It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO Police FLIR footage

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2007 @ 03:24 AM
link   
Don't you guys see it? Its George Bush flying around in his spaceship and he is replenishing the therminol in the buildings below so that when he flies planes into them later, it will look like the planes destroyed them when in fact is was a plot by the Illuminati.

I can't believe it. Another blurry video of an object. When will the big story come out? WHEN will we have CLEAR footage of Greys landing their silvery metallic spacecraft on the white house lawn and shaking "appendages" with the president of the US (Good God NOT Hillary!!)?

I see nothing in the video where its the object zooming off. I DO see the optics zooming in and out and the camera having trouble staying focused on it. By the way, I have a helium tank at home and have gotten similar effect with a garbage bag lifting a string of sparklers taped together (I've launched all kinds of crazy stuff like this, including entire rolls of toilet paper!) and YES-I am employed and have better things to do with my time!
[edit on 23-1-2007 by CreeWolf]

[edit on 23-1-2007 by CreeWolf]

posted on Feb, 13 2007 @ 03:12 PM
link   
So were they chasing any thing?

What a waste if its some Japanese Lantern dropping wax all over
us.

And making a video of it so we can laugh at them.

Oh check on Project Lantern if hit the web yet.
One of those German saucers that have been exposed.

Get the real thing, German made.

Helium engines by BMW for the last 50 years.

posted on Feb, 13 2007 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by TeslaandLyne

Sorry, but we don't produce saucers nor any other "secret" spacecrafts. Before you write stuff like this, get informed and make sure no germans are on the board

[edit on 13-2-2007 by AgainstSecrecy]

posted on Feb, 13 2007 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by AgainstSecrecy

Originally posted by TeslaandLyne

Sorry, but we don't produce saucers nor any other "secret" spacecrafts. Before you write stuff like this, get informed and make sure no germans are on the board

[edit on 13-2-2007 by AgainstSecrecy]

Sorry about that, the operation was taken over in New Mexico.

I do not think saucers are secret any more, they been around for 50
years.

Sorry you object but there are sources that say so.

posted on Feb, 13 2007 @ 04:05 PM
link   
I think the clip is real, but it is not anything exotic.

Best guess, one of those "thai lanterns" (heated cylinder of paper, with large candle).

Big lantern went up, then with higher winds at altitude started swaying more, as then liquid wax came out from the 'sterno'. Those are the drippings on the IR.

Then with the wax expended, towards the end, it cooled down and when it cooled enough then it started falling and extinguishing itself and fell through some other wind layers, which is why the camera later pans apparently more downward.

These thai lanterns can look pretty cool and exotic; in the UK a group of them were "UFOs" until turned into IFOs.

If they were high enough, they'd look a whole bunch like the classic "orange balls".

posted on Feb, 13 2007 @ 04:12 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 13 2007 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Very interesting video. I have no clue at what it could be. It almost looks as though a thermite reaction is taking place in mid air.
Whatever it is, it is not a chinese lantern. You can see it SPINNING. Don't tell me its the wind making it spin either, it is spinning in a controlled manner. Besides lanterns dont emmit whatever that was if it does show me a video and I will beleive thats what it is. On to the flare scenario, ok no visible smoke, it spins and it appears to move at a high rate of speed. Not a flare in my book.

posted on May, 5 2007 @ 12:57 PM
link   

From the skylantern page posted above...

posted on May, 5 2007 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Home made hot air balloon. A good one though. There is a really cool festival in Japan were the send hundreds of these babies up. Awsome.

Issues with the FLIR. I did work work experience with the local coast guard and spent a fair bit of time flying around and playing with the FLIR. They like to drop water bombs full of hot water in to the sea and then find them - practice for night rescues.

I just didn't look right to me. And the lack of sound is a big no no.

posted on May, 5 2007 @ 01:01 PM
link   
My first thought was parachute flair, until it whizzed off.

Could someone who understands FLIR tell me whether IR emissions always equate to heat?

posted on May, 5 2007 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Thermography is the use of an infrared imaging and measurement camera to "see" and "measure" thermal energy emitted from an object. Thermal, or infrared energy, is light that is not visible because its wavelength is too long to be detected by the human eye; it's the part of the electromagnetic spectrum that we perceive as heat...continues flirthermography.com

Quite interesting.

posted on May, 5 2007 @ 02:00 PM
link   
If it is IR, then the falling blobs can be hot exhaust or hot air(eg from a balloon) or smoke from an oil well/factory (seen from above), and not necessarily solid objects !

The footage looks real, nothing CG, but it may be something ordinary which looks mysterious to our untrained eyes.

So please don't jump on conclusions. There is very little "information" in the clip. I can't read the display, never read one, so the experts here can possibly tell if it was the chopper that moved or was it really the object and whether the object is in air or on surface.

posted on May, 5 2007 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by rocksolidbrain
If it is IR, then the falling blobs can be hot exhaust or hot air(eg from a balloon) or smoke from an oil well/factory (seen from above), and not necessarily solid objects !

The footage looks real, nothing CG, but it may be something ordinary which looks mysterious to our untrained eyes.

So please don't jump on conclusions. There is very little "information" in the clip. I can't read the display, never read one, so the experts here can possibly tell if it was the chopper that moved or was it really the object and whether the object is in air or on surface.

Hot air or exhaust does not fall like in the video. It could be hot blobs of something else. My first guess was a flare but then it moves off. Now I'm leaning toward a helicopter dumping something. Illegal toxic waste dumping maybe.

[edit on 5-5-2007 by 10538]

posted on May, 5 2007 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Uh, it's pretty fascinating that it's really Identical to this video

www.youtube.com...

attempted to fix youtube video

[edit on 5-5-2007 by promomag]

posted on May, 5 2007 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Yes sure , this object it's obviuosly a thai lantern..........

posted on May, 5 2007 @ 03:40 PM
link   
With the exception of sound being needed, which it may not be provided on a FLIR recorded event?, I'd suggest you may be right ignorant_ape.
Except, the dripping. Discharges and reports and analysis submissions of 'slag" from reported UFOs has been around awhile, including vids.

Usually hoaxers when hoaxing miss (don't add) special details that are generally most known by ufological researchers through sifting through mega-reports. Certainly that doesn't make this real, but offers some suggestion.

Dallas

posted on May, 5 2007 @ 03:45 PM
link   
I would easily dismiss this video as a flare or any of the other explanations given here....
EXCEPT.
The end it shoots off at a mental speed that disappears beyond the horizon miles and miles in the distance and ive never heard of any pyro tricks that can do that and ive never known a hot air balloon do that, nor a meteor, comet, helicopter, plane, toy, swamp gas, ball lightning, the planet 'insert planet name here', space station, satelite, lighthouse, reflection, atmospheric events or any other explanation, none.
As usual when all else fails "its photoshopped", Could someone please recreate the same effect and then I will buy the photoshop story.
Somehow I dont think a recreation of the video will be posted to prove this video is fake.

posted on May, 5 2007 @ 06:17 PM
link   
I don't think it is so much a point of it being fake. Its more about what is it?
How can it be fake? No one has claimed to know what it is. It is unidentified that's all.

I would go for one of the lantern theories.

It could be someone innocently releasing a lantern type assembly for entertainment or someone deliberately setting it up knowing someone will see it.

As for hoaxers not getting all the details right. Hoaxers do not go round in a world of their own. They visit UFO websites and they are reading these boards. They are learning, eventually they will perfect hoaxing. Hell I have had a go myself years back. That's why we need more proof than a grainy video with no sound.

What is the actual provenance of the video? Is it actual official footage?
To be honest if were presented as an official vid people would probably think it a disinfo case

My burden of proof is higher than this..........

posted on May, 5 2007 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dallas
With the exception of sound being needed, which it may not be provided on a FLIR recorded event?, I'd suggest you may be right ignorant_ape.
Except, the dripping. Discharges and reports and analysis submissions of 'slag" from reported UFOs has been around awhile, including vids.

Usually hoaxers when hoaxing miss (don't add) special details that are generally most known by ufological researchers through sifting through mega-reports. Certainly that doesn't make this real, but offers some suggestion.

Dallas

Just a random thought, but could the slag be the reason these craft (if craft they are) hang around long enough to be seen. Do they break down? If zero-point energy is used, I would imagine that melting your ship to slag would be the least of your worries if it went wrong. Just a thought.

As to whether anyone would bother to fake this, I can't see why anyone would bother. Its not convincing enough to be fake, if you know what I mean. It would be more.... Billy Meier than it is. I mean, its not obviously anything, is it. People who use IR technology on a regular basis would have a better chance of interpreting what is there, but its not sensational enough to make the evening news is it?

The cops who shot the film could have told us more, though.

posted on May, 5 2007 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Looks real enough to me. Now if only our governments and scientific community would stop lying to us and admit what they know.

Did this video just get put online? Has there been any explanation as to why the Long Beach Police have waited two and a half years to release it if it just got released?

<< 1    3  4 >>

join