I don't think he cares if Iran gets destroyed as long as Israel is gone. It's a religious ideaology which is being delt, not a 'normal' situation.

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Setting aside the pros and cons of war (though I personally see no benefit arising from conflict,) I think this thread makes a commendable effort to do something that I feel we should have the capacity to do for ourselves, but which many of us have difficulty in doing: to humanize those identified as adversaries.

Perhaps it would be beneficial to create a thread dedicated entirely to photographs of potential (or current) war zones which showcase the humanity and beauty in those regions. While many are clearly aware that any land will have its eyesores as well as its wonders, I have encountered many who genuinely believe some countries that have already become war zones, or are in danger of becoming war zones, possess no natural, cultural, or simply human beauty at all. This is simply a suggestion, and something I would personally love to see. If it were created, I would hope that it would be fair, inclusive, and impartial with regard to what countries were shown.

Nations spend so much time vilifying one another's governments, and so little celebrating one another's general populations and cultural contributions to the world.

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by ferretman2
Any assualt on Iran would only consist of attacking military targets, policital targets not civilans (purposefully).

It's the Iranian leadership which is the problem not the people. The US knows this.

Such a lovely idea... "the people of Baghdad are not the target of our attack"... uhuh sure and who suffered the most in it, and in the afterward?

Unless they are totally isolated in some mountain fastness... you can never surgically attack the leaders with reprocussions on the population.

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by biggie smalls
I'm sorry, but a threat to who?

i was speaking about the us, but only because i live there

if a country is a threat to another, it deserves to have some action taking against (military, diplomatic, etc.) them by that country or its allies, right

this seems most fair to me...

now, i don't know if iran is a genuine threat to the us (or any other country) and that's why i said "if"...

[edit on 29-1-2007 by they see ALL]

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 12:40 PM
link   
I am currently listening to Paul Simon's "An American Tune" written in the aftermath of Watergate, but it still speaks clearly for these dark times in this country....

Yes Iran has a Belligerent ass for a president...but so don't we and he is far more dangerous... and he's not a figurehead, and he wants to exercise his deadly powers.

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Kind of like the ones they used to make of Russia, when they wanted tourist. I don't have a problem with Iran, I have a problem with the people in charge, and their intense hatred of anyone not them. If they had the power to kill everybody but them they would. They have bred generations of fanatics who get bolder and bolder.

Do I want a war with Iran....no. Does that matter.....no

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by they see ALL

Originally posted by biggie smalls
I'm sorry, but a threat to who?

i was speaking about the us, but only because i live there

if a country is a threat to another, it deserves to have some action taking against (military, diplomatic, etc.) them by that country or its allies, right

this seems most fair to me...

now, i don't know if iran is a genuine threat to the us (or any other country) and that's why i said "if"...

[edit on 29-1-2007 by they see ALL]

what about taiwan, and china. are america going to come to there aid.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join