It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO photos are a complete waste of time!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2007 @ 10:06 PM
link   
You're right. I wouldn't be as convinced as I am without this evidence.

There definitely wouldn't be as strong a case without the mountain of evidence that these pieces collectively create.

However, the pieces are now there. There is so much information that it's hard NOT to believe something is going on.

Because of that, and the fact that it's so easy to manufacture, or manipulate photographs, etc., I think it's not only OK to leave that evidence behind now (especially once you've found a satisfactory answer for yourself on the big question), but at this point it's necessary to leave this behind.

The authenticity of this type of evidence is really mitigated, or in question because of the manipulation possible. Because of that, the photos, etc., really have to be taken as an adjunct to other evidence, that collectively should paint a complete picture.

The damage that frauds cause to this subject is disconcerting, and it seems that the territory (of photos, videos, etc.) could easily change hands and become a wholly fraudulent endeavor. I'm only saying that the possibility of this evidence being tainted brings it very close to being negated as acceptible evidence on its own.

I also think that continuously chasing evidence detracts from the reason you're chasing it in the first place, which is a philosophical and personal journey. But really, what more needs to be added to the photos and videos now existing?

xXSpaYceCaYseXx, I wasn't referring to you or your photos in particular. Thank you for posting them. They were actually awesome.

I was just saying that it's difficult to get people on board with just photographs these days, because craft can be built and photographed, and photos can be altered or completely manufactured...

posted on Jan, 8 2007 @ 01:15 PM
link   
well at least the idea remains in the collective consciousness no matter if some pictures are fake or not :0

Would you rather there was no pictures of ufo's at all?

i personaly had my own experiences that were personal to me and i don't need photo's or videos to prove it but a lot of people would not even consider the possibility of ufo's if there was no pictures or videos of ufo's at all.

Are you thinking that maybe because some people creates ufo hoaxes that they are trying to redicule the phenomenon and that the more fakes people see the more they will view the subject as a joke insted of a serious accurance?

Yeah that's a negative result but there is a balance here so it's not all bad.

If you had a video camera onthedeck and you could video tape a ufo clear as day above you would you video tape it or would you think to your self,

what's the point?

posted on Jan, 8 2007 @ 09:57 PM
link   
To your question,

Would you rather there was no pictures of ufo's at all?

I say definitely no. I'm glad there are ufo pics. They are necessary. They just can't be taken on their own - not anymore. At this point, they are a weak, marginally persuasive type of evidence (save for the older, film photos, which are very convincing).

You asked,

Are you thinking that maybe because some people creates ufo hoaxes that they are trying to redicule the phenomenon and that the more fakes people see the more they will view the subject as a joke insted of a serious accurance?

I don't know if people will consider the field a joke, but that particular evidence will be viewed with extreme skepticism; almost making photographic evidence virtually useless.

Finally,

If you had a video camera onthedeck and you could video tape a ufo clear as day above you would you video tape it or would you think to your self...what's the point?

If I was witnessing something I KNOW I wouldn't have a camera - because it always happens when you're not ready lol...

Actually, I'm not sure how I'd answer this. If I were witnessing something like that, I realize now that a sighting as such is very deliberate on the ETs side; and that it usually happens, in my mind, for reasons specific to the witnesses...

Beyond that, I think the event would be significant enough that I would probably want to just watch and absorb myself totally in what I was seeing...

However, I can't say that if I had a camera that I wouldn't be snapping away.

I CAN say, however, that individuals (you) looking at any photos I would present will say the exact same thing they say when they see any one of the thousands of excellent photographs now on the Internet. And that is, "Wow, that's a good photo, I wonder if that's real?" - but where do you go from there? This is my point.

I feel by taking and submitting pics I would unnecessarily be adding to the clutter that exists on the subject, and would denigrate an experience that would be probably a very moving and awe-inspiring event.

There's enough on the Internet already for everyone to decide. One more picture is not going to tip the scales. Maybe because of that I'd say no, if I have a sighting I'm going to immerse myself in that experience and enjoy it in Full Dolby Stereo Sound...lol...

But who knows...hehe

posted on Jan, 9 2007 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Here is a clear, daylight photo of a ufo over Sao Paulo, Brazil.

Look at the photo, then read the posters' comments; specifically, jra's comments.

THREAD LINK

[edit on 9-1-2007 by OnTheDeck]

posted on Jan, 9 2007 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Sorry to have neglected the thread, things got rather unexpectedly busy. I am pleased this thread is generating a good discusssion. OnTheDeck, you mentioned about leaving the subject alone but I am pleased you stayed, you are mirroring my thoughts exactly and as always, your posts are interesting and well structured. Please keep posting as long as you're interested in the discussion.

The point has been well represented and I think there are a couple of good reasons in favour of the photographic evidence but I am not saying that all that we have has been a waste of time. I am saying that now we have all that, another blurry photo ADDS NOTHING to the subject in general.

It is clear to me that we are not just dealing with the physical. Clearly, other factors beyond our understanding are involved in the phenomena. It could be argued that dimensions, spirituality, religion, creationism etc are all factors in the big picture and we should be focussing our attentions in these areas, all areas of association.

It is difficult for newcomers into the subject to easily get to know the subject. You can't get a foothold because the place is so cluttered with poor evidence, hoaxes, disinfo and the like. You see pleas for help in understanding because they are so confused, they don't know what to believe. Not everyone understands how to perceive information they are exposed to, many simply believe the last thing they read.

Removing the furore of photo's and and other media as has been suggested will allow us all to de-clutter somewhat and re-focus. Everyone needs to take a step back, re-assess and attack the whole subject with renewed vigour....globally, ideally.

We already have a million "UFO" pictures but NO PROOF exists. WTF? And that is just ONE of the types of evidence in existence. How much evidence do we want? How much do we need before we accept the simplest explanation staring the planet in the face.

There is a "belief" barrier that seems to exist. It's easy to say "I accept the possibilities" but no darn photograph is going to change a darn thing. I guess I want to address, or explore that barrier. Whether you believe or not, UFO photos only serve to confirm your existing belief. Nothing changes, hence the waste of time.

posted on Jan, 9 2007 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Why don't we just get a room? Kidding!! lol

I don't know how much further this thought can be expounded upon. Your thread makes an assertion and I think we've supported it convincingly (at least MY statements have convinced ME...lol).

We could further argue the point, but by now it would be tantamount to trying to prove to someone the existence of ufos who still doesn't accept it based on the photo evidence - another carousel...

Someone can see our point or not (or maybe it's not clear...let me clarify...no, lol...)

What anyone needs to be doing - right now - is not deliberating over the authenticity of some evidence. Because - we ARE being visited by intelligent, extraterrestrial beings.

If that's not self-evident to anyone reading this post, then they have some serious internal "work" that needs to be done; starting with a slap in the face and a bucket of icy water.

What anyone interested in the subject should be doing is "preparing themselves for contact" in whatever way they see as suitable.

Because the motives and intentions of these beings - that we know are visiting - is still not fully understood, I would say simply mentally preparing ourselves (psyching ourselves up?) for contact is the most prudent and practical thing to do now that we're past the evidence hurtle.

I may seem to be taking a lot of evidence for granted, however, for anyone doing the research they will find that this is an inescapable reality (thank you, Rumsfeld lol).

The fact of this is fascinating, powerful, mind-boggling, awesome and many, many other adjectives.

Thoughts on the reality that is converging with our own - the ET reality - will open and expand your view of your own life; and your sense of reality itself will change.

Reflect on what is happening now, and notice how it's changing you inside. I think our reality is changing with the intensifying presence - just the presence - of these craft and beings.

It's said that the changes occurring on this planet - not war per se - but deeper, profound, reality altering changes, have begun to accelerate.

It's also said that over the next five years that events are going to come to pass - again, not wars, but different "events" - that will alter our view of reality.

As proof of this I will simply point to unusual phenomena such as crop circles, and the documented, increasing visitations, and the simple fact that these things have altered my sense of reality by simply existing.

I personally hope and believe that we will have contact with these beings in an open and undeniable way, and that it will happen soon.

So many are seeking contact. We want to bring our existence on this planet to the next level. I'm ready.

Open and free interaction with other sentient beings in this universe can only instill people, with open hearts and minds, with a powerful sense of connectedness, responsibility, and happiness that we aren't alone on a small planet in a vast void of cold, black space. That we have company.

And if you're worried about destruction don't be - it would have happened by now. There is a responsibility that comes with interacting with other intelligent beings, and part of that is knowing and respecting who we are, and not relinquishing our earned place in this universe.

And someone may say that we aren't ready, or that many people aren't ready, or don't want it. And to that I say that's fine.

Just because someone isn't ready for contact doesn't mean that the rest should be deprived...And I don't think we will be deprived either...

So those who don't wish contact, you might be in for a rude awakening...

posted on Jan, 9 2007 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Well I guess I was hoping to gain a general consensus of how much of a minority view this might be and perhaps shed an alternative angle of thought for others. I do think it is a valid point and I'm sticking with it.

I seem to have got you on board but none of our mutual patting on the back will make a blind bit of difference to the field being cluttered and cluttered with non descript, so called "evidence".

I don't share your optimism on disclosure but I do share your advice on preparation for contact. All I will add is that if you truly believe, don't waste your time on this type of evidence. If it's disclosure you're after, personal disclosure is all that is happening. IMO.

UFO photos are a complete waste of time...lol.

posted on Jan, 10 2007 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by OnTheDeck
And that is, "Wow, that's a good photo, I wonder if that's real?" - but where do you go from there? This is my point.

But who knows...hehe

I would view the fact that there is more and more pictures of ufo's as a way of thinking that the government won't be able to hide the truth for much longer.

Every year there is more and more witnesses and footages and the government can lie all they want but they can't take that fact away.

posted on Jan, 10 2007 @ 12:54 PM
link   
sure it's time we do something but at least more pics and videos increases the level of awareness in our collective consciousness.

posted on Jan, 10 2007 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by xXSpaYceCaYseXx
Trying to convince a skeptic that something is real is waste of time.

It could also be said that trying to convince a "believer" is also a waste of time. They see pictures that they believe are real, but fail to realize that they are only deluding[sp?] their self.

Many seem to want evidence to jump out of the bushes and bite them in the arse for them to believe anything.

On the other hand, often times a "believer" will see something that is just not there. I'm talking about the kind of pictures that require interpretation, and imagination. I.e., the Moon Picture thread.

[edit on 1/10/2007 by Mechanic 32]

posted on Jan, 10 2007 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Both good points but the amount of evidence, the volume of photos are difficult to continue to deny but I used to think that about disinformation i.e. it is useful to raise public awareness, yet it is continued to be denied, for over 50 years....how many more?

How long do we continue raking through what we know will not be proof of anything when the continual deconstruction of each and every image simply clouds the issue. It is an oft intangible phenomena we are dealing with and I suspect a far greater issue than people give it credit for.

[edit on 10/1/07 by Prote]

posted on Jan, 10 2007 @ 08:52 PM
link   
While I'm here, I wanted to add another question...

Of all the threads on UFO's, or specifically UFO sightings and images, how many of them draw a conclusion? What is the most common conclusion?

There are too many threads on the same subject, there is no way of cataloging them, most of them have responses like "yeah, that's been done, some guy debunked that ages ago".

That's probably all the proof that guy needs and many more reading it, continuous production line of rubbish, followed by the deconstruction of anything remotely interesting and if it can't be ordinarily explained, then it's a mystery! Throw it in the possible pile. (how big/small would that pile be?)

There is no progression to be had unless it's authenticatable evidence of something performing an impossible manoeuvre beyond our understanding of physics or "reality".

No photo can provide that. Oh wait, there's a video of that. But alas, it's not enough. *sigh*

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join