It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What are the rules with Werewolves?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2007 @ 06:26 PM
link   
1.There's illergic to silver.

2. Controlled by the Moon
A. Some say they bust out with no control on a full moon
B. Some say they bust out anytime they want and are most powerfull during a full moon.

3. You can be turned by the blood of another werewolf

4. You can be turned by the saliva of another werewolf

5. They are satanic evil

6. They aren't satanic evil, just people who turn

7. They can control their change, and do it a will with full control

8. They can only have full control after many centuries.

9. They live much longer than we do.

10. They live just as long.

I'm just trying to figure out all the rules for fun. anybody interest please let me know what you think.

posted on Jan, 20 2007 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Who cares they don't exist...or do they....? oooo Those seem like the "rules" I've heard.

posted on Jan, 27 2007 @ 07:06 AM
link   
Royal76

Are there rule? Seems to me that what we read and or hear about them come from old legends and folk tails.

Your quest has got me thinking, I wonder what the distribution of those legends is? Anybody have any leads on that?

If I can find anything I'll post the links.

Thanks for the idea.

posted on Jan, 27 2007 @ 07:31 AM
link   
Royal76

Here are some links that you might find useful. I'll post them both as links and as full addresses as I've had mixed results posting active links. As my surch progresses I'll post any others that you may find helpful.

Link #1

member.tripod.com...

Link #2

www.mythicalrealm.com...

Linl #3

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jan, 27 2007 @ 08:01 AM
link   
Royal

The second link should fully answer your original question. The others may be intresting likns for your intrest.

Good luck

Link #1

Link #2

[url=http://www.geocities.com/yaiolani/ancient.htm]Link #3[/url

There seems to be a major diffrence in behavior from europe and the americas.

posted on Jan, 27 2007 @ 12:18 PM
link   
This page has something that I never heard of, the names given to werewolf-like creatures in Portugal.

Bruxsa is a word that I never had heard or seen in all my life. If we take the strangelly located "s" then we get "Bruxa", and that is "witch" in Portuguese.

Cucubuth is obviously a word that is not Portuguese, and I would like to know where did they get that information. In fact, after a little search, I found some sites saying that Cucubuth was the name Avicenna gave to lycanthropy.

What I know about the Portuguese version of werewolves (lobisomens), is that they are shape-shifters like in many other European tales, and that they can change shape by rubbing themselves on the ground of some cross-roads, as my grand-mother told me.

Edit: I forgot to add that some versions say that the Portuguese werewolf wold turn not allways in a wolf but in the creature whose tracks he would cross first. Other version says that he would change to all the creatures whose tracks he would cross until the sunrise.

[edit on 27/1/2007 by ArMaP]

posted on Jan, 27 2007 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Some folklore I've heard,

Some werewolves are hairy on the inside not externally.

If you drink water from the paw print of a wolf at full moon you will become a werewolf.

If you kill a werewolf it rises again as a vampire.

Donning wolf pelts or belts made of wolf skin were said to be rituals practiced by occultists to turn them into wolves.

posted on Jan, 28 2007 @ 11:41 PM
link   
Mm Werewolves dont I love...

The rules of a werewolf arnt something we can "Assume" but I mean.. about some things like

Werewolves cant control themselves...
my thought
Werewolves CAN control themselves but... Why try? they are hungry

The rituals thing from the other person is called a Skinwalker.. which you can find elsewhere around here

And the modern day werewolf is a Therian

Some people who are considered Therian are just flat out nuts...
some just have things from being raised to make them think like a wolf... like myself >.>

I was dubbed "Therian" of a sort... because when I was little *sob story coming that most will dub fake* well my parents didnt care for me.. oh well..
and I had a wolf named Teeva .> it still slips
chewing on things- When im either really relaxed or nervous or just anxious i'll chew on whatever... Wood, bone from whatever I ate an hour ago or just the carpet
*end*

But thats just the modern idea of a were being.. and no im not some hairy dude that runs around acting like a werewolf or do I describe myself as one >.> I just have some very animalistic traits I picked of from the imitation ages from a pet that pretty much took care of me

Bear Man

Still needa pick up a permit to train animals >.> oh well illegal till I get one eh?

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 12:16 AM
link   
I know of one of the really old traditional stories.
They need a full moon
the bite of a wolf
a pentagram
and can ONLY be killed by silver.

That is all I really got. I sorta remember hearing of something to do with water. I have also heard that they did turn in to vampares if they were killed by something else then silver.

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 07:22 AM
link   
Overlooking the fact that it's not very likely that werewolves exist - you need to keep in mind that many "rules" or traits of werewolves were thought up by fiction writers such as Narnia (CS Lewis), Harry Potter (JK Rowling), Discworld (Terry Pratchet), Kelly Armstrong's works, Wolf Moon (Charles de Lint), Demonata (Darren Shan) and so on. So the "rules" will differ, depending on your source of reference.

Even if you look at common mythology you'll notice how much the Russian werewolf differs from the Native American werewolf, or even the old English or Norse werewolf.

Not to mention how much the different Hollywood werewolves differ.

In some of the "rules" all you need is a belt made of wolf skin, Russians believe a child born on 24 December will be a werewolf and the Brazilian and Portuguese believes state that the seventh born boy will be a werewolf (girls become witches...).

So you see, you won't get a standard set of "rules" or traits of how to become a werewolf, kill a werewolf, etc.

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Killed by silver, turn only in full moon, can control when ever just more powerful during full moon, etc...

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 11:56 AM
link   
they like to sniff other werewolves butts

did you get the only way to cure one is to kill the one that bit them and turned them into a werewolf ?

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 04:36 PM
link   
most people dont belive in werewolves and all that stuff about turning into a werewolf at full moon is # they are just more powerful....................... i know this for a fact because i am one

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 05:14 PM
link   
They were born out of folklore during a time when a large percentage of local wild wolves went rabid and started going into villiages and attacking people?

As far as mythos, yes Silver Bullets. And Gypsies have quite a few suggestions to help ward them off as well....I understand just having Wolfbane growin gin one's garden was supposed to deter the human/wolf hybrid. Something about the smell, akin to Vampires and garlic...

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 01:52 PM
link   
My ancestors were Romany and my Grandmother used
to sometimes talk about 'the olde ways'.

Silver is a easy conductor, and it was said that earth's
energy, or magnetism can control and subdue the beast.
Salt, or the dust from God's sandals, is a fear of Werewolves.

In certain circles, Jesus is believed to be born on the 6th
January, 29 days later (a lunar month), the Wolf Moon
appears and it is said that anyone born on 4th-5th February
holds the Shape-shifting gift.

Oak wood can kill Werewolves, the cup of the acorn represents
the Grail, the hairless acorn represents humanity and the wolf
man must be harnessed and his human side must succeed.
The Tannin from the tree, used by leather workers on hides
is another part of the curse, I'll not belay the connection.

Finally, a large oak shaft with a solid silver nail in it, will
banish the Werewolf from your door.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Knowing the ATS'ers in the Cryptid forums, this chat of werewolf rules could go on forever and ever. So, let me throw in my two cents.

You are never gonna get a set of were-wolf "rules" until were-wolves of myth are proven true. Depending on the place and continent, the rules with vary leaps and bounds. The general rules are transform at full moon, killed by silver and half-man half-wolf creature. Bet you already knew that though, didn't you?

What you may not know is that even those three rules are said to be stupid. Some say were-wolves can transform whenever they want too. Some say the full moon just strengthes them. You can only be turned into a were-wolf on the blood moon. They turn into full wolves that are twice the size of regular ones. They can't cross open bodies of water. Can not cross onto holy ground.

These rules are debated every single day. Yet not one of them can be debunked, not even the ones that contridict each other. The only way to get a complete list of were-wolves and their rules, is to ask one of them yourselfs. Until that becomes possible, the were-wolf shall always remain one of the more elusive cryptids.

On another side note, the one rule I've always heard that has never be debated, wolves can be killed by silver... Now I found this interesting. I mean, why silver? Why not some other metal or type of weapon? What is it about silver that makes the wolf die or turn human? After all, every myth has a image of truth in it, no matter how small that truth might be.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Dear humans of the internet,

My name is Faust Ricktofen and I am a real werewolf. If you couldn't guess I am human but that is only because when any beast comes to this reality from the plains we must take human form. Now let me tell you a bit about your friendly werewolf.

1. We are family oriented.
2. We can control our change.
3. We are not blood thirsty killers (Unless it comes to Vampires)
4. We are extremely sexual.
5. The werewolf gene is passed through sexual means (A.K.A. Werewolf is like a std)
6. We heal extremely fast (if you are a human and suspect that you are a werewolf you will heal wounds faster then those around you)
7. We get angry easily and we choose to let our animal side out (aka loose control) when we are mad.
and finally
8. WE DO NOT LIKE TO QUIT OR LOSE!!!!!!!

If you are having all of these symptoms please contact a psychic.

Thank you and have a nice day.
P.S Don't bite your mate too hard you will take chunks.

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 05:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Royal76
1.There's illergic to silver.

2. Controlled by the Moon
A. Some say they bust out with no control on a full moon
B. Some say they bust out anytime they want and are most powerfull during a full moon.

3. You can be turned by the blood of another werewolf

4. You can be turned by the saliva of another werewolf

5. They are satanic evil

6. They aren't satanic evil, just people who turn

7. They can control their change, and do it a will with full control

8. They can only have full control after many centuries.

9. They live much longer than we do.

10. They live just as long.

I'm just trying to figure out all the rules for fun. anybody interest please let me know what you think.

About damn #ing time some one has a clue whay their talking about.... and what if u are a phycic to a extent? Because i allready preducted my future a couple of times... and so far... its still posable to come true... so atleast some one is brace enough to explain the full and true rules

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 04:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: therealwolf90
Dear humans of the internet,

My name is Faust Ricktofen and I am a real werewolf. If you couldn't guess I am human but that is only because when any beast comes to this reality from the plains we must take human form. Now let me tell you a bit about your friendly werewolf.

1. We are family oriented.
2. We can control our change.
3. We are not blood thirsty killers (Unless it comes to Vampires)
4. We are extremely sexual.
5. The werewolf gene is passed through sexual means (A.K.A. Werewolf is like a std)
6. We heal extremely fast (if you are a human and suspect that you are a werewolf you will heal wounds faster then those around you)
7. We get angry easily and we choose to let our animal side out (aka loose control) when we are mad.
and finally
8. WE DO NOT LIKE TO QUIT OR LOSE!!!!!!!

If you are having all of these symptoms please contact a psychic.

Thank you and have a nice day.
P.S Don't bite your mate too hard you will take chunks.
this was actualy the qiote i ment to use for some reason it used thd owners thread

top topics

join