It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kim Jong Il is preparing another nuclear test

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2007 @ 06:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by iori_komei

Also, consider who there northern neighbor is, China has thousands
of nuclear weapons, and the capabilities to launch them against us.

Actually, its about 200 warheads,as detailed here on the Bulletin of the Atomic Scientists Website

Chinese Nuclear Forces 2006

Which puts the Chinese roughly on a par with Israel and Great Britain.

And although its still far too many, consider that the US had, at the same time as the above report was written, about 6,000 operation warheads.

And to put the whole thing into perspective, North Korea probably has less than 10, with 5 being a more likely figure.

posted on Jan, 5 2007 @ 06:45 AM
link   
leave it to China.

China is starting to get ticked off with North Korea. China should seek to remove Kim Jong and his government. Keep the communist system, but install a pro-China government and slowly influence them to open up their country and then, when the peple are no longer brainwashed, seek to Unite Korea.

posted on Jan, 5 2007 @ 07:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by neformore
Just explain something to me please.

What - exactly - has the guy done to you? How many countries has he invaded in the past 50 years? What "peace" is threatened here?

What - exactly - is the difference between NK developing and testing nukes and India and Pakistan (who have been perpetually at war with each other in the past 50 years) doing it as they have done in recent times?

In fact - heres a doozy - which of the current nuclear powers hasn't been involved in direct large scale military action affecting another country in the past 50 years? Oddly the answer is North Korea.

Yes, there was the Korean War, but thats done with. There was WW2 and yet we get along fine with the Germans and the Japanese these days - how come Korea gets singled out for special treatment?

I'd be interested in answers to all my points if anyone could be so forthcoming?

Not bad points. It's part of the reason why I don't like 35,000 US troops as hostages for Kim. S. Korean army is 650,000 and N. Korean army is 1.2 million strong. We're dropping down to 25,000 in 2008. Keep it dropping! S. Korea wants complete wartime control over its own troops (currently under US-led combined command). Absolutely!

I think the most direct answer to your question is that the Korean Peninsula has long been critical to Japanese national interests. As the world's 2nd largest economy and close US ally, herein lies the US interests. Throw in S. Korea's ~$1 trillion GDP (and Japan's ~$4.75 trillion) and Kim has the ability to cause a pretty good mess. This situation is different from India and Pakistan for this reason.

posted on Jan, 5 2007 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by CSRules
Why Do We Let This Lunatic Live?

Nuclear Test

Why does the US not put a missle through this S.O.B.;s bedroom window? We did it once in Lybia! Why not take out Don King Jr, and get on with our lives. We have offered him every chance at a peaceful dialogue, he refuses! The 1996 accord by ex President Carter is B.S.
BTW: Why is Carter still alive??

It is time the US says "END GAME" and blows Don King Jr off the face of the Earth. Does this little pissant think he can stand up to us? Hell, I know we our over extended in Iraq and Afghanastan, but we could wipe this pissant out in minutes!!!

Give me your thoughts......(Left leaning LIBERALS not apply, JUST KIDDING)

mod edit: title fixed

[edit on 1/4/2007 by Gools]

Tree-hugging left liberal applied and got the job...
What has he actually done on the US Yet..He makes vague threats every now and again but so what--I do that to various individuals on this forum everyday..

posted on Jan, 5 2007 @ 09:25 AM
link   
infinite has a good view on this. China will make something happen not the US. I hope it happens soon or very quickly if Kim detonates another device.

I also want to know when a peace agreement between the US, Chine, and NK is going to take place. All of them are on the armistice but no peace deal has ever been signed. Why? It's been 54 years so haven't all of these people figured something out by now or is someone stalling the process?

Another test will only make things go over the edge. This is a good thing since NK needs new leadership and it's people need to be told the truth since all reports I have read show that Kim brainwashes his people on a daily basis and they have no clue about life outside the borders. I really feel for them and I hope they can be freed in my lifetime. Another test should be the final step for Kim to take before he is removed.

posted on Jan, 5 2007 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Another test will result in the full weight of China coming down hard on North Korea.

US is playing this one smart and ignoring the childish attention seeker of Kim Jong Il. The US knows that China can and probably will end up solving this problem. China does have the power to end Kim Jong's rule over night and bring abit a change in the country within a matter of days.

posted on Jan, 5 2007 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrwupy
mrwupy

posted on Jan, 5 2007 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by CSRules
The 1996 accord by ex President Carter is B.S.

Since the OP brought this up ...

This is true, as are all of Carter's attempts at negotiating "treaties", etc. none of them have solved anything.

BTW: Why is Carter still alive??

Yes, Carter's body lives even though his mind appears to have been gone for quite some time. Pitiful to watch him campaign for his carpetbagging son Jack in last year's Nevada senate race (which he lost). Kinda made me feel bad like whenever I see Muhammad Ali make a public appearance.

posted on Jan, 5 2007 @ 03:24 PM
link   
What we really need to do, to prevent WW3 and to take out the dictator...

IS>

Set up a civil war within the nation, but more a governmental war, People vs. Government.

V for Vendetta Style.

We send a good talker in, Im willing to go now.

Let him set up a small militia, keeping all of this as quiet as possible making sure Kim Jong doesn't get word. We would need someone with Intel access inside Korean government so we could watch out for secret police, get a few of Kim's people to join our cause and build and army, we could use terrorists supplies so that the US isn't actually responsible in a sense we could use our enemy as our ally and defeat the ultimate enemy the nuclear bomb.

If Kim is killed by his own people then no war would start besides there own.

We need one man to unite the people and over throw the government.

Ideas last forever?

Theres my idea, The government should fear its people and Kim needs to learn this the hard way.

posted on Jan, 5 2007 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Home grown militia's wont work in N.K....presently at least.

Neighbours are encouraged to tell the N.K. authorities on other neighbours at the slightest hint of showing signs of anti-establishment feeling, and the authorities can collectively punish the whole neighbourhood for 'treason'.

The punished have their entire family's thrown into concentration camps that are appear to rival or possibly are even worse than the WW2 camps.

However internal militias may be a catalyst for aggressive change, but things would certainly go from bad to worse as Kimmy retaliates with mass slaughter and intimidation, he could become a loose cannon.

Kimmys nuclear threat is the only bargaining tool they feel could threaten the USofA directly, its a propaganda stunt to some extent as everyone knows the destructive impact they can have. There is some consolidation in this as we know nuclear threats are somewhat detectable and nobody is going to get one close to the USofA without the USofA knowing about it. It would be far far worse if Kimmy decided to use his chemical and biological threats as bargaining tools.

[edit on 5-1-2007 by freeradical]

posted on Jan, 5 2007 @ 05:12 PM
link   
If they test, China will not do a thing, unless the US is about to strike North Korea. China love North Korea from a strategic point of view, they do the ugly work for them, test the USA and then say that it's Kim the bad boy and not them. I'm pretty sure he's working for them, as Pinochet and Saddam were working for the USA.

But if this strategy isn't working anymore, and the USA is about to attack, China will surely act, because they will never allow the USA to put a pro-US regime there as they showed in 53.

[edit on 5-1-2007 by Vitchilo]

posted on Jan, 5 2007 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Finally G.Bush and Company is doing something halfway intelligent, leaving the situation to China and the rest of Asia, now bets are on for which century we'll finally be out of Iraq-nam.

At least Kimmy will be able to say "Look at you G.W. Bush, out of work! HaHaHaHaHa"

top topics

<< 1   >>

join