It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

is this for real ? it looks a convincing ghost video

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2007 @ 01:06 PM
link   
this looks really creepy !

not a screamer !

enjoy and discuss

is it old ?

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jan, 16 2007 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Well, its creepy, heres a slow mo of it.

Ghost Girl.

Gotta be a fake?

posted on Jan, 16 2007 @ 02:43 PM
link   
could be fancy editing. Wonder if any paranormal investigators can concure if they see ghost that apparate in similar fashions to that one. I've heard they disappear the second you make direct line of sight contact with them.

posted on Jan, 16 2007 @ 02:59 PM
link   
I think its a fake. notice how the corner is not in view the whole time as the camera man goes around. I think she jsut slipped by him out of view of the camera.. Just my 2cents.

posted on Jan, 16 2007 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Pretty fake to me. I slowed it down, and looked at it frame by frame. Just as "she" dissapears around the wall, in a frame or two you can see the pants and white sneakers. Since when do ghosts wear sneakers?

posted on Jan, 16 2007 @ 03:01 PM
link   
I think it looks real! but like almost every video on those sites its hard to tell. I like to believe the videos to be real. Also maybe sometimes the ghost or whatever it is will leave once in direct site, but not always. sometimes people claim to have short conversations with them, and stuff like that. my vote is REAL

posted on Jan, 16 2007 @ 03:08 PM
link   
i just thought that it could be possible to rig something up like this with fishing line or elastic ?

when you retract fishing line or elestic it can be quicker than the human eye can follow.

so you could attach a fishing line or elestic to a ballon or fake head and hey presto youve got your effect. though it would take some perfecting.

i'd like to think it is real but who knows ? it is possible to fake.

posted on Jan, 16 2007 @ 04:18 PM
link   
I think that it is just an illusion. If you look at somewhere near 00:05 you can see a hand and a stick. They just lay low until the camera passes and get up out of site of camera. It ain't exactly David Blane though

posted on Jan, 16 2007 @ 05:49 PM
link   
That building looks like the perfect place for a ghost. I'm sure if ghost went house hunting it would immediately set up residence in such a place.
Seriously though I think the video could be authentic because there wasn't enough time for any flesh and bones person to run away before the guy with the video recorder reached the spot where the ghost had been. So, it was probably a ghost.

Ghosts are real, and every now and then one of them gets caught like this one did. However, it is unusual for a ghost to be out and about before dark. Ugh! That ghost's palor was horrible...really seemed like the classical look of a vampire...even seemed to be wearing a black cape which showed just as it turned and disappeared behind the building. I probably wouldn't have wasted much time before getting away from that place...especially since it appeared as though it was late afternoon and would be getting dark before long.

posted on Jan, 16 2007 @ 06:04 PM
link   
this has been debunked here b4 the verdict was a hoax.

posted on Jan, 16 2007 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by angelslayer
this has been debunked here b4 the verdict was a hoax.

I wonder what the ghost would say about being debunked. Probably BOO!

posted on Jan, 16 2007 @ 07:02 PM
link   
No, angelslayer is right.

I've seen this video on another website, and it was proven to be a fake.

It is an entertaining video though

posted on Jan, 16 2007 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by fooffstarr
No, angelslayer is right.

I've seen this video on another website, and it was proven to be a fake.

It is an entertaining video though

Can you provide a link? Or if you can't provide a link can you give us a general idea of how it was proven to be fake?

posted on Jan, 16 2007 @ 07:32 PM
link   
it looks like a splice is done at sec 5-6.

one with a girl the other without a girl.

posted on Jan, 16 2007 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Glyph_D
it looks like a splice is done at sec 5-6.

one with a girl the other without a girl.

I'm no expert but splicing requires film right? So, then, that means that this ghost must have been recorded on film and not a digital recorder. Is that right?

posted on Jan, 16 2007 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by kokoro
I think its a fake. notice how the corner is not in view the whole time as the camera man goes around. I think she jsut slipped by him out of view of the camera.. Just my 2cents.

Kokoro's statement seems to make the most sense to me on this one..also splicing can be done with film or digital media probably much easier with the latter

posted on Jan, 16 2007 @ 07:56 PM
link   
It was made by a serial hoaxer.

Both that video and the first 'ghost head' video are posted on this page.

It states no where that they are definitely fakes, but watch both videos and the similarities... the exact same camera movements, and the exact same scenario, except the first attempt was that poor that he made a 2nd. The video you just watched is the 2nd. Watch the first and have a giggle at how bad it was and then you'll see what i'm talking about.

It is under the heading FIRST SPOOKY FRIDAY VIDEO: PEEK A BOO GHOST

posted on Jan, 16 2007 @ 08:11 PM
link   
the clip in and of itself is IMHO inconclusive - could be true - but soo easy to fake - its entire veracity revolves around the integrity of the uploader which [as others note ] is questionable .

now , how to fake this phenonenom:

once the girl has pulled back arround the corner , she drops to a low crouch - and when the camera man arrives [ note he keeps the camera high - and focuses in on the wall first ] - she can scamper towards his legs - and arise behind him - and with her hands on his shoulders - just follow his movements

the " give away " is the fact that the prominent cornerstone cannot be seen for a vital second

if i had been there - i would not have run to the corner - but run wide - so i can see the wall and corner - but that is just me , training plays a part

posted on Jan, 16 2007 @ 08:36 PM
link   
One thing that impressed me immediately about the video is the clarity of the ghost head. Most ghost videos I have seen, and admittedly they aren't too many, have rather nebulous appearing ghosts. If someone were going to fake a ghost video wouldn't they have made it blurry to be more like most other videos of ghosts and more in keeping with what most people would expect a ghost to look like? I really don't know how some people can be so certain when they look at a video such as this one that it is fake. There is a chance that it is, but it is only a chance, not enough to know with certainty that it is, without positive video evidence that proves it was faked.

posted on Jan, 16 2007 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by ignorant_ape

the " give away " is the fact that the prominent cornerstone cannot be seen for a vital second

Exactly right. Nothing paranormal here, no technical wizardry either.

While I believe there are spirits, this girl is definitely not one of them; she's just a friend of the cameraman.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join