It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

For Those Who are Eager for War in Iran

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by esdad71
Beirut is beautiful too. I am not stating that we should go to war with Iran, as I feel that it is a trap to lure us and let the Soviet Union mop us up and the Chinese take Japan and Taiwan. Muslim uprising in Europe and I am sure a terror attack or two in the states.

Beirut is beautiful! Dont want to sound like a you know what, but their is no Soviet Union anymore: it expired with the collapse of communism in eastern europe* Now it is just Russia*

And I am against bombing Iran too, and I did not vote for Bush---whoever did ought to feel like something the cat drug in now

Mod Edit: BB Code.

[edit on 29/1/2007 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 01:02 AM
link   
Germany and Japan prior to World War 2 were also quite nice to look at.
So was Russia and China but that didn't stop anyone.

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 01:32 AM
link   
Japan was beautiful, and we dropped fire from the sky to make a mockery of their wood and paper construction.

Anyway, I don't want war with Iran, I'm just making the point that this argument has never dissuaded warmongers from their warmongering.

In a perfect world, the leaders/pundits/religious nutters who want to fight each other would be ushered into a dirt arena, and given nail bats to bludgeon each other with. Then, they could fight for our amusement, instead of the other way around.

But that would never happen, because if the elite can't get us to fight for them, to die for their profit margins, their heart is no longer in it. They're willing to sacrifice millions to turn red to black on their balance sheets, but they won't die for it, not in a million years.

:shk:

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 02:35 AM
link   
Yeah back in WW1 and WW2 Germany/Russia/GB knew that the other countries were beautiful but they had to fight otherwise their countries would be taken over.

The whole point in this thread is that a lot of stupid Americans actually think that Iran is just some desert town where everyone is a terrorist and they all ride around on camels. Movies like Team America don't really help either because i'm sure a load of people think that it's depicting real life!

And the point is that America isn't going to be taken over by Iran so people shouldn't be so quick to scream war at them.

JCM

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 02:47 AM
link   
It appears we are waste deep in a world war of the worst kind (A religious war), it’s just ramping up unfortunately. We went on the offense after 911 but the US has been under attack for years! Count all the attacks yourself!

Gee these sure are pretty buildings are they not! We will probably be loosing a few cities before it’s over or maybe worse. Our

See Link >

I don't think the people that died in these buildings on 911 where ready to go, I do belive the thousands of suicide bombers out there can't wait to "go". And take as many with them as they can.

I hope all you peace nicks where at the war protests last week, or I hope all you war monger prep to join the military because anyone left standing in the middle of the road on this topic will surely be run over!

I would expect Israel or the US to most probably be hitting the nuclear facilities in Iran in 2007 possibly with tactical nuclear weapons to penetrate the deep hardened bunkers built to conceal there weapons program.

No one is safe right now, not in the US not in Iran or anywhere in between, the religious conflict unraveling world wide is bigger than any one president or country.

People are walking around with there eyes wide shut and don't want to see the big picture because it is just to nasty.

News blurp:
>"Russia will upgrade Iran’s three Kilo class
subs, so that they can fire cruise missiles (launched from one of the six
torpedo tubes of the Kilos), and be generally more capable. Iran got these subs
from Russia between 1992-94. The missile in question is the SS-NX-27 “Club-S,”
which is based on the older SS-N-21 cruise missile. The Club-S actually comes
in three versions, one for attacking ships, another for land targets and
another, with a homing torpedo, for going after submarines. All versions weigh
about a ton and are about the same size as a 21 inch (533mm) torpedo. The
anti-ship and land attack versions have a range of 220 and 300 kilometers
respectively.
The anti-sub version has a range of 50 kilometers. In addition to wiring the Iranian Kilos for the new missiles, there will be other upgrades and additions to equipment."

O you didn't know Iran has submarines? Well histroy is now officaly in repeat mode so if you want to know what is to happen next, break open the history books!

Can it be stopped? Only if you are all ready to accept Islam and live under Islamic law! It appears that is the only acceptable solution to the opposition.

It's not going to be pretty decade me thinks!

[edit on 29-1-2007 by JCM]

[edit on 29-1-2007 by JCM]

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 03:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by JCM
Gee these sure are pretty buildings are they not!

See Link >

But Iran didn't attack the WTC. Isn't that why the US invaded Afghanistan?

I don't think the people that died in these buildings on 911 where ready to go, I do belive the thousands of suicide bombers out there can't wait to "go". And take as many with them as they can.

There probably are a lot of terrorists in Iran but that isn't representative of the country is it? Iranian citizens are not that different from you and me. They are just normal people that don't want war either but the world governments sure know how to incite it.

There are a lot of bad people in America but that doesn't mean that America deserves being attacked, so why is it different for Iran?

"In addition to wiring the Iranian Kilos for the new missiles, there will be other upgrades and additions to equipment."

They're making sure that they can put up a fight if anyone decides to attack them, nothing wrong with that.

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 03:52 AM
link   
War with Iran comes under the .ing of Progress.

Thats how we have built our nations, from times past, and I dont see it changing anytime soon.

Why cry about the Iraqi or the Iranian? what about the native American indian or the native Australian aborigine?

Great countries like the U.S.A are founded on blood!
Doesn't it go along the lines of making a few suffer for the betterment of many?
If the native American Indian didn't have their land taken and their culture ripped apart, think of how many people who now call the U.S home wouldn't be there?

Thats progress ....

The U.S and its allies are securing our future. You want cheap gas? You want a strong dollar?

Unfortunately in this world, those things are taken by force, because at the end of the day, thats how we humans do business.
Like those Mafia movies where the ganster says "its nothing personal, its just business" before he pulls the trigger.

So too is the BIG business of keeping your countries economy strong.

Someone has to pay, and its always the innocent.

Its a sad and horrible world we live in.

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 05:54 AM
link   
I can't help but get a chuckle out of the fact that the former Cat Stevens was the audio track for this, considering his current status and all.

What those pictures should show are massive protests sending a clear message to the country's leaders to reverse their current direction and avoid what seems to be a looming conflict, but instead it looks like the masses there are just as snowed as they are here. Considering all the threats Iran has lobbed towards Isreal I'm suprised they havent gone through with a strike on their own and let us sit this round out. I don't get off on war or any of that nonsense but a country that constantly talks about wiping out another country can only go so far and push so many buttons before someone decides to straighten them out; for the sake of people in Iran who think their leaders are morons with poor attitudes I hope it doesn't come to war but so far the outlook isin't very good.

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 06:52 AM
link   
Just because Iran has an idiot for president who makes a lot of belligerent wind doesn't mean we have the right to attack them... Hell we should empthize.

[edit on 29-1-2007 by grover]

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 07:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
For Those Who are Eager for War in Iran

I'm not giving you a hard time BH .. but I was wondering ... who is 'eager' for war in Iran? I haven't seen anyone here post that, but I could have missed it. Did something trigger this thread???

Sincerely.

If anyone is 'eager' for war then they are absolutely crazy.

Originally posted by WyrdeOne
Japan was beautiful, and we dropped fire from the sky to make a mockery of their wood and paper construction.:shk:

... and their bomb factories, and their bullet factories, and their war ship yards, and their war planes, and their 'civilian' war machine.

I was stationed in japan for 3 years and went to Hiroshima. It wasn't just a sleepy little town. It was a war machine. Even 6 year old kids were in school half a day and then working half a day in bullet factories. We gave them notice to surrender or we'd destroy it. They started the war. They wouldn't stop. We finished it.

[edit on 1/29/2007 by FlyersFan]

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 08:04 AM
link   
My purpose is not to show pretty buildings. My purpose is to appeal to the human side of people; to remind you that Iran and its people are very much like the US and its people; to highlight the similarities between Iranians and ourselves and our countries.

If we were to go to war with Iran, it would be no different than if another country went to war with the US. If we were to bomb their cities, their buildings, their culture, it would be no different than if someone did the same to us. If Tehran were to go up in smoke, it would be no different than if Houston or Chicago were to be leveled.

And if you believe that the threat from Iran is real, just realize that our whole country fell for the lie about Iraq. This time, they had to manufacture a bigger and badder threat for us to really be afraid enough to fall for it. If you're embarrassed that you fell for the Iraq threat, just realize that you're now believing a known, proven liar, and you're falling for their story once again.

And when Tehran is leveled and all its people are dead and the beautiful city is destroyed and we discover that their nuclear work was actually for their own power and not to wipe us off the face of the earth, then you can look back and tell yourself, "Well, everybody thought they were a threat." And you can realize that you listened to the boy who cried wolf, once again, and you can realize what a fool you were. Again.

I'm not a peace-nik. I believe in justified war. But I'm also intelligent enough to know when the wool's being pulled over my eyes. For the 3rd or 4th time.

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 08:07 AM
link   
thread starter your not going along with the script, todays world is supposed to be like 1984 by orwell, we aren't supposed to be able to see images of our enemies, that create an emotional response like empathy. you are supposed to be for big brother, thought criminal,

i should contact the thought police.

lets get real for a second, america has a long history of leveling cities. you people do some of the most horrendous war crimes going. when are you people going to learn that leveling cities, is a good slogan to describe americans, they love it.

i was watching a video of some aussie made about americans to make them look stupid, and one of those americans on the video, said america should turn the middle east into glass, nice people you have over there.

everyone knows you americans are conditioned night and day for wars, and you cannot get enough of not understanding a situation, but because your the big bully you can do what ever you want.

AMERICAN PEOPLE LOVE LEVELING CITIES.

[edit on 29-1-2007 by andy1033]

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
And if you believe that the threat from Iran is real, ...

I believe the threat from Iran is very real, but the threat from Iraq (to us) was not. Bush43 got it backwards. Now with a real threat to America (and the world in general) coming from Iran, America is too war weary to care or want to deal with it.

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033
.. and one of those americans, said america should turn the middle east into glass...

I sincerely hope you understand the meaning of "sarcasm." It happens quite a bit on this site. For some of us, it is all we have left. Rational thought and truely justified wars seem to be things of the past.

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by TrueAmerican

.. and one of those americans, said america should turn the middle east into glass...

I sincerely hope you understand the meaning of "sarcasm." It happens quite a bit on this site. For some of us, it is all we have left. Rational thought and truely justified wars seem to be things of the past.

of course i understand sarcasm, but the comment was not on this site, it was on a video played on this site from youtube, some aussie trying to show that americans are stupid or something.

but you cannot deny your country has a long history of leveling cities, and americans always do it with a smile on there face, this is something you cannot deny at all.

on rational thought and wars etc... how do you not know there is not a method to there madness.

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Thanks BH for this thread, I saw a documentary in the discovery channel I believe that opened my eyes to life in Tehran.

In the documentary the people spoke very good English and they were in Terror about a possible attack of US on them.

They like Western goods and they like the Western way of live in many ways without forgetting their own social structure.

Specially the younger people.

The also did not agree with what the Prime minister was doing to make US angry and they were freely exposing this in TV.

I was amazed and very touched by their feelings.

Like everything the younger generations wants changes but they have a wall between the old ways and the modern influences.

I think that given the time Iran will eventually change.

[edit on 29-1-2007 by marg6043]

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 09:06 AM
link   

AMERICAN PEOPLE LOVE LEVELING CITIES.

FYI,
I don't know one person who is for a war with Iran, wants the middle east turned to glass, or loves levelling cities. (However I do live in one of the country's most liberal states) I think that the american people are, for the most part, good, they've just been brainwashed through years of the country's educational system.

Those who are smart enough to see through the brainwashing know what's going on, and that's a huge percentage. Unfortunately there is even a smaller percent who are willing to accept that our leaders are pretenders to the throne, who have stolen it from beneath the rightfully elected parties.

Rich countries have corrupt leadership and a loyal population. This is a dangerous combination.

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
I'm not giving you a hard time BH ..

That's ok. Go a., I can take it.

I haven't seen anyone here post that...

Most of the people aren't eager for war. But here are some quotes from this board in threads about war with Iran (names withheld):

"US SHOULD have invaded Iran in '03 instead of Iraq..."

The USA and Coalition is on a War Path because the Islamofascist Killers have attacked and continue to attack un armed Women and Children, we will destroy the sponsors of Terror.

Iran has this coming if you think you can say that Jews should be wiped off the face of the Earth with Impunity your about to learn and awful lesson in table manners son.

Iran is a huge problem and it's not likely going to disappear and take care of itself. Something needs to be done to neutralize this growing threat to world stability.

Iran is the true threat. They dont even try to hide it!!!
If it was up to cowards like you, we would all be speaking German by now.

I never voted or wanted to go to Iraq. It’s Iran that should have been attacked.

There are more, and I'm fairly sure some people keep their true feelings to themselves for fear of lambasting by other members. Still there are plenty of people here on ATS and here in the US that want to level the entire Middle East, starting with Iran.

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Iranians are just like you and me, they are humans just like you and me.

They have families, fathers, mothers, sons, daughters, brothers, sisters, babies

They love, they cry, they laugh, they feel pain and feel euphoria and eat and sleep and dream happy or fleeting dreams.

Just like you. Just like me.

They are people. They are all individuals like you and me.

People who say "nuke em" "glass em" and "send them back to the stone age" advocate their murders. Not with their bare hands, or at the trigger of their own pistol, but the results are the same.

Butchery of lives.

It is a shame people don't think of that, or don't like to, instead willing the deaths of Iranians with throwaway comments fuelled by hatred and fear.

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by deessell
I just watched that about an hour ago and it made my cry -- puts things into perspective along with the very beautiful song Peace Train by the man formally known as Cat Stevens. More people should see this.

Berlin was a beautiful city as well. Even when Hitler was in power!

So was Moscow..

Tell me ... how does the layout of a city mean ... anything? Liberal biased website naturally of course.. not to mention playing with the emotions of your own political base.. this propaganda will have no effect on anyone your trying to reach OP. I dont want war with Iran either.. but not because they have a big fountain....

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join