It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where is the safest place on earth

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2007 @ 07:22 PM
link   
By the time situation X arrives, it will already be too late. There will be no safe place unless you are already there with the necessary supplies. Anyone who is thinking about survival had better have everything in place before TSHTF because when it does desperate people will be capable of doing desperate things to get what they need. Forget about trying to get food, gas, water, etc. Just trying to get out of an urban landscape will be difficult enough. I'm sure there will be plenty of signs in advance of any situation for the people who are aware to see.

posted on Mar, 5 2007 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by jblaze
By the time situation X arrives, it will already be too late.

...Actually, No. If you hold a FREEHOLD with the paper wrok, then when they tell you just to "Go Home" you stand a good chance of ensuring that you can wave the Docs at the road blocks, claiming to be "on holiday" and "on your way home" to the Yukon.

There will be no safe place unless you are already there with the necessary supplies. Anyone who is thinking about survival had better have everything in place before TSHTF because when it does desperate people will be capable of doing desperate things to get what they need. Forget about trying to get food, gas, water, etc.

Again No. With POTASSIUM IODIDE, after a nuclear exchange, you can swap it for ANYTHING that you need... and its small and light weight.

Just trying to get out of an urban landscape will be difficult enough.

Which is a key advantage of Canada.

I'm sure there will be plenty of signs in advance of any situation for the people who are aware to see.

They are already streaming inb thick and fast. My guess is 6 weeks maximum. For Bush to start the ball rolling, it will take him 7 days to pull his other carrier groups into the Gulf, that's it.

...So start filling your gas cans now!

posted on Mar, 5 2007 @ 07:45 PM
link   
TASMANIA

FRENCH POLYNESIA

PITCAIRN ISLANDS

MADAGASCAR

COMOROS & MAYOTTE

posted on Mar, 6 2007 @ 12:43 AM
link   
I aint going nowhere, but into civil service when X situation happens. WTF ever happened to serving your country and people? I would say there is no better time than when your services are needed most. You wont catch me living in a hole or fighting over an island against 10,000 strangers who have already done the exact same thing as we are doing now in this thread. the safest place to be is where you have already been spending years of your life, joining your local population in making sure that your community remains safe and humble.

To abandon those who you have always known in a time of turmoil is an act of cowardice IMO. Did 30% of the US population go "run and hide" during WW1 or 2? No hell, our predecesors stood ground, joined the service, and contributed to their land for the benefit of our society, and our survival.

I would gladly die here serving my people when the day of turmoil arrives. I will not run and hide; living in regret and F E A R not knowing the fate of those I left behind, and may never be able to see again.

I will not perish a coward in that time. Survivng means to meet the challenge head on and giving it all you got, not preparing for hybernation and pretending you can run from the problem. Because if you run, I T will find you where you went, and it will find you alone, with no support, and in complete terror.

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 11:31 AM
link   
I kinda agree with Dyepes here. But inorder to fight one must first survive. Because of my location (maine) there is no way if the end of the world as we know happens, I'm gonna be able to fly off to some Pacific coast island. And there's no way in heck I'm gonna relocate my family now for the "just in case scenario". I think the only thing that is possible for me and probably lots of others is to prepare at home. So stocking up on provisions based on your family size, having a rally point, and having an exit stragedy.

For me personally, North will be probably the best bet. Luckly maine has tons of logging roads and snowmobile trails that with a good 4X4 will get you far without having to stay on main roads. The Northern half of this state is practically unoccupied and all wilderness so I'm guessing it will be my best bet.

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Staying and protecting your homes may sound well and good, unless the entire area or city is contaminated by radiation and nuclear fall out.

If it was a global nuclear war, no place on Earth would be safe, the massive nuclear fall out would cover the entire surface of the Earth unless you have a underground shelter.

The safest places would be any where underground. But you may need a enclose ecosystem to supply food, water and air for a 1000 years or more for a population before returning to the surface. Good Luck...

Say have they perfected cyro stasis yet?....

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 12:20 AM
link   
I really dont feel that you would have to worry about the threat of a global nuclear war, thats just silly paranoid dillusional terror fantasies. Even if it came about, the probability would be extremely high you would cease to exist to soon to even bring up the thought of digging up those old survival plans.

Stick to where ya been, or relocate to where a large restructuring effort is happening. The go it alone in isloation approach is actually the most rediculous and unrealistic IMO.

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 12:37 AM
link   
I feel quite same where I am in Saskatchewan, Canada. The entire population of the province is around 1 million.

I am hours from a large city and 1 hour from a small city.

I have my own farm with enough land to sustain myself forever. Good water and friendly "neighbors" that help each other out.

I would not go anywhere.... unless it came to a nuke attack.

But if it came to that.... would I even have time to leave? *shrug*

BTW its super cheap to live out here. Land is plentiful and cheap.

posted on Mar, 10 2007 @ 10:27 AM
link   
I believe that most of the desert/semi-arid regions of the world will likely be fairly safe . Less people,less problems and humans naturally gravitate to readily accessible water. The next war in the Middle East will be over water not oil. Small towns have always weathered natural disasters and economic collapses better than their larger urban brothers. You've closer access to food, game and other natural resources. Urban areas rely on fragile man made systems. Without power in most urban areas, there's no water and food storage becomes a major problem. I think that even in the event of an asteroid strike, many areas of the world are likely to have minimal changes in climate. When the dinosaurs were wiped out in N. America by the asteroid which struck the Yucatan, Australia was only minimal affected. We knows this because the fern forests that fed many sauropods survived. Human civilization's technological advancement may be halted or even reversed for a few decades but I believe substantial number of humans will survive to rebuild it. I don't think we're facing a great natural catastrophe, the more likely event will be an economic collapse as cheap energy runs out.

posted on Mar, 14 2007 @ 02:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dulcimer
I feel quite same where I am in Saskatchewan, Canada. The entire population of the province is around 1 million.

I am hours from a large city and 1 hour from a small city.

I have my own farm with enough land to sustain myself forever. Good water and friendly "neighbors" that help each other out.

BTW its super cheap to live out here. Land is plentiful and cheap.

That sounds wonderful.I would never consider living anywhere else than Australia except for a place such as Canada.

Last year though I went to Tasmania to check out some farms to buy and it was bitterly cold there,colder than I was expecting,which was a bit off putting to me.It would take a lot of acclimatizing to the area if we were to move there.

So how cold does it get where you are Dulcimer?

Excuse me if this sounds stupid,are bears a problem also? As soon as I hear the word Canada I picture beautiful country and grizzly bears.

posted on Mar, 14 2007 @ 04:17 AM
link   
It can get very cold where I am. Much worse when you factor in the wind chill.

Im not sure what the average would be in the winter, but I would say -20C.

Very cold would be in the -30's / -40C. Yep.

We have mild spring and summer weather. Again I do not know the averages.

As for bears..... no that would not be a problem where I am. We have some small bears but no problems.

I do have a moose living in my yard though.

posted on Mar, 14 2007 @ 04:52 AM
link   

It can get very cold where I am. Much worse when you factor in the wind chill.

Im not sure what the average would be in the winter, but I would say -20C.

20C is about our maximum average I`d say here in Perth West Australia in winter.

But freakin heck Dulcimer -20 -30 / -40C

Our winters maybe like your summers then,so you might be able to imagine our summers,damn hot,we recently had just over 46 in Perth.

When I said Tasmania was cold I went there in September last year which should be spring and it was ABOUT 15C during the day and 2C at night,I thought I may die.thats like our extreme temps in winter!

As for bears..... no that would not be a problem where I am. We have some small bears but no problems.

I do have a moose living in my yard though.

So the smaller bears leave people alone,cool.

Moose`s (
is that right?) they can be dangerous cant they or are they like dopey cows?

[edit on 14-3-2007 by gps777]

posted on Mar, 14 2007 @ 12:06 PM
link   
I would KILL for 2C winters !

Moose are nice animals. Quite large. I couldn't imagine one causing any harm unless it was starting to get tame and got too close.

Winter's aside, this is a pretty nice place to live.

British Columbia seems to have much better winters. Even eastern Canada gets it better some times. They seem to have warmer winters than central Canada. Although they get lake effect snow which can really pile up.

posted on Mar, 15 2007 @ 01:25 AM
link   

I would KILL for 2C winters !

Then you would love our winter spring and autumn Dulcimer,I dont think you would enjoy our summers though,unless you tan well and love the beach or stay mostly indoors with the aircon for a good portion of it.

But those temps you have, I cannot even imagine what that must be like to live with.Thats gotta be deadly,so I think maybe a holiday in the right season would be for me,rather than living there,seeing that I`m afraid of Tassies weather.

Hats off to you though from what I`ve seen, it looks like a nice place and picturesque to boot.

posted on Mar, 16 2007 @ 02:59 AM
link   
Ask the President if you can reserve a place in one of over 150 underground miles long and mile deep bases underneath the american continent! He might be in a good mood that day. The internationalists want to level the world playing field down to something they can trully control; in america, maybe that number is around 250,000,000 people.

Rheem21

posted on Mar, 16 2007 @ 03:42 AM
link   
A simple list of probable locations.
1... Tristan da cunha islands. (British)
2... Galapagos.
3... Pitcairn Islands.
4... Bouvat Island.
5... St.Kilda (archipelago) Scotland.
6... Easter Island.
The alternative is to check into Cheyenne Mountain. I believe now that this has been decommissioned

posted on Mar, 16 2007 @ 02:29 PM
link   
The problem with islands is that they are island. Islands tend to have limited resources. Access to more resources depends greatly on your ability to navigate or sail successfully. You can ran and hide on an island but you can't run away from an island without a vessel of some sort. A mountain or desert retreat gives you virtually the same effect with access to greater resources.

posted on Mar, 19 2007 @ 01:11 AM
link   
People have some misconceptions about islands in this modern day. As I stated earlier, in the event of a cataclysmic event, 20 million fools from around the globe will be trying to find safe haven on islands across the Earth, only to find they will be fighting over worthless land with thousands of people at just about every location.

The first rule in any emergency people is DONT PANIC!!

Seriously just get your # together and understand how much easier it will be for you to survive in the community you have been survivng in for years with the people you already know and love. It does not matter if it is a big city. One thing people seem to forget about your government is that 95% of the people who work for it are sincere people who are loyal and serve their society to the best of their ability. Those corrupt politicans and heads of security departments make up only a tiny fraction of the total workforce, most of who are genuwine patriots to the country you live.

Rise up to the challenge, and enlist as servant of the people in a time of emergency. Whether you distribute supplies, provide security, take part in engineering projects or plot courses and routes for convoys and personell, you will be helping your fellow citizen at the time they need you most!

posted on Mar, 19 2007 @ 02:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by DYepes

Seriously just get your # together and understand how much easier it will be for you to survive in the community you have been survivng in for years with the people you already know and love. It does not matter if it is a big city. One thing people seem to forget about your government is that 95% of the people who work for it are sincere people who are loyal and serve their society to the best of their ability.

G`day DYepes

It depends on the situation to me,if nukes started landing in countries and cities around the world,I`d definitely get out if I were in a city.

Also if it seemed to me a type of NWO take over scenario,I`d also not hang around.

If it were a natural disaster, yeah I`d help out as well.

Those corrupt politicans and heads of security departments make up only a tiny fraction of the total workforce, most of who are genuwine patriots to the country you live.

The ones at the top though can be the ones to worry about.

posted on Mar, 21 2007 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stewart Lewis
safty is a feeling, which can only be found in yourself.

i hate stupid assed comments like this that contribute nothing to the discussion!

duh "safty is a feeling, which can only be found in yourself." what even if you are underneath a nuclear bomb thats about to explode ?

dude please think before you post!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join