It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Politics: Semper Ranting

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2007 @ 09:36 AM
link   

PODcast: Semper Ranting
Rant on Liberalism and The War

length: 06:22
file: ptspod_2129.mp3
size: 2984k
feed: pts

Not my usual Podcast.
This is a rant, so be easy on me... LOL

Semper

[edit on 1/24/2007 by semperfortis]

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Hi Semper, welcome back!

Adversity... Stand for ones convictions...

LOL...dooty-dooty-dooo.... Sheesh....lol
But how do you really feel about standing up for ones convictions?

My friend... No one will ever accuse you of being a part of the silent majority (or minority)!

Unfortunately, I'm one of those that isn't suited to fight, so I guess my weapon
of choice would have to be a microphone...lol... Maybe I can use that new sound weapon they invented that uses sound waves on the enemy/mobs...

As always.. I enjoyed listening to your rant, looking forward to your next one,
Johnny

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Ah, My friend..

You are a true fighter.. I can hear it in your voice...

The intent of the Podcast, was not that the only way to fight was to pick up a rifle.. FAR from it...

There are many warriors out there that have never fired a shot.. I hold the UTMOST respect for them...

Sometimes it is as simple as SPEAKING out against injustice and cowardice...

Keep on keepin on my friend...

Semper

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 05:57 PM
link   
C'mon, Semper. Tell us how you really feel, sweetie.

I'm one of those who would fight an invading force. You better believe it! And I'm one of those who support the troops but not the war. I also don't hate Bush.

I stand strong for my convictions, too.

I can't say I enjoyed listening to your rant. Far from it. It's taken me days to cool down enough to post a reply.
But you know I love ya anyway. Ya big lug!

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 07:38 PM
link   
HAHAHAHAHAHA,

Thanks BH...

You know me well enough by now to know that I am not like that most of the time....

Just had a bad day and wanted to get it off my chest...

Thanks for understanding...

ps...
If anyone ever invades, I'll take you by my side ANYTIME!!!

Semper

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 02:10 AM
link   
Maybe this will make you feel better Semper..

You have voted semperfortis for the Way Above Top Secret award. You have used all of your votes for this month.

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 02:45 AM
link   
Johnny!!!!!

You are the BEST!!!

Thanks so much....

It is nice having friends.

Semper

posted on Feb, 2 2007 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Highest debt in history...what are we going to change about that?

Also I can't say I support the war, since I think it is pointless. I don't believe in fighting for another countries freedom if they didn't start the fight themselves. If they are fighting to be free and are getting massacured, thats people that deserve freedom. Iraqis haven't fought for their freedom, so I don't see how fighting for freedom is an excuse.

I personally know people in Iraq, and I am by no means against them. I think that they made a poor choice, but Im not going to hold that against them. It is my opinion, as is theirs and I respect that. That doesn't mean I don't want them to come home. Ive known some of them since I've had memories, and the last thing I want to see if them lost in a war such as this.

Now do I support the troops? Acoording to you, no. I support their survival, and that is about as accurate as I can get. I don't support the actions taken, but I'll be damned if I am made out to look like I don't want them to survive, or that I hold it against them for doing what they are doing.

On another note, I think its important we remember what it is we are talking about. Change. You talk about having no terrorist attacks on US soil after 9/11. How many terrorist attacks happened on US soil before 9/11? Oklahoma city bombing was done by an american correct? Other then that what do we have, the car bombing in 92 at the WTC? To say that because for 5 and 1/2 years we haven't had any attacks on US soil that suddenly we are safer, that is a lie.

Next lets keep in mind the deficit every year, watching our debt bubble quicker then the housing market. How long can that continue? Or how about that economy and all those created jobs? Thats just so great isnt it? Well what do you expect to happen when you cut taxes, make more programs to contract business, go to war and destroy a nation then have businesses rebuild it, take advantage of every excuse to jack oil prices for a quick profit, and above all else, create minimum wage jobs.

I saw a women the age of my mom working at blockbuster 50+ hours a week to make ends meet. Those the great jobs we are creating?

You know I respect your opinions, but don't think Im not going to call you on what I think is BS in my opinion. Have a good one semper.

PS-good luck with the election.

[edit on 3-2-2007 by grimreaper797]

posted on Feb, 4 2007 @ 12:27 AM
link   
WOW Grim...

Did you get permission to print that from the Democrat Playbook? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Everyone is entitled to their opinion my friend and we can be friends and disagree. And disagree we do, especially about the economy...

But that is always the way it is.... Anytime one side or another makes gains in any area, the other side invents things and fabricates "possible" futures to make the present seem like it is killing us... LMAO

Actually there were several attacks, though only the two actually on US soil...

But let us not forget the USS Cole and of course it seems everyone forgets the 241 Marines and other service members that died in Lebanon. Having gone there I am not likely to be one that forgets though my friend...

Again, we all have our opinions, I was just stating the facts about the economy... Anyone can predict anything, does not mean it is going to come true...

Semper

posted on Feb, 4 2007 @ 01:58 PM
link   
semper the problem with your example of the USS cole is now that we are at war, its no longer so much a terrorist attack in the same sense.
If something like the USS cole did happen, they would still continue to say "we are protecting the american people, and there hasn't been a terrorist attack on US soil since 9/11 so its working"

You can't mention something that didn't happen on US soil, because pleanty of terrorist attacks on american troops and such have happened since 9/11. None have happened on US SOIL since 9/11, but how many happened BEFORE 9/11 on US soil? Not many, and one of which had no foreign connections.

As for the economy, I think thats nice and all, but the stablility of our government should come first. I am not fabricating anything. We DO have the highest national debt ever seen by this country, with no solution in sight. If you want to deny that, you are denying the facts.

I am not denying the fact the Economy is strong, what I am denying is that the economy is more important then the failing government. If you have a way to completely get rid of the debt, keep the economy rising, AND keep everyone in a free society, I WILL PERSONALLY vote you for president.

posted on Feb, 4 2007 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Other than to be used as bedtime scare stories, what has a large national debt ever done to the country?

Who is going to demand we pay it back?

The national debt is in every meaning of the word meaningless.

It is made even more so by the pure and simple fact that it has been and will be paid down again to almost nothing in a matter of months.

I love all of this talk about India's economy, China etc....

Guess what???

THEY ARE ALL Dependant on OUR Economy... ALL of them....

We have the single most powerful and prevailent economy the world has ever seen... Period...

And another thing.... There is no arguing that War is good for an economy... So if some of the Negativites would get off of their 3rd grade level economics and begin to STOP hurting the country, things could be even better...

How many times do the Republicans have to pull the country out of the economic slump the Democrats put us in before you all stop making made up excuses about Supposed Impending Danger that never, NEVER rears it's head?

How many years can the Republicans create and sustain an incredible economy before you actually admit something and stop making excuses and fabricating things that MAY or MAY NOT ever happen.

Fact... The Economy is stronger than it has ever been..
Hypothesis... The National Debt may cause is problems

I prefer the facts..

Semper

posted on Feb, 4 2007 @ 02:57 PM
link   
What makes the value of the dollar semper? Its not backed by gold. Its backed by oil. We didn't invade iraq because we wanted their oil. We invaded Iraq to secure it's oil gets traded in dollars.

Why do countries like china and india need the dollar? To buy oil. If oil were traded in euros, what do you think would happen to the value of the dollar? Go unharmed? HAHAHAHA, No chance.

The FACT is, our dollars value is dependent on foreign need for such a currency. Their need is dependent on the fact that oil be traded in dollars. If no foreign countries need to buy the dollar to get oil anymore, they won't buy the dollar, they will dump the dollar. If they dump the dollar because they no longer have a use for it, what do you think happens to its value? It has no backing to it, so it is going to drop hard.

I think you know what would happen to the economy if the dollar bottomed out. What can foreign countries buy with the dollar if not oil? What do they need that many dollars for? What do they need that they couldn't buy in euros or pounds, which is stronger then the dollar?

That debt decreases the value of the dollar anyway. So that means it will cost us more and more to buy things. This in time will damage the economy as people will start to buy less as things become expensive. The increase in debt will decrease the value of the dollar.

posted on Feb, 7 2007 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Just so you know that it is not just MY opinion....

It is the opinion of the Soldiers as well..

Semper

posted on Feb, 7 2007 @ 01:31 PM
link   
My opinions wont change because they say it doesnt help. I don't, and will not support their mission. I want them to live, but I do not agree with the mission or their objective at all. If that means I don't support them, well then so be it because I would rather wish for their survival and not support them then support this war in order to say I support the neighbors I know over there.

posted on Feb, 9 2007 @ 03:13 PM
link   
here is a perfect example of the "Support the Troops and NOT the War"

"PEACEFUL" Protest...

WOW

Shades of Vietnam!!!

""WARNING" this link takes you to a video with some questionable language being used against our veterans...

Protesters Show true Colors

Semper

posted on Feb, 9 2007 @ 10:01 PM
link   
"and you need a haircut"-soldier

so what does this video prove? That the people protesting and the people yelling back at the protesters are equally ignorant and immature. That they just get into yelling contests with eachother. Yea to me the soldiers and the protesters acted equally stupid. Both yelling and spewing insults. Hooray for stupidity all around the table.

posted on Feb, 9 2007 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Grim,

I did not post that directed at you...

Trust me, I am now completely aware of your leanings; I deal with people like you all the time. I can not make you see something that is so foreign to you that you can not possibly understand it.

I posted it so that others may see the truth.

I appreciate your comments as always, but your reassertions about your "beliefs" are unnecessary for me. I understand.

Semper

posted on Feb, 9 2007 @ 10:53 PM
link   
The truth. I just said the truth. Every was acting like idiots in the video. There wasn't anyone being righteous or logical there. They were all screaming at eachother. To say one side was right would be opinionated, and to say one side was logical or mature would be outright lying, and its that simple. Did I agree with either side? Nope. But if I did, regardless of which side it was, they would be considered a disgrace to my argument, and to say the least an embarrassment. As far as Im concerned, this makes communist looks that much worse, and soldiers that much more ignorant as well. Both sides lose support from a videos like this.

You act as though I have the blindfold on, but the truth is I just don't support idiots, regardless of their opinions and whether I agree with them or not.

[edit on 9-2-2007 by grimreaper797]

posted on Feb, 9 2007 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Again Grim,

We obviously live on diametrically opposing sides of the earth. I see things very much different than you and can never possibly see them as you do.

Perhaps it is my years of service, Fighting for what I believe in or my Granny's teaching, but I can never and will never see things as you do.

I harbor no ill will toward you or your opinion, I simply do not share it.

My beliefs are of a different sort. Founded on principles that have been upheld since the first Marine walked in uniform and the first beat cop twirled a baton. I have served and still now serve; I can completely state my life is one of service, devotion and sacrifice.
I do not expect others to be this way, nor do I anymore expect them to even understand. One either has these feelings, or they do not.

Semper

posted on Feb, 9 2007 @ 11:26 PM
link   
I agree, we will never see out of eachothers views, but before I leave I drop you this statement to take with it.

It is not the act of servitude and sacrifice that is of importance, but the reasoning for doing so that holds the greatest importance of all.

As I see it, our reasoning differs because our views differ. You believe they are fighting for something worth fighting for in iraq. I don't. Your servitude and sacrifice is not as important as your reasoning for doing so. And although I would imagine your intentions are good, intentions still hold the posibility to pave the road to hell, so always be wary of your choice. I hold myself to the same standard.

[edit on 9-2-2007 by grimreaper797]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join