It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO seen in Charlotte--Includes Picture

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 12:44 AM
link   
or maybe it's a comet or maybe it really is a ufo.... it is obviously not a hoax considering it was seen in 2 states

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 02:05 AM
link   
i hsve seen s very like simile taken by a couple of brothers over city hall in va ncouver canada the year was 1937!
I have the pic just dont understand how to load it for yo all....
is it possible this thing is shrouded in a plasma envelope of some kind?

[edit on 26-1-2007 by bergle]

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 02:51 AM
link   
upload it to imageshack

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 02:53 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 07:53 AM
link   
Just a thought...............

Is the increase in UFO sightings related in any way to the recent increase in Nuclear talks / Space Talk / Iran and so on......?

What I mean is, are they starting to take a closer look around and making themselves seen so much that it just can't be denied anymore? Are these UFO's just testing the water with peoples reactions before they make themselves known in full? Are their intentions seen as good because they are turning up in the middle of a middle eastern crisis that can potentially go t#ts up at any time? Or are they turnign up stating this but really they have an ulterior motive?

I myself (its a long shot I know but) hope it's the Nordics. At least they're the friendly ones. Not the blood suckin', cattle probin', crop circle drawin' greys. Anyone but them......O and the reptilians (if they actually exist). They's bad.

Remirah

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 08:05 AM
link   
with the increase in solor activity, we may be observing more earth energies, which would explain the recent burst in ufo sightings. im not infering all these sightings are of an earthly orgin, i'll speculate a fraction is genuine alien activity, but certainly not all.
has anyone checked too see if there was any seismic activity corresponding to the location and time of the sighting?

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 10:06 AM
link   
I live in Mooresville and did see the light but to me it just seemed to be a bright star. I thought it might have been a planet.

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by l0rds0fcha0s
ummm we need someone to go to charlotte and find witnesses..... file a report, and surely with all the 911 calls more than one pic is out there of this

That is exactly what I am doing. I just got hit by a nasty stomach virus today which is slowing me down but I am tryin to get some names. If you contacted the charlotte observer and got any information and or names please foward them to me. Thanks

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Weighing in from Michigan.

Just saw this story on the local news. It is incredible how the facts of the case never made it to air, and the picture was not even mentioned.

Another fluff piece in a sea of fluff.

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by HankMcCoy
Weighing in from Michigan.

Just saw this story on the local news. It is incredible how the facts of the case never made it to air, and the picture was not even mentioned.

Another fluff piece in a sea of fluff.

I totally agree. I am still hoping that someone here will look at the picture and analyze it. So far, no one has bitten, and I'm a bit disappointed because it's a great picture and just begging to be proved or disproved.

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Togetic
So far, no one has bitten, and I'm a bit disappointed because it's a great picture and just begging to be proved or disproved.

I dunno how they would disprove it, i'm sure it's a real photo but how can one tell if it's a meteor or not through photo analysis? The way it was said to have behaved, I really believe it was a meteor...if it was visible for longer it would be different.

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Togetic

back in the early to mid 1990s-1995
the ?whitesands missile range shot up a missile that released a cloud of ?Boron? gas or something.
the colors & such look like that aerial display seen all over parts of 2 states..... NM & AZ

(the only difference is that the scientific release of the ?Boron? cloud, started small....but in the course of hours the cloud stretched all over the place in swirls & dangling 'tentacles' of purples & golds & greens-blues...)

i wonder did the glowing object(in your photo) move from sight or did it fade away...what follow reports or continued observations are there that would lead one to think that the night sky object was a alien or UFO craft,

and not just a high altitude reflection off a dense pocket of gas?
which disappeared when the sunlight was no longer present from below the horizon??

posted on Jan, 28 2007 @ 10:27 AM
link   
My girlfriend who lives in Columbia SC also had a sighting but hers was on Thursday Jan 25th 2007 at 6:30 PM and once again the following night, Friday Jan 26th, also at 6:30 PM in Columbia, SC, after she told me of this I emailed her the picture of the oval shaped light photographed prior to her sightings from Wed. night Jan. 24th taken in Charlotte, NC, (there were sightings from Greenville, SC, Blacksburgh, SC & Charlotte, NC that night) but she said what she saw did not look like that, what she saw was "more like a big ball of light with something flat on the bottom -- no lights there and the bottom was barely visible." I live near Greenville, SC; Columbia, SC is about 80 miles from here, we spend alot of time together but unfortunatly I was at home inside all that week. She has no real interest in the subject but knew that I did, it was after I told her of the Wed. night sightings that she told me of hers. I searched the net for any other Columbia, SC sightings during those days & so far only came across one posting (link below). Could it be military activity from the Fort Jackson base in Columbia? Or something else? We may never know for sure. I am [email protected], Mike www.unexplained-mysteries.com...

prior to her sightings from Wed. night Jan. 24th taken in Charlotte, NC"more like a big ball of light with something flat on the bottom -- no lights there and the bottom was barely visible."priorColumbia SC sightings after the Charlotte NC UFO

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by St Udio
back in the early to mid 1990s-1995
the ?whitesands missile range shot up a missile that released a cloud of ?Boron? gas or something.
the colors & such look like that aerial display seen all over parts of 2 states..... NM & AZ

That actually happened a couple times, freaked my mom out the first time, lol. It was in the morning right as the sun was rising so it looked pretty wicked...

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Speaking of South Carolina and bizarro lights in the sky, here are a couple shots of a real beauty that I took in the spring or summer of 2002, I believe. At the time, I lived in upstate SC at Lake Wylie (right on the border of NC/SC), about 5 miles north of a nuclear power plant. So when this multi-colored glowing cloud appeared in the night sky to the south, I was ready to evacuate, no questions asked.

What you're seeing is a view from an apartment complex, looking south, and it was maybe 45 minutes after sundown. That big glowing cloud in the sky (center) is about the width of 5 full moons.

This second shot is from a different angle, using a tree to block out the flood lights of the tennis court. Kind of hard to tell from this old photo, but the cloud is glowing greens and pinks and yellows and blues and you name it.

What was it??

Well, happily, it wasn't the nuclear power plant melting down. I switched on the mind-control box (my television) in time to hear that this thing was visible all up and down the East Coast. It was, in fact, the result of a night-time shuttle launch waaaay on down at Cape Kennedy in Florida -- that's some 800 miles distant from the camera.

The shuttle (don't recall which mission) took off in darkness but soon rose high above the terminator, where its massive exhaust plume was brightly illuminated in full solar radiation. Cool. I submitted the originals of these pix to NASA's James Oberg, who featured them on his website for a few weeks.

— Doc Velocity

[edit on 1/29/2007 by Doc Velocity]

posted on Feb, 8 2007 @ 09:08 AM
link   
There is a new article about this sighting here.

posted on Feb, 18 2007 @ 05:18 PM
link   
These sightings occurred on January 24, 2007, in the evening — sighting times range between 7:30 and 8:30 pm, I believe. Numerous 911 calls from all around Charlotte, extending out to Greenville/Spartanburg, SC, and some additional sightings further west (Tennessee and Kentucky).

The Charlotte Observer ran the story on their website next day (Jan. 25) and then on their front page the day after that (Jan. 26). The blue blob photo was apparently the only photo taken on the night of the sightings.

That image has been "ricocheting around the Internet," according to MSNBC (Jan. 27), and it appeared on CNN's Anderson Cooper 360 program a week or so later, along with the photographer. An astronomer and a spokesman for the Skeptical Enquirer pronounced it a "bolide" (a fireball that burned up above Earth's surface), and that was pretty much the end of the story.

Until about a week ago, that is, when a local TV station (WXII) up in Winston-Salem, NC, decided to spice up their programming by re-running the Charlotte story & photo, claiming that it was local to Winston-Salem. The story was picked up by Drudge, and the news director at that Winston-Salem TV station later "corrected" the story, saying that it was, indeed, a re-run.

— Doc Velocity

top topics

<< 1   >>

join