It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

For Those Who are Eager for War in Iran

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2007 @ 10:20 AM
link   
I think it's easy to imagine going to war with a country and bombing the leaders and what we see as 'threats' to us.

Take a look at the city and people of Tehran. Have you fully considered what a war in Iran would do? Think about another Baghdad. As you watch these images, imagine them bombed like Baghdad.

Is that really what you want?

Images of Tehran

posted on Jan, 28 2007 @ 10:30 AM
link   
I just watched that about an hour ago and it made my cry -- puts things into perspective along with the very beautiful song Peace Train by the man formally known as Cat Stevens. More people should see this.

posted on Jan, 28 2007 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Pretty nice hey?
Im sure it has its slums, and its bad areas...

but it shows you that they are not all the blood thirsty terrorists some would have you believe.

They are a developed nation,

I just prey that nothing happens in the next 18months, as Tehran and Telaviv are on my itinerary for my next backpacking trip... it would be a shame not to see persia in its beauty.

posted on Jan, 28 2007 @ 11:03 AM
link   
I'm not one who's eager for war in Iran, so possibly I should not be replying to your post.

Basically, I'm posting because I sense you're feeling enormous pain and despair about the prospect of further human suffering and are hoping via your post to persuade Westerners to see through the media glorification of 'just another war over there'.

I think you have reason for optimism. People everywhere are sickened by the invasion of Iraq and revolted by what they've learned about their own politicians' motives.

There's a tremendous collective guilt and despair about what's occurring. People are approaching it from many different perspectives. Some believe in a form of karma; they know we're living in comfort and safety which is being paid for by others' deep suffering and loss.

Others, no matter how patriotic they may be, are ashamed of what their government has done in their name and allegedly to protect their 'freedoms'.

Many realise they were lied to by their politicians; about 9/11, about Saddam, about Iraqis generally. Most have no fear of Iraqis and feel only guilt and shame about the horrors that have been inflicted by our own policitians upon Iraqi children, women, men, animals, culture.

People now look at those hideous old fake-men (politicians) and see their cruel faces, their greed, their personal cowardice and their dishonesty.

These are the liars who used our menfolk to kill and torture and destroy an entire nation, who threw our youth into the grave with innocents' blood on their hands.

We look at them as they strut and posture and lie to us over and over again. We loathe them. We loathe their wives and sons and daughters and parents and friends for not spitting in their foul faces; for not having them committed to asylums, for not killing them as they slept.

We know that we are stained and that stain will never wash away. While we sit here in comfort, innocent children are coping with the pain of having their arms and legs blown and burnt off and much worse. We're all, in some way, responsible for that and we will ALL pay a price, sooner or later.

Only the terminally deluded can justify what is happening and only psychopaths would want to wade deeper in others' blood.

The good news is ---- we're running out of psychopaths !

The Humans are returning and are rediscovering their conscience and their voice !

About bloody time !

posted on Jan, 28 2007 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Why BH! Of COURSE that's what we the warmongers want! We want horrifying death! Indescribable pain! Destruction beyond belief! We are the warmongers. And we want war. Yes Siree Bob- umm, I mean Bush.

BH, life is no fun at all without being able to watch people die on LiveLeak and YouTube. And hey, that friend of mine that got killed in Iraq? Oh man, you shoulda heard what his brother told me: That right as he was dying he called in on his cell phone gurgling in his own blood to say his last good bye's to the family! Ain't that neat? He said his legs had been blown off! COOL! Weeeeee! We are the warmongers! We want war, war, and more war!

And what's this? Another country we can go to war with?!!? YIPEEEEEEEEEE!!! MORE WAR!!!! YAY!!!! Who cares about beautiful persian mosques and thousands of years worth of heritage? We want WAR! Yep, yep, kill em all and take their oil, and whatever else you friendly war profiteers can find! Fun fun fun, oh shoot em with a gun! YAY! WAR!

We'll laugh at all the orphaned kids without parents! And pull on their maimed legs to inflict more pain! It's the ONLY way! Those narly terrorists!
Every last one of em! We haven't killed anough yet! We need to kill at least two million more before we'll be satisfied! Nuke Tehran! Yeah, that's a great idea! Let's watch on Youtube as they all get incinerated in the big, beautiful, incredibly delightful flash and mega fireball! Roast Mullah! Yum!

Oh but wait! We have to be sure to start another civil war so that before we even leave there is MORE war! YES! CIVIL WAR! How lovely! All those dead bodies, crying families and blood red streets are more beautiful than anything we have ever seen!

For we are the warmongers. And we want war. Yes Siree Bush. And Co.

posted on Jan, 28 2007 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Ask the warmongerer RRConservative who seems to be a 12 years old in his parent's basement, brainwashed on action movies from hollywood and that kind of crap. Seriously, he's a troll or a moran.

Anyway, if war with Iran happens, I hope some generals who cares for humanity and constitution to takeover the government, execute them and do new elections for the people.

The US needs either a coup d'état or a revolution.

[edit on 28-1-2007 by Vitchilo]

posted on Jan, 28 2007 @ 07:39 PM
link   
i was in Iran a few years ago,for work!
We flew into Tehran first,then had to transfer to the internal airport for a flight to Kerman.
I don't know where those photo's were taken,but we drove through the center of Tehran,and i never saw any places like those?
As for being a developed nation,we didn't see to much evidance of that,cars held to gether with string,tires with the wire hanging out,no proper toilets at the airport,just holes in the ground,etc.
But saying that i have to agree that the scenary out in the desert near Kerman was just stunning.
Unfortunately, we weren’t allowed to take photographs, as there is a lot of tension with westerners (understandably!)
Also have to say the Iranians that we spoke to were very friendly, and we never felt threatened in any way.
Also I saw the most beautiful women I’ve ever laid eyes on during the flight to Kerman!
She was one of the air hostesses, absolutely astonishingly beautiful.

posted on Jan, 28 2007 @ 07:43 PM
link   
It is so easy to demonize the other until you realize that what looks out from your eyes, is the same spirit, the same heart, the same soul that looks out from other eyes as well.

..."Let not a man glory in this, that he loves his country; let him rather glory in this, that he loves his kind."
Bahau'llah

posted on Jan, 28 2007 @ 07:43 PM
link   

You have voted Benevolent Heretic for the Way Above Top Secret award. You have used all of your votes for this month.

I think this is a wonderful thread.

I have done three tours of Iraq, I've seen war. I thank god that my country (UK) has no plans for millitary action against Iran (as far as I know)

posted on Jan, 28 2007 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Frankly....

I don't care what Iran looks like.

Whether is beautiful as in the pictures you linked to... or the disease infested dump that Barn depicted...

It shouldn't matter what the place looks like.

The U.S. shouldn't be in Iraq. The U.S. shouldn't be headed to Iran. The U.S. shouldn't be warmongering as they continue to do day by day.

It just shouldn't happen. Not now. Not tomorrow. Not ever. Not for the reasons the Bush Administration calls for action upon.

posted on Jan, 28 2007 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Infoholic

The U.S. shouldn't be in Iraq. The U.S. shouldn't be headed to Iran. The U.S. shouldn't be warmongering as they continue to do day by day.

It just shouldn't happen. Not now. Not tomorrow. Not ever. Not for the reasons the Bush Administration calls for action upon.

Well said!

posted on Jan, 28 2007 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Wow, another Iran thread and still no.."Nuke them into Oblivion, turn it into a glass aprking lot" comment. I think people with those thoughts need to do a little research into history and see the precipice we are on right now.

Back in the 30's the talk of war was just like it is now, noone wanted it but the powers in control ensured that it happend. I think we haven't come very far in 70+ years to be honest, the same types of Despot's control the super power countries and drag the civilians along through deception.

Wouldn't it be fantastic if when war is declared noone showed up ? but it wont ever happen as we are still primal savages drawn to conflict and wars, but realise the mistake after we see the death and realise our mortality and only then want out.

posted on Jan, 28 2007 @ 08:49 PM
link   
so...

were not supposed to invade iran because one city has many people and looks nice

i know what you are saying here but, if iran is really a genuine threat to us, i am all for a war (and i was against the iraq war)...

posted on Jan, 28 2007 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Thank you Jimmy1880.

Barn, do a google search of images of Tehran. It's a beautiful place.

Or visit this site and scroll to the bottom and click on Present Day Tehran or Murals in the Metro Station. There are some really good pictures in there. Maybe you drove through the poorer part of the city?

The more I look into Iran, the more I see they're like us. I have known many Iranians. I worked with them for years. I've eaten in their homes, met their families. They're beautiful people.

posted on Jan, 28 2007 @ 09:04 PM
link   
I was not aware there was people who wanted iran to be bombed....

That's just too sadistic to imagine a person who wants a place to be nuked.

posted on Jan, 28 2007 @ 09:09 PM
link   
I'm not really in favor of the whole war, but this is a subjective, narrow focus on Iran. You could easily make the same collage of the animal kingdom with cute looking baby lions and tigers. That doesn't say anything about their nature or motives or beliefs or feelings toward the rest of the world. Every population strives for pleasure, and that's what you're seeing in these photos.

posted on Jan, 28 2007 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Yep, I love those pictures. They do a lot of good. How dare the US to protect themselves from a deveolped nation. You know, the ones that look nice and are able to make weapons that are able attack friends of the US. If they are friends of the US then they don't mean anything. Let them destroy thier parks, schools, and homes. Beter yet, lets just all give them a hug. I hope the don't have a bomb strapped to their chest.

What are you are trying to say? Are you trying to say that the US should only bomb countries that look like crap? I understand, if they don't have much then they wont mind if they have everything taken away.

I kind of like it. If you country don't look nice then it's ok if we just roll in. I like it... If you live in a hut, we will kick your butt. Try to stay calm, and we will send you a bomb. The new war planning should just follow the idea that we should only attack counties that can't defend themself. Sounds good to me.

Styki

posted on Jan, 28 2007 @ 10:40 PM
link   
I'm confused. Why would anyone WANT to go to war with Iran? Can someone please explain?

posted on Jan, 28 2007 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Beirut is beautiful too. I am not stating that we should go to war with Iran, as I feel that it is a trap to lure us and let the Soviet Union mop us up and the Chinese take Japan and Taiwan. Muslim uprising in Europe and I am sure a terror attack or two in the states.

Mainstream Iran does not want war, just as the average American would rather not be in this war. However, we are not the policy makers, and if the president of Iran continues his rhetoric, where else can this go but to war. You could not give me enough to be the next president of the United States.

Hopefully you will be able to backpack there. My wife and I have a cruise to Turkey and greece next year and hope the climate is ok.

posted on Jan, 28 2007 @ 10:48 PM
link   
To go at war with Iran because of his leadership is very stupid. If you start from this point, the whole world want to invade and nuke the US to liberate you from you're evil dictator, the Bush regime.

Warmongerers, you're saying why the iranians can't make a revolution against their government? I ask you the same question. If Russia would threaten to invade you to ``liberate`` you and steal your natural ressources, would you make a revolution before they invade? Would you great them as liberators or as invaders? That's what I thought.

[edit on 28-1-2007 by Vitchilo]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join