It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cheney Gets Angry With Wolf Blitzer Over Questions About His Daughter's Pregnancy

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 12:33 PM
link   
In an interview with CNN correspondent Wolf Blitzer on Wednesday evening, the Vice President got visibly angry and took issue with Wolf Blitzer's line of questioning. Blitzer asked pointed questions about Cheney's daughter Mary, who is a lesbian and pregnant.

www.newsmax.com
Vice President Dick Cheney blew his stack Wednesday evening when CNN's Wolf Blitzer questioned him about his daughter Mary's pregnancy.

Blitzer began his line of interrogation this way: "You know, we’re out of time, but a couple of issues I want to raise with you: your daughter, Mary. She's pregnant. All of us are happy she’s going to have a baby

Blitzer continued: "Some of the — some critics are suggesting — for example, a statement from someone representing Focus on the Family, 'Mary Cheney's pregnancy raises the question of what's best for children. Just because it's possible to conceive a child outside of the relationship of a married mother and father doesn't mean that it's best for the child.' Do you want to respond to that?"

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Regardless of what you think about Cheney, I think the questions were out of line. Cheney's daughter is an adult, and he has no responsibility to answer for her. Blitzer was obviously taking advantage of an opportunity to harass him.

[edit on 25-1-2007 by UM_Gazz]

[edit on 25-1-2007 by UM_Gazz]

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 01:39 PM
link   
But it also shows the hypocricy of Cheney and others in the administration.

Those in Glass houses should not throw stones.

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 01:55 PM
link   
I don't see how the question was offensive. Blitzer wasn't even suggesting that there WAS something wrong with her having a kid. Its Cheney's own supporters that are saying there is something wrong with it. Cheney is the one being a jerk here.

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 01:56 PM
link   
I don't think the line of questioning was overly necessary. Cheney, as a public official, is always under the microscope on any issue. But making controversial issues personal in a blatant "back door" maneuver, I don't see how it was necessary.

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 02:02 PM
link   
I believe he was just making a quick rib poke at the current administrations' fan-base and constituents, rather than to Cheney him-self and his daughter.

It's was more of a "You voted for christian values, and this is what you get for being too stubborn, ignorant, arrogant, black/white minded, and pig-headed. You voted for someone that isn't even on your side to begin with. Shame on you Red America!"

I think that's what he was going for...but maybe not.

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 02:18 PM
link   
I see no hypocrisy in this whatsoever.

I think many of you are missing the key point here. If Cheney considered this an area he didn't want to be questioned about - and it really has nothing to do with how the country is being run - it's within his right to say he doesn't want to go there. Where Wolf Howitzer crossed the line IMO is when he did not respect Cheney's (nicely communicated) request and wouldn't let it go.

[edit on 1/25/2007 by centurion1211]

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 03:02 PM
link   
On one hand it's none of anyone's business, on the other when you govern on a premise against the gay lifestyle................

See what I mean?

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Centurion1211

I think many of you are missing the key point here. If Cheney considered this an area he didn't want to be questioned about - and it really has nothing to do with how the country is being run - it's within his right to say he doesn't want to go there. Where Wolf Howitzer crossed the line IMO is when he did not respect Cheney's (nicely communicated) request and wouldn't let it go.

I think you are missing the obvious point of Dick's party making laws against gay people. And if Dick doesn't want people to talk about Mary, why were they the ones to bring it out in public to begin with? And I think the poster was right when they said it was a "hee haw...look at your voter base. They are even attacking YOU now".

[edit on 1/25/2007 by Griff]

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by WolfofWar
But it also shows the hypocricy of Cheney and others in the administration.

How is it hypocritical? How is Cheney throwing stones? I don't believe that he is gay, is he?

Originally posted by Nygdan
I don't see how the question was offensive. Blitzer wasn't even suggesting that there WAS something wrong with her having a kid. Its Cheney's own supporters that are saying there is something wrong with it. Cheney is the one being a jerk here.

I haven't seen anyone, including Cheney, say that there is anything wrong with Mary Cheney being pregnant. Where did this occur?

Originally posted by Arcane Demesne
It's was more of a "You voted for christian values, and this is what you get for being too stubborn, ignorant, arrogant, black/white minded, and pig-headed. You voted for someone that isn't even on your side to begin with. Shame on you Red America!"

I can make no sense of this statement. Are you saying that Dick Cheney does not espouse Christian values because his daughter is lesbian? Or are you saying that Dick Cheney somehow forced Mary Cheney to be a lesbian?

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 04:13 PM
link   
I thnk he's just bringing up the questions most people are asking about same sex couples.
Should same sex couples have childeren?
I dont believe they should.

If your a religous person, and you base decisions on your 'god' then how is it you can ignore that posture and accept GAY lifestyle, AND Gay PARENTS?

Cheney is involved in this Valerie Plame case, thats ALOT more threatening to a persons life than this friggen comment.
Cheney deserves everything he gets.
Unfortunate that his family has been brought into the mix,
But when you cause so much pain and suffering for the people around you, you shouldnt be surprised when they start taking punches back.

IMO, he should stop crying like a baby.

And he should take him on a hunting trip!

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop
I thnk he's just bringing up the questions most people are asking about same sex couples.
Should same sex couples have childeren?
I dont believe they should.

If your a religous person, and you base decisions on your 'god' then how is it you can ignore that posture and accept GAY lifestyle, AND Gay PARENTS?

I'm not familiar with a lot of religions, but I have heard Christians say "Hate the sin, not the sinner" many times.

And when it comes to your kids, things take on a personal, more intense meaning.

Cheney is involved in this Valerie Plame case, thats ALOT more threatening to a persons life than this friggen comment.

I'm not sure how that justifies Blitzer's comments. And I know we probably disagree on this, but I don't see how the Plame case figures in. She was not covert; she was a desk jockey at the time.

And he should take him on a hunting trip!

Very funny!

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 05:28 PM
link   

quote: Originally posted by jsobecky
I can make no sense of this statement. Are you saying that Dick Cheney does not espouse Christian values because his daughter is lesbian? Or are you saying that Dick Cheney somehow forced Mary Cheney to be a lesbian?

Well...

a) I've never heard Cheney claim to be a Christian, which is why I said Administration.

b) If he were a Christian, and wanted to appease his voters, wouldn't he HAVE to say something about his daughter in a negative light?

After all, he's against gay marriages, gay unions, and gay adoption (I think he is, I know for sure Bush stated he himself was)... And if Gays can't get married, then she's having a child out of wedlock, another no-no from the Neo-Con Right.

I guess what that comes down to is, how can Cheney tolerate one gay over another gay? Isn't that playing favorites, and isn't that unfair to the gay community...or ANY community?!

According to Bush's past views, she's not allowed to Adopt the baby, so what is she to do? And will the guy that did it have to pay child support, another huge factor for the Right-Wing constituants?

That's why poeple make a fuss over this. Because it's just another example of this Administration not 'Practicing what they Preach'.

and c) Cheney forcing Mary to be a Lesbian? What is he, a Witch Doctor?

[edit on 1/25/2007 by Arcane Demesne]

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 06:00 PM
link   
He's a public figure so all is fair in love and war. This would be a total non-issue if the administration wasn't so anti-gay. We go after Presidents whose daughters drink underage, who do drugs, who have all type of skeletons in the closet, but a reporter can't ask about his gay daughters pregnancy? If she wasn't gay it would have been within the scope. Everyone should stop with the political correctness crap and just ask the question....Your daughter is gay, how did she get pregnant and who is the father and why are you against gay marriage?

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Arcane Demesne
Well...

a) I've never heard Cheney claim to be a Christian, which is why I said Administration.

b) If he were a Christian, and wanted to appease his voters, wouldn't he HAVE to say something about his daughter in a negative light?

Cheney is the Administration, so I'm still confused. Doesn't matter, tho... forget it.

As far as having to say something about her, people are generally more sensitive about making comments about someone's family. And more forgiving and understanding, because they know that they could easily be in the man's shoes themselves. So no, he wouldn't have to say anything negative about his daughter, and to expect him to is somewhat salacious.

That's why poeple make a fuss over this. Because it's just another example of this Administration not 'Practicing what they Preach'.

Once again, it is not right to hold Mr. Cheney responsible for the choices that his adult daughter makes.

and c) Cheney forcing Mary to be a Lesbian? What is he, a Witch Doctor?

I'm glad you found that humorous. My intent was to respond to those saying "glass houses" "hypocritical", etc. As if he had some kind of influence over Mary being a lesbian.

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Maybe its catholics.. im not sure.
Religion isnt something I really spend time on. I just thought religion was AGAINST homosexuality in all cases.

But in saying so, I know there's debate here in Aus about same sex marriages, and DEFINATELY about same sex marriages ADOPTING/HAVING childeren.

What sort of upbringing is it...

The Father/Mother mentality becomes Mother/Mother and totally messes with a childs mind.

As for Plame, I think its Karma.
Chenney released information which dramatically changed someones life for the worse.

For that he deserves a fair bit of personal hits.

This, as with the whole RICE - Childeren comment just make me shake my head.

These people had the gawl to send men and women to their deaths, over lies.
Yet they cry and complain when someone says a mean word against there persona?

Imagine these people being around in ww2/cold war days.

We'd be a hell of a lot worse off.

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 06:16 PM
link   

quote: Originally posted by Arcane Demesne

Cheney is the Administration, so I'm still confused. Doesn't matter, tho... forget it.

touche

As far as having to say something about her, people are generally more sensitive about making comments about someone's family. And more forgiving and understanding, because they know that they could easily be in the man's shoes themselves. So no, he wouldn't have to say anything negative about his daughter, and to expect him to is somewhat salacious.

I'm not more sensitive to my family, so I don't expect to be more sensitive to anyone else. If they do something stupid, or worthy of a scolding, they get (albeit, with respect). But that's just me.

Once again, it is not right to hold Mr. Cheney responsible for the choices that his adult daughter makes.

Yet he's responsible for EVERYONE ELSE'S !!!???

Make some sense out of that for me, please.

I'm glad you found that humorous. My intent was to respond to those saying "glass houses" "hypocritical", etc. As if he had some kind of influence over Mary being a lesbian.

I don't think anyone said that he had any influence on her sexual preference, maybe I missed it...

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 06:22 PM
link   
The fact that his daughter is a lesbian and is having a child goes totally against the rhetoric of this administration and its neo-con, right-wing, fundamentalist Christian power base. That is the issue here.

This administration gained much of its initial impetus from public outrage over Clinton's actions in the Oral Office. (God knows what Pres. Bush and Mr. Gannon were up to, if anything.) The fact is, if Mr. Cheney is to support this administration's stated policies, he has to come out against his daughters lifestyle and pregnancy. Anything less is hypocritical.

The fact that he hasn't shows me the rhetoric against gay marriage and lifestyle from this administration is just that, rhetoric aimed at appeasing their power base while they go about looting public coffers and sending our young soldiers off to die to increase profits for them and their cronies.

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Exactly, that's the only reason they ran for public office in the first place--they wanted to loot the public coffers and enrich themselves. The utter gall of them, they could have just stayed quietly in the background and enriched themselves from private coffers.

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Blitzer was going to press him on the Reptilian breeding programs and the skull and bones treaty with bildeburger when 'Your first-born is mine' hissed directly into the lower quarter of the western hemisphere of Blitzer's brain and his calcified pineal released its predictable load of reptilian desirable hormone.

Briefly the camera captured Cheney's eye's swish in cat-like crescents of night vision iridescence and he smirked like a Cheshire just back from hunting, before the conversation returned to the prurient curiosity of how a conservative neo-con's lesbian daughter became so decidedly and duly heterosexually laid.

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky

How is it hypocritical? How is Cheney throwing stones? I don't believe that he is gay, is he?
quote]

I'm not to sure about his stone throwing ability but his aim with a 12 ga. has something to be desired.
The gay question might be better answered by Jeff Gannon/Gorch.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join