It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Americas

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2007 @ 07:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Marduk
the name "Atlantis Rising" and the term "Good Site" are mutually exclusive

I know you mean well but please add to this thread not just comment on what people say. How about adding some of your own thoughts of this thread not just bashing or complamentory statements that just take up space. Those one liners without some links to what you are talking about are getting old. I am sorry to break it to you this way I am just tired of seeing that a new post has been posted and it is who, "Marduk" ooh god!
And then I read what you got to say and it does not make sence, to what we are talking about. If you have nothing to add to this thread Marduk that is educational and informative please stop posting here. It is like you just post one liners so you can get more points. That is what it seems to me. Soory that I fell that way. Just please add something to this thread that is helpfull on the thread topic!

[edit on 13am2 30 200 by goddogo1]

posted on Feb, 13 2007 @ 07:18 AM
link   
are you asking me to comment on your original post ?

What are your views on the Americas being the Atlantis! Yucatan being the Land of the Dead for the Egyptians! What was found in the belly of the Egyptian King Tuts mummy?! Whas their coc aine leaves? I heard this on some old discovery channel show> Can't remember which show it was on.

I'd be happy to do that if thats what you really really want

but i take umbrage at the fact that you seem to think that Atlantis Rising is a good source
it isn't
and promoting it as such is an act of extreme ignorance
so I can only presume that you don't know what Atlantis Rising is
in which case your last post which wether you like it or not does not contribute to this thread and is in fact a personal attack is against the code of conduct

posted on Feb, 13 2007 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Ok lets keep to the topic at hand please,

[edit on 13-2-2007 by asala]

posted on Feb, 15 2007 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Thank you

Here is an interesting site atlantisinamerica.com...

the site might not provide proof, but it is interesting

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Hey, I noticed that some people are really interested in elephants in this thread. And I was just reading the article and it remided me of you guys, so here it is:

(p.s. the article starts off by quoting the book of mormon because they think the "Jaredites" came to the Americas from the tower of Babel, and these people used elephants to do work..)

www.ufoarea.com...
ELEPHANT REMAINS IN MEXICO Anonymous; American Antiquarian, 25:395-397, 1903.

The Elephant and the Book of Mormon
Compiled and published by Glen W. Chapman Nov. 1996
Published Electronically By Benjamin G. Chapman

From the City of Mexico comes a statement bearing the signature of Dr. Nicholas Leon, archaeologist of the National Museum of Mexico. The signature would justify the belief that proper investigation of the facts related has been made. The one great fact is that an ancient city, which was located near the present town of Paredon, in the state of Coahuila, some 500 miles north of the City of Mexico, was suddenly destroyed in some past age by an overflow of water and mud, and that its remains are still existent on the spot. Many massive walls have been found, but they are covered with a mass of deposited earth, sixty feet in thickness. And mingled in this earth are human skeletons, the tusks of elephants, etc. , are distributed in a way which indicates that the overflow of water and mud was sudden, giving no time for escape...

"Most remarkable of the minor finds that have been made at Paredon is that of the remains of elephants. Never before in the history of Mexico has it been ascertained positively that elephants were ever in the service of the ancient inhabitants. The remains of the elephants that have been found in Paredon show plainly that the inhabitants of the buried cities made elephants work for them.

Elephants were as much in evidence in cities as horses. Upon many of the tusks that have been found were rings of silver... Judging from the remains of the elephants so far unearthed, the animals were about ten feet in height and sixteen to eighteen feet in length, differing very little from those at present in existence.

posted on Feb, 22 2007 @ 01:26 PM
link   
that was some good reading. Can you find anything else on the elephant tusks that had rings on them?

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 07:25 AM
link   
By Will Dunham
Thu Feb 22, 6:42 PM ET

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The Clovis people, known for their distinctive spear points, likely were not the first humans in the Americas, according to research placing their presence as more recent than previously believed.

ADVERTISEMENT

Using advanced radiocarbon dating techniques, researchers writing in the journal Science on Thursday said the Clovis people, hunters of large Ice Age animals like mammoths and mastodons, dated from about 13,100 to 12,900 years ago.

That would make the Clovis culture, known from artifacts discovered at various sites including the town of Clovis, New Mexico, both younger and shorter-lived than previously thought. Previous estimates had dated the culture to about 13,600 years ago.

These people long had been seen as the first humans in the New World, but the new dates suggest their culture thrived at about the same time or after others also in the Americas.

Michael Waters, director of Texas A&M University's Center for the Study of the First Americans, called the research the final nail in the coffin of the so-called "Clovis first" theory of human origins in the New World.

Waters said he thinks the first people probably arrived in the Americas between 15,000 and 25,000 years ago.

"We've got to stop thinking about the peopling of the Americas as a singular event," Waters said in an interview.

"And we have to start now thinking about the peopling of the Americas as a process, with people coming over here, probably arriving at different times, maybe taking different routes and coming from different places in northeast Asia."

Waters and co-author Thomas Stafford, a radiocarbon dating expert, tested samples from various Clovis archeological sites to try to get a more accurate accounting of their age. Technological advances enabled them to more precisely pinpoint dates for some Clovis sites excavated in North America.

The theory has been that the Clovis people first migrated out of northeast Asia across the Bering land bridge from Siberia into Alaska and traveled through a ice-free corridor into North America, populating that continent while their descendants journeyed into South America.

Asked who were the first people in the Americas if not the Clovis, Waters answered, "That's a good question."

"I think that's what we've got to work toward -- a new model for the peopling of the Americas, and I think we need to create a coherent model that's based on genetic data, geological evidence as well as archeological data."

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join