It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Saddam Hussein arrested

page: 19
<< 16  17  18   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2003 @ 10:48 AM
link   

After discussing the death penalty, Bush told ABC, "But that will be decided, not by the president of the United States, but by the citizens of Iraq in one form or another."

That's all I was trying to say.

Bush says he wants the people of Iraq to be the ones to decide what will be done to Hussein. So, I would appreciate if people would stop misrepresenting that. I don't, quite frankly, care the slightest bit what Hussein's "translator" said. The president of the United States says his plan is for the trial to take place by the citizens of Iraq. Instead of interviewing each and every one of Saddam's bitches, why don't we give things a chance and see if President Bush's comments are what holds true. If different developments occur, and the US tries to make it a private trial held on some military base, well then hey, I'm with you that it's wrong. But until I'm given reason to complain about it, I really don't care what his translator (who must be out of a job now), his lawn mower, or his waiter has to say about anything.

posted on Dec, 18 2003 @ 11:16 AM
link   
A trial of Saddam in a venue not in Iraq, like, say the Hague, is very problematic for the Bush administration. He could very well give testimony implicating people in the Reagan/Bush administrations of crimes commited against humanity and supplying him with those weapons used. Look for a very quick trial in Iraq by Iraqis followed by his death by firing squad.

posted on Dec, 18 2003 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Djarums: Except that President Bush is a lying sack of excrement. Anything he says is suspect. So if he says the Iraqis will decide what happens to Saddam it means jack squat.

He probably has to check with Dick Cheney first, anyway.

jak

posted on Dec, 18 2003 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Bush is doing a good job and what does he have to care what you think Jakomo?

I hope he unveils Osama at the exact best time to ensure a republican win so that we can kick the butt of the left again.

As long as the boys are behind bars somewhere then I am happy.

posted on Dec, 18 2003 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Djarums
he gassed 400,000 Kurds.

You and they Kurds/Iraqis and US gov..

Really need to decide already!

One day its 10k, next 30k, than it is 100k, changes to 300k, then 1 million and now 400k..

posted on Dec, 18 2003 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Here's a very interesting article. It takes quotes from many different sources and points out what a precarious situation Saddam's capture and trial could be for Bush and his cronies. Here's a sample and the link:

9/11 Widow Wants to Question Saddam BEFORE the Bush Machine Can Block the Truth

"Ellen Mariani, wife of Louis Neil Mariani, who died when United Air Lines flight 175 was flown into the South Tower of the World Trade Center on 911 announced today, in the wake of the capture of Saddam Hussein, she will seek an extraordinary writ by the Honorable Court to immediately depose Saddam Hussein, a critical witness to support the merits of her RICO Act cause of action against Defendant George W. Bush, et. al." Mrs. Mariani wants to ask Saddam for the truth about Bush I and Reagan's collusion with Saddam in the past and the possible bearing this has on the events of 9/11 - BEFORE Bush "justice" blocks the truth through every means at its disposal.
www.tomflocco.com...
the article: www.rense.com...

*Some folks won't even look at this article because the link is Rense.com. Check it out anyway, because it pulls from various sources. It discusses many of the questions surrounding Saddam's capture and fate.

posted on Dec, 18 2003 @ 11:54 AM
link   
The Iranians gassed the Kurds, not Saddam. Not to say he isn't a murderous tyrant, but he didn't gas the Kurds in Halabja. They were dead by a blood agent, and all the Iraqis had was mustard gas.

I can't imagine Saddam making it to trial, he has far too much information that could embarass many of the superpowers.

He'll end up slipping in the shower and breaking his neck or something. Spontaneuos combustion. Accidentally swallowing a grenade, etc.

jako

posted on Dec, 18 2003 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jakomo

The Iranians gassed the Kurds, not Saddam. Not to say he isn't a murderous tyrant, but he didn't gas the Kurds in Halabja. They were dead by a blood agent, and all the Iraqis had was mustard gas.

I can't imagine Saddam making it to trial, he has far too much information that could embarass many of the superpowers.

He'll end up slipping in the shower and breaking his neck or something. Spontaneuos combustion. Accidentally swallowing a grenade, etc.

jako

Hey Jak,
To be fair, the truth of the Halabja atrocity, after independent investigations was actually this: Saddam gassed the Iranians with what the U.S. supplied him and the Iranians gassed the Iraqis back. The evidence indicated that it was, in fact, Iran's gas that killed the civilians caught in the crossfire. It burns me up how in every single mainstream article/account you read referring to that incident, Iran's culpibility is oh so conveniently left out.

There's no way the Bush administration is gonna let Saddam be tried in an international court. His testimony could damage Bush beyond imagining.

posted on Dec, 18 2003 @ 12:12 PM
link   
I know that this will become the lefts new rallying cry but a trial is not a circus either. The judge has power to decide which questions are asked and which testimony is relevant.

This is not a 'conversation with Barbara Walters' where Saddam can talk about what he wants.

posted on Dec, 18 2003 @ 12:18 PM
link   
It depends. It depends on what kind of court they wind up in. If its just Iraqis, he'll be executed quickly. If it is built on the Sierra Leone model (a mix of Iraqi and international judges) it will be interesting. If it goes to the Hague, it could be very long and drawn out. Again, there's no way the Bush administration will allow that to happen. The quicker Iraqis dispose of Saddam the better for Bush.

posted on Dec, 22 2003 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by darklanser
Do you think someone took out a little pent up frustration on 'ol Saddam??? (not that he didn't have it coming !) I know stuff like this happens sometimes in police arrests. The suspect just slipped and hit his head your honor. I swear.

I knew it had to be true.
msnbc.msn.com...

In fact, as Saddam was being handcuffed, he began to struggle with his captors. He spat at the soldiers. One of the commandos decked him, either with a punch or a rifle butt. (The military later tidied up the story of his capture for popular consumption.)

posted on Dec, 22 2003 @ 09:12 AM
link   
I have hitten a person with rifle butt..

Belive me when i tell you..

Saddam wasnt hit with riflle butt..

As that does make much worse 'marks'..

*Edit*

Option number two..

He was hit with rifle butt..

By very weak person..

[Edited on 22-12-2003 by FULCRUM]

new topics

top topics

<< 16  17  18   >>

join