It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Americas

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 12:12 PM
link   
What are your views on the Americas being the Atlantis! Yucatan being the Land of the Dead for the Egyptians! What was found in the belly of the Egyptian King Tuts mummy?! Whas their coc aine leaves? I heard this on some old discovery channel show> Can't remember which show it was on.

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 01:58 PM
link   
You are correct they found traces of cocain in the mummies along with just about every other natural narcotic man could get thier hands on at the time.

They found strangely cocain in the tissue in high enough amounts to suggest it was consumed for fun. They also found the body filled with nicotein, presumably from tobacco plants, which preserves the body from decay. The amounts found were above the level one could consume so they suspect it was for the preservation of the body.

Scientist speculate that there may be some plant from the same family as tobacco to account for the nicotein maybe somewhere in south africa, but they arent sure. No way to account for coc aine either. So ya it's indicative of trade of somesort between the americas and africa.

We know they had trade extended all the way out to asia, and we know that the oceanic currents off of the horn of africa's west coast will take you to central america in a few weeks time so it's possible that they discovered the new land long before we suspect they did.

look into the olmec indians of central america. they have a seperate history than all the other natives from that time in that area and the statues look to be of people decending from negroid genetics not of indian(native american)

i don't think that they were the atlanteans but you never know. I just think that the white man (i'm white) underm estemated just about every other race and culture other than their own and never gave poeple credit for discovering the americas long before they suspect anybody every did.

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 02:27 PM
link   
I am glad to see that you share some of the same ideas. Thanks for the reply. I just wish this site had more people dedicated to replying to other peoples post I was sitting here for about 2 hours waiting for some one to reply. But I guess you peoples are busy doing other things.

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Yeah I'm fortunant that I have a laptop here at my desk at work, and can sneak onto the site frequently through out the day. Great for relieving stress, semi addicting though. i'm always 'around' m-f, 9-6 pst.

Some people here are flakes others are genuine and will respond in about a days time once they have a chance to sign on and see whats new.

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Although I am a proponent of advanced ancient civlizations in the Americas as well as other parts of the world,
Most archeologists today dismiss the possibility that the Egyptians used coc aine or tobacco (also found on the mummies) being caused by a trade agreement between Egypt and South America. Most of the scientific world blame the findings of coc aine and other SA substances on / in the mumies on two possibilities.
1) the mummies were fake. In other words the pedigree and chain of custody was broken and or the radio carbon dating was incorrect.
2) That the Cocaine and tobacco were caused by contamination from scientists as well as others who back in the day would think nothing of smoking their cigarettes, pipes etc while examining the mummies.
For a good breakdown of this, check out the following link which is a transcript of a show on the "Cocaine Mummies"
The Mystery of the Cocaine Mummies

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 02:57 PM
link   
if you have time look at the google earth and look at these coords.

27deg39'48.60deg north
30deg54'58.38deg east

this is a strange ruin it is just west a little south of the town Tall Bani 'Umran in Egypt.

It has strange shapes and the size is huge compared to other structures in the area. Also the shape in the ruin are strange and do not look egyptian.

If you cannot find it I can futher help you!

[edit on 26-1-2007 by goddogo1]

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 02:59 PM
link   
goddogo1,
how about posting links to what you are talking about
it will help everyone in understanding what you want us to see.
Thanx.

[edit on 26-1-2007 by kenshiro2012]

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 03:03 PM
link   
How about i futher ignore you because it looks as if yur are wanting to argue instead of folling instructions. I am sorry that I am new to this computer world and that I do not know how to post links that are in google earth!

Don't critisize, REALIZE

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Cocaine and nicotine found associated with egyptian mummies doesn't mean that there was trade in coc aine and nicotine between egypt and the americas. There are relatives of both plants naturally occuring in egypt, and its a more parsimonious explanation that these traces were left be domestic consumption of local, but now over used and extinct, varieties.

There is also lots of nicotine found in remains from pre-classical europe too, but how would there have even been trade between people in europe and people in the americas, when all other trade networks were much smaller and not over oceans?

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 03:13 PM
link   
When did it become traces of cocain?

The first and only time I heard it was that their was coca leaves in the stomach of the mummies.

If you are telling truth,

what are fabel plants that you so talk highly of?
I dout that these plants are gone!

Cocaine is just as old and was used in the americas just as much as other living plants of that time. Is it not weird that you said extinct varieties! That way you don't have to show proof! lol

[edit on 26-1-2007 by goddogo1]

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Maybe Atlantis didn't sink into the ocean. It may have just "relocated" in what may have been a recent, and currently unrecognized, surge of continental drift, set off in about 1500 BC. This could have been one of the effects of Velikovsky's hypothesized Earth-Venus encounters and may provide the missing link in the concept that the Americas (Central America in particular) could be the home of Atlantis. The Americas idea is being pursued by some archeo-geologists, but the sheer expanse of the Atlantic seems to make it a "country too far."

Source

Well, if this is indeed the case, I wonder what happen to the evidence for the technology... Was it all mowed under the earth? I mean... Perhaps other cultures came and took it apart and used it for weaponry?

I have heard this theory many times..I have never seen any convincing evidence that it is anything other than a theory. Although there have been ancient artifacts found buried under some of the earth in America... none of it has met the level of sophistication that is thought to have been in Atlantis..

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by goddogo1
How about i futher ignore you because it looks as if yur are wanting to argue instead of folling instructions. I am sorry that I am new to this computer world and that I do not know how to post links that are in google earth!

Don't critisize, REALIZE

WOW, not a good begining there!
First off, If you will please re read my first post you will note that I am actually a proponent of ancient civilizations. In your opening post you cited the coc aine mummies as proof. I have submitted that most scientists today dismiss this as proof of trans-atlantic trade in the ancient times.
If you wanted to provide an argument that Atlantis was in the Americas, you will find many who actually do support this theory. That tact would be much more productive than to use the coc aine mumies as your sole evidence of a SA Atlantean presence.

I asked you to provide a link to your google earth pictures for clarification of everyone, instead of attacking me for not supporting your theory on the validity of the coc aine mummies, you should have asked and I as well as many others would easly have come forward to assist.
Unfortunately, it looks like you are just plaing to put forth ideas looking for everyone to laud them as undeniable proof of SA Atlantis and if someone is not on board with your viewpoint you dismiss out of hand for

wanting to argue instead of folling instructions.
sorry, I see no instructions in your opening statement to follow

Don't critisize, REALIZE
I can't wait until Byrd see this thread ouch!

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 03:23 PM
link   
The story of atlantis is so old that any culture that had the story will and did strech it from reality.

Go to a elementry school and get a class room of kids!

have them line up and tell them to pass the message to the next person and so on.

Tell the first kid how much you like dogs and that ice cream is better whith milk. (the thing you tell the kids can be what ever)

when the story gets passed down to the last kid, have the last kid tell the story!

The kid will more than likly say dogs taste better with ice cream and How much you like milk or along thoes lines.

See the thing is that it is a story that has been streched so thin that their is no fact in it anymore. The more we sit here and talk about it the more streched it gets!

The only way to find the truth is to accept what is here and now not what could be.

How come the oldest pyrmids in egypt are constructed just like the ones in the americas? Step Pyrmids put together with small bricks or bolders??

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 03:30 PM
link   

How come the oldest pyrmids in egypt are constructed just like the ones in the americas? Step Pyrmids put together with small bricks or bolders??

That is actually an easy question to answer. The pyramidal shape happens to be one of the easiest shapes to build on a large scale. If you wish, I can site a number of architectural educational sites to back this up.
Also, pyramids are not only in Egypt and South America, they are found all over the world. They are in Europe, Africa, Asia, North and South America as well as even being in Australia.

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Not exactly... As one can easily see, the one in Egypt has more of a point and it is not a step pyramid..

Now, I think there may have been a cultural overlay, but I can see some very real differences between the two pyramids...

These arguments you are mentioning are not really new. It is something that has been talked and debated about for several decades now.. They are no closer to finding a conclusive answer now than they were 30 years ago..

[edit on 26-1-2007 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 04:57 PM
link   
like I said before sorry for being a newbie on this computer.

Now shouldn't you guys be trying to help me not make fun and critisize me?

Trying to tell me that my actions are misplaced?
what was my first thread on this topic?
Did I not ask what was your view points?
How come you guys are fast to bash my opinions?

The Pyrmids you show are not the oldest in that region!

do the research your self!

I am not trying to come across in a wrong vibe!

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Sure there are differences between the pyramids of Chechen itza and GIza, but both pyramids are equally impressive it's hard to argue that becuase it's a step pyramid so it's not as advanced as the giza ones.

Never been to giza but I've climbed all over the mayan pyramid in that photo and trust me it's been very well thought out and is very complex in construction. It's also a marval.

Not saying though that it has any connection to the egyptian ones just that they hold their own with ANY pyramid. Watch out for bats though if you go there at night.

I'm just glad that they found heaping amounts of THC in the egyptian mummies tissue.

Not sure where they got the narcotic substances from so that they got inside the mummie on a cellular level. People can say that the scientists screwed it up, but how would the scientist get a hold of that much material and then get it into the mummies tissue with the correct decomposition of the molicules in question with a date later than the scientist having handled the mummies.

Others say that the mummies were used in various concoctions in the 1800 and that their tissue was infused with other narcotics to be consumed or utilized by wacko medical men of the victorian era. But then again how did all those narcotics get in there? they found just about every natural narcotic man knew about including which ones they didn't know about in them.

We know that the inca and other natives to the americas used tobacco in large quanities for the nicotien which acts like a natural formeldahide if used enough. It's possible that egyptian explorers looking for something of value to bring back to the pharoh brought back tobacco becuase it could preserve the body so well.

Not sure if this all adds up to atlantis but it seems simpler that there was trade routes set up that the white man never knew about in antiquity. Modern man don't know all of our history, damn we can't even get the history right for our own stollen elections 3 years ago in the americas. Besides there are several coinciding features to the old world and new world cultures.

Depictions of white men with beards, and worshiping more advanced entities that were white with beards stands out, concidering that native americans can't grow facial hair. But they were depicting things they saw from before white man or anybody who could grow a beard arrived there. Howed that happen.

Why do the olmec have a seperate history from the rest of the local cultures in that area. Are ignimatic becuase they predate they cultures around them , taught according to the mayas them their basic knowledge, and are concidered mysterious to even the other locals, and when the depictions of the first olmec leaders were discovered by the white man the first thing people exclaimed was wow that don't look at all like the natives in america infact they look just like the blacks from around west africa. wierd coincidence.

Did I mention there are natural currents off the either the canary or azores I forget which that will take you back and forth between the old world and the new world.

Dieties are similar too. Both depicted flying snakes with wings. So did the babylonians and the sumerians.

The incans named their capital Tijuanacu-pronounced t-anaku. Theres a juan in there if you pronunce everything with a spanish accent which incans of course didn't have.
The sumerians main god was anu. the t infront of words was common in the incan language and was ment to represent something being possesive. Anaku- ment city of anaku. The city of anu? maybe. They say a great god came down from the heavens at that spot and told them to build there and start a great new civilization gave some dude a sceptor or rod that was magical and said you're the new king i'll be checking in from time to time.

There are depictions of a room with three very particular windows in a row found in various places in the old world. The depictions refer to these windows belonging to a sacred building far far away. The only place that archeaologists have found that looks like the spitting image of the depictions are found in one building located at the incan ruins of machu pichu.

Not saying that there is a real connection between all these random statements i've made and the possibilities of pre white man trade with the new world. but maybe.

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Ancient 'Atlantis' is said to have had elephants...

unless the Wooly Mammoths that inhabited north america back in the ice age were the 'elephants' of Atlantis,
there is a significant strike against either north america or central america being the land of Atlantis.

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 06:02 PM
link   

What are your views on the Americas being the Atlantis!

That it's not correct.

In the first place, Plato was the only one to write about Atlantis. If it was a real place, others would have written about it.

In the second place, it doesn't match the description.

Yucatan being the Land of the Dead for the Egyptians!

No, the Du'At was "spiritual Egypt." It was the "Underworld", where the sun traveled from the west to the east.

In Celtic mythology, the west is the land of the dead, but Egyptians weren't Celts.

What was found in the belly of the Egyptian King Tuts mummy?!

Packing material. When they mummified people, they removed all their internal organs and put them in jars. Then they stuffed the mummy with straw and packing material.

Whas their coc aine leaves?

No.

The "coc aine mummies" were mummies that had been brought to Europe by wealthy people, were unwrapped at "mummy unwrapping parties" and had eventually wound back up in a museum. So they were contaminated with all kinds of things, including tobacco and coc aine.

This same team later tested mummies that had not been unwrapped and found no coc aine in them.

The traces were created by the way they were handled in Europe.

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Byrd,

I don't believe Atlantis existed other than possible it bieng minoan and located at thera. but I do believe that there was trade established between the old and new world either directly or through asia long before we give them credit for. What are your thought on this.

I'm asking cause you have a ton of knowledge and it's fun to pick your brain from time to time. And because you can debate on merits without attacking the individuel. Always a good trait.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join