It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do the libraries sleep beneath the paws of the Sphinx?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2004 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by cyberpilot
Hwever the indigo children or the 5th race are suposed
to be PHYSICALLY different with more phosphorus in their bodies-at least as I understand,according to Cayce

I'm pointing out that the method he received the revelation, as it were, are going to be mixed with truth and untruth. Just as he was partial right and partially wrong about the findings at Bimini (lost temple of Atlantis), the same might be true about the 2004 event. He's got his finger on something but he can't see the entire picture clearly. The being that gave him these details also cannot see clearly because it is in dense darkness as well. But is seems as though something is really "a-foot" comming up, how it exactly transpires we will see soon enough.

posted on Jan, 11 2004 @ 01:06 AM
link   
the sphinx has already been through tests with radar sonar i dont no. they determened that it is soild even though it would be cool

posted on Jan, 11 2004 @ 01:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by tomanyquestions
the sphinx has already been through tests with radar sonar i dont no. they determened that it is soild even though it would be cool

The sphinx itself maybe more or less solid, yes, but the ground under it isn't. There is also a door behind the statue that Thutmoses IV placed between its forelegs (c.1400-1390 BCE), as well as a doorway at its' side, which is visible in some actual photos.

posted on Jan, 12 2004 @ 05:14 PM
link   
who;s edgar Cayce, and what kind other stuff did he preidict. If so did it come true

posted on Jan, 13 2004 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by bushfriend
who;s edgar Cayce, and what kind other stuff did he preidict. If so did it come true

Ask and ye shall receive, bushfriend....

1. Edgar Cayce
2. Who Was Edgar Cayce?
3. From The Edgar Cayce Readings

I take no responsibility for the accuracy of the claims of these sites or of Mr. Cayce's predictions. I'm just the messenger here on this one, as I admittedly haven't taken the time to do too much research into his prophecies and predictions. I'm only familiar with some of his more famous predictions, such as the "Bimini Road" discovery in the 1960s.

posted on Jan, 14 2004 @ 12:26 PM
link   
I'm not a great fan of Cayce. Although a remarkable man, the fact that he had a photographic memory meant that he was able to piece together many author's work and claim them as his own. You have to remember that this is also the guy who claimed that he actually was the High Priest who built the pyramids in a former life and his credibility seems to be questionable. There is no doubt whatsoever though that much of the archealogical work that has been carried out has been done by the foundation set up in his name or by groups who are associated with it in some way.

Cayce's credibility doesn't mean that there isn't a chamber underneath the Sphinx though. Far more powerful to my eyes are the ancient Egyptian inscriptions that point to this being so. In fact, Cayce seems to have got his theories from works about these inscriptions.

A good read on this subject is "Secret Chamber" by Robert Bauval. Although part of the book has been overtaken by history, it does contain some good theory and also documents a lot of the work that has gone on at Giza. You can't help but wonder at some of the esoteric groups who have gained licenses to drill at the site.

Incidentally, Hawas himself stated recently that he believes that less than 30% of the ancient Egyptian artefacts and architecture has been uncovered.
I also wouldn't be too damning of him. You have to remember that his education at Philidelphia University came about because of some alledged string pulling by Edgar Case Foundation members. There is probably a lot more going on than meets the eye as has been proven time and time again.

Finally, the one thing that intrigues me is the fate of the expedition that sent the robot down the tunnel at the end of the Queen's chamber. It drilled thorugh a door to be met with.......another door. This occured in September last year, and since that time we have heard nothing more. Now I don't know about you, but to me, two doors would definitely seem to suggest that their was something at the end of that tunnel. What has happened to further work on the second door?
Possibly there are secret excavations going on as we speak.

posted on Jan, 14 2004 @ 01:11 PM
link   
First of all Demonhunter, I could not agree more with your outrage about egyptologist and their little pet theories that they protect by any means neccesary. Those two geologist (actually, I think only one was a PG) brought forth some good evidence based on study of the material and its physical characteristics. Was this study refuted on basis of science? Hell no! They became the target of massive character assasinations. I know what they found is true but it seems that when a scientist formulates his little theory, you have to wait until the SOB dies to tell him he was wrong. This practice is scientifically unhealthy and must be stopped! Someone is protecting something overthere.

Someone ask why we could not further investigate and the answer to that is that for every good idea we get, there will always be a group of #heads trying to stop it. I don't know where the hell we get them, I just know they're always on the job.

I hope Cayce's prediction does come true and we find the librabry. I also hope we prove the actual age of the Sphinx and these holier than thou dumbasses have to pull their tails between their legs and walk off talking to themselves. When you fight to keep knowledge or truth hidden, you've taken on a full time job..cause we're out to get em'. We are out to get em!

posted on Jan, 14 2004 @ 01:39 PM
link   
I had heard Cayce claimed to be the reincarnation of an Atlantean High Priest who had overseen the construction of the pyramids at Giza. I also recall something of his photographic memory, which doesn't surprise me, as it would certainly lend a hand in amalgamating different sources to create new prophecies, if that is indeed what he did.

I'm not familiar with "The Secret Chamber." Does this book pre-date his work with Hancock on "Message of the Sphinx" (the US title -- I can't remember the UK title)?

As for Hawass, I feel that he is not acting in the best interests of science and history when he makes the statements he does about Egyptian artifacts and sites that we have located. As a man of science, who heads an organization that is supposedly devoted to science and to the ancient history of his nation, he has a responsibility to seek the truth in its entirety. This is a situation where national pride is at stake unfortunately, which makes his already questionable actions even more controversial when you consider the motivations that may be behind his judgment.

Once again, whether or not he is acting improperly is irrelevant, as his actions and words have served to foster the perception that all is not what it seems. He certainly doesn't help his cause when he makes statements declaring DNA testing to be unreliable and safe testing with passive seismographs to be too damaging.

Perception is why we debate everything on ATS, after all. We don't need to be the experts to make observations. And when those observations don't jive with the establishment's story, then there certainly is the perception that something is wrong with the established viewpoint.

Just for the record, I feel that Hawass is not alone in the behavior I have characterized him with. Too many historians and scientists would prefer to stick to the status quo, whether it fits all the facts or not, than actually look for the truth.

Whether or not they are all being coerced into giving stories that don't seem to make sense when you look at the big picture, I cannot say. I'd just like to know how people who are the so-called experts in their field can't see the possibilities that someone looking in from the outside can. When a new observation is made that conflicts with the established theory, that observation is generally denounced as foolishness, without so much as an honestly open-minded view of the findings, in context with other "established" findings.

[Edited on 1/14/2004 by TheDemonHunter]

posted on Jan, 14 2004 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheDemonHunter

Originally posted by tomanyquestions

The sphinx itself maybe more or less solid, yes, but the ground under it isn't. There is also a door behind the statue that Thutmoses IV placed between its forelegs (c.1400-1390 BCE), as well as a doorway at its' side, which is visible in some actual photos.

anyone have links to these photos?

posted on Jan, 15 2004 @ 05:49 AM
link   
There is always the possibility that excavations and theories are being blocked by the powers behind the major religions.
The library is meant to contain messages from the Gods and ways of communicating with them. If this is the case, Islam, Christianity and Judaism would be blown out of the water. Is mankind ready for that scenario yet?
Imagine the social and political upheaval that would take place if the religions were proven to be a fraud or merely children of a much older faith.
Technologically, I believe that we are more than capable of unearthing whatever is below the Sphinx. Psychologically, it could cause major problems and if you look at the state of the world today you can see that man is nowhere near a situation of letting go of his beliefs and accepting a possible truth.

posted on Feb, 9 2004 @ 09:04 AM
link   
The Egyptian Govt' are super strict in regard to arche'.
They r very protective, about the Sphinx. Basically, no
research permitted. They even have armed guards
there,24/7. Maybe, there is an archive under it.
I wouldn't be surprised, given their
ancient knowledge

posted on Mar, 21 2004 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dramon
It would be the discovery of a lifetime, but that guy (can't remember his name) that is in charge of all excavations in and around the pyramids has dismissed such theories about anything under the paws and has stated that the Egyptians will not allow anyone to dig there.

His name is Dr. Zahi Hawass

posted on Mar, 21 2004 @ 10:18 AM
link   
We are all like zombies, and way beyond ignorant of the truth!! We know nothing!!

posted on Mar, 21 2004 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Well home come people wont just go and explore it? I mean if there are libraries uder the sphinx and scrolls about Atlantis, imagine the information we would get about ancient civilization(s)!

[Edited on 21-3-2004 by AD5673]

posted on Mar, 24 2004 @ 01:00 AM
link   
I'm sure there must be some sort of library. I mean if a civilization is willing to devote a large portion of their resources in building the Great Pyramids and countless beautiful cities, then I'm positive they would create a library or some sort of place to store their records. The Sphinx would be a good choice.

posted on Mar, 24 2004 @ 01:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by riffraffalunas

Originally posted by lostinspace
Mummies of Egypt had traces of Tabacco leaves which are only found in South America.

~*~
was it tobacco or cocoa or cacao? about 1 yr ago, came across a paragraph...(fuzzy memory)

Scientific tests performed on mummy samples have shown the presence of nicotine, hashish, and coc aine--including the mummy of Ramses II. Hemp grew throughout Egypt and the Near East, but coca and tobacco are both from the Americas and are said to have been introduced in the 1400's which is over 2000 years later than some of the mummy samples. The tobacco could have come from residue from nearby smokers or tobacco leaves used for keeping away insects, but it's not known how the coc aine could have been present unless the mummified people had access to it themselves.

--Information from "The Mummy In Ancient Egypt : Equipping The Dead For Eternity" by Salima Ikram & Aiden Dodson

posted on Mar, 31 2004 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Using sound tests, scientists have tried to prove whether or not Edgar Cayce was right about the underground libraries. Unfortunately for him, the sound tests proved that there were tiny cavities, possibly containing jewels, but no where near large enough to hold libraries.

posted on Jun, 19 2004 @ 12:13 AM
link   
So do we have a date yet for this supposed alignment? It's pretty close to the middle of 2004 now....
Any more news on this? This is the lone topic that has piqued my interest as of late.

posted on Jun, 19 2004 @ 12:24 AM
link   
Don't ask me how long ago this was but I do remember a SPECIAL on network TV about going under the Sphinx.. they got into a main chamber and at some point found some other chamber, they got really excited and started breaking through into this other area... then the show was cut off. That was it... anyone recall this?

posted on Jun, 19 2004 @ 12:25 AM
link   
Who's to say that the Egyptians are protecting something as petty as traditional egyptology? There is no end to fantastic and blind speculation on the matter, but it seems likely that it is in fact something important.
If I were going to take a wild guess, I'd say that it's probably a matter of regional sensitivity. Although the theory i'm going to offer is unlikely, it would fit with the esoteric beliefs of some groups:
Suppose they drilled in there and realized that the paws of the sphynx are the pillars errected by Enoch, and that below are vaults containing religious secrets and the name of God, as well as the mysterious tools used in the construction. This does a lot of unacceptable stuff for a mid-eastern historian. It makes Hebrews older and more advanced that most of the surrounding cultures. It makes them the ancient rules of Egypt. It gives there religion a certain level of validation. In short, such a discovery would be CRUSHING to any rationale of anti-semitism, which is a major political force in the middle east.

Then there's a very realistic answer: The egyptians don't know what they're looking at yet, but Hawass is a student of Cayce, who believes he is studying ancient high tech secrets... and so there is secrecy around it, so the Egypt alone can benefit from the anticipated discovery... which may never actually come.

I can think of a way that coc aine might have gotten into the mummies... especially if by chance this was discovered in the 70s. (i'm obviously more kidding than serious.)

Jhova: speak for yourself if you must, but I'd prefer you spare us the one-liners all together, unless of course you put some wit into it next time.

[edit on 19-6-2004 by The Vagabond]

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join