It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who INVENTED god?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2003 @ 03:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by billybob
the moon and sun appear as the EXACT same size observed from earth.

Gee, that proves something.

Originally posted by billybob
why does everyone lump religion and god together? the nature of 'god'(if it exists) is unknowable by puny man. puny man can not disprove god. i laugh and god laughs with me.

I think it's the RELIGIONS that claim ownership of God (i.e. lumping together) not those that question religions.

As for laughing, it is just as possible there is no God as there is one. Or that humanity owes it's "God Spark" to Aliens of less than divine nature. I try not to laugh at anything but myself. He who laughs first rarely laughs last.

Cite: that crazy heretic Galileo

posted on Dec, 15 2003 @ 03:22 AM
link   
As soon as you try to explain one theory, up pops the oppsosite?

Both will hold true - everything and nothing?

Maybe it was supposed to be like this so we would just keep going, nothing being finite!

Its beautiful dont you think! Or ugly of course...

posted on Dec, 15 2003 @ 04:10 AM
link   
If there's a God it is sure to be absolutely nothing like what is depicted in major religions. These Gods are just tribal leaders with human traits, catering to human insecurities and keeping them in line with reward/punishment mechanisms. Whatever created this universe probably doesn't give a rat's behind about particular invidivuals. Yahweh didn't save Jews before the holocaust, Jesus didn't save christians from the Romans, and Allah won't save Muslims from dictators or Bush's random attacks on "terrorism."

posted on Dec, 15 2003 @ 07:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by ashley

in response to your silly trap,time doesnt exist either.
time is how man documents growth and erosion.

Of course I know that time doesn't exist. You think I didn't know that?

since the beginning of time would refer the beginning of documentation.

We don't even know exactly when the beginning of documentation was.

virtually all earlier civilisations slept on dirt too,probably ate it at times,it doesnt mean it is smart.

What kind of nonsense is this?

for backing up my claim about religions being created for power seeking priests.just look around,what do you see.the very wealthy and powerful lieing to your face on sunday and every other day.screwing your children and taking your money.only the weak stupid or masochistic would worship.

Umm.... I thought you were talking about God being created for power. God and religion isn't the same you know. You mentioned earlier about God being created, or did you forget that already?

powerful people dont beleive in god unless they got that power easily and didnt have to think for it.

That's just your opinion. The opposite could also be true.

thinking people arent believers in things that dont exist.

Then why did Einstein for example, believe in a "thing that doesn't exist" ? In his own way, he believed that there is a God. Believers in a God do not always belong to a religion.

condor.stcloudstate.edu...

they are normal,religious people are not normal.they are gullible,comfortable being stupid and afraid.

So about 85% of the worlds population is not normal???

www.cia.gov...

posted on Dec, 15 2003 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by ashley
athiest is a religious term,i dont use it.people who dont believe in things that arent real ,already have a group.they are called sane.people who do believe in things that arent real have a group too.they are called insane or religious.

So we are sure that only about 2.44 % of the worlds population is sane.

www.cia.gov...

posted on Dec, 15 2003 @ 07:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by DjNothing

...and by the way........why is everyone referring to this 'god' character as 'he'? Isnt that a human characteristic.
(in other words.....we did create "him")

Did you see everyone referring to that god character as him???

posted on Dec, 15 2003 @ 07:50 AM
link   
i think it's silly that people still refer to GOD as a "he". i mean, does he have a penis? is that not one of the major things that distinguishes the sexes? if anything, GOD would just be, an "it" if you will. or an "everywhere" or an "everything". drop this gender bull#. the only affiliation i can see to him being portrayed as male, would have to be his protective/sheltering attitude, and random bursts of anger/holy vengence. not to mention unforgiving at times. maybe if GOD forgave the devil, then things wouldn't be so bad, given the circumstance that that's how it is. but besides that, i hope i haven't just insulted any chance of us men of being decent dudes. we arnt that bad are we?!

posted on Dec, 15 2003 @ 08:16 AM
link   
First thing man has to do is to try to understand who or what God is. Some sounds like they already know everything about God.

My first thought is "men invented God" at least the God everyone seems to be talking about. But what else do we know about God ? If you examine all God said, and all other peoples said about God, than my personal conclusion is: "We can be Gods too" !

There is no such thing as a "miracle" everything can be explained if you know enough about it. Remember that ancient peoples didn't have the same technology we have. So for me God is nothing more but an Alien race that came to this planet and use their technology to impress the ancient folks, that didn't know they could do the same things God could.

I can be wrong though...

posted on Dec, 15 2003 @ 08:18 AM
link   
we all could be wrong though... about everything...

posted on Dec, 15 2003 @ 08:20 AM
link   
That's why it's never good to say that "I am 100% sure". And that it's good to say "IMO".

posted on Dec, 15 2003 @ 08:26 AM
link   
About the creation of man, we read in the book of Genesis: And God said, Let us make man according to our image. . . And God made man, according to the image of God He made him (1:26, 27).
Here we find one of the Old Testament indications of the Holy Trinity and it tells us that we were created in the image not of a single Person, but of a plurality of Persons.
Christ prayed to the Father,
That they may be one,
as we are (John 17:11).
This prayer can be fulfilled only if we aspire to love.

Colossians 1:15: �Christ is the image of the invisible God;� Hebrews 1:3: �The Son is the radiance of God�s glory and the exact representation of his being;� Genesis 1:26: �Let us make man in our image;� and Jesus himself said, �If you have seen me you have seen the Father.�

If we persist in unbelief and rebellion against our Creator Who alone can regenerate us, we lose our personalities forever through our "second death" in hell (Matthew 25:41; Re~2O:14-15).

Christ solemnly warns us that "whoever desires to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for my sake will find it.
For what profit is it to a man if he gains the whole world, and loses his own soul? Or what will a man give in exchange for his soul?" (Matthew 16:25-26).
The well-known English "apostle to the skeptics" of our time, C. S. Lewis (1898-1968), wrote that:

The more we get what we now call "ourselves" out of the way and let [Christ] take us over, the more truly ourselves we become.....our real selves are all waiting for us in Him.
It is no good trying to "be myself' without Him.
The more I resist Him and try to live on my own, the more I become dominated by my own heredity and upbringing and surroundings and natural desires.... It is when I turn to Christ, when I give myself up to His Personality, that I first begin to have a real personality of my own.
I said there were Personalities in God. I will go further now. There are no real personalities anywhere else. Until you have given up your self to Him you will not have a real self. 10

www.creationism.org...

posted on Dec, 15 2003 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Boris
Any ideas who INVENTED God?

I think god invented himself, because he was too bored just drinking beer and listening to rock'n'roll

posted on Dec, 15 2003 @ 08:42 AM
link   
i think the creater of this thread should of posted a little bit more instead of "Any ideas". I don't think God was invented, but if God(s) created us who created God(s)? do gods have their gods???

posted on Dec, 15 2003 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Airplanes thousands of years ago

Dropa discs in museum

Anatomic war thousands of years ago

Describtion of the Ark of the Covenant in the Zohar

The Mannamachine from the Zohar

Gospel of Thomas

God wasn't invented, also look at Ezekiel chapter one and Job chapter 42, next to this I could also give you all the connection between the religions around the world,

[Edited on 19-12-2003 by LeenBekkemaa]

posted on Dec, 15 2003 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
i think the creater of this thread should of posted a little bit more instead of "Any ideas". I don't think God was invented, but if God(s) created us who created God(s)? do gods have their gods???

Look at the Egyptians and the Dogontribe, the Gods Ra and Isis were created by other Gods (most probably from Orion, Ursa minor, Ursa Mayor or Virgo)... guess where the other Gods come from... the Gods for which the Gods of Christ (Sirius) made the first commandment to humans: you shall not worship other Gods...

Wait I have also the citate itself:

Egyptian book of the death
O thou First, Great God (PAUTA), who didst come into being of thine own accord

Pauta was the God which created the other Gods (also the God of Christ) Lucifer came from Orion for as far as I can see, and in the Dogontribe Pauta is called Emma (or was it Amma?).

posted on Dec, 15 2003 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by LeenBekkemaa

God wasn't invented, also look at Ezekiel chapter one and Job chapter 42, next to this I could also give you all the connection between the religions around the world,

see ya

god was invented at the same time religion was invented and both were invented by human beings.

posted on Dec, 15 2003 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by squintingcat
god was invented at the same time religion was invented and both were invented by human beings.

Good arguments

posted on Dec, 15 2003 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by pantha
so if there were a god do you think that it might wonder if it was created by a higher being?

I didn't refer to god as male but I suppose it depends on what boris meant when he asked the question . Did you mean who first came up with the idea that there was "A" god or who first thought up the idea that god was a white haired bearded man sitting up in heaven?

posted on Dec, 15 2003 @ 12:10 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 15 2003 @ 01:28 PM
link   

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join