It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do the libraries sleep beneath the paws of the Sphinx?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2004 @ 12:34 AM
link   
i consider it a near-certainty that there are deep chambers beneath the sphynx. when fully explored it may well turn out to be a mere entrance into an unimaginable treasure....though that treasure may be very deep and very far from the sphinx itself.

the few deep penetrations into the egyptian plateau revealed it to be wet with seepage and fairly easy to excavate.... so for people capable of building the great pyramid, what would be so difficult about digging a couple of hundred feet down to hollow out a few rooms beneath it?

i think we all would agree a lot more is known about these egyptian sites than is published....

posted on Jun, 19 2004 @ 02:34 PM
link   
I think Egypt has found the hall of records and it proves the the sphinx and the great pyramids predate the egyption civilization and there for doesn't want the info to get out. It is a shame this has to be. Hopfully someday we (the rest of the world) will be allowed to know the real truth.

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 02:27 PM
link   
well, someone should go there and find out. I keep hearing about these things hidden in a secret passage under the paw or something for the longest. Why can't someone go there already and find out.

posted on Jul, 4 2004 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by jammerman
I've heard through the channels recently that the shaft of the Great Pyramid will be aligning with a specific star (can't find the reference) in the summer of 2004 and that this alignment was predicted by Edgar Cayce of the time when the "Hall of Records" would be found. If his prediction follows the accuracy of his prescriptions, we may indeed find the records next summer.

Only time will tell at this point

Peace,

+Jammer

Well, if you follow the predictions of Edgar Cayce, then don't expect to find out this information anytime soon. If I remember correctly, he also predicted that this information would be witheld from the public for a period of 5 years or something like that.

posted on Jul, 4 2004 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrmonsoon
I think Egypt has found the hall of records and it proves the the sphinx and the great pyramids predate the egyption civilization and there for doesn't want the info to get out. It is a shame this has to be. Hopfully someday we (the rest of the world) will be allowed to know the real truth.

If they have found it (if it is real) I don't think their egos/pride are what we need to worry about. If it were true, this info is vast knowlegde and could bring a great deal of power to the people who had - worry about that. If it has been found and is not being shared......

posted on Jul, 5 2004 @ 12:20 AM
link   
wouldnt people who are adept at OOBE be able to 'explore' these regions? We here at ATS have some good OOBE folks, so why not go to Giza and LOOK under the Sphinx and SEE what can bee seen in such a manner, and report back?
yes, yes I know this would not be bringing any PROOF to 'our' table here, but it cant hurt...not with all the other PREDICTIONS surrounding this huge mystery......

I wish I had the wearwthall to DO this......I would!..... but so far not much luck even leaving my bedroom.

What about folks who claim to have a FRIENDLY relationship with Aliens? why not ask your alien buddys to BEAM yall there for a look see? ( I know this sounds GOOFY but I am serious.....WHY NOT DO THIS?)......

posted on Jul, 5 2004 @ 12:27 AM
link   
To answer the original question,

I have heard of theorys as such, quite interesting to see what may be under the Sphinx. For all we know, it may just simply be a tunnel some kids dug for fun thousands of years ago

I'm sure there are some amazing libraries yet to be found in that part of the world.

Deep

posted on Jul, 5 2004 @ 03:52 AM
link   
Originally posted by TheDemonHunter

As for Hawass, I feel that he is not acting in the best interests of science and history when he makes the statements he does about Egyptian artifacts and sites that we have located. As a man of science, who heads an organization that is supposedly devoted to science and to the ancient history of his nation, he has a responsibility to seek the truth in its entirety. This is a situation where national pride is at stake unfortunately, which makes his already questionable actions even more controversial when you consider the motivations that may be behind his judgment.

Once again, whether or not he is acting improperly is irrelevant, as his actions and words have served to foster the perception that all is not what it seems. He certainly doesn't help his cause when he makes statements declaring DNA testing to be unreliable and safe testing with passive seismographs to be too damaging.

Perception is why we debate everything on ATS, after all. We don't need to be the experts to make observations. And when those observations don't jive with the establishment's story, then there certainly is the perception that something is wrong with the established viewpoint.

Just for the record, I feel that Hawass is not alone in the behavior I have characterized him with. Too many historians and scientists would prefer to stick to the status quo, whether it fits all the facts or not, than actually look for the truth.

Whether or not they are all being coerced into giving stories that don't seem to make sense when you look at the big picture, I cannot say. I'd just like to know how people who are the so-called experts in their field can't see the possibilities that someone looking in from the outside can. When a new observation is made that conflicts with the established theory, that observation is generally denounced as foolishness, without so much as an honestly open-minded view of the findings, in context with other "established" findings.

This really worries me. I've heard several stories about Middle Eastern Archaeological problems. The first time was when I read an account by a man named "Ron Wyatt," who claimed Mt. Sinai was actually Mt. Jebel Al Lawz in Saudi Arabia and not what is today considered Mt. Sinai (which was declared to be Mt. Sinai by Constantine's mother and not by jewish tradition!). He had the Saudis very interested in the discovery until the implications hit home. To read his story see here:

www.wyattmuseum.com...

The next story I heard related to the white limestone casings of the stones of the Great Pyramid of Cheops (Khufu) at the Giza, Plateau. They held symbol inscriptions that were not of any recorded egyptian origin. Apparently, an earthquake hit Cairo and levelled several important structures but the pyramids remained standing other than a fractured white limestone casing. This gave them a brilliant idea (doh). The white limestone casings were stripped and used to rebuild the mosques and other important structures of Cairo, so we will never know what language was transcribed in those stones or what it said.

The next story is concerning Caliph Omar, who supposedly ordered the scrolls of the Library at Alexandria to be burned to heat the public baths, saying ""they will either contradict the Koran, in which case they are heresy, or they will agree with it, so they are superfluous."

The next is in regards to the Temple Mount in Jerusalem. This one will just flip you out: www.jcpa.org...

And of course, let's not forget the destruction of 2000 year old Buddhas in Afghanistan by the fundamentalist islamic group named the Taliban. What the freak are these people thinking? I'm a fundamentalist christian but even I can see the difference between common sense and fanaticism of that caliber. www.rawa.fancymarketing.net...

Anyway, my faith is not so small that learning of life on other planets or advanced civlizations on earth before homosapians would shake that faith. I have no problem at all with such a concept. It worries me that some civilizations would find a problem with the revelation of such things. Why? It doesn't change God one iota. It doesn't change God's power one iota. In fact, it serves to remind us of the greatness of His creations and therefore the greatness of Him (I say "Him" but in reality, I don't think "He" has a "gender").

[edit on 5-7-2004 by Undomiel]

posted on Jul, 5 2004 @ 01:20 PM
link   
I have just come back from a holiday in Egypt. I went to see the Sphinx and the pyramids and they were out of this world.

You can see it on the internet, see it on the news, in magazine but to see them infront of you is unreal. There is no way these things were built with human hands. Before I went I was already convinced manpower didn't build them, now it has confirmed it to me. Standing on the cliff looking at all 3 pyramids and the sphinx together I just thought ' Humans didn't build these for any known purpose'. Went to the egyptian museum also and saw Carmuns treasure (or should I say a fraction of it). Saw some amazing things and that was stuff they allow us to see.

I honestly urge anyone with an interest in these things to take a holiday in Egypt. It has the 2nd best scuba diving sea in the world and of course vally of the kings (didn't go there) and Giza. Lots to do, need more then 2 weeks!!

If you approched the sphinx with a spade in your hand you would not get into the area. If you did slip by and started digging the armed guards would stop you. Guards everywere, there is no way you could just walk up and dig.

The digging/secret hunting will only take place with the watchful eye of the egyptian gonvement.

[edit on 5-7-2004 by 7th_Chakra]

posted on Jul, 7 2004 @ 03:21 PM
link   
I too have visited the Sphinx and the pyramids, and they are something out of this world. I think that they were made by human hands, however, where they got the knowledge for such a thing like the sphinx is beyond me. If there every was any proof that aliens might have had some form of interaction with humans, the sphinx could be it.

However on the subject of the secret library, if there was to be one, I htink that could well be located under the sphinx's paw, however, if it is under there, I dont see how access could be gained, since there was no visiable door as I remember.

posted on Jul, 11 2004 @ 04:09 AM
link   
not to seem dumb, but why under the paw, why not the butt, or stomach?? Also, Egypt should realize that if there is a room to be found, whether library or not, people will still want to go in there, hence mo' cash.

posted on Jul, 11 2004 @ 04:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheOpposite
I remember reading in a book somewhere that there are libraries which lie underground beneath the sphinx's paws and hold all this esoteric information, but its forbidden to go in, or maybe it was burnt down...i don't quite remember, but if anyone knows more about it please lemme know

Why don't they try hitting it with ground penetrating radar? Could give a look down....

posted on Jul, 11 2004 @ 05:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by FredT
Why don't they try hitting it with ground penetrating radar? Could give a look down....

Okay.... one more time now..... Egypt won't allow it....

posted on Jul, 11 2004 @ 05:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheDemonHunter
Okay.... one more time now..... Egypt won't allow it....

If the government really wanted to, you could do it from space. Not likely to happen but a possiblity. Not alot Egypt could do about it.

posted on Jul, 11 2004 @ 08:43 AM
link   
Very right, until the country is willing to open up to the researchers of this world, many things will only remain the myths they are. It seems the curious people of this world will again have to wait for what they seek. Why is the price for knowledge always so high?

posted on Jul, 12 2004 @ 04:59 PM
link   
maybe if the egyptian government wasn't always on the defensive and worried that any evidence proving anything other than egyptian origins for the giza plateau, would lead to their cataclysmic downfall. Then further investigations seeking to extend the present knowledge base concernng any previous civilisations responsible for giza could only lead to the benefit of all humankind. anyway they would make an absolute packet if any such evidence were to be found.....but not untill they basically take a chill pill.

posted on Jul, 13 2004 @ 12:17 AM
link   
even if we did do an investigation, its not like the exterior would necessarily be destroyed...people did make it so you could go in there, so what if it has some wear and tear, its not like just because theres some few thousand years of it being around an escivation will demolish the structure....then again, it IS Egypt we are talking about...

posted on Jul, 13 2004 @ 02:06 AM
link   
certain authors beleive the sphinx to pre date the pyramids due to what is beleived to be erosion around the base of the sphinx caused by water, or rain fall over a significant period of time (ie. the meltedown of the last ice age) so if they can withstand that sort of erosion it is highly unlikely that futher investigation in to hidden rooms and passage ways beneath the sphinx will cause any untowards damage. whereas if evidence is found leading to solid proof that builders of the pyramids, sphinx or the whole of giza where anything other than ancient egyptians, could the present egyptian government accept it????? thats the big question. mmmmm !!!!

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 12:32 AM
link   
like i said, they ARE egyptians....they think they are doing the right thing. Plus look at their economy....if that thing goes down...so does the country....i dont think they are too willing to risk it....its not like they have massive loads of natural resources either....

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 04:18 AM
link   
I agree fully. Let us not forget that Egypt belongs to the Egyptians.

They have suffered a long history of people from overseas digging up their country and PLUNDERING anything of value that is found.

The Egyptian Government, and Zahi Hawass, the custodian of the Great Pyramid and the plateau, are understandably reluctant to let foreigners completely take the place over. Egypt is not a rich country, so excavations take time. But it is still their's to do with what they want.

The hall of records has been described by Edgar Cayce, as mentioned previously as holding the records that survived from the destruction of Atlantis. These records are supposed to contain the true history of mankind going back much further than any existing recorded history. The actual chamber has also been pin pointed by ground penetrating radar, exactly where Edgar Cayce said it would be, under the left paw of the Sphinx.

Zahi Hawass is still excavating the passages and chambers beneath the Sphinx, and there are still passages either fully choked with sand or submerged below the water table, which rises and falls with the Nile.

No doubt when the chamber is finally opened, every two cent archaeologist in the world will want to get in there. The Egyptian Government will say no. Then there will be a great conspiracy theory about some terrible truth being hidden from us. Quite laughable really.

It will probably be the greatest discovery since the dead sea scrolls, and they are still working on those, and will be for a very long time.

So lets all be patient and let the Egyptians research what, after all, belongs to the Egyptians. They will tell us what is there.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join