It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who INVENTED god?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2003 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Any ideas who INVENTED God?

posted on Dec, 14 2003 @ 06:38 PM
link   
How about God invented him- or herself???

posted on Dec, 14 2003 @ 06:41 PM
link   
The Void.

Every Yin creates it's own Yang.

posted on Dec, 14 2003 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Don't question Him...just respect the universe that He created.

posted on Dec, 14 2003 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Why can't we question him. If I was God, I would appreciate very much if my creations questioned themselves and me. It means that they're thinking and not accepting some things at face value.

posted on Dec, 14 2003 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by xenongod
Don't question Him...just respect the universe that He created.

OMIGOD... sounds like watching FOX News talk about Bush!!!

posted on Dec, 14 2003 @ 06:51 PM
link   
In fact, I think God does appreciate it if we would question him and the reality around us. Makes us stronger and wiser in every way. And it also increases our respect for his creation IMO.

posted on Dec, 14 2003 @ 06:54 PM
link   
probably the first person that had the need to understand why they exsisted and and how,and the idea of god fitted the bill.

posted on Dec, 14 2003 @ 06:58 PM
link   
come on.it has been known since the beginning of time that there is no god.the idea of a god was created by some that wanted to gain control of the others.it worked but not as good as they had planned.the only ones they got control over are the weak and stupid.god is for children and babies.the bible has been proved over and over to be nothing more than a compilation of previous stories with name changes.it is silly,nonsense to talk about god with any sort of seriousness.grow up.

posted on Dec, 14 2003 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by ashley
come on.it has been known since the beginning of time that there is no god.

Since which beginning? When? Virtually all of the earlier civilations had a creator or deity that they worshipped.

the idea of a god was created by some that wanted to gain control of the others.it worked but not as good as they had planned.

Can you back up this claim? And why is it that there are so many different religions and that almost all of them had belief in a god, godess or multiple gods?

the only ones they got control over are the weak and stupid.god is for children and babies.

Then why do so many powerful people, politians, scientists, business magnates, royalty etc... believe in a God?

the bible has been proved over and over to be nothing more than a compilation of previous stories with name changes.

I don't believe that everything in the bible is true either. The scriptures had a time period of at least 1000 years that they could have been and probably have been tampered with.

it is silly,nonsense to talk about god with any sort of seriousness.grow up.

Then why did people such as Albert Einstein discuss God with seriousness???

Btw. The idea of a God is not solely of the christian religions.

posted on Dec, 14 2003 @ 07:15 PM
link   
no one invented God. God always was and always will be.

posted on Dec, 14 2003 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheBandit795
How about God invented him- or herself???

i like what your trying to get at bandit.

posted on Dec, 14 2003 @ 07:21 PM
link   
KrazyIvan,

I read a book that says that God is constantly reinventing itself. And it wants to know what is. Being that there is only God, that would be impossible to in the state that God was in. So it split itself trillions and trillions of times to create the illusion of individuality and duality.

And duality is necessary to know anything. You can't know what is left, without knowing what is right. Up & down, back & front, right & wrong etc...

posted on Dec, 14 2003 @ 07:29 PM
link   
so if there were a god do you think that it might wonder if it was created by a higher being?

posted on Dec, 14 2003 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Boris
Any ideas who INVENTED God?

Who invented God? No one. He is Alpha and Omega, the begining and the end. He always has been, and always will be.

If you know anything about 4th dimention theories, it's believed that the universe exists in the 4th dimention, time. And in so doing, exists, will exist, and has always existed. Big bang goes to big crunch goes to big bang.

Now with that in mind, God created the universe. He was around before the creation of time. He created time, time didn't create Him. God didn't have to invent himself, because he always was.

Have a nive day

The Jungle

posted on Dec, 14 2003 @ 07:37 PM
link   
I think it was idiots. That or primitive people without the means to explain everyday occurances and, needed something as an answer for everything. I'm pretty sure only idiots still believe in him.

posted on Dec, 14 2003 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by NotTooHappy
I think it was idiots. That or primitive people without the means to explain everyday occurances and, needed something as an answer for everything. I'm pretty sure only idiots still believe in him.

That's pretty sad that you would be such a biggot. Are you proud to be such a biggot, or even recognise you are? You just called every Christian, Jew, Muslim, etc. an idiot. Does that do your momma proud?

posted on Dec, 14 2003 @ 08:11 PM
link   
look guys theres no point in tring to understand god....the reasons why or why not he exsists. because god is ultimate and can be understood by no one as he is beyond our thinking ability.

posted on Dec, 14 2003 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by pantha
so if there were a god do you think that it might wonder if it was created by a higher being?

Nothing exists outside The All. The All is One. Kind of
like what TheBandit795 said.

The Supreme Infinite Consciousness has always existed.
There's no explaining it.

Yes religions were created to control people. But that's
not say that there aren't many underlying principles to
be learned from them, that directly apply to YOU and ALL.

To those who deny the existence of
"God", The Most
High, The One, The All, Allah, whatever you want to call
the Supreme Consciousness; you deny what is inside
of you and in front of you.

ONE

[Edited on 14-12-2003 by Tamahu]

posted on Dec, 14 2003 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by junglejake

Originally posted by NotTooHappy

That's pretty sad that you would be such a biggot. Are you proud to be such a biggot, or even recognise you are? You just called every Christian, Jew, Muslim, etc. an idiot. Does that do your momma proud?

Yes, I'm proud to be a bigot. Are you proud to hold back scientific progress because "God" doesn't want people to do things, even if they may save lives?(Stem cell research, cloning etc...) Are you proud that more people have died going to war in the name of "God" than any other wars? I'm sure my mother would be proud. I was raised by athiests. I have never know religion to do great amounts of good. It mostly causes war and retards progress. I may have just insulted every Christian, Jew, Muslim, etc but, they insult and kill each other every day, because they believe that they are "Gods" chosen people. Does that clear thing up a bit.

[Edited on 12/14/03 by NotTooHappy]

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join