It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush's address to the Nation..Your thoughts

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2007 @ 05:39 AM
link   
"Fellow citizens: The year ahead will demand more patience, sacrifice, and resolve. It can be tempting to think that America can put aside the burdens of freedom."

bush isn't garbage, he's just the litterbug....and this is the most laughable piece of garbage I seen spill out of his mouth yet....

is he willing to sacrifice his and his friends great tax cuts to pay for this war....nope!
is haliburton even willing to lay aside a little of their profits just to ensure that the troops get quality water and food.....heck no!!!

has anyone in this nation, outside of the people being sent over there and their families, and a few good samaritans who've given donations for the equipment and such the troops need, and maybe a few anti war protesters sacrificed, or even been asked to sacrifice anything....except maybe a few of their constitutional freedoms which is what make this statement so laughable!!!

our generation isn't even willing to sacrifice the cost of this war, we are passing that down to our children, the ones we are asking to go fight in the war.

the war has been fought on the cheap from the beginning, and the cost is still outrageous because the administration felt the whole thing should be used to benefit a select few comanies, heaven forbid that the actual cost of the war should impede on the enrichment of a few companies, or that the average voter might have to be asked to pay a little more in taxes!! only reason why so many are turning against this war is that they've seen the pricetag for it.

I'm for one of two things. either send in enough troops to get the job done right, start up the draft if necessary, increase the taxes if necessary, whatever, but send such and overwhelming force into the country that there's so many american uniforms and guns everywhere that not even an insane suicide bomber will think it unwise to try anything. give the iraqi people 6 months to a year to get all their ducks in order, they decide their own issues as far as government structure, training their military, building the intrastructure, ect... but well, they better do it right, cause we're out of there in that six months to a year.. but for that six months, do the best you can to provide a climate of stability and safety for the IRaqis...something they haven't had since we invaded.

or if the american politicians and people don't want to make such a big commitment, well, just bring the troops we have there home, and take the loss. but that extra 20,000 troops aren't gonna help one bit, and we're sitting ducks over there with our worn out equipment and battle worn force if Isreal hits Iran and the pressure cooker blows...and all of IRaq's neighbors decide we're their enemy and sends their forces in to remove the american presence from their proximity. and well, I can't even imagine what the military's state would be in if we lost the forces we have in IRaq.

posted on Jan, 12 2007 @ 06:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by thematrix

....snipped
Other then that, I heard something about training american civilians to go and fight abroad???? Wth, draft??

Could be those in training as mercenaries here, who will be joining the "security teams" already in place in Baghdad and earning $1,000 a day. Not only are they providing security, but they are also helping to train Iraqi soldiers. This and more can be read at the 'Information Clearing House'. According to them, there is an "army of thousands of mercenaries in Iraq's major cities, many of them former British and American soldiers..."

Interesting that we don't hear about them on CNN. Or about our gov't paying the salary of the American members of the "security teams". Or about their injuries/deaths. The media just tells us what Bush wants us to know. Guess with Dubya we're on a 'need to know' basis..

NOMW

posted on Jan, 12 2007 @ 06:23 AM
link   
You know what dawnstar, you might be onto something.

If we absoltuley SATURATED Iraq wth troops,

you'd eveantually weed them out.

atm, they have to much freedom

posted on Jan, 12 2007 @ 11:00 AM
link   
oh ya, I forget that little fragment of my strategy...

make up some mandatory classes for every man women and child who is capable of understanding....on the responsiblities of freedom...since, obviously they aren't getting it...

posted on Jan, 12 2007 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Jesus was a man of forgiveness. Forgiving those who know not what they do has been one of societies greatest mantra's and fondest of acts.

Oil is not bought. It is not simply sold to a refiner. Do not act as if this war in Iraq is anyway the very first war ever fought for oil, and for that matter do not act as if it is the first war ever fought for oil in Iraq. The chemical industry needs oil for pharmaceuticals, plastics, foams, solvents, dyes, acids, lubricants, food preservatives, films, rubbers, fertilizers, pesticides, herbicides, car fuel, jet fuel, tractor fuel, soaps, shampoos, and many more.

I cannot begin to describe but world war ii was fought for oil and won by the strategic advantage of having oil. The United States military runs on oil, and so do every other nation's military.

posted on Jan, 12 2007 @ 12:46 PM
link   
This is a bit off-topic but I was watching the news the other night and they were showing clips of the Congressional hearings about the all new Bush Iraq plan. Gates was in the hot-seat and some question about Iraq was asked of him and his response was, "Well Senator, I'm no expert on Iraq..." Say WHAT? Shouldn't that be among the top job requirements for the position of Secretary of Defense at the present time???

Ex

posted on Jan, 12 2007 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Gates was in the hot-seat and some question about Iraq was asked of him and his response was, "Well Senator, I'm no expert on Iraq..."

OMG!!

He seems to be a Rumsfeld clone , bowing at GW's feet anyway!

But This.................

OMG!!!

posted on Jan, 12 2007 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by dawnstar

make up some mandatory classes for every man women and child who is capable of understanding....on the responsiblities of freedom...since, obviously they aren't getting it...

You Forgot religion dawntar they need to have religion and they need to stop been muslin.

They can not enjoy freedom until they all become Christians, they need to get Jesus in their lives:Lil:

posted on Jan, 12 2007 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Seriously Bush is becoming insane and still he is allowed to keep treating this nation like retarded people that don't understand his mission in life and in Iraq, I mean his corporate and God given mission.

People are so insensitive when it comes to self proclaims crusaders

[edit on 12-1-2007 by marg6043]

posted on Jan, 12 2007 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Those are all good points Soitenly!

However if you consider that there is NO credible evidence that an actual man named Jesus ever existed. In fact there is more evidence that suggests that he didn't.

On one hand you have oppressed christians believing that THEY are the ones in the right. With every fiber of their being, doing gods will and securing their place in heaven.

On the other hand you have oppressed islamists believing the exact same thing.

At that point you see the root of the problem. religion!

Both religions borrow their concepts from the much older thing called Solar Mythology, IE Sun Worship, AKA Astrotheology!

Also, consider the fact that we DO NOT need oil. You can use HEMP for all the same reasons we need oil for. And the best part is its renewable.

After you let all this rattle around on your noggin for awhile. You then ask yourself, what are we (USA) doing over there??

Why are we killing people?

Why are we (in turn) making more potential terrorists?

If you also ponder the fact the humans are the only animal on earth that kills with malicious intent.

[edit on 033131p://upFriday by QuasiShaman]

posted on Jan, 12 2007 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
Seriously Bush is becoming insane and still he is allowed to keep treating this nation like retarded people that don't understand his mission in life and in Iraq, I mean his corporate and God given mission.

People are so insensitive when it comes to self proclaims crusaders

[edit on 12-1-2007 by marg6043]

Marg
You have to look at your own people..What has he done for the US ?
I think maybe you have some guilt!!!!

posted on Jan, 12 2007 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Murphs
Marg
You have to look at your own people..What has he done for the US ?
I think maybe you have some guilt!!!!

Yes,
I am guilty!!!!!! for no supporting my god chosen president.

posted on Jan, 13 2007 @ 06:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Soitenly
I am not certain about most of you, but I am only in my early 20's. My generation needs to secure its source of oil. Older generations do not have the same fretting ideas as we do. Their retirement unlike ours, is bound in about a decade and past wars such as Iran-Iraq, Gulf War and many other campaigns in and out of third world africa, vietnam and elsewhere have secured oil for their retirement.

I am not going to allow my children and grandchildren live in a world where they are forced to fight wars like WWII in order to secure oil. We do not owe it to ourselves to have fought and bleed simply to see Old Europe powers take control of Iraq. We must let the world know that we are not the "paper tiger" Mao said we are. People get suspicous and then they get ideas.

how bout our generation securing fossil fuel alternatives instead???? the tech vs cost ratio for lots of energy alternatives is almost practical now.....oil is for big oils wallets....it does our generation nothing except pollute the environment and help maintain the corrupt status quo

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join