It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Future of Star Trek

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2007 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Oh and as for the new film i always thought they should of bought that plot from the 1st seires epoiside of the Next Generation 'Conspiracy' when the highest echelons of starfleet are taken over by that beatle race. And right at the end a signal is sent out by the beatle race to there home planet signalling where Earth is. A very clever an creppy idea, could definitely do a film on it. Mabye the Next generation crew has been killed off and a new crew is trying to figure out what is going on by pieceing old logs from the Next gen crew.

posted on Aug, 2 2007 @ 05:41 PM
link   
One of my first memories in life was a Star Trek show where Kirk and Dr.McCoy go to this planet where all the adults had died from this blue skinned disease. The show scared the poop out of me and I have been hooked every since! I would love to see them do some shows based on the view points of the Klingons and other races as well. I have loved all of the sequels and was SOOOOOO bummed when Monday StarTrek Enterprise turned to reruns after only 3 months! I wanted to see how the baby turned out between Trip and his Vulcan hottie T'pol. I was really into Next Generation too. And then equally into Deep space 9. So many rich characters over the years to keep me amused. What 'is' the future of Star Trek? I hope it continues for the rest of my life anyway.

posted on Aug, 3 2007 @ 12:45 AM
link   
Peruvian, the episode you speak of was very cool. It is one of my all time favorites. I also agree with our earth mythology and Roddenberry Re-inventing races based on it.

Im a believer of the Anthropic principle and if Aliens exist within our solar system they definitely look like us. Most races in star trek are all humanoid and have human eyes. I think all life needs oxygen. Some can withstand conditions that others cannot etc, but water, and oxygen are necessary for all humanoids. One thing Roddenberry never mentioned is that HUMAN is not the name of our race. Human simply is short for humanoid. We are conditioned this way because we are led to believe we are alone on this planet. We should be called Gaians. Or Earthans. All races in star trek are named after their planet.

This next movie is important because it's starting the star trek cycle all over again. After this film, there will probably be a new show. Then Voyager and Enterprise cast major motion pictures somewhere around 2011. Trek just needs to change its look somehow, and Abrams knows what he's doing.

[edit on 8/3/2007 by StreetCorner Philosopher]

posted on Aug, 4 2007 @ 05:56 AM
link   
I miss Star Trek on TV, even Enterprise, I will take any form Trek. Trek is better than no Trek. My favorite version was DS9.

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 07:12 PM
link   
THIS JUST IN !!!

Russell Crowe is reportedly being asked to have a key role in the next Trek film in 2008. He is reading the script and will make a decision based on the quality of the script, which only means he is waiting to see what they offer him. Paramount will pay because it knows that this trek film will blow people away. They are dedicating 100 million dollars to the budget of the film. Why? Because trekkies are still alive and kicking!

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 07:25 PM
link   
I don't know SP, with the exception of Ricardo Montalban(Khan), did the extra's added to the story line matter? It's the script and the cast that matters. THAT is what keeps Trek going imo. Hell, they had an Academy Award winner in Insurrection(F. Murray Abraham) and anyone could have played that part.

posted on Aug, 28 2007 @ 01:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Amelie
I miss Star Trek on TV, even Enterprise, I will take any form Trek. Trek is better than no Trek.

Agreed. What I'd like to see is a series in the far-flung future. There are so many avenues to take if the tech is notched up. Artificial life could play into it big. New guns, new ships, really unusual aliens. This is what great sci-fi is about--not rehashing the same thing over and over, but stretching the imagination to its limits. With today's CGI, anything imaginable is possible to portray on screen.

With lifespans of 1000 years and artificial enhancements, every human would have near god-like intelligence. This is where the series would be completely unique. I'd like to see humans portrayed not as guys like you and me who are technologically advanced, but rather what humans will someday evolve to be.

[edit on 8/28/2007 by yuefo]

posted on Aug, 28 2007 @ 03:01 AM
link   
I agree somewheat Yuefo. We need a far flung future in the next trek film, but how far can it be? Spock is still alive and so is Kirk. Shatner will be in the film, Leonard Nimoy said he has to be in it. But it's still the 24th century. A good Villain is what Trek needs. Malcolm McDowell was great too, and Russel Crowe might make Trek more appealing to the non-trekkies.

I would still like to see more than just Teleportation, Phasers, Transwarp, holodecks, etc. I think they should implement Dark Matter, black holes, and lots and lots of Nano Technology. It can relate to today that way.

[edit on 8/28/2007 by StreetCorner Philosopher]

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 11:26 AM
link   
I just hope the next movie is really good and can maybe pave the way for a new series.
My favorite series was TNG followed by Voyager. I have to say that I was disappointed in TNG movies. I felt that they decided to go Hollywood instead of sticking with the intelligent, thought provoking ideas they had in the series.

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amelie
I miss Star Trek on TV, even Enterprise, I will take any form Trek. Trek is better than no Trek. My favorite version was DS9.

It's good to see that I'm not the only DS9 fan. lol I think TNG is still my fav, but DS9 is a close 2nd. I loved the character development, the politics between Bajorans and Cardassians...it just seemed like 'the thinking man's Star Trek'. It had a lot of spirituality too, which I'm normally not into, but I love how they intertwined spirituality with alien life (the entities in the worm hole). I thought DS9 had the most genuine seeming actors too...I always felt like a number of characters in the other series' were a little "fake"...or that they over acted. DS9's actors all seemed to fit their roles like a glove.

Ok, enough rambling. I like DS9 a lot, but a new series would def. be cool...I'd have to agree that a series from the Klingon point of view would be pretty sweet.

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Klingon point of view? Star Trek is about the federation of planets. First a new established long TV series has to be created after this movie comes out. Then after it's success, I would welcome any offspring TV series focusing on Klingons, and Vulcans as well. Perhaps, they can create series that show the Vulcans overlooking Earth for many years, before first contact! Maybe they can have Ambassador Sarek's dad in a young role, showing his admiration for humans too and how he met his human wife, and why he has grown to admire humans while monitoring them in Earth's major cities. Divine intervention, prime directives and influencing Cochrane to build that warp drive!

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 10:38 PM
link   
I'm surprised that the Studio STILL does not understand why we got hooked on ST.

Ask yourself...'why do I still like watching old Kirk-Spock-McCoy-Scotty reruns on TV'.

It's simple. There was good writing and good chemistry. Because of that we want to spend time with Kirk, Spock and McCoy. We even enjoy trials of the guys in the red shirts.

In fact it's gone beyond that in that we want to also spend time with Bill, Leonard, DeForrest, Nichelle, Takei and others. We're captivated by the ACTORS themselves. We want to see what's up with them, how Leonard looks, check out Shatner's toupee, and all that stuff. We can't get enough.

What about the gadgets and the cool sets? you might say. Those are (largely) extra. If you aren't captivated by the chemistry and acting, you just have a bunch of boring people running around with plastic devices.

Similarly with Buffy; unlike almost any other show it had super writing, great characters, and an impressive chemistry, not just between a couple characters, but also with a whole ENSEMBLE!

I don't know if I particularly want to 'spend time' with Russell Crowe and Matt Damon, LOL. Maybe they'll be great.

I say bring in Aaron Sorkin (the guy who did West Wing). Get the absolute BEST writing and script that money can buy. I mean with a 250 million dollar budget, there should be plenty for the writers and scriptwriter. Have Aaron and Joss Whedon team up!

We already know, fellas, your ILM crew have the best digital effects kung fu.

Amazing how nobody asks the fans how to do it, because they all know what I just posted.

2 cents.

[edit on 1-9-2007 by Badge01]

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 11:11 PM
link   
They need to put more action into it, like a giant space war. Also, I liked the idea of the prequel series "Enterprise".

Russel Crowe would make a kick ass Klingon!!

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 11:16 PM
link   
I really like the original series and The Next Generation...I haven't given the other series a chance. I saw one that was on a space station and I was far from interested. I want to see space exploration and discovery not some space city.

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 11:20 PM
link   
You like action? What did you think of the new Die Hard?

I think it had a good balance of both action and humor and character development. Willis is always fun to watch on screen.

As to your idea, do you want 2 hours of everything imaginable blowing up and blasting around, planets exploding, Genesis Machines going off, suns going nova, Whole galaxies turning into black holes?

Sounds good. See you there.

posted on Sep, 1 2007 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Good points Badge. The original Trio had great chemistry, but so did all trek crews. I loved TNG and Voyager. Tuvok is probably my favorite character outside of Data, Picard and Spock.

Enterprise started off very strong. I enjoy watching Enterprise, I can relate to it, and its not too far off in the future.

The trek universe is bigger than TOS, and spans 40 years. Big name actors are welcome!

I just dont think Quinto will pull this off. Zachary Quinto has huge eyes, and Nimoy has small eyes. Also, if you hear Quinto talk, he sounds nothing like Nimoy does. Well, we just have to wait and see how it turns out, I do hope they include a giant space battle as well. From what I heard, this trek will have a huge budget exceeding 100 million. SIGN SHATNER!! And Tim Russ as well.

Speaking of die hard 4, anyone realize that Tim Russ as in it?

posted on Sep, 1 2007 @ 06:10 PM
link   
...So you like Tuvok ...?

I thought that character ,in Voyager was a great role...hypothetically...

But I thought the actor, Tim Russ was only so,so...

For a good actor, I think that character would have been a "breakout" role

IMHO...

[edit on 1-9-2007 by cosmokatt7]

posted on Sep, 1 2007 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Well, he had to top Spock's poker face. Tuvok was full Vulcan. Spock was half human, so Tim Russ played it off well, he was almost as wooden as an android, but even Data was more human than Tuvok.

posted on Sep, 1 2007 @ 08:00 PM
link   
...Tuvok had an underlying vein of anger and violence...
A good actor could have really played on this/

Watch the episode of when Tuvok was young... fell in love with an alien girl
broke someones nose...and his father sent him to learn "Kolinar''

Tuvok the character really had possibilities... wasted...

posted on Sep, 1 2007 @ 11:52 PM
link   
Well, I think it's tough playing a Vulcan. Time Russ did a fine job. Jolene Blaylock, oh, now that was how you play a Vulcan. Biased perhaps, but T'pol was conflicted, absorbing all the humanity she was around all the time. Causing her to realize how deep a human is. Logic and Emotional balance. Besides, where am I ever going to find a logical female? lol!

Tuvok had alot of hate in him, and I can relate to why he did. I have the same subconscious resentments he does at times. I just felt that I am very much like Tuvok the character. He seemed anxious, hypocritical, and very over authoritative. He basically represented what real Vulcans are like here on Earth to the fullest. Vulcans are an exaggeration of some typical humans that show similar personas and characteristics of Vulcans.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join