It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cheney Gets Angry With Wolf Blitzer Over Questions About His Daughter's Pregnancy

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Right, the least Cheney could have done after attacking Mr. Blitzer to satisfy his neo-con, right-wing, fundamentalist Christian power base was propose to him to try to broaden his base of support to, ah, ah, ah, others.

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Mr. Bush had his run at private sector looting. He bankrupted or devalued every private business he ever ran. Once that played out, he turned his attention to the public sector. Daddy's knowlege of others' dirty secrets got him elected, and the rest is about to be history.

Mr. Cheney promised the board at Halliburton his severance package would pay off handsomely for them, and it has. When cornered on the issues, he cries "Foul! Unfair question!" The man has no conscience, he sold it along with his soul to the devil.

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Thanks to Icarus for making this clear. It's all about the hypocricy.

Mary is what, 38 years old? If he's half the parent that most should be, he knew about her sexual orientaion LOOOONNNNNGGGGGGG ago. So, he's in a gov't that attempts to limit rights to gays(gay marraige), PUBLIC but when it comes to his corner of the world, where the cheese binds, NOW it's off limits? Not only does his daughter have a gay relationship, now they are going to have a FAMILY. That's pretty damn hypocritical.

Does he want a full happy life for his daughter? What parent wouldn't? Denying others of the same? :shk:

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Icarus has pointed out the hypocricy quite adeptly. He had to have known long ago about his daughter orientation, yet still went right along with the antigay campaign. Why have we as a nation, and the rest of th world come to accept that our leaders have no principle.

This is something sorely missed in our modern world and we need to get it back. That starts by demanding it from those that lead, we need to make them acountable for what they do and say for they are supposed to LEAD us.

[edit on 25-1-2007 by LoneGunMan]

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 10:03 PM
link   
There are so many other important questions to ask. But earlier in the day Wolf actually stuck up for Dick when paul baugala went off about Dick. I would like to know about his stock options with halliburton and the defered payments he is receiving. Why did he ok the outing of Valerie Plame and shouldn't he be prosecuted. After all it is a capital offence. How can he keep a straight face when he's lying through his teeth? How much torture could he take before his heart gave out. Isn't the theory of the unitary executive diametrically opposed to democratic principles? Actually Wolf is way too nice to most people he interviews, the press just won't ask the real hard questions.

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky
I haven't seen anyone, including Cheney, say that there is anything wrong with Mary Cheney being pregnant. Where did this occur?

Try looking into Focus on the Family and groups like that.

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 08:42 AM
link   
This so stupid and hilarious at the same time.

What is wrong with asking a grandfather if he is happy to have his daughter pregnant with another grandchild.

What!!!!!! because she is lesbian and husbandless it doesn't mean that he can not be proud of becoming a granddad again?

He got mad because he is a hypocrite and he care more about his image and political standing.

Shame on you Cheney, she is your daughter and the child she is carrying is your grandchild wanted or not.

Wanted pregnacies are happy events.

[edit on 26-1-2007 by marg6043]

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Let's put this into perspective. If Cheney's party was against white people marrying black people. And Cheney is the VP of that party. Then Mary Cheney tells the world she is deeply in love with a black man and they are getting married. Would it be acceptible to ask Mr. Cheney what he thinks of his daughter marrying a black person? Same thing applies. The Republicans are against gay people raising children (whether from birth or adoption), so why is it so bad to ask Cheney about his pregnant lesbian daughter?

posted on Jan, 27 2007 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Griff

I haven't seen anyone, including Cheney, say that there is anything wrong with Mary Cheney being pregnant. Where did this occur?

Try looking into Focus on the Family and groups like that.

I'm sure that I could find someone somewhere who said that at one time or another. I was referring to this thread and the article it referenced.

posted on Jan, 27 2007 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
Thanks to Icarus for making this clear. It's all about the hypocricy.

Mary is what, 38 years old? If he's half the parent that most should be, he knew about her sexual orientaion LOOOONNNNNGGGGGGG ago. So, he's in a gov't that attempts to limit rights to gays(gay marraige), PUBLIC but when it comes to his corner of the world, where the cheese binds, NOW it's off limits? Not only does his daughter have a gay relationship, now they are going to have a FAMILY. That's pretty damn hypocritical.

Does he want a full happy life for his daughter? What parent wouldn't? Denying others of the same? :shk:

Of course Cheney was awar of his daughter's lifestyle. Both Kerry and Edwards reminded him, and all of America, of it, during the 2004 campaign.

If people cannot understand that our children do not automatically inherit and espouse their parent's morals and values, and in some cases reject them outright, then there is nothing more I can say about it. If people insist on calling the parent hypocritical because they are struggling with the fact that their child, whom they love dearly, lives in a separate moral world from theirs and that they will continue to love their child until they die, then I can say no more.

If a military general had a child who was an anti-war activist, would you condemn the general as hypocritical? How about an M.D. whose child espoused a religion that forbade traditional medical treatment? Is the doctor hypocritical?

posted on Jan, 27 2007 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid

If people insist on calling the parent hypocritical because they are struggling with the fact that their child, whom they love dearly, lives in a separate moral world from theirs and that they will continue to love their child until they die, then I can say no more.

Well, let's cut out the parts that clutter. Now, thanks for proving my point.

posted on Jan, 28 2007 @ 05:35 PM
link   

If people insist on calling the parent hypocritical because they are struggling with the fact that their child, whom they love dearly, lives in a separate moral world from theirs and that they will continue to love their child until they die, then I can say no more.

If a military general had a child who was an anti-war activist, would you condemn the general as hypocritical? How about an M.D. whose child espoused a religion that forbade traditional medical treatment? Is the doctor hypocritical?

You make a very valid point. I'm not saying Cheney is hypocritical, I'm just saying why did he get so defensive? But, I do understand your point of view here.

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 12:06 PM
link   

If said Military General wanted to impose a draft, except for his son.
If said MD, wanted to pass a that forbade non-western medicine, but allowed his son to partake in non-western medicine.

If said Vice President wanted to illegalize gay marriages, adoptions, etc. but would allow his daughter to do it.

Then yes. In so far, he hasn't, but will he?! That's why people are anxious over this. It's not that she's gay, but that Cheney might let her do whatever, regardless of the law that other gay citizens have to endure.

It hasn't happened, yet...but that's what we're fussing over. Is it really that hard to see?

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Arcane Demesne
If said Vice President wanted to illegalize gay marriages, adoptions, etc. but would allow his daughter to do it.

"That is the right question." To quote from IRobot. That is why Cheney got so defensive I think. "Do what I say, not as I do or my family does" is pretty much the message he gave when he got upset.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join