It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO Police FLIR footage

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2007 @ 12:21 PM
link   
"why is everyone saying its taking off at the end?
the only thing i see taking off is the helipcopter (after its done its inspection)"

You did'nt see the fast moving point of light streeking past the clouds? Watch it again.

"I challenge any of you to approach an object of any type from far away and still keep it in focus after you have past it, your face glued to the camera and an eyepatch in front of the eye not looking through the view finder. That is in sence how this works..."

In case you did'nt know, he's not tracking it manually, its done by either radar or some laser that keeps the camera locked onto the target..

nice try though.

Here's some FLIR systems the police probably use:
www.flir.com...

[edit on 7-5-2007 by wildone106]

posted on May, 7 2007 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jabbah

No, Santa comes on the night of december 24th...lol

"There really is a Santa Claus" is NASA lingo for "Houston we have a boggie"
which in laymen's terms is "Hey Houston, we just spotted another one of those critters"

posted on May, 9 2007 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Couple of things here:

It appears to have been altered.

I cannot find a clip of it, but will keep looking, but this is the video of the illfated Columbia entry that was caught by the FLIR of an Apache attack chopter out on manuvers.

The video starkly shows two separate events when large still-unidentified pieces detached from the shuttle, minutes before the spacecraft broke apart and killed the seven astronauts aboard. The two events show bright white flashes departing from the Columbia, which is seen as a white dot.
Video details start of shuttle's breakup

posted on May, 9 2007 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Really? You've got my attention... I will look as well... that would be more useful than a UFO video...

This description is interesting...

"burning up even as it crossed over California when hot plasma gases began flowing through its left wing...."

I want to know where these "plasma gases" come from...

Especially in the light of the Plasma bolt caught by one of those amateur astronomers... (there were 5 but I can only find one...)

SOURCE

I always wondered why the Shuttle would leave a plasma trail as it landed...

These 5 images were taken off line soon after they were posted... I got this one from a site in Australia... Anyone get the others before they vanished?

[edit on 9-5-2007 by zorgon]

posted on May, 9 2007 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgonhowever any really good electromagnetic field COULD bend light around an object ...

Electromagnetic fields do not bend light.

Every look through a heat mirage and see the wavering shimmering effect on objects behind it? Same idea

No, the "wavering shimmering effects" are due to differing indices of refraction of the air due to density changes caused by the heat.

Psst any decent webcam can be set to record in IR
There are instructions in one of the UFO threads, but I forget which...

[edit on 6-5-2007 by zorgon]

All IR is not the same. Webcams and the like can see near IR. The sort of images you get from a FLIR are far IR, and your webcam won't be picking that up, sorry.

posted on May, 9 2007 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

Originally posted by Jabbah

No, Santa comes on the night of december 24th...lol

"There really is a Santa Claus" is NASA lingo for "Houston we have a boggie"
which in laymen's terms is "Hey Houston, we just spotted another one of those critters"

Yep , it's true , hope to see some santas before christmass

posted on May, 9 2007 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

I want to know where these "plasma gases" come from...

I always wondered why the Shuttle would leave a plasma trail as it landed...

That would be because they're ripping through the thin upper atmosphere at an ungodly rate as they reenter. The air is compressed in front of the shuttle, and the compression causes heating. Enough heat and off pops an electron, voila, plasma.

It happens on every reentry.

posted on May, 9 2007 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Not the kind of Plasma I am looking for...

posted on May, 9 2007 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jimbowsk
Great clip!

My first thought was perhaps a meteor breaking up in the atmosphere, but I seriously doubt that after watching the whole clip!

Its almost certainly a meteorite within the earths atmosphere.

I certainly saw nothing in the clip to get excited about - its 99% identical to other meteorite footage Ive seen.

The bits falling away are molten bits of the rock itself falling off.

Originally posted by R3KR
meteor with infrared ?

Its travelling through the atmosphere at a high mach number, its going to be very hot.

Originally posted by kleverone

Just wondering how you are gonna make it take off at the end like that?

It doesnt 'take off' or accelerate or anything else - all you are seeing is an optical illusion that happens when an object suddenly passes by a point of reference. Up until the final moments, there are no points of reference for you to make any judgement as to the speed of the object. It passes through some clouds or infront of some landscape or something (not quite sure, but I think its mountains) and suddenly you have an idea of its speed.

Also, something not mentioned in this thread yet is the fact that this observation happened just after the peak of the Ursid meteor shower, which happened on the 22nd December 2004.

www.calacademy.org...

Originally posted by wildone106

You did'nt see the fast moving point of light streeking past the clouds? Watch it again.

Its an optical illusion, it doesnt suddenly speed up or anything.

In case you did'nt know, he's not tracking it manually, its done by either radar or some laser that keeps the camera locked onto the target..

Its being tracked manually, an automatic system would not be as shaky as that.

Originally posted by Tom Bedlam

Originally posted by zorgonhowever any really good electromagnetic field COULD bend light around an object ...

Electromagnetic fields do not bend light.

At quantum level, its theorised that light can be bent by an EM field, but not on the macro scale.

All in all, Ive seen better UFO videos.
EM fields can however affect the wavelength of a light wave.

posted on May, 9 2007 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by RichardPrice
At quantum level, its theorised that light can be bent by an EM field, but not on the macro scale.

EM fields can however affect the wavelength of a light wave.

Meh - we're wandering far afield from Zorgon's comment that "any good EM field will deflect light".

Yes - the stress-energy tensor of an EM field will result in gravitational acceleration between anti-parallel streams of photons, but the effect is so small that it can't yet be measured directly.

Zorgon has claimed more than once that any garden variety EM field can be made to bend photons around objects, and uses the example he gave of road mirages as being examples of photons being bent directly by IR radiation from the road, radiator or whatnot.

posted on May, 9 2007 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Thats just a hot air ballon, it caught a giant gust of wind, and flew away realy fast. It later landed and everyone laughed.

DEBUNKED.

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 11:50 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join