It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Port Of Maimi Locked Down (Possible terror Alert)

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:
apc

posted on Jan, 7 2007 @ 03:24 PM
link   
No... CDL is what you need to drive a commercial truck in the US. A truck like the one the subject gentlemen were detained in.

>

Is this what you were reffering too.

No this was definitely a current report. However there have been numerous reports relating to Missouri training centers and Middle Eastern trainees. Probably irrelevant except for the fact that it would provide an easy avenue of penetration.

[edit on 7-1-2007 by apc]

posted on Jan, 7 2007 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Miami Dade county Haz Mat truck has now arrived on the scene.

They are also reporting that three of the six cruise ships have departed the port at their normal time.

[edit on 1/7/2007 by shots]

posted on Jan, 7 2007 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Regarding trucking and passengers. Typically company trucks (trucks that are driven by employees vice owner/operators who drive their own trucks) do not allow passengers for insurance reasons. Owner/operators can pretty much do what they want. In the case of team driving (where there are two drivers in a truck to allow for faster transport under DOT time regulations) both must hold current CDL's, both have current driver logs, all drivers presence must be declared, and the sleeper must be marked that there is a team driver (in the event of an accident) in the sleeper. No one other than the government uses three drivers for transport.
I would be interested in what company owns that truck (if anyone caught it on TV please post it), as that may answer some questions, and raise others.

posted on Jan, 7 2007 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Here is some video(s) for ya.

One site claims two 55 gal. drums are on the truck.

Others say its nothing to worry about.

[edit on 1/7/07 by makeitso]

posted on Jan, 7 2007 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by apc
except for the fact that it would provide an easy avenue of penetration.

[edit on 7-1-2007 by apc]

Agreed.

Just for the info here is Miami Dade Hazardous Materials unit.

posted on Jan, 7 2007 @ 03:40 PM
link   
I just read an article today on- Americanfresspress.net- How China's Massive Port Grab ,all getting ready for the highway corridor to go through. And now this truck in Miami. Funny how Bush has us busy with the war and all worrying about more troops sent, when it's all about the smoke and mirrors on how he's changing the U.S. That's how they work. Get the people all upset about the war troops, and then throw in a possible terrorist threat, and they have cause to snowball us again. This thing in Miami is all leading up for them to make us believe that having the super highway is the solution.. We have to start seeing through all this "poop-o-la"

posted on Jan, 7 2007 @ 03:43 PM
link   
out of curiosity...the one video clip that keeps playing of the officers examining the truck, there is one officer in a blue uniform with a camera(?), and it says CBP in yellow letters across the back.

what is this "CBP"?

posted on Jan, 7 2007 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mirthful Me
I would be interested in what company owns that truck (if anyone caught it on TV please post it), as that may answer some questions, and raise others.

They just showed the cab at perhaps the best shot all day long again and it appears to be a cirlce with a quarter circle in the lower left hand side with possibly three smaller cirlces but no name or letters are visable at the range they took the shot.

posted on Jan, 7 2007 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Customs and Border Protection

www.cbp.gov...

posted on Jan, 7 2007 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by shots

Originally posted by Mirthful Me

They just showed the cab at perhaps the best shot all day long again and it appears to be a cirlce with a quarter circle in the lower left hand side with possibly three smaller cirlces but no name or letters are visable at the range they took the shot.

This could be a better shot.

posted on Jan, 7 2007 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by xSMOKING_GUNx

This could be a better shot.

No they had one even better then that showing what appeared to be some kind of agent getting into the cab to drive it to the inspection area that showed a clear shot of the door although even that shot was not close enough to determine what info was requested.

posted on Jan, 7 2007 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Here is a port of Miami movable, zoomable live Web Cam. I wonder if anyone can find the truck.

Port of Miami Web Cam

makeitso

posted on Jan, 7 2007 @ 04:03 PM
link   
press conference delayed again...hmm

posted on Jan, 7 2007 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by makeitso
Here is a port of Miami movable, zoomable live Web Cam. I wonder if anyone can find the truck.

last rsports stated it is inside a building at this time. I have been trying to determine the approximate location using google earth so I could then try your link but no joy at this time

posted on Jan, 7 2007 @ 04:13 PM
link   
According to this um, ah, controversial, yeah, thats it, Web Site police found "materials of concern", including handwritten notes and "suggestive drawings" inside the truck.

Not sure I would hold my breath on this one. I would prefer additional confirmation on that.

Anyone?

[edit on 1/7/07 by makeitso]

posted on Jan, 7 2007 @ 04:13 PM
link   
hmm indeed.

UNLESS theres that many moving parts to the situation and theyre biding time to get the story straight. id hope not...might not be good in that case.

so HAS the HAZMAT crew gone over the truck already OR are they still going over it?

OK a couple minutes away from the Conference.

apc

posted on Jan, 7 2007 @ 04:14 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 7 2007 @ 04:21 PM
link   
well its looks like its a false alarm.

Expect CAIR to have a hissy fit tomorrow

A case of arabs driving (and hiding)

[edit on 7-1-2007 by Peyres]

posted on Jan, 7 2007 @ 04:22 PM
link   
No it was black on white what appeared to be lettering no colors.

this all appears to be just miscommunication at this point and the investigation is ongoing. The truck is now alleged to be carrying what the manifest stated.

Stay tuned for nightly news at 11:00

[edit on 1/7/2007 by shots]

posted on Jan, 7 2007 @ 04:26 PM
link   
its a company in Deerborn (sp?) Michigan company

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join