It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Port Of Maimi Locked Down (Possible terror Alert)

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2007 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by shots
No it was black on white what appeared to be lettering no colors.

this all appears to be just miscommunication at this point and the investigation is ongoing. The truck is now alleged to be carrying what the manifest stated.

[edit on 1/7/2007 by shots]

yes confirmed by police (the manifest and actual on-board cargo)

and the load was being unloaded and gone over.

sounds like its all good.

posted on Jan, 7 2007 @ 04:50 PM
link   
www.cnn.com...

Just to update the situation, Im not sure if the conference has taken place yet but CNN is reporting, "Law enforcement told CNN incident is not terrorism."

Hopefully, authorities will give the public more info about this, we will have to wait and see.

posted on Jan, 7 2007 @ 05:09 PM
link   
I know it is supposed to be all over, but I just found a pic of the truck.

Its pretty small, but maybe somebody can enhance it to see what company its from?

From here

[edit on 1/7/07 by makeitso]

posted on Jan, 7 2007 @ 05:37 PM
link   
The truck is a 40 foot 18 wheeler. Its not small. Just someone trying to smugle cousin Ali out of the country. Of course, we dont know what the news would have been if that hadnt happened.

Actually, my Cuban family in homeland security did a great job

posted on Jan, 7 2007 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Hehe, this is already making the rounds on the um, super far out "alternative", websites. The headlines are quite different than the regular news.

For Example:

French Intelligence Disrupts Attempt by Mossad & Homeland Security to Bomb Miami Ports As A Pretense For A Martial Law Gestapo Emergency Which Would Suspend The U.S. Constitution.

Far far out there... They dreamed that one up fast!

posted on Jan, 7 2007 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
The truck is a 40 foot 18 wheeler. Its not small. Just someone trying to smugle cousin Ali out of the country. Of course, we dont know what the news would have been if that hadnt happened.

I believe he was referring to the company logo on the door of the truck.

posted on Jan, 7 2007 @ 06:11 PM
link   
I found this article to be funny.
Hype for nothing.

Miami Port Scare 'Comedy Of Errors'
Security Scare Due To Miscommunication
(CBS) MIAMI Sunday's security scare at the Port of Miami was a 'comedy of errors,' to quote one official. Language difficulties and flawed paperwork apparently led to the security scare that disrupted cargo operations at one of the nation's busiest ports.

A top federal official in Miami told WFOR-TV's Brian Andrews that the driver of a semi-truck attempting to make a delivery at the Port of Miami Sunday morning raised red flags when he was unable to satisfy security officials who questioned discrepancies between his manifest and his cargo.

The driver, who is of Iraqi nationality, apparently had difficulty communicating with the security at the port. As they looked more closely at the truck, the security guards found two other men in the truck, another Iraqi and a Lebanese national.

Source

Nothing to see here.

Mod Edit: External Source Tags – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 7/1/2007 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Jan, 7 2007 @ 08:14 PM
link   

They must have seen the report about Isrial drawing up plans to micro-nuke Iran and said were outta here!!!

posted on Jan, 7 2007 @ 08:23 PM
link   
^^Exactly "Hype for nothing".

Sometimes I feel it hard to believe what Americans buy! Like this story from the masters of deflection, distraction & disinformation, the disgrace of journalism, F#ks News *we decide, you report*

Don't you see this is only reported, blown out of proportions, to increase your fears -so you'll swallow even further encroachments on your liberties- and in the present situation, the "legal" handover of the oilfields of Iraq to the corporations.

IMO certain "news"sites should be banned from ATSNN.

posted on Jan, 7 2007 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Here's a report, fair and balanced, on what actually happened.

www.guardian.co.uk...

I'm convinced this would never had been reported by anyone if it wasn't for Fox picking it up blowing it out of proportions to fit their agenda of fear mongering. Or...

if the individuals involved had been of caucasian plain redneck origion.

But keep on crying wolf
...we dont believe you anyway.

posted on Jan, 7 2007 @ 10:52 PM
link   
The name on the truck was SEA---- I forgot the rest.

I thought of it partially anyway.

I wonder what tomorrow will bring.

posted on Jan, 7 2007 @ 11:17 PM
link   

The name on the truck was SEA---- I forgot the rest.

I thought of it partially anyway.

I wonder what tomorrow will bring.

It wasn't SEATrain was it? Thats a big shipping line..or at least it used to be. Not sure if they are still around.

posted on Jan, 7 2007 @ 11:24 PM
link   
No, not seatrain...Darn it, i want to say SEAboard but i'm not sure.

Sorry about that.

posted on Jan, 8 2007 @ 05:26 AM
link   
hey...

Whether it was a legit scare or not, Its nice to see what type of job they are doing down there.

If someone or something raises a red flag, the events that took place are IMO right on the money.

Its the ones we don't hear about that scare me.

posted on Jan, 8 2007 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Just being reported on CNN that something has tested possitive for plastic explosives at the port of Miami. More to come.

posted on Jan, 8 2007 @ 01:52 PM
link   
same day the men are released and right after this scare, you have them finding a "suspicous device" with traces of C4 explosives being found on it... what's the odds!!!

posted on Jan, 8 2007 @ 02:30 PM
link   
A suspicious device found at the Port of Miami has tested postive for C-4 explosive CNN Banner Only

They are now running a 2nd test thinking the first might have been a false positive. CNN carrying the story live now and sure makes one think given what took place yesterday??

Edit to add WFOR-TV just showed the port authorities blowing up a package of some kind??????

[edit on 1/8/2007 by shots]

posted on Jan, 8 2007 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Sky News now reporting package tested 6 times and came back positive each time.

SIX Tmes Hmm..

One day after Hmm again.

posted on Jan, 8 2007 @ 03:14 PM
link   
maybe those 'wires' in the truck yesterday were meant to be used for these explosives.

its sort of gone quite now on Fox and CNN. Surely this is more of a story than the incident yesterday????

I'm confused.

[edit on 8-1-2007 by Peyres]

posted on Jan, 8 2007 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by worldwatcher
same day the men are released and right after this scare, you have them finding a "suspicous device" with traces of C4 explosives being found on it... what's the odds!!!

Maybe the odds were that since there was a security lockdown yesterday they began doing closer inspections and probably found that as a result of close inspections. I bet it was there for a while now before those men even came into the picture and they just now found it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join