It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God, humans, and dinosaurs it all comes together.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2007 @ 06:34 PM
link   
When all people argue that God isn't real they always bring up the dinosaurs every time. Well I came up with a theory that would prove athat they all make sense.

Well we know that the bible says that god ceated humans. But the bible doesn't talk very much about dinosaurs even though people know that they were millions of years older then the human species.

Well what could have happened that would make it all very clear would be. 4.6 billion years ago god created the universe, Then got i guess got "bored" or wanted to experiment. So he created dinosaurs and for millions of years they flourished and lived. Then God could have realized how futile or obsolete that they were. (He knew they were obsolete the whole time, its just maybe he finally got fed up with them), Then he killed them with the ice age or the asteroid, which ever one it was.

Then yet again God could have sat around for the millions of years in between. Then maybe he could have thought lets try it again. So he created the humans and we have flourished ever since then.

Then people would say then what about the genes, or the DNA that dinosaurs have in common, or the bone structure that is similar.

When ever some one makes or creates something they have their own traits and characteristics. Then eventually the it grows to be obsolete. and the inventor discards it. Then the inventor has a new idea that is more advance then his previous invention. When someone makes the upgraded version. They don't just start fresh with completely new traits. They have some of the old traits of the old invention, but with a couple new and better traits. That would explain the bird to dinosaur thing.

Then with the flood and noahs ark. The reason that the theory about how we came from monkeys could be wrong because in the bible it says that civilization got to its prime or something like that. Then the flood killed everyone. Then someone will say then why can't we find the bodies or the remains of them. Maybe the water creatures ate most of them, and the rest just decomposed and withered away. then after that it just started over again.

Those monkey type creatures were monkeys. they did not evolve into us.

So what do you think.

posted on Jan, 15 2007 @ 06:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by dalilamahammer
Well what could have happened that would make it all very clear would be. 4.6 billion years ago god created the universe, Then got i guess got "bored" or wanted to experiment. So he created dinosaurs and for millions of years they flourished and lived. Then God could have realized how futile or obsolete that they were. (He knew they were obsolete the whole time, its just maybe he finally got fed up with them), Then he killed them with the ice age or the asteroid, which ever one it was.

Like a little petulant child who got bored of their ant-farm and wanted some hamsters?

When ever some one makes or creates something they have their own traits and characteristics. Then eventually the it grows to be obsolete. and the inventor discards it. Then the inventor has a new idea that is more advance then his previous invention. When someone makes the upgraded version. They don't just start fresh with completely new traits. They have some of the old traits of the old invention, but with a couple new and better traits. That would explain the bird to dinosaur thing.

Dinosaur to bird. So your god is like a little tinker-man?

Then with the flood and noahs ark. The reason that the theory about how we came from monkeys could be wrong because in the bible it says that civilization got to its prime or something like that. Then the flood killed everyone. Then someone will say then why can't we find the bodies or the remains of them. Maybe the water creatures ate most of them, and the rest just decomposed and withered away. then after that it just started over again.

It's not as simply explained as that, you have to explain the fact there is no evidence of a world-wide flood and why species do not have a genetic bottleneck showing at the same time.

Those monkey type creatures were monkeys. they did not evolve into us.

We know. A proto-ape is our common ancestor with chimpanzees. Some evidence from molecular biology...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

So what do you think.

It's probably better to not start out with a pre-conceived idea and to let the data/evidence speak for itself.

[edit on 15-1-2007 by melatonin]

posted on Jan, 15 2007 @ 11:53 AM
link   
So then what do you suggest i do with my idea, research it, rerad the bible, or what?

Also God is not a tinker-man thou is God.

posted on Jan, 15 2007 @ 12:12 PM
link   
could it be that the reason dinosaurs aren't mentioned in the bible is because, when that book was the first dinosaur bones had not yet been discovered?

there are many text books from the past that are obsolete thanks to the advances in science that allow us to gain a better understanding of the universe. Take, for example, the whole earth is flat issue.

now, I don't think the bible contains anything 100% factual. I always figured the bulk of the old testament was stories passed down from one generation to the next that tried to explain the unknown. The rest is, in my view, greatly exaggerated accounts of events that might have happened in some form or another.

In any event the author(s) couldn't have discussed dinosaurs as they didn't know what they were.

posted on Jan, 15 2007 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Just wondering how old are you? The stuff you're asking makes me think you are in high school or younger. The reason being is these are the same questions I was asking at that age.

Simple answer... Keep religion and science seperate. Keep your religion. Don't try to justify religious beliefs with scientific reasoning. It doesn't work and will cause people to question your intelligence. Religion is based on faith. Believe in your religion or don't believe in your religion... it is your choice. Faith is not based on fact or science.

posted on Jan, 15 2007 @ 01:11 PM
link   

So then what do you suggest i do with my idea, research it, rerad the bible, or what?

Also God is not a tinker-man thou is God.

weeelllll, if you are asking me, I'd put the bible away and focus on the real-world and the evidence.

But, I don't think that is what you want to do, nor is it my place to tell you to do so. There is no conflict between evolution and the christian faith. Only between those who stake a claim to the literal truth of the entire bible and the real-world.

You already seem happy to accept the evidence of an old earth and older universe, just read the evidence without pre-conceived ideas and see where it takes you. Most denominations of christianity happily accept the scientific evidence for evolutionary biology.

Ken Miller's book, 'Finding Darwin's God' is a good analysis of evolutionary biology and faith by a theistic biologist.

ABE: and a short essay on science, evolution, and christianity...

www.scienceandchristianbelief.org...

[edit on 15-1-2007 by melatonin]

posted on Jan, 15 2007 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Dinosaurs are in the bible. You might read the book of Job chapter 40.

posted on Jan, 15 2007 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Even the Pope (John Paul II) embraced the findings of evolutionary scientists.

Science and faith are two sepperate things and it is OK if they don't meet in the middle, but then it is also best not to try and force them to.

RAmen.

FSM

posted on Jan, 15 2007 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sun Matrix
Dinosaurs are in the bible.

so are unicorns and talking snakes Sun.

Problem is, no dinosaurs lived at the time of Homo Sapiens, they missed each other by around 60 million years.

posted on Jan, 15 2007 @ 07:33 PM
link   
In the beginning G-d created the heavens and the earth. And the earth was casued to be without form and void.

It never says there wasnt anything here before us...

posted on Jan, 15 2007 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Of course there was a talking snake. That was supposed to be there to represent the devil. Then with unicorns i never read a verse that talked about unicorns.

posted on Jan, 15 2007 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sun Matrix
Dinosaurs are in the bible. You might read the book of Job chapter 40.

Sun, if you're talking about the "behemoth"
In Hebrew "behema" signifies an animal in general.
But most theologians agree that what is being described here is an "elephant" (bore through his nostrils with stakes). But who knows, maybe you're on to something.
It does mention "He is the beginning of the ways of God".
Hmmmm....

[edit on 16-1-2007 by rocknroll]

posted on Jan, 16 2007 @ 12:00 AM
link   

....i never read a verse that talked about unicorns.

The term “unicorn” is found 9 times in the King James Version of the Bible (Num. 23:22; 24:8; Dt. 33:17; Job 39:9-10; Psa. 22:21; 29:6; 92:10; Isa. 34:7). “Unicorn” doesn't appear at all in the American Standard Version, nor in most modern versions. This is a sign that the problem is one of translation, rather than a problem with the original, biblical text. No mythology can be charged to the Bible in connection with the term “unicorn.”

Maybe melatonin can enlighten us?

posted on Jan, 16 2007 @ 12:08 AM
link   
I believe in God with all my heart, My family (Italian) has been following Christ for ages going way back in the Roman Empire

But I get really confused concerning the creation / genesis. Obviously someone / something has tampered with us, because dinosaurs had over 100 million years to evolve on us and most of them had the brain the size of a peanut. Scientists believe we are 2 to 3 million years old max and we are highly intelligent compared to all other earth life.

1. 'Mr Infinite' engineered us
or
2. Et's f*cked with our DNA

And no I don't believe God just created Dinosaurs and then just simply got 'bored' so to speak, I believe there would have been incredible wisdom in his decision to allow termination of the dinosaurs (which were magnificant creatures) if HE did terminate them and the ET's didn't do it.

Who thinks the snake was a reptilian humaniod? I think so

Does anyone else believe the Adam and Eve story with the apple? I think it was an analogy for something more sinister.

posted on Jan, 16 2007 @ 12:19 AM
link   
Dinosours were mentioned a lot in the Bible. They were called dragons. The word dinosaur was first introduced in 1692 I believe, if I am incorrect, it was somewhere around that period.

posted on Jan, 16 2007 @ 12:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Selmer2
I believe there would have been incredible wisdom in his decision to allow termination of the dinosaurs....

yeah, so they wouldn't eat us.

posted on Jan, 16 2007 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by thexsword
Dinosours were mentioned a lot in the Bible. They were called dragons.

The Bible mentions a dragon in Revelation (12, 13, 16, and 20). Revelation 20:2 identifies the dragon, “He seized the dragon, that ancient serpent, who is the devil, or Satan, and bound him for a thousand years.” The Bible is not teaching that dragons ever truly existed. But it is comparing Satan to a fire-breathing monster.

posted on Jan, 16 2007 @ 01:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by rocknroll
Maybe melatonin can enlighten us?

Yup, the re'em. As strong as god himself apparently.

Lots of jewish legends based on the re'em. David apparently mistook one for a mountain and climbed it.

posted on Jan, 16 2007 @ 01:41 AM
link   
I have a very loose philosophy about this... Say God is not infinite, and a our year is a second to him. Billions of years ago, he created "this" our universe. But he was a "child" then. Our universe was his aquarium. As a younger "God" he put in our world what he thought was cool. Big giant dinosaur type things. They ran around for a while ruling..... Then he got bored. Wiped them out (insert meteor or flood, or whatever). Started again with beings of his image. Put 2 in a very nice place (Eden) and gave them some simple rules. The "beings" around him got jealous, why should they have paradise when we have to work up here in "heaven"? Not to mention, that female isn't half bad, think we should go there and hang out.... Now God is a teenager, and he's a little pissed off. He rages on his creation and those that messed with them (old testament). A little while later, God mellows out, sends his "son" down to mellow things out, teach some love and forgiveness, start a new movement....

Just a way I think about things..... feel free to flame

posted on Jan, 16 2007 @ 02:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur

now, I don't think the bible contains anything 100% factual.

Romans Chapter one reads in part,

The invisible things of "god" are clearly seen being understood by the things that are made.

This is quantum physics and the statement is 100% factual. It is also an example of the "authors" of the bible writing about things they could not have known about already? OR Did they already know of such things?

The ego of modern men is comical.

OP,

Evidence of dino and man are found together in the same layers of mother Earths crust. They walked together brother.

Elohim aka "god" spliced their own genes into neanderthal man who was evolving here on Earth at the time of their visitation. The result was Kro-magnon man. The relationship between these two species was identical to the relationship between "giants" and "men" spoken of in the bible.

Read your bible more carefully and you will discover that Christ labels Elohim/god as an imposter and credits the Universe itself with being his "father" ...

He said to the most religious folks of his day. Folks who knew Elohim/god intimately, " You have NEVER known my father."
A body can't be anymore clearer than that.

The Universe is a living, breathing, THINKING entity ...

In the beginning was the WORD.
And the WORD was with GOD, and the WORD was GOD ...

Word = a vessel that carries a thought into the World.

It is verbal thought.
(or atleast was intended to be, many folks speak without thinking, lol)

In the beginning was THOUGHT. And THOUGHT was with GOD, and THOUGHT was GOD.

~peace

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join