It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

To be a Mason or not to be...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2007 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Viva Christo Rey
Murdered.

Yes

Buried.

Yes

Unburied.

Yes

Dead putrifying body brought before King Solomon.

Gross. No.

Raised by Fellowcraft using 'Lions Paw'.

I guess, although I've never heard of that phrase.

Asked question by King Solomon.

Er, no.

Answers question by King Solomon.

Don't be silly. How can a corpse answer questions?

posted on Feb, 1 2007 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Trinityman
Don't be silly. How can a corpse answer questions?

Uh.....Trinityman? We're Masons. Don't you know we can do ANYTHING?

posted on Feb, 1 2007 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Viva Christo Rey
If Hiram Abiff was killed by the 'Ruffians' then how can he respond to King Soloman after he is raised from his grave?

You seem rather confused. Hiram did not "respond" to anything because he was dead. After his body was raised from the grave that the assasins dug, he was reinterred with honors in a public grave near the Temple.

posted on Feb, 1 2007 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Viva Christo Ray appears to have vanished from this thread!

Should we send out a search party, or do you think he's just restocking his teflon supplies?

posted on Feb, 2 2007 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Oh, he'll be back, probably as boredLIAR322 or something. I guess if we couldn't stand blatent lies being told about freemasonry we'd go do something else.

Poor quality trolling. Come back MrNECROS - all is forgiven

posted on Feb, 5 2007 @ 12:27 AM
link   
Ok, so if I was to join the Masons, would I simply go to the lodge and just ask or fill out an "application" or something of that, and petition to join; is that how it works?

posted on Feb, 5 2007 @ 01:05 AM
link   
That's how it goes. To be one Ask one. I myself have been thinking of joining the local lodge. I have a few friends there and it seems to be a very positive thing. I don't for one minute buy all the horror story bulls*** that Mason haters spread around. Every Mason I know is a good person who cares about people. Something I think I'm going to become a part of. If you buy all that satan, necromancy, lizard men crap that people spread about the Masons, you are truly uneducated and lack the will to go forth and seek out the right answer.

posted on Feb, 8 2007 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Being quite a conspiracy buff, I investigated the masons long and hard. There are a few things I learned that you may find useful.

1. None of the symbols, traditions or teachings are patented. This means anybody can borrow them to add legitimacy to what ever cult they wish to start. So for example the Skull and Bones may use some of the same symbols but they are not Free and Accepted Masons and would not be admitted into a lodge unless they were a member of a regularly constituted lodge of masons.

2. Any evil elite group of people can and do make use of all manner of organizations to cover and redirect the blame for their foul agendas. They may use corporations, religions, fraternities or government agencies. So there are undoubtedly evil men who have joined the masons to use it for their own warped agenda and every time they hear the masons get blamed for it they emit one of those wicked laughs that evil people are able to do

3. The vast majority of masons are your local yokels, truck drivers, real estate agents and normal guys. There are lots of current and retired military, mostly the common grunts and enlisted men. If you are looking to rub elbows withe the powerful elite men of the world, you will be disappointed.

4. You don't become a pawn of some high-up super elite group. Each lodge functions as its own unit and all of them do things slightly different than the others. They are under the authority of the grand lodge in their state or area but they don't tell you how to vote or what job to get or who to pray to. They do things like promote the ancient traditions and help the lodges stay on track if they are drifting away from the regular traditions, forgetting their lines etc. My annual dues are $35 a year so they are not soaking up my finances to pay for the NWO.

5. There are no back room deals, political discussions or religious sermons (except the occasional long winded brother who loses his focus
) There are opening and closing prayers at most functions (to God, not satan or baphomet or whatever). Masonry is tolerant of all the major religions but in America you will find the vast majority to be christian.

These items address some of the concerns I had before I joined. And may or may not be helpful to you. They are only my opinion. I have read many pro and anti masonry books and websites and found that upon joining, I knew more masonic history than a few of the long-time members. Some guys would not encourage you to look at the anti-masonry websites out there but I figure a guy aught to see ahead of time what some people think. I will warn you that misquoting books is rampant, so pay no heed unless you research the source. Also keep in mind that no author is the official voice of masonry and can only voice their own opinion. The only official voice of masonry is the one that has been echoing through the ancient traditions from time immemorial.

Had to edit a smiley

[edit on 8-2-2007 by RedPill]

posted on Feb, 9 2007 @ 10:57 AM
link   
I was initiated back in November and go for my 2nd degree later this month. I really enjoy it, have made a lot of new friends.

Take care,
Michael

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join