It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We Now Have YouTube and Google Video BBcode and ATS!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 07:17 AM
link   
The ability to embed videos is great

I think it would be great for ATS if they could allow video embedding from other sites, for example, one of my favorite sites Havenvideo is a similar forum structure to here, and they allow members to embed videos from all major sites such as Youtube, Veoh, StageVu, Disclosetv etc. and they also have a handy feature where you can embed direct media files like DivX, WMV, FLV etc.

The good thing is it's perfectly safe and your not allowing HTML code or anything customizable to be posted by members but only the tags you define, I think media wise everyone loves watching related videos to the topics they're reading and this would be really good for ATS. I believe what havenvideo does is basically exactly the same as what you've done on ATS with youtube and google videos using tags in posts that generates the players so it looks easily do-able.

I'd say there are two major benefits this would have for ATS. The first would be the ability for members to post and embed a lot more video content, resulting in more posts and as a result more views and interest, the second which is good is it gives us a bit more security on our videos as Youtube and Google cannot be trusted with sensitive materials, many threads on ATS illustrate this, for instance check out the megathread on BBC reporting the WTC7 building had collapsed before it had collapsed here on ATS, when it broke youtube and google consistently and aggressively without shame removed the clips one after another after another, in the thousands I would imagine which carried on until it was finally uploaded to disclose.tv and still stays to this day, having more secure videos embedded that won't be removed preserves both the info and the threads content.

And allowing direct media files to be embedded is awesome, you simply do tags like "DivX" "FLV" etc. to generate the code for the players as we do now on ATS for google and youtube, which also has the benefit with things like UFO's etc. (where quality is extremely important) to embed direct original quality files like Avi, MPG and DivX and enables people to post their own hosted original content in original quality and embed it right in their posts. You can also do the same neat things like personalizing your own player so it shows the ATS logo etc.

I'd love ATS to adopt this, I think it could be done with minimal effort but would have a great positive impact on the site

Example posts from Havenvideo illustrating embeds from both direct files and other video host sites...

Terrorstorm - Government Sponsored Terrorism (Direct DivX Embedded Video)

Endgame - Blueprint For Global Enslavement (Direct WMV Embedded Video)

Invisible Empire (2010) (Stagevu.com Embedded Video)

Lost Book of Nostradamus (2007) (Veoh.com Embedded Video)

Ancient Aliens (2009) (Movshare.net Embedded Video)

Etc. etc.

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Ok, I know how to put videos on ATS, BUT.....

I've been getting this strange "bug" lately. Every time I try to post a YouTube Video, something keeps adding "%5C" at the end of the YT number. Whats up with this? It shows nothing in the "video box", and when you mousehover over where it says "YouTube Link", thats where I see it.

Example:

c7ZUIeujgDA

Becomes:

c7ZUIeujgDA%5C

I've tried other videos, with the same result. Is there a "bug" in the system? Or is YouTube messing with it?

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   
testing

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   
This is a test...

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Im Testing ok. ok?

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join