It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I was John Titor.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2007 @ 09:37 AM
link   

I was listening to coast to Coast AM the other night and I heard the John titor updates as you did no doubt.

I also heard there was a movie about to come out on the John Titor story...so why would he come out and say its a hoax right before the movie is supposed to be released?

posted on Jan, 15 2007 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Well, how about a little critical thinking here?

The hoaxer who posed as John Titor was:
* Longwinded. His releases were often voluminous works.
* Desiring attention. His created a hoax w/ the specific intent of having it read by many.
* Well researched. The backstory he created was well thought out and researched.

This poster exhibits none of those qualities.

It is short, as opposed to "Titor"'s volumes. This poster claims that it wasn't to gain attention, as opposed to the real author, who obviously wanted it to be read. And this poster didn't even bother to give any explanation of his backstory or exhibit even a modicum of creativity.

My assessment is that "Alan Balcarce", as he is claiming to be, is looking to be remembered, fraudulently, for someone elses work. This post bears no resemblance to any of the "Titor" posts.

posted on Jan, 15 2007 @ 09:45 AM
link   
I suspect Alan has accomplished what he set out to do and is now reaping the benefits. He cares little about being banned and the longer this thread goes on the more he and possibly his buddies at Rydell High will mentally masturbate over it.

Although it has spawned one or two amusing responses I say lock it now and avoid making this kid a hero amongst the teen masses. Of course with at least one and a half pages of sub 80 IQ posts he may have already be that hero.

posted on Jan, 15 2007 @ 09:57 AM
link   
What I'm wondering, is why he hasn't been banned already. Or maybe he'll get a reprieve, this thread will be deleted and he'll get a warn.

posted on Jan, 15 2007 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Why isnt this thread closed? Why isnt this dude banned? and Why is this thread on the front page? im seriously think that is so F...up. someone comes on here and says im john titor and i made up everything and thats it.....and it gets 3 pages of responses?......yet other more important posts get very little......This truely is a sad day for ATS

posted on Jan, 15 2007 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nyden
As far as banning, we ban when people defraud the board. So far, we haven't demonstrated fraud to a satisfactory level. The original poster is definitely going to be given the opportunity to respond and discuss.

Posting knowingly false info is enough.

posted on Jan, 15 2007 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Not to sound too harsh but I move that we ban the OP and close this thread as it's a waste of valuable server space.

posted on Jan, 15 2007 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Sorry actually you guy's don't know the truth. My future son will be John Titor. A psychic told me I will have a son in the future named John Titor and he will travel time in a coverted 2003 Chevy Pick-up. It was very detailed too.

The red truck will have a chrome tail pipe and fuzzy dice hanging from the rear view mirror. Don't believe me? Just look for a red chevy with fuzzy dice, and a chrome tail pipe, it might be him. See and you thought I was making this all up, huh.

posted on Jan, 15 2007 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by ConfederacyOfUnity
and Why is this thread on the front page? im seriously think that is so F...up. someone comes on here and says im john titor and i made up everything and thats it.....and it gets 3 pages of responses?......yet other more important posts get very little......This truely is a sad day for ATS

you think thats bad? then you should check out the 19 page "i caught bin laden on myspace "thread which was also advertised up on top on the first day it was posted

[edit on 15-1-2007 by Fett Pinkus]

posted on Jan, 15 2007 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Realtruth
and he will travel time in a coverted 2003 Chevy Pick-up. It was very detailed too.

No, you need a Delorean or a Tardis to travel through time. I thought everyone knew that.

Seriously I am amazed this is on the third page. I've tried to make good threads and they've only got one or two replies.

[edit on 15-1-2007 by apex]

posted on Jan, 15 2007 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by apex

Seriously I am amazed this is on the third page. I've tried to make good threads and they've only got one or two replies.

Apex,

I think that is the whole point of the thread being allowed to continue, and be mocked, because there are people like you that post really good stuff and it doesn't get noticed, but then we get a post that means almost nothing has no legs to stand and people bite. Why? I don't know, but I agree 100% with you.

Regards,

RT

posted on Jan, 15 2007 @ 11:20 AM
link   
I thought the real John Titor went back to the future already, how could he be him if Titor is already "Back to the Future".

posted on Jan, 15 2007 @ 11:28 AM
link   
I personally think that if "John Titor" was going to come to ATS and make a post like this, he would have done it during the height of the madness (Ie, when we had an actual countdown clock on the top of every page for over a week).

I'd also like to say that if this person did turn out to be John Titor, I don't think they could legitimately be banned. The actual hoax never took place on ATS. It was simply brought here second-hand by other people from another forum. There was never a "Timetraveller (something)" member on ATS that claimed to be from the future. The true "John Titor" has never directly made a hoax on ATS. Therefore, only people claiming to be John Titor, who are not, could be banned.

Proof to me would be more pictures of the 'time travel device', recreations, etc.

posted on Jan, 15 2007 @ 11:39 AM
link   
STONE HIM!!!!!

That is a pretty lame attempt at hoaxing. But maybe you could let him off with 5,000,437 Hail Marys, and 10,001,232 Lord's Prayers. Oh, and make him pickup the litter on John Lear's moonbases for a year.

posted on Jan, 15 2007 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by ConfederacyOfUnity
Why isnt this thread closed? Why isnt this dude banned? and Why is this thread on the front page?

I ditto that.

This isn't newsworthy enough for a front page headline let alone worthy of being allowed to continue. But I'm not a mod, and never will be, so I guess I'll just move along elsewhere and not comment again on this ......

posted on Jan, 15 2007 @ 12:34 PM
link   
If this chap doesn't come up with the goods very soon he should feel the wrath of ATS and be banned immediately.

This is such a hot button topic that any attempt to even mention Titor will bring mucho attention, so if this guy can't give a reasonable answer in a very short time then we know it was only trolling for points or attention.

This sort of tomfoolery should not be tolerated in the slightest on ATS

IMHO

posted on Jan, 15 2007 @ 12:58 PM
link   
about a year or so, someone claimed on another forum that Titor was dead. And many have spammed boards claiming to be Titor and now you have joined the ranks of many.

posted on Jan, 15 2007 @ 01:02 PM
link   
I declare shinanigans.
This is more annoying than anything else.
Couldnt you have at least pretended to be someone else?

posted on Jan, 15 2007 @ 01:03 PM
link   
There is a mention of the name used in the thread on youtube:

www.youtube.com...

Alan Balcarce AKA mrbrown950

Meh

posted on Jan, 15 2007 @ 01:19 PM
link   
www.google.com...

Yeah, I would tend to believe this is no Titor.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join