It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian missles delivered to Iran!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2007 @ 05:56 AM
link   

Look at it from a reverse perspective, the US did nothing in WW2 until it was attacked by Japan and it ultimately exacted nuclear revenge.

Well the government knew of the attack at least 1 week before the attack... they needed the attack to have the support to enter WW2, because if not they wouldn't have the support to enter it... In the end it was wise... but hey, it cost too many lives.

Good for Iran to protect themselves from any foreign aggressor... The problem is that the US will use nuclear bunker buster, and the iranian population won't like that at all... they might turn against the US... helping them to overthrow their government, maybe, but nuking them, NO WAY.

posted on Jan, 17 2007 @ 07:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo

Look at it from a reverse perspective, the US did nothing in WW2 until it was attacked by Japan and it ultimately exacted nuclear revenge.

Well the government knew of the attack at least 1 week before the attack... they needed the attack to have the support to enter WW2, because if not they wouldn't have the support to enter it... In the end it was wise... but hey, it cost too many lives.

Good for Iran to protect themselves from any foreign aggressor... The problem is that the US will use nuclear bunker buster, and the iranian population won't like that at all... they might turn against the US... helping them to overthrow their government, maybe, but nuking them, NO WAY.

you dont think iran will use nuclear force? theyre like a scorpion. they wont attack untill the time is right, but, when they do attack, i think it will be too late to react.

posted on Jan, 17 2007 @ 07:36 AM
link   

you dont think iran will use nuclear force? theyre like a scorpion. they wont attack untill the time is right, but, when they do attack, i think it will be too late to react.

Well, first, they won't have nuclear weapons until at least 10 years. When they have them, they won't nuke Israël until being heavily threatenned because the mullahs wants to keep their power in Iran, if they would be that crazy, they would have attacked Israël long ago with their chemicals and biologicals weapons. They don't want to be crushed by the 200 nuclear warheads of Israël.

posted on Jan, 17 2007 @ 07:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211
So, here's the key question for you. Which is worse and what should the U.S. do (or have done) - wait to be attacked before responding, or execute a pre-emptive strike to keep from being attacked? You can't have it both ways ...

All I ask is for people that are still in school to finish (and pass!) their history classes before posting such as we see above.

[edit on 1/17/2007 by centurion1211]

Hmm...interesting,you say that U.S can invade,destroy,humiliate and so on every country that would be posibbly(remember the evidence of chemicla weapons in Iraq)be a treat!!! When so than *snip* human rights,*snip* sovereignty,*snip* democracy, lets grab some AK-47 and kill everyone who we dont like!!!

And i can not understand whos have giving the U.S rights to play world police???Sit in your country,eat your McDonalds and listen to Hip-Hop!!
Why the hell in a world you have to give democracy in a country that are so far away???

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 1/17/2007 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Jan, 17 2007 @ 08:07 AM
link   
While everybody plan, dream and think of the possibilities of Iran down fall . . .

Iran doesn't have nuclear weapons, US and Israel does.

Iran has a bigger population so just like in Iraq the genocides of civilians will be again in the hands of the Bush administration, without punishment, regrets and sorrow.

This is how our administration works appealing to the less hartless of our nations patriots for support against a people and a civilization far older and different than supposedly us is.

How sad our nation have become in the pursue of private agendas.

Shame on those that believe what this administration is doing.

posted on Jan, 17 2007 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dazzler22

I wounder what other means of 'defense' russia has sold to iran? russia should be ashamed of itself!

What! you got to be kidding me! ashamed! Rubbish, this is normal business, US and UK have been doing this to dodgy countrys for years!

the best example is a young Rummy delivering arms to saddam, but thats only the tip of the ice burge.

why is it that people never remember the past.......

Daz Out.

History is rewritten, and people forget. The few who remember or do research are an insignificant minority.
When the general masses are told the truth it's all just "propaganda" and "lies," and if they are shown supporting video then it's "spin."
The US government is too busy remembering it's lines and stage directions to be bothered with inconsequential truths and facts.
Truths and facts don't inspire people anyway

posted on Jan, 17 2007 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Russia is selling Iran weapons. So what? Every country has a right to arm itself against aggressors in my opinion.

There has been a lot of talk about Iran seeking nuclear weaponry, and the argument is that they would use it on Israel. This just won't happen, it would be suicide for Iran.

This reminds me of when we went to war with Iraq. Because they had WMD's. I have NEVER been given a reasonable explanation as to why Iraq having weaponry put the West in any real danger, (not that they did have anything).

[edit on 17-1-2007 by CaptainLazy]

posted on Jan, 17 2007 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by mazzroth

Centurion no disrespect but your patriotism blinds you, the simple fact I was protraying was that both sides play dirty.

May I suggest that your hatred for the U.S. and willingness to blame it for all of the world's problems suggests that you are also blinded - but in a negative way.

You say my history is skewed ? ok fair comment and I may have not presented my case for the layman or idiot.

You seem to understand what you wrote, and that's really all that's important.

War is war, don't forget that and if you are giong to scream "thats unfair that the Iranians have gone and bought arms to defend itself... they can't do that ! only the US can do that" then your a bloody idiot!!!!!!

As usual, the world is not so simplistic as you seem to believe. For example, there's the problem that before the events you speak of iran started threatening neighboring countries with extermination and also issued threats against the U.S. Then there's the well known fact that many of the IED's used to kill U.S. soldiers are being manufactured in iran. So, if you want to look at the bigger picture, iran may have brought this on itself. A non-belligerent iran would really have no need to purchase a bunch of weapons of any kind. They also would not need to pursue a nuclear program - since they are sitting on tons of oil - that could easily be modified for military use. A non-belligerant iran would be an ideal trading partner for many countries due to it's many natural resources.

As for your name calling, well, you need only look in your mirror.

posted on Jan, 17 2007 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Russia is selling Iran nukes.

I think I missed something? Where does it says that Russia is selling Iran nukes? Nowhere? Ah, that's what I thought... Russia selling defensive anti-air weaponry, yeah. But Russia selling Iran nukes? The US would go crazy about that... if it would be true.

Then there's the well known fact that many of the IED's used to kill U.S. soldiers are being manufactured in iran.

In the first place, WHY are you in Iraq? For lies! So if you don't CAUSE anything, you don't get killed.

No Iraq invasion = no IEDs killing US troops.

Return of troops to US = no more troops being killed by IEDs.

I'll remind you that the elections spoke, the MAJORITY of americans wants the troops OUT OF IRAQ, not IN IRAN. So your little BS about Iran being the evil terrorists, you can keep it. Go back home, that's what the people wants. People don't want a police state, don't want torture, don't want a dictator for president, don't want soldiers dying for Halliburton, don't want to merge with Mexico and Canada, don't want toll roads, don't want restricted free speech, ect. I ask you a question, if the government does EVERYTHING against his people's will, is it still a democracy? And yet you want to bring that kind of democracy in other parts of the world? Shame on you, you want to bring to others what you hate yourself.

IMO, Bush will confirm or not the Iran war in his State of the union next week.

[edit on 17-1-2007 by Vitchilo]

posted on Jan, 17 2007 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by swesais

So, here's the key question for you. Which is worse and what should the U.S. do (or have done) - wait to be attacked before responding, or execute a pre-emptive strike to keep from being attacked? You can't have it both ways ...

Hmm...interesting,you say that U.S can invade,destroy,humiliate and so on every country that would be posibbly(remember the evidence of chemicla weapons in Iraq)be a treat!!! When so than *snip* human rights,*snip* sovereignty,*snip* democracy, lets grab some AK-47 and kill everyone who we dont like!!!

Go back and read your history again. Iraq used chemical weapons against some of its own people. Guess that means they had them, right?
As for the rest of your comment, by the time the mod was done taking out the profanity, it doesn't make any sense - if it originally did.
But in this sentence:

lets grab some AK-47 and kill everyone who we dont like!!!

Are you referring to the U.S.? Because that sounds much more like what the radical islamists are doing.

And i can not understand whos have giving the U.S rights to play world police???Sit in your country,eat your McDonalds and listen to Hip-Hop!!
Why the hell in a world you have to give democracy in a country that are so far away???

With this statement, you show your basic ignorance of the American people. Check a little deeper before posting further about any of us. And didn't your people receive democracy when the soviet union fell less than 20 years ago? Maybe you're younger than that and can't remember what it was like before you could say anything you want. People like living in freedom, they don't want to be slaves to a totalitarian government, It's that simple.

[edit: fixed missing [/quote] tag]

[edit on 1/17/2007 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Jan, 17 2007 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
I think I missed something? Where does it says that Russia is selling Iran nukes?

Sorry I meant weapons. Edited.

posted on Jan, 17 2007 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Hay Mr “Fox News Ambassador” (centurion1211) you really did interpret what I had to say wrongly. I sincerely do not wish for more British and American servicemen to die; in the same way I sincerely do not wish us to do what we have done to Iraq to Iran.
But if we do, do that (and therefore more British servicemen and women do die); then all I can say is that with these Russian missiles hopefully the political implications will have a good impact against the Demo-Rep or Con-Lab political institutions back home. But saying “every cloud has silver lining” does not mean you wish for more clouds (at least as far as I concerned anyway).
Because if nothing else there are other ways these political institutions back home will change; time itself will change them (no doubt in part powered by the folly of their current mistakes in the Mid East, and incorrect attitudes which continue to drive them in these last few years (at least that is.).

So thanks el-madmaster for putting him right on that one.

As for centurion1211’s point about a Fox News possibly supporting a pre-emptive strike against Japan in 1941; I would just say the same is probably equally true with regards to the Cuban missiles crises.

Fox news seems to support pre-emptive strikes against just about anything (even their own political staff) not least, whatever the latest Pentagon fed paranoia happens to be inspired apron.

Oh America…

By the way here is a link about America accidentally supplying weapons to Iran: www.abovetopsecret.com...
I guess with Russia (being what it is) the officials there decided that rather than trying to prevent weapons sales to Iran (and so as well as failing getting little or no tax revenue) they thought they may as well do it openly instead (makes sense; especially if the Pentagon (no matter how unwittingly) promises to spoil the market first).
Therefore before all else this constitutes a damn good reason for Russian policy remaining the same (for now at least) (if only in my opinion).

posted on Jan, 17 2007 @ 04:01 PM
link   
why get so worked up over this, Iran already has Shahab-3 that can strike anywhere within 2000km

posted on Jan, 17 2007 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Cenurion

You are like a dog with a bone
but I have to state here and now that you may have read my post's but all you took out of them was that I was Anti-US and that I hate your freedoms...

I am Anit-WAR get it ??????? Ill spell it out for you..A.N.T.I. W.A.R. how ever you could have construed it as being Anti-US is exactly how the Fox network twist's stuff and I strongly suspect you excercise some discernment with information being written here ok mate.

posted on Jan, 17 2007 @ 04:47 PM
link   

why get so worked up over this, Iran already has Shahab-3 that can strike anywhere within 2000km

I suppose it’s because we are all “nationalist” if it’s America selling weapons to Iran everybody just goes “what do you expect?” (As if to prove this, the thread I gave has had a fraction of the responses compared to this one).
But if it’s Russia that’s selling weapons to Iran, it’s like oh no!!! Its KGB land, run by ValidDeath Putin, evil (very evil).
And you have to admit the idea of Russia selling something is a lot more scary than the idea of America selling it. Even though in reality it’s probably the other way around (especially if America didn’t intend the sale, as that means it could apply to almost anything else).
What was that about them getting nukes?

[edit on 090705 by Liberal1984]

posted on Jan, 17 2007 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Liberal1984
I suppose it’s because we are all “nationalist” if it’s America selling weapons to Iran everybody just goes “what do you expect?” (As if to prove this, the thread I gave has had a fraction of the responses compared to this one).
But if it’s Russia that’s selling weapons to Iran, it’s like oh no!!! Its KGB land, run by ValidDeath Putin, evil (very evil).
[edit on 090705 by Liberal1984]

Interesting. Your avatar says you live in the U.K. So, exactly how does it matter to you whether the U.S. or the russians are selling weapons to anyone - as long as it's not the scotch, irish, or argentinians? Your country is supposed to be an ally of the U.S. Why so eager to support the russian side in this (and other?) threads?

posted on Jan, 17 2007 @ 06:06 PM
link   
www.msnbc.msn.com...

HAHAHAHA the US will sell anything to anyone and here is the proof. When it attacks Iran it will be going up against 300+ F14 Tomcats supplied and maintained by itself.

I will point out again why Saddam was so mad about the US invasion over WMD and specifically Bio Weapons like CS rounds, Rumsfeld sold them to him in a legitamite deal back in the 80's. Talk about the ultimate Indian Giving, we will sell you Nerve gas Canisters and then invade your country to get them back!!!.

posted on Jan, 17 2007 @ 06:53 PM
link   

www.msnbc.msn.com...

HAHAHAHA the US will sell anything to anyone and here is the proof. When it attacks Iran it will be going up against 300+ F14 Tomcats supplied and maintained by itself.

300+ iranian F-14's??? In your dreams ...

Better read page 2 of the article you just quoted. Toward the bottom it says in a graphic that:

of the 78 F-14's sold to iran, 10 were thought to still be functional.

Big 'ooops' for you on that post. You might want to check your mirror

posted on Jan, 17 2007 @ 07:19 PM
link   

www.msnbc.msn.com...

300+ iranian F-14's??? In your dreams ...

judicial-inc.biz...

My mistake they have 300+ Fighters, but I notice you deflected away from the comment on the US selling anything to anyone by making a personal attack on a small specific ( AKA Bill Oreilly style ) and missing the major point of the FACT that the USA is the biggest arms dealer and is as corrupt as anyone. I suggest you watch "Lords of War" mate.

posted on Jan, 17 2007 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Well, when your own avatar seems like an insult, you reap what you sow, as they say, and should also mean you set your own standards for the "intelligence" of what you post somewhat higher.

The comment about selling anything to anyone I ignored simply because it describes just about every country in the world, hardly just the U.S.

BTW, the HBO series Rome is what I like to watch. What else?

Check it out. There are some pretty amazing parallels to what's going on today.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join