It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ottawa UFO video

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2007 @ 07:57 PM
link   
This vid is quite old, but it's always intrigued me a bit. I've heard explanations anywhere from a helicopter, to overexposed planes at the airport. Does anyone have any info on what this actually was, or thoughts on what it could be?

Just to note, the voices in the first video I believe were dubbed in AFTER by someone, not the actual taker of the videos. Not 100% positive of that, but that's the scuttlebutt.

Ottawa ufo - Part 1

Ottawa UFO - Part 2 (takeoff)

[edit on 13-1-2007 by sensfan]

posted on Jan, 13 2007 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Both links just take me to the main Google video page... ?

posted on Jan, 13 2007 @ 08:05 PM
link   
hahaha sorry but I had to laugh.

I've seen fake videos, but these are ridiculous.

posted on Jan, 13 2007 @ 08:08 PM
link   
looks like a helicopter, but then again there is no sound of a helicopter when the guy is speaking. The take off part2 just doesnt do it for me, seems to unrealistic in motion , also why didnt he keep track of the ufo as it flew away?

posted on Jan, 13 2007 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by danx
hahaha sorry but I had to laugh.

I've seen fake videos, but these are ridiculous.

What do you mean by fake? There is obviously something being filmed, just curious if anyone has any more info on what it might be.

Sorry, links are fixed now.

posted on Jan, 13 2007 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by gtirlad
looks like a helicopter, but then again there is no sound of a helicopter when the guy is speaking. The take off part2 just doesnt do it for me, seems to unrealistic in motion , also why didnt he keep track of the ufo as it flew away?

I always though it was probably a helicopter too, but was never sure. The video is over 10 years old I think, and still see it crop up in televised shows about ufo's, but have never seen conclusive proof on what it really was.

posted on Jan, 13 2007 @ 08:14 PM
link   
they dont really look like over-exposed airplanes to me, however the footage does "seem" very out of focus. There really isnt anything in the video to reference to. I would say possibly a helicopter, but that is just based off the speed of the strobe, though they would usually put the strobes on the side and the tail of the aircraft, as opposed to on "top" as it appears in this video.

Interesting find, but I would have to lean towards a fake. The fact that the voices on the first video sound VERY much like they were added after the fact kinda solidify that view towards me, though, my mind is not totally made up.

posted on Jan, 13 2007 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by sensfan
What do you mean by fake? There is obviously something being filmed, just curious if anyone has any more info on what it might be.

Obviously something being filmed?
And that makes it automatically a real UFO video?

This is something that's being played on a TV and it's being recorded off the TV with the camera.

Hell, you can even see the red light from the camera being reflected on the screen..

Fake AND lame.

posted on Jan, 13 2007 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Well, if it is flying, and it is not identified, then it is a UFO... People always seem to identify UFO with aliens, and things of the sort. The fact is, UFO means Unidentified Flying Object, which that video may show... The only thing you cant tell from it is if the object is actually flying. So, if you can assume that the object is flying, and you dont know what it is, then it would be, by default, a UFO.

[edit on 13-1-2007 by Milk]

[edit on 13-1-2007 by Milk]

posted on Jan, 13 2007 @ 08:20 PM
link   
If i have to post screencaps i will, but you call all see it yourself if you pause.

In the first video, any time between when he zooms in and it finishes pause it. You can see the ring of lights around the bottom, plus what looks like a line of windows around the 'dome' area.

In the 2nd video, the take-off movement seems entirely natural to me. As natural as something like that can get i guess. Once again i say pause and draw your attention to the lights on the base of the craft.

It isn't a helicopter... and planes don't move like that.

Pretty convincing to me...

posted on Jan, 13 2007 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Thanks for your opinion. If you read my post, you will see I did not say it was a UFO, I don't know what it was. The purpose of this post is to find out what it was. Oh wait, in the 2nd vid, whatever it is does appear to take off, so, technically, it is a UFO :-) I live in Ottawa, and at the time this made the local news big time, but died down and I never heard anything more about it.

As for filming it off a tv, I think you are wrong. If I remember correctly, it was filmed through a window, that's perhaps why you may be seeing the reflection of a red light from the camera.

posted on Jan, 13 2007 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Thanks for posting that sensfan. I'm From Ottawa too. Where about do you live? I'm near baseline and woodroff.

Was that the video that landed in carleton?

posted on Jan, 13 2007 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Thanks for your opinion. If you read my post, you will see I did not say it was a UFO, I don't know what it was. The purpose of this post is to find out what it was. Oh wait, in the 2nd vid, whatever it is does appear to take off, so, technically, it is a UFO :-)

I'm not even disputing the name of what you want to call this. No matter what you want to call it, it's fake.

And no problem, I will always gladly give you my opinion

As for filming it off a tv, I think you are wrong. If I remember correctly, it was filmed through a window, that's perhaps why you may be seeing the reflection of a red light from the camera.

We'll just have to agree to disagree

posted on Jan, 13 2007 @ 09:14 PM
link   

I'm not even disputing the name of what you want to call this. No matter what you want to call it, it's fake.

Care to share with us why you think it is fake? That's kind of an ATS unwritten rule. If you make a blatent statement, give opinions why. It helps others understand where you are coming from.

Thanks.

posted on Jan, 13 2007 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by tock
Thanks for posting that sensfan. I'm From Ottawa too. Where about do you live? I'm near baseline and woodroff.

I believe the video was taking in the Carp area. That' what seems to come to mind at least. I will have to search the newspaper archives of the time to see what was reported at the time and see if there were any follow ups.

I'm in Barrhaven actually, pretty close to you. Howdy neighbour!

jra

posted on Jan, 13 2007 @ 09:19 PM
link   
It is really hard to say what that could be. It is really out of focus and it does look somewhat over exposed to. Around what time did this first make the news? Just to get an idea of how old this is.

As for the comment about this being filmed off a tv. Watching the second part, I kind of got that impression. When the 'UFO' flies away. there seems to be some sort of curved distortion in the picture, as if the camera is off to the side, filming the screen at an angle instead of being directly perpendicular with the screen.

I'm not going to say for sure that's the case, but that's just the impression I get from part 2 at least.

posted on Jan, 13 2007 @ 09:25 PM
link   
It was in 1989. Just found lots of info on it. Take a look at this.

www.ufocasebook.com...

Beginnings - 1989

Tom Theofanous, working with The Canadian UFO Research Network (CUFORN), received a package from someone calling themselves 'Guardian'. It had no return address. "The package contained a story about a UFO crash that supposedly happened close to Carlton Place, which is about a half-hour drive from Ottawa", Tom said. "There was also a photo-copied picture of an Alien." "For the most part, we thought it was a joke. But, CUFORN director Harry Tokarz decided to call Arthur Bray, a well-respected UFO author and researcher who lives in Ottawa, and ask him if he had someone in the Carlton area who could check out the story for us. As luck would have it, Arthur knew a fellow who was fascinated by the field of ufology, Graham Lightfoot."

It's a long read, but had all you ever wanted to know about the case, well not everything, but quite a bit.

p.s. Thanks William One Sac :-)

[edit on 13-1-2007 by sensfan]

posted on Jan, 13 2007 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by tock

I believe the video was taking in the Carp area. That' what seems to come to mind at least. I will have to search the newspaper archives of the time to see what was reported at the time and see if there were any follow ups.

I'm in Barrhaven actually, pretty close to you. Howdy neighbour!

Well, i'll be Damned. I didn't know we had something like this happend around ottawa. I really like both video. I saved them to my hardrive and i'll give them processing in aftereffect to see if i can get more details out.

Barrhaven! Awesome!
sensfan, are you aware of any UFO research group in the ottawa region? Or other type of discussion group?

Thanks again for sharing this. That's awesome.

posted on Jan, 13 2007 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Care to share with us why you think it is fake? That's kind of an ATS unwritten rule. If you make a blatent statement, give opinions why. It helps others understand where you are coming from.

Thanks.

I can agree with this, even though I don't need to justify my opinion.
I do see a double standard, though.

Did you ask anyone why they believed it to be real?
Or people dont need to back up their 'blatent statements' when it's the same opinion as yours?
Or maybe it's just the 'skepticals' that need to justify their opinions..

To me, it's obviously fake because like I said before, it looks like it was filmed off a TV screen, I see the reflection of the camera's red light on the screen (it's a window to you) and the stuff they are saying are completely unrealistic.

Originally posted by jra
As for the comment about this being filmed off a tv. Watching the second part, I kind of got that impression. When the 'UFO' flies away. there seems to be some sort of curved distortion in the picture, as if the camera is off to the side, filming the screen at an angle instead of being directly perpendicular with the screen.

Yup, my thoughts exactly.

posted on Jan, 13 2007 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Thanks.

I can agree with this, even though I don't need to justify my opinion.
I do see a double standard, though.

Did you ask anyone why they believed it to be real?
Or people dont need to back up their 'blatent statements' when it's the same opinion as yours?
Or maybe it's just the 'skepticals' that need to justify their opinions..

To me, it's obviously fake because like I said before, it looks like it was filmed off a TV screen, I see the reflection of the camera's red light on the screen (it's a window to you) and the stuff they are saying are completely unrealistic.

Originally posted by jra

Yup, my thoughts exactly.

It is a window, the guy/girl says don't move the Curtain too much and seems to be scared to death.
If you can't hear sound, use video downloaded extension from Firefox and download the video to your hard drive, you can hear the sound from it.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join