It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

To be a Mason or not to be...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Tonight while going to my cousins appartment, I noticed that we have a Masonic lodge in our community. I find this quite interesting as there are only about 14-15,000 people in my town-rather small in fact. I was quite amazed that there was a lodge so close, and yet, I did not know of it. So my question to all of y'all is this, what are the pros and cons of joing the brotherhood of the Masons?

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 11:51 PM
link   
Make some inquiries at the lodge and get to know some of the members. See what they have to say about what they do in the community, and find out a bit about the organization.

You can't go wrong if you enter with eyes open and form your own opinion of the group.
You can always walk away if it's not to your liking...

posted on Jan, 27 2007 @ 06:08 AM
link   
I recently joined my local masonic lodge and to be honest its the best thing I've ever done. I should have done it years ago but was too frightened by all the 'horror' stories.

Lije in the previous post, get to know some members of your local lodge, but in saying that, you probarly already know some, giving the population of your town.

posted on Jan, 27 2007 @ 11:24 AM
link   
You are considering whether you should join a group that requires you to swear an oath that you won't reveal the secrets of the group. You don't know what those secrets are. These oaths are binding for life.

You will participate in rituals that, in theory, are secret. You do, then think back on what you did. Some say these rituals are evil. You swear oaths that, in theory, you know nothing about until you swear them. Do a little research on these oaths and rituals.

Think of any other organizations that require you to swear to keep the secrets of the organization, and come to the aid of other members in distress, and conceal their crimes. The Mafia, the Hells Angels, the KKK...

You go right ahead. Not Me. It's a judgement thing.

posted on Jan, 27 2007 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by xenu brings order
You are considering whether you should join a group that requires you to swear an oath that you won't reveal the secrets of the group. You don't know what those secrets are. These oaths are binding for life.

You will participate in rituals that, in theory, are secret. You do, then think back on what you did. Some say these rituals are evil. You swear oaths that, in theory, you know nothing about until you swear them. Do a little research on these oaths and rituals.

Think of any other organizations that require you to swear to keep the secrets of the organization, and come to the aid of other members in distress, and conceal their crimes. The Mafia, the Hells Angels, the KKK...

You go right ahead. Not Me. It's a judgement thing.

You speak with authority about something you know absolutely nothing about. I would be more worried about that if I were you.

posted on Jan, 27 2007 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by xenu brings order
You are considering whether you should join a group that requires you to swear an oath that you won't reveal the secrets of the group. You don't know what those secrets are.

Indeed. That's the very nature of a "secret"

These oaths are binding for life.

If taken by an honest man, yes they are.

It all boils down to whether or not you TRUST these men who are initiating you. If you do not trust them (obviously xenu, you do not) you shouldn't join.

I knew the men who were in the Lodge and trusted them (I had grown up knowing many of them and went to church with several)

An important thing is said before the Obligation (note that it's an Obligation...not an "oath" as you say) The presiding officer of the Lodge says these words, or something to this effect, depending on the exact wording of the ritual in that particular jurisdiction:

"You will now take upon yourself a solemn obligation. I am free to inform you that this obligation contains nothing which can conflict with the duties you owe to God, your country, your neighbor or yourself. Neither will it conflict with any religious or political opinions you have, be they what they may"

Think of any other organizations that require you to swear to keep the secrets of the organization, and come to the aid of other members in distress, and conceal their crimes.

Masons DO NOT swear to conceal a Brothers crimes. (and please do not bore us with an anti-Masonic web-site that says otherwise....seen 'em all)

In fact to circumvent the inevitable, the "Charge" that is given to the newly initiated Mason says the following:

"In the state, you are to be a quiet and peaceful citizen, true to your government and just to the laws of your country. Patiently submit to legal authority, and conform with cheerfulness to the government of the country in which you live."

I don't know about YOUR country, but in the U.S., concealing the crimes of another is a crime in itself.

Best,

Appak

posted on Jan, 27 2007 @ 11:39 PM
link   
My uncles a Mormon, I know of their rituals, same thing...
I plan on stopping by there to see what its all about someday soon.

[edit on 27-1-2007 by ChrisJr03]

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Seconding Appak's post. And good luck to you.

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 08:37 PM
link   
FREEMASONRY

Pros:

- controlling the world banks
- glorious esoteric battles with the armies of the Knights of Columbus
- meteoric advances in one's career
- taking out personal vendettas on unsuspecting members of the public
- blowing up toilets
- drugging housepets

Cons:

- forced submission to extra-terrestrial lizardine metamorphosists
- giving away one's hard-earned money to juvenile burn victims and the like

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Roark
FREEMASONRY

Pros:

- controlling the world banks
- glorious esoteric battles with the armies of the Knights of Columbus
- meteoric advances in one's career
- taking out personal vendettas on unsuspecting members of the public
- blowing up toilets
- drugging housepets

toilets??? Housepets??? WHERE DO I SIGN!?!?!?

posted on Feb, 1 2007 @ 02:15 AM
link   
Keep in mind also that the secrets of Masonry have not been secret since the printing press was invented.

posted on Feb, 1 2007 @ 06:39 AM
link   
Secrecy is one of the permanent 'Landmarks' of all Masonic Grand Lodges.

As is the Masonic 'Landmark' of bodily resurrection without the saving grace of Jesus Christ.

posted on Feb, 1 2007 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Viva Christo Rey
Secrecy is one of the permanent 'Landmarks' of all Masonic Grand Lodges.

As is the Masonic 'Landmark' of bodily resurrection without the saving grace of Jesus Christ.

This is, of course, a lie and you have no evidence to back it up. Please don't go wittering on about Hiram Abiffs alleged resurrection in the 3rd degree like the herd of fundies, instead post a list of landmarks, approved by all regular grand lodges, which lists bodily resurrection.

Christian freemasons have to put up with lies from fundies all the time. Don't think your anything special. I pray that the Lord Jesus Christ opens your eyes to the foolish and wasteful path you are seeking to tread.

posted on Feb, 1 2007 @ 08:23 AM
link   
If Hiram Abiff was killed by the 'Ruffians' then how can he respond to King Soloman after he is raised from his grave?

Maybe this is what happened to George Washington's Masonic Apron...

posted on Feb, 1 2007 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Viva Christo Rey
If Hiram Abiff was killed by the 'Ruffians' then how can he respond to King Soloman after he is raised from his grave?

That's easy, he doesn't. I guess you missed the phrase 'figurative grave'.

posted on Feb, 1 2007 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Murdered.
Buried.
Unburied.
Dead putrifying body brought before King Solomon.
Raised by Fellowcraft using 'Lions Paw'.
Asked question by King Solomon.
Answers question by King Solomon.

Now who said dead men tell no tales...

posted on Feb, 1 2007 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Viva Christo Rey,

Congratulations on becoming the latest exemplar of a little bit of knowledge being a dangerous thing. It seems you already had your mind made up before you started trolling the board so I'm sure any attempt at discussion will turn out to be a waste of bandwidth as it seems any of Trinityman's posts to you have demonstrated.

Shame really

posted on Feb, 1 2007 @ 09:01 AM
link   
That's what's great about Freemasonry. Learn in a few 'important' words like 'exemplar', 'emulation', 'excemplification', and it make's you into a genuuuuuuiiine 'Big Man With The Masons'.

Ride that goat bro. Yee hawww.

posted on Feb, 1 2007 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Ta ta, troll. Welcome to the killfile.

Oh and by the way? The word you were looking for is exemplification, not " 'excemplification' " as you managed to mangle it. Try FireFox; it'll at least highlight your spelling errors for you.

posted on Feb, 1 2007 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Oh, o.k..

Say, lot's of 'kill files' over there in Iraq isn't there? What are you up to now, 500,000?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join