It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO seen in Charlotte--Includes Picture

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 11:59 AM
link   

"A blue light streaked across the sky in the Gaffney area. The light ... moved from the Greenville-Spartanburg area toward Huntersville, N.C.," Terry Coyle said. "The object had a bluish green tail about two miles long."

Law enforcement agencies also report receiving calls about the lights, and WYFF4.com correspondent Scott Wilson of Gastonia, N.C., also said he saw similar lights in the direction of the Upstate.

While no definitive information is available, WYFF 4 Chief Meteorologist John Cessarich said the most likely cause is a group of meteors streaking into the Earth’s atmosphere.

--www.wyff4.com...

and

www.charlotte.com...

Multiple witnesses; sounds like the making of a good sighting.

Take note, the Federal Aviation Administration had no reports of plane crashes. Huntersville police also dispatched an officer to look for the mysterious object: No immediate reports of little green men with ray guns.

These quotes are beyond insulting; they are ridiculing decent people who have seen something and are confused. It is shameful, and it always happens. If we were to take the time to make ufology a popularly acceptable science, then people who see things like this wouldn't be ridiculed by the press.

[edit on 1/25/2007 by Togetic]

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Looks like a good sighting, nice find togetic.

Togetic - "These quotes are beyond insulting; they are ridiculing decent people who have seen something and are confused. It is shameful, and it always happens. If we were to take the time to make ufology a popularly acceptable science, then people who see things like this wouldn't be ridiculed by the press"

It is especially insulting when he says "No immediate reports of little green men with ray guns." since the author must be unaware that the US government already has working ray guns of it's own. Ignorance is bliss especially when you are an author, lol.

news.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 02:35 PM
link   
The Charlotte Observer is a pieace of trash. I live in Charlotte myself and it is one on the worst papers i have ever read. If someone can get me some more information about the popel who seen these usfo's and stuff like that i would be more then happy to go do interviews and stuff for ATS. I have been in class all day so I havent heard a thing. Prob will catchit tonight on the news.

If someoen wants to call the CHarotte Observer or the Charlotte mecklenburg Police dept. and see if they give any names about people who reported the sightings U2U me them or email me the names and I will do my best to get in contact. I have class until late so it would be hard for me to get the info and then contact people today. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Quicksilver
The Charlotte Observer is a pieace of trash. I live in Charlotte myself and it is one on the worst papers i have ever read. If someone can get me some more information about the popel who seen these usfo's and stuff like that i would be more then happy to go do interviews and stuff for ATS. I have been in class all day so I havent heard a thing. Prob will catchit tonight on the news.

If someoen wants to call the CHarotte Observer or the Charlotte mecklenburg Police dept. and see if they give any names about people who reported the sightings U2U me them or email me the names and I will do my best to get in contact. I have class until late so it would be hard for me to get the info and then contact people today. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

What do you think of the WYFF4 report? It seems to be referencing the same or a similar phenomenon.

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 03:03 PM
link   
There was also a photo included in the article in the Charlotte Observer. I'm hoping that the image analysts over in the O'Hare room who have been doing a stellar job can give it a look.

Last night just after 8:30, I was in the backyard smoking a cig and saw a light coming in toward Kings Mountain from the south-southeast. ... I went in the house and got my camera and came back out in the front yard to shoot it.

--George Miller

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 03:13 PM
link   
It looks like an Ionized metallic disc from the photo. If a lot of people saw this and they all agree it looks like the thing in the photo then I would say it wasn't a meteor.

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 03:15 PM
link   
It must have been stationary for a while or just hovering slowly for him to be able to run inside and get the camera and snap a shot of it. Not to mention that looks pretty close to his house.

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 03:17 PM
link   
For anyone interested, there's a couple of dozen eye witness reports here

Most seem to think it was just a meteor and burned up within a few seconds. I didn't see anybody claiming it was hovering.

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Anything blue or green I tend to say is a meteor, I live in AZ and we get ALOT of them here. I've seen some green balls that didn't have a tail and moved pretty slow, they looked for sure like they were round objects, only to watch them break into little pieces and fizzle out....

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 04:37 PM
link   
They said it had a 2 mile long blueish-green tail. What kind of Alien spacecraft flys around with a 2 mile long tail? It was probably a meteor or part of that sattelite that the Chinese blew up...

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Could it be part of the Chinese satelite shot down a couple weeks ago? Can't it take some objects weeks to come back into orbit and burn up?
On a world map China and the US match up pretty close so to me it is plausible, what do you guys think?

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 08:58 PM
link   
ummm you said in the topic line.. pics included... yet I see one pic that looks like a drawing trying to describe what was seen

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 09:01 PM
link   
The article claims that it is a photograph. Precisely why I posted it, so that people can critique it.

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 09:22 PM
link   
That best photo i have seen of a ufo. every photo i have seen so far have been blures or little dots of light in the sky and can't make out.

[edit on 25-1-2007 by hughes28105]

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 09:25 PM
link   
ummm we need someone to go to charlotte and find witnesses..... file a report, and surely with all the 911 calls more than one pic is out there of this

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 09:31 PM
link   
They have plenty of witnesses and some really credible one too. I wonder how many more people will step forward on this one.

Nework News Station

At first Angell feared it might be an airplane crashing, but a former military pilot himself, he said the colors weren't right. The orb was a bluish-white and he said it moved too slowly to be a comet.

"It was a very shallow descent and a glowing flare as it went down. It was visible for about, oh, 10-15 seconds," he explained. "Heaven only knows what it could be, but some type of a UFO. I'm not saying an alien but something."

Then, just as suddenly as it appeared, all who saw it said it disappeared into the horizon without answers to what the strange sight was.

Interestingly the National Weather Service fielded more than a dozen calls, and of course there was no report of a downed plane, so the strange object remains a mystery.

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 09:58 PM
link   
i have made a request for all pictures recieved by the news station of the "ufo"

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 10:35 PM
link   
The photographer of the picture has posted his picture (he claims the version I posted previously was enhanced) and the circumstances of the picture here.

His testimony follows:

Charles Miller sent in this photo along with details of a mysterious light he witnessed flying over North Carolina....

Last night (Wednesday, Jan 24) just after 8:30, I was in the backyard smoking a cig and saw a light coming in toward Kings Mountain from the south-southeast. It was pretty much on the same flight path as some of the air traffic that comes out of Charlotte Douglas, and I didn't think much of it at first, but as it got closer I could plainly see that the thing didn't have any flashing lights, just a blue-green glare.

I went into the house and got my camera and came back out in the front yard to shoot it as it passed over my house. Even though I know I had the thing centered in the frame, it came out off-center, but that's the problem with telephoto. Even so, you can tell that it isn't a plane or helicopter, it was too slow to be a meteor, and was too quiet. I got one shot on the thing and my camera battery suddenly exhausted. The thing continued northward at a steady pace until it passed behind trees and I lost it.

Today (Thursday, Jan 25), I was surprised to learn that there had been sightings of blue-green lights in the sky all the way from Charlotte, NC to Greenville/Spartanburg, SC -- and even a report from Kentucky -- and variously described as a meteor, space debris, or a slow-moving ball of light that changed directions, depending on who was telling the story. The Charlotte Observer newspaper featured the story on their website and requested any reports and photos from their readers, so I submitted my photo and brief report this afternoon.

The Observer immediately contacted me by phone and asked a few questions about the sighting, and in a matter of minutes they posted a RETOUCHED version of my photo on their website. Obviously, The Observer cropped the photo down and brightened it by many magnitudes, so the thing on their website looks like a brightly illuminated disk when, in fact, the thing I saw was more of a hazy glare and was not that bright.

Here is the picture, which he claims is the original, untouched image.

I would love to hear photo experts' opinions. It is a very compelling photograph and story, and there are strong indications of the author's veracity. He has given his name, he describes the scene in good detail, and he has a picture with something in the foreground to compare it against.

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 10:38 PM
link   
quite amazing if you ask me... I am really gonna lighten this up...
If you get a chance check out my forum btw... disclosure.subjectdebate.com...

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 12:26 AM
link   
My knee-jerk reaction to that picture is that it looks similar in shape to an SR-71, undergoing some sort of phase shift or extreme speed change.

It reminds me of the visible sonic boom that can envelop a jet breaking the sound barrier, but since the NC object was supposedly slow-moving, I propose that they are testing a new propulsion system.

Or it's a hoax.

Or both.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join