It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Al Qaeda To Slip In US Via Student Visas For Attacks

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2007 @ 03:01 PM
link   
NEWS LINK

Sources tell ABC News that the plot may have involved moving between 10 and 20 suspects believed to be affiliated with al Qaeda in Iraq into the United States with student visas — the same method used by the 19 al Qaeda terrorists who struck American targets on Sept. 11.

U.S. officials now require universities to closely track foreign nationals who use student visas to study in the United States. University officials must report international students who fail to arrive on campus or miss class regularly.

In August, the FBI and U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement alerted intelligence agencies and state and local law enforcement about 11 Egyptian students who had failed to report to their classes at Montana State University. The students were ultimately apprehended.

Still, despite the heightened precautions, some security analysts fear that skilled terrorists — handpicked because of their clean records and because they are carefully trained — could still slip through an academic setting.

Not surprising though. But it seems that everytime a middle eastern person cries "islamaphobia" for being double checked or even looked at sideways in the US, they are inadvertantly helping these types slip through the cracks to form sleeper cells.

I say until further notice, no more student visas, period. Do we really need any more middle eastern students here? Is it the educational system that is wanting these students to come over here to learn? At the risk of another attack? Let them take courses online

posted on Jan, 22 2007 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by super70
Not surprising

No, it's not surprising at all. In fact, I thought that this was well known. Ever since 9/11 I just KNOW I have heard this being discussed on the TV news. Why did ABC decide to do a story on this now .. like it's some surprise new thing?

posted on Jan, 22 2007 @ 03:17 PM
link   
I believe that the students born here should want to learn here and other countries should do the same. I don't want to see AlQaeda number 2 man mocking the soldiers in Iraq like he just did...

posted on Jan, 22 2007 @ 03:20 PM
link   
I believe it's utter BS. Why? Because it would be much more easier to go to Mexico and cross the border. I think it's propaganda to continue to put Al-Qaeda in the medias.

[edit on 22-1-2007 by Vitchilo]

posted on Jan, 23 2007 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by super70
I say until further notice, no more student visas, period. Do we really need any more middle eastern students here?

Yes.

Is it the educational system that is wanting these students to come over here to learn?

Its the public, the public has a need for these people, because they are well educated, well trained, competent, and motivated.

Let them take courses online

They're not merely taking courses, they are coming here as grad students, and doing scientific and engineering work that we can't even GET americans competent enough to do. America has long managed to hold a lead in science and industry because its been able to 'brain drain' other countries, get the best and the brightest from across the world, and bring them here, to work, as students, and better our own lives.

posted on Jan, 24 2007 @ 01:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
I believe it's utter BS. Why? Because it would be much more easier to go to Mexico and cross the border. I think it's propaganda to continue to put Al-Qaeda in the medias.

[edit on 22-1-2007 by Vitchilo]

Why would the illegal way be easier than the legal way? Remember the Israeli ''students'' coming to the US for Israeli intelligence purposes?

posted on Jan, 24 2007 @ 07:11 AM
link   
your photo is funny how do you live with yourself

new topics

top topics

join