It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Future of Star Trek

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 05:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by StreetCorner Philosopher

I just felt that I am very much like Tuvok the character. He seemed anxious, hypocritical, and very over authoritative. He basically represented what real Vulcans are like here on Earth to the fullest. Vulcans are an exaggeration of some typical humans that show similar personas and characteristics of Vulcans.

...Good analysis of the character SCP... and it explains why
Vulcans are such popular characters...

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jaruseleh

Originally posted by Amelie
I miss Star Trek on TV, even Enterprise, I will take any form Trek. Trek is better than no Trek. My favorite version was DS9.

It's good to see that I'm not the only DS9 fan. lol I think TNG is still my fav, but DS9 is a close 2nd. I loved the character development, the politics between Bajorans and Cardassians...it just seemed like 'the thinking man's Star Trek'. It had a lot of spirituality too, which I'm normally not into, but I love how they intertwined spirituality with alien life (the entities in the worm hole). I thought DS9 had the most genuine seeming actors too...I always felt like a number of characters in the other series' were a little "fake"...or that they over acted. DS9's actors all seemed to fit their roles like a glove.

Ok, enough rambling. I like DS9 a lot, but a new series would def. be cool...I'd have to agree that a series from the Klingon point of view would be pretty sweet.

That's a great analysis of DS9. I think that show had the best writing in the Star Trek franchise. The last seasons were truly exciting, DS9 is highly underrated by fans.

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 04:51 PM
link   
I can watch DS9, but it is my least favorite of all the series. I always felt Trek worked best without sticking to the soap opera formula. Character development would increase, but look how the original crew fared out without the linear story telling. They are rich and deep characters. DS9, was less scientific, had less technobabble which some might like. THe spirituality and religion was a good addition to that series and was very political. The ratings were very high for that show, and at one point were higher than TNG. I also loved the sets and high budget production. But for some reason, I skip DS9 on my Tivo for all the other series.

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 05:16 AM
link   
...I for one would like to see a Star Trek anthology series...

Perhaps we could see interesting Starfleet stories from various eras,
utilizing different crews...

Maybe even tangential stories... like the origins of the Borg...

The development of (pioneer) warp 3 spacecraft...

The wedding of Spock... (haw!)... etc ....

[edit on 4-9-2007 by cosmokatt7]

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 11:46 PM
link   
I want to see the Enterprise being built. These ships are assembled so fast and I always wondered how it would look while it's being put together, maybe at a ship yard on the moon, or hovering above Earth.

Shatner should be signed soon according to Leonard Nimoy. He is pushing Shatner personally on the phone to let go of his ego. Kirk should know that.

I think Zachary Quinto has to be believable as a young spock, I don't think he could pull it off.

Overall, the budget of this film will be on par with that of M:I 3 and Shatner wants his offer he can't refuse. I think they should give him the 3 million they are giving Nimoy. It's a two man show, with Kelly as the sidekick.

I also want to see lots of cameos especially from:

1- Catherine Janeway
2- Lieutenant Paris
3- Johnaton Archer in his older days.
4- Tuvok
5- Seven of Nine

As much as I would like to see Stewart and Spiner in it, I doubt they would accept small roles. I dont blame them. The film's success will definitely spawn a new series, and perhaps then finally Voyager joining TNG in the next films.

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 12:08 AM
link   
Put on Coast to Coast AM right now, they are talking about Star Trek and comparing it to now and the near future. It's a high tech world, and intergalactic warfare is being talked about.

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 12:35 AM
link   

Shatner should be signed soon according to Leonard Nimoy. He is pushing Shatner personally on the phone to let go of his ego. Kirk should know that.

I don't think it is his ego, as much as who he is. Kirk brought him everything, that's impossible to let go.

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 02:10 AM
link   
I wonder why they wouldn't announce Shatner yet. It has to due to ongoing negotiations. I really think the film needs more than just Nimoy. If Shatner is not in it, any other character would suffice, such as Stewart, Mulgrew, or others.

Steve, Trek fan? Welcome to the thread.

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 02:15 AM
link   
I dislike completely the format of this movie. I agree a new and unique formula needs to be created, but this just seems wrong.

Big fan, SCP,

I fear the days of Star Trek are over. (and were since the end of TNG). Nothing since has impressed me.

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Thats fair to say, TNG is my favorite series, but I do enjoy Voyager and Enterprise should not be overlooked, especially since we can relate to it so much today.

There are some fans that love it all, and some are fans of specific series only.

The next movie will be a complete overhaul Steve, according to the producers. I hope they don't try to make it too hip and keep the campy look to it. The movie poster is the original logo from TOS and JJ Abrams says the women will be in mini skirts!!

The budget of the film will be around 100 Million.

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 11:58 PM
link   
...Couldn't help noticing the latest photos of Zachary Quinto as the

new Spock...

Maybe J.J. Abrams take on Trek will be kinda "retro"...

...Think they photoshopped his head on an "action figure"... Haw!

[edit on 13-10-2007 by cosmokatt7]

posted on Oct, 13 2007 @ 02:56 AM
link   
Can't see them, I wonder where they went!

posted on Oct, 20 2007 @ 05:31 AM
link   
...Apparently, Chris Pine has been confirmed as the new Kirk....

www.startrek.com...

...and, there is some "chatter" about a 'redesigned' Enterprise NCC 1701

trekweb.com...

posted on Oct, 23 2007 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Beverly HIlls 90210 in space. Oh please don't mess this up Paramount!!

These kids better be some dammed good actors!

posted on Oct, 27 2007 @ 03:14 PM
link   
I am saddened by all this. I know Nimoy was hardly in ST:3, but he was in it at the end. Nimoy wasn't in Generations, and Shatner was, but that was a TNG film anyways. I think Paramount made a mistake here-

Sorry Willy

posted on Oct, 27 2007 @ 03:38 PM
link   
I just hope they dont pull a "lost in space" and totally mess up the new/old enterprise. They totally butchered the entire concept of the Jupiter 2 in the failed movie version of Lost in Space.

posted on Dec, 19 2007 @ 03:41 PM
link   

I can watch DS9, but it is my least favorite of all the series. I always felt Trek worked best without sticking to the soap opera formula. Character development would increase, but look how the original crew fared out without the linear story telling. They are rich and deep characters. DS9, was less scientific, had less technobabble which some might like. THe spirituality and religion was a good addition to that series and was very political. The ratings were very high for that show, and at one point were higher than TNG. I also loved the sets and high budget production. But for some reason, I skip DS9 on my Tivo for all the other series.

I think calling it a soap opera is a bit much. Characters had to deal with their personal problems whereas on previous Treks they rarely had any except during the course of their missions. It just gave the characters an element they previously glossed over.

posted on Dec, 19 2007 @ 03:52 PM
link   
i go back and watch ds9 because it's the only series i haven't seen every episode of. i skipped it when it originally aired because it seemed to different from TNG. goin back to it though, i can say it's not a bad series if you let yourself be open to a different pace.

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 10:14 PM
link   
I've watched episodes from all of the Star Trek Series, plus most of the movies. I think each of the series have something to say for themselves. Some people might pick one series over another as being the best one, but that's how things go.
I would like to see a new Star Trek series pick up where "Star Trek:The Undiscovered Country" left off, with the Klingon Empire being brought into the Federations sphere of influence and showing how that moderates their behavior.
Or maybe, as someone else had suggested, one involving the Romulans or the Cardassians as being 'The Evil Empire' of the furure.'
I think also that there are other possibilities that could be explored as being series material for future Star Trek series or movies One might deal with the Ferengi or some 'new' species discovered way in the future.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join