It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Americas

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 06:13 PM
link   
whats wierd though is if they found tobacco while exploring the americas and brought it back to egypt, than there would be depictions of them growing the stuff down by the nile but there isn't. A problem with the theory.as we know tobacco is easy to grow will grow easily in africa once introduced and you'd think the pharoh would have said plant 12 hectors of this stuff, along with that leafy green bush from that mountain area you explored in the new land that has that snappy zippy high! and make it quick. I want bushels of the stuff for the next harvest ceremony damn it!

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth

Maybe Atlantis didn't sink into the ocean. It may have just "relocated" in what may have been a recent, and currently unrecognized, surge of continental drift, set off in about 1500 BC. This could have been one of the effects of Velikovsky's hypothesized Earth-Venus encounters and may provide the missing link in the concept that the Americas (Central America in particular) could be the home of Atlantis. The Americas idea is being pursued by some archeo-geologists, but the sheer expanse of the Atlantic seems to make it a "country too far."

Source

Well, if this is indeed the case, I wonder what happen to the evidence for the technology... Was it all mowed under the earth? I mean... Perhaps other cultures came and took it apart and used it for weaponry?

I have heard this theory many times..I have never seen any convincing evidence that it is anything other than a theory. Although there have been ancient artifacts found buried under some of the earth in America... none of it has met the level of sophistication that is thought to have been in Atlantis..

I agree with SpeekerofTruth's point of view. (He speaks the truth
)
I was always wondered why since the Pangea was separated
the atlandic ocean has in its undersea anaglyph
a mountain chain???
The right thing, once the tectonic plates are getting away from each other would be to have a plane anaglyph, not a sierra.

Does it looks like that Andarctica moved from the about iceland region (Keltic legends) and while the Atlandic ocean was still in formation the Andarctica moved to the central of the Atlandic ocean outside the Pillars of Hercules (Plato's recordings).

So if Andarctica is Atlantic, it excuses the inderest of Germany before the World Wars (1/2) and the treates today exist not to travell whoever wants at Andarctica. What technology may be out there in the secret labs...

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Atlantis is Greenland, man! It moved up there after the flood man..

I'm joking. But if it did exist, which I am not sure of (there is some good evidence suggesting there may have been but no smoking gun type stuff), I'd say it would have existed where the Carribean currently is?

Specificly Cuba, Haiti, The Bahamas, etc. That entire 'Archipelago' if you will, what if most of it used to be an actual solid island in some weird shape that was broken apart by a supervolcano eruption? Or maybe even ... just a massive, massive, undersea earthquake and tsunami. Who knows! I'm not saying it was real, im just saying thats what I thnk would be the remnants. That and the island chain off of the Gibraltar strait, the Spanish ones.. Canary islands maybe?

The 'mountain range' in the middle of the Atlantic ocean does look indicative of a place where a massive plate shift could occur or perhaps already has, causing the destruction of Atlantis in an earthquake/tsunami. But then again, it could've just been the Minoan Civilization, living on the isle of Therra near Crete, which was destroyed and broken into pieces by a massive volcano eruption there, at Therra. That is a fair distance off the Greek coast past all the Aegean's islands, maybe the tale of Atlantis which was passed down for so many generations before Plato got wind of it that it never existed that far from Greece at all, and was actually just outside of the Aegean Sea?

[edit on 1/26/2007 by runetang]

[edit on 1/26/2007 by runetang]

posted on Jan, 27 2007 @ 03:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth

Originally posted by goddogo1

How come the oldest pyrmids in egypt are constructed just like the ones in the americas? Step Pyrmids put together with small bricks or bolders??

Not exactly... As one can easily see, the one in Egypt has more of a point and it is not a step pyramid..

Now, I think there may have been a cultural overlay, but I can see some very real differences between the two pyramids...

These arguments you are mentioning are not really new. It is something that has been talked and debated about for several decades now.. They are no closer to finding a conclusive answer now than they were 30 years ago..

[edit on 26-1-2007 by SpeakerofTruth]

The oldest pyramid in Egypt is stepped dating from the 3rd dynasty (apparently) accredited to King Djoser located at Saqqara.

Then theres the even older stepped mastaba tomb from the 1st dynasty known as mastaba 3038 located at Saqqara.

And a 1st dynasty stelae of Anedjib depicting a stepped structure with the king's horus name on top. (sorry cant find a picture)

Also in the 3rd dynasty other stepped pyramids were built (but not completed) and in the 4th dynasty Snefru built a stepped pyramid at Meidum but changed it into a true pyramid....THEN comes the Giza pyramids after Snefru.

So the earliest pyramids in Egypt history ARE stepped.

[edit on 27-1-2007 by lemox]

posted on Jan, 27 2007 @ 09:47 AM
link   
With the pyramids, I just thought I'd add my opinion. Segregated cultures across the globe have music, dance... because we're all human. So, I don't think it's strange that we happened to build the same structure in the pyramid. It's a standard shape imagined by a standard species.

posted on Jan, 27 2007 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by runetang
Atlantis is Greenland, man! It moved up there after the flood man..

I'm joking. But if it did exist, which I am not sure of (there is some good evidence suggesting there may have been but no smoking gun type stuff), I'd say it would have existed where the Carribean currently is?

Specificly Cuba, Haiti, The Bahamas, etc. That entire 'Archipelago' if you will, what if most of it used to be an actual solid island in some weird shape that was broken apart by a supervolcano eruption?

I tend to agree with you because I ran across an account somewhere, God help me if I needed to find it again lol, that atlantis had a land beyond it with people with red skin and hair like the tail of a horse. Hmmmm...sounds like america doesnt it? I have also read that Ceres had not visited the land of atlantis, in other words, they had none of the traditional grains that were found in old europe.

The only problem is, as someone else pointed out, atlantis had elephants which to my knowledge no carribean island has.

posted on Jan, 27 2007 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Glooper23
With the pyramids, I just thought I'd add my opinion. Segregated cultures across the globe have music, dance... because we're all human. So, I don't think it's strange that we happened to build the same structure in the pyramid. It's a standard shape imagined by a standard species.

My teacher of anthropology in the university learnt me one thing: There is no cultural parthenogenesis, and i am quite advocate of his opinion. The way we have the same music/art/etc is becouse the flow of information is so much and so fast that we do not realise the difference.

Also, chick this
out. What an ideal island/condinent for Atlandis.
By the way, this is Antarctica without the ice

[edit on 27-1-2007 by Dragonlike]

posted on Jan, 27 2007 @ 11:55 AM
link   
here is a good place to look about the atlantis elephants connection with the elephants of the americas.

Atlantis Checklist 3 from www.lost-civilizations.net

just a thought!

posted on Jan, 27 2007 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Thanks for the link to that very informative web site. There are some details mentioned there that I never heard before. The facial features of the god Chaac is a point of interest I took in. The fact that Chaac had a short snout just like an elephant is one thing that made me think.

I am of the opinion that the Phoenicians and Carthaginians were tied into the Atlantis legend and that they influenced the Mesoamericans in their early years. The one thing that stands out for me with the connection of these cultures is that the Phoenician and the Mayan both cut themselves to spill blood on the ground to make suplication to their gods. This method is called Bloodletting.

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 07:37 AM
link   
www.activemind.com...

here is the story of atlantis told by plato. I was wondering where does it talk about elephants?

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd

In the first place, Plato was the only one to write about Atlantis. If it was a real place, others would have written about it.

I disgaree... That is like saying that just because the New Testament prophets were the only ones to write about Jesus he must not have existed. There was a philosopher named Josephus who lived during the same time as Jesus, yet, he never wrote anything about him. Am I supposed to deduct that just because very few wrote about Jesus that he didn't exist... Nah...

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Speaking of elephants. THere is a museum in Peru. They had in the Inca section a bunch of small figurines about the size of a childs fist which looked exactly like elephants. The curators were tired of getting questions like why are Incans make little figurines of elephants? So they removed them from public display and keep them in the back.

Were these figurines given to the inca's through trade with people who had seen elephants or had Incan explorers have gone to someplace at one point and seen elephants?

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 01:27 PM
link   
you got thaty from a Sitchin book didn't you

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 07:23 PM
link   
uhhh noooo
Why would you think that?

Quick run!!! they're on to me.

I've heard it before on the web about 2 years ago, but it's possible the link was sighting sitchins, cause I've seen him talk about that too.

Problem with sitchen though is that I've never been able to figure out how you go from a picture of enki holding a jug of water to saying that there is a rouge planet that our 'gods' live on that recieves no sunlight but that the aliens from marduk or timat or whatever look just like us people and that they needed gold to fix their atmosphere which doesn't make much sense if you think about it.

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Reproduction is permitted if accompanied by the statement.

© Z. Sitchin 2000
Reproduced by permission.

Gone - Where and Why?

I, and some of my fans who accompanied me, saw them on previous visits to the Museum.

BUT when I (and again some of my fans with me) was there recently -- in December 1999 -- the elephants were nowhere in sight!

I could find no one in authority to obtain an explanation from. But that the elephants were once there was a fact indeed, here is a photograph of one, shot on a previous visit:

Now, here is the significance of this small artifact: There are no, and never have been, elephants in the Americas. There are and have been elephants in Africa. And a depiction of an elephant could have been made only by someone who has seen an elephant, i.e. someone who has been to Africa!
At this and other museums later visited in December 1999, guards have asserted that objects that I wished to point out and that were written up in my book The Lost Realms but somehow vanished, were loaned for an overseas exhibit.

Perhaps. But that such a hard-to-explain depiction of an elephant would be selected to highlight Mexico's ancient heritage, is either unlikely or highly significant.

I suppose one will have to revisit Jalapa and find out whether the little elephant is back among the "toys."

ZECHARIA SITCHIN

© Z. Sitchin 2000

heres what I think happened
the museum curator knew Sitchin was coming the first few times and put the toy jug he got for his kid who was a babar the elephant fan out on display to wind the old boy up

ya gotta admit theres a huge similarity
this was probably manufactured under license for hasbro in ecuador

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 12:15 PM
link   
No no no the hasbro factory in ecuador puts out trinkets showing incan gods interacting with ufo's and rockets,while simultainusly standing next to the king of akkad who writting down the scriptures of jesus. Makes no sense i know but alas everything is connected!

The chilian hasbro factory in arica makes the incan babars.

Seriously it could have been a curator screwing with sitchin. i know I would. I would produce some ancient glyph that I made in my garage. But i'll say it was unearthed at eridu. It's gunna be awsome too cause it will show enki and ninharsag building a man with high tech equipment and and arrow pointing to twelve planets in a row and discs going back and forth between the 12 one out and the 3rd one in.

Of course to fool him into thinking it's historicaly accurate I will also have enlil with his arms crossed pouting cause he is mad at enki for something or another. And innnana fighting some dude in the background cause she likes to fight.

Would probably get him on to some new improved theory.

posted on Feb, 2 2007 @ 07:30 AM
link   
for thoes of you who think elephants never lived in the americas!

www.museum.state.il.us...

also read where it says habitat, they say they even found mastadon fossils in south america!

en.wikipedia.org...

[edit on 2am2 30 200 by goddogo1]

[edit on 2am2 30 200 by goddogo1]

posted on Feb, 2 2007 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Mastodons first appeared almost four million years ago and became extinct about 10,000 years ago

The American mastodon (scientific name Mammut americanum) roamed North America from at least 3.75 million to 11,000 years ago

you better tell Sitchin that then eh

Now, here is the significance of this small artifact: There are no, and never have been, elephants in the Americas. There are and have been elephants in Africa. And a depiction of an elephant could have been made only by someone who has seen an elephant, i.e. someone who has been to Africa!

posted on Feb, 5 2007 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Here is another good site with some good reading into the Americas theory!

www.atlantisrising.com...

posted on Feb, 5 2007 @ 03:21 PM
link   
the name "Atlantis Rising" and the term "Good Site" are mutually exclusive

<< 1    3 >>

join