It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO photos are a complete waste of time!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2007 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Every photo you ever see is either explainable, dismissed as something it isn't or labelled as inconclusive. ANY of these things can be faked or explained or picked to the death to at least have ONE other earthly explainable detail about it to provide the doubt.

So what does it take?

What details about a photo of a UFO makes it an extra terrestrial craft, piloted directly or indirectly by intelligences not of this planet?

I don't currently believe it is possible to conclusively prove that a photo is indeed of an object piloted by such beings. Am I the only one that sees the futility of the exercise? or am I missing important details about the importance of an image, photo or such similar media?

Is it taboo to ask the question because the answers and discussion could be a hoaxers handbook? Available at all good book shops soon.

There is going to be a continual stream of threads going round and round desperately trying to PROVE that ET is indeed visiting. Perhaps I am the only one that thinks that if you are unable to see the proof that is delivered on a continual basis throught the history of our species and beyond, then how is a dodgy photo that is unprovable as a visiting craft going to make any difference to your beliefs?

The smoking gun is not a UFO photo.

posted on Jan, 4 2007 @ 07:47 PM
link   
I haven't accepted photos as ET/Saucer proof for a long time now. These things can be easily faked.

I still like to look at photos though.

posted on Jan, 4 2007 @ 07:53 PM
link   
I also believe that the vast majority of UFO pics are fake or can be explained by Earthly events, such as birds, insects or Granny spitting across the yard just as your snapping a photo.

That doesn't mean I don't hold out hope for the one conclusive piece of evidence that will seal the deal once and for all. I don't know just what that would be, but I still hold out hope.

Until then I'll keep looking. The search can sometimes be just as much fun as the destination your hoping to arrive at.

Just my thoughts on it,

posted on Jan, 4 2007 @ 08:02 PM
link   
I agree with you Prote. I am waiting for a clear video of an actual living Alien being. Anything less than that is pretty much useless... well unless it was a bunch of pics from inside their spaceship or something. I still kind of believe that Alien interrogation video is legit, but most people just say it's fake... I guess we need a clearer video than that and also one that proves it isn't a puppet...

[edit on 4-1-2007 by Diplomat]

posted on Jan, 5 2007 @ 07:45 AM
link   

What details about a photo of a UFO makes it an extra terrestrial craft, piloted directly or indirectly by intelligences not of this planet?

A photo is never going to be proof of this. However, it can be good "evidence" if it can be shown to:

1. be clear enough to rule out other terrestrial explanations
2. be free of manipulation evidence (like photoshop, pixelation inconsistencies, etc.)

So I wouldn't say it's a fruitless endeavor, just not the end all, be all for evidence.

posted on Jan, 5 2007 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Umbrax
I still like to look at photos though.

I have a really horrible feeling that this about sums it up.

Originally posted by mrwupy
or Granny spitting across the yard just as your snapping a photo.

A lovely image, thank you, and page 37 section C of the hoaxers handbook shows you the type of craft you can hoax depending on what granny has been eating.

That doesn't mean I don't hold out hope for the one conclusive piece of evidence that will seal the deal once and for all. I don't know just what that would be, but I still hold out hope.

I think lots of people are waiting for the one piece of evidence, the smoking gun. If it exists and will ever happen, no photo of a UFO will ever be accepted as such as thing. There is more evidence already in existence than a single UFO photo could offer.

Until then I'll keep looking. The search can sometimes be just as much fun as the destination your hoping to arrive at.

I would propose that the journey (life, search) IS the destination. Currently anyway.

Just my thoughts on it.

Thank you for them.

Originally posted by Diplomat
I agree with you Prote. I am waiting for a clear video of an actual living Alien being. Anything less than that is pretty much useless... well unless it was a bunch of pics from inside their spaceship or something. I still kind of believe that Alien interrogation video is legit, but most people just say it's fake... I guess we need a clearer video than that and also one that proves it isn't a puppet...

Well, that's what I am saying. It doesn't matter how good the video or photo is, it can be explained or simply dismissed by those looking at it. Members throw in their conclusions that it's a bird or a fake with no investigation whatsoever. The thread always fills with people saying, that's a good one I don't know what it is. The believers accept it, the skeptics will say, well, maybe, but it's not proof.

I saw a thread recently about crashed craft in South Africa and one guy jumped on the board and said, yeah it's a reliable (news) source, I live here and the next poster said "hey, thanks for clearing up the credibility of the source". Huh! So that's it then?

So when a certain silly old man keeps repeating himself about a certain president ADMITTING that this stuff is real, it is simply thrown in with the already existing mountain of evidence, yet we still aren't sure. So, we continue looking at photos saying, Yeah, that looks fake to me!

If it's not clear, people cry about available tech, why isn't it clear?

If it's clear, people cry fake? CGI, photochop et al.

Surely, we should forget about it or get organised. Perhaps this is what the controversial fair skeptics will do but I'm disappointed to see it possibly taken outside of ATS.

Originally posted by Gazrok
A photo is never going to be proof of this. However, it can be good "evidence" if it can be shown to:

1. be clear enough to rule out other terrestrial explanations
2. be free of manipulation evidence (like photoshop, pixelation inconsistencies, etc.)

So I wouldn't say it's a fruitless endeavor, just not the end all, be all for evidence.

Gazrok, I would tend to agree but even if we agree that it isn't the be all and end all, is there a single historical image that CAN'T be explained? I would like to see it.

Has there ever been an image that PROVES a visiting, piloted craft?

If not, can someone explain to me how this benefits UFOlogy as opposed to harming it?

I raise this point because those serious UFOlogists seem to care very deeply about harming their movement and weeding the truth from a minefield of rubbish. Virtually every photo simply adds noise to the issue cluttering the place up and I simply can't see how the efforts to prove or disprove a UFO photo adds any credibility to the cause whatsoever. And I have never heard anyone say this.

posted on Jan, 5 2007 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Nah, UFO photos are not a complete waste of time because, we get to practice figuring out the puzzle from editing to theorizing too our best conclusions! If anyone does get bored with it, why bother? It's still there!

7A

posted on Jan, 5 2007 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Good thread!

I have briefly mentioned this since i first registered here, images needs to be seen as one element in a context. Take the latest O´Hare sighting...an image alone would not be of any importance but if it came along with an interesting FAA report, multiple witnesses as well as an official report stating that "something" was there then a clear image would hold higher significance.

posted on Jan, 5 2007 @ 09:47 AM
link   
I think it would take an extremely large and live event to come even close to proving anything. Even then people would refuse to see.

The information age is a blessing and a curse at the same time.

What would be really interesting would be to see some pre 1930s photographs. In all seriousness I think the time for proof via photographic evidence is long gone. Forms of digital photography anyway.

Would be nice if an abductee could get some flesh under the fingernail! Now that would be impressive. If it happens keep it on ice and break it up! You dont need much material for genetic analysis. Funnily enough though, our current techniques for the analysis of DNA would have a very minimal chance of identifying alien biomass in my opinion. Hey give it a go though! Gotta be a bit of give and take in the experimental departments! Just pretend it was an accident!

posted on Jan, 5 2007 @ 09:49 AM
link   
I'm totally agree with u in this....and even more than it ..WE ACTUALLY MISSING THE POINT STRUGGLING TO " PROVE " IT TO MASSES !!!

the UFO extraterrestrial question is NOT by NATURE a pupular issue...in my opinion just only and when a matrix of Elit start to work on social and historical effect of this subject wwe can have it's effect on masses as well !

posted on Jan, 5 2007 @ 09:52 AM
link   
I think Captain & Tennille would have been nothing without Tennille...

Actually, someone made a self-evident observation recently that photo and video evidence are almost worthless at this point. Our current level of technology would allow this evidence to be easily manufactured or manipulated.

Now, the Billy Meier photo and video evidence was produced in the 70's, which was way before the advent of CGI and other technology could have fabricated that stuff...because of this that evidence is very persuasive.

However, that evidence, unless you have someone who can validate the Super-8 video, or whatever film video, or still photos were taken of these craft, then those videos and photos could also possibly be faked. Because there's a possibility that this could occur, that evidence, some of our strongest to date, is essentially rendered useless at this point.

I wonder if back in the 70's, or even in the decades prior, that any video or photo evidence would be acceptable as validation to any spectator, and what true value that evidence would have.

Many people would still regard the "evidence" as faked. Or if it couldn't be proved to be hoaxed, the ideology would be simply that "it wasn't proved fake, but it wasn't proved real either", which puts us on an evidentiary merry-go-round, and unecessarily draws our attention away from the true subject at hand - WHICH IS THE ETS.

We could argue as to whether or not there should be scientific validation of this evidence, but I think the time to analyze photo and video evidence is past.

I say this because, despite our current ability to hoax just about any evidence, we already have what I consider irrefutable evidence that we are being visited by ETs, and that is the hours of NASA near Earth video that's made its way onto the Internet.

You can't dispute that many of those videos show, without a doubt, intelligently controlled vehicles performing impossible feats in near-Earth orbit; and many speeding off to who knows where. These craft are often several times the size of our own craft and still outperform anything we can even imagine with our current physics model.

Yet, despite this powerful evidence - even though to me this proves the reality beyond a reasonable doubt, we are in a larger sense, exactly where we were 50 years ago with regard to the subject.

If the quality of the evidence hasn't pushed us forward or closer to the truth, the quantity definitely has. Between the NASA tapes, the Mexican UFO Conference, Billy Meier evidence, and other phenomenal video and photo evidence we have gone as far as we can with this type of evidence.

The photos and videos that we've seen, as evidence, have gone as far as they can go. The NASA video, however, was one of the few things that at this point was the last seeming hope for video/photo evidence, because it was captured by an extension of the U.S. government, and the feats took place just outside of our atmosphere, which lead to some astounding video.

We need to, however, as Prote suggests, move away from that type of evidence now. If stronger evidence were to be made available to the larger segment of planet via photo and video evidence it would have been done by now.

The strongest video and photo evidence right now is coming right out of NASA and the U.S. government, but this evidence has its limits.

All of us can think of how a video of a landing, ET contact, and a walk on board an ET craft could be the be all and end all of evidence, but at this point, there is too much of a possibility that this could be faked, which shows the limits of using this sort of evidence now. It's virtually useless.

If you have witnessed these videos, and the plethora of photo evidence out there, then that evidence has served its purpose; namely, for you to make up your mind with regard to that particular kind of evidence (i.e., either you believe we are being visited, or you don't, period.).

So the obvious question is, What now?

For those who are convinced we are being visited, this conviction, in the face of a seemingly stalemated movement - a revelation that appears to be spinning its wheels - only leads to the aching question of "When?".

When will this amazing reality come into full, undeniable, irreversible and unquestioned contact with our own reality, and physically, technologically, spiritually, psychologically and socially move our relationship with our universe TO THE NEXT LEVEL - on a worldwide scale?

Everyone following this phenomena - which is a form of contact - have already shifted our consciousness not only to accept the reality of the existence of other intelligent beings visiting our planet, but have mentally prepared for what we consider would be an open and personally verifiable instance(es) of contact.

The pursuit of evidence has run its course. I think there is enough out there for anyone to make up their minds.

If they still have not after reviewing all available evidence - and this includes official testimony, physical evidence, photos and video, government documentation - the list goes on for decades, then those people not only have inpenetrable belief systems, but they are also in for a rude awakening when what the rest of us are eager to occur actually comes to pass.

I would suggest that what the people are looking for - the people who have tired of the stalemate that exists despite the mountain of evidence - is now an open conversation - not just contact - in a personally verifiable way, in a way we can understand, AND A TIME FRAME IN WHICH THIS IS TO OCCUR.

The conversation so far has been one sided. We want to contribute, and we want it NOW!

I think we can go on suggesting the ways that contact would be indisputable; that a mass landing would prove it once and for all, etc., but I don't think evidence is the question anymore. I think the question is "WHEN?"

Until then, any evidence will be nothing more than an amusement; a conversation piece...but I think I'm tired of looking at photos and video. I'm ready for the real deal...

posted on Jan, 5 2007 @ 09:57 AM
link   
I will agree with you, a single photo means nothing. I do feel that photographs become more valuable as more of them of the same instance are produced, from varying sources.

Though not the same topic, my anecdote will explain my position a bit better.

A few years back, I had the chance to go on a ghosthunt on the site of the worst school killing in US history, Bath MI. There were many cameras being used, both digital and film, and in MANY of them was something that appeared to be a reddish fog. This is the type of fog that has been explained away as over exposures and other camera defects, or an atmosphereic condition present at the time of the photo. The sheer amount of different cameras the phenominon was appearing on made it HIGHLY unlikely that a half dozen or more cameras of different make were all defective at the same time in the same way.

In a situation like this, one photo could be written off as 'wishful thinking' but the increasing body of evidence made even the skeptics that went with us (One being my best friend from high school) believe that SOMETHING was going down there.

This is what I am waiting for. A UFO sighting with dozens of pictures of the same craft at various angles taken by a multitude of witnesses, complete with the promise of untainted negatives on at lease SOME of the images.

To my knowledge something like this has not happened. I have seen multiple images of a UFO before, taken by several witnesses, but it was a hoax.

posted on Jan, 5 2007 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Angles hardly matter when most photos have absolutely nothing in the foreground. Especially when most pics involve points of light that may have a slight shape to them.

Distance is also a key problem.

What we really need are very close pictures of the same UFO or alien/s (on the same occasion) brought foward by independent parties WITH witnesses who are willing to make statements.

Likelyhood of this happening..... you get the picture.

The only real way you could undeniably proove something is with physical evidence. Even then you're likely to be dismissed.

I have to admit that I fear the day that governments admit anything. That is if they are truly involved. Personally I would much rather extremely high quality evidence from an external source.

posted on Jan, 5 2007 @ 10:15 AM
link   
more and more drama..

if you don't want ufo's to be real then my advice bellow won't be much use to you but if you truely want to know for sure then...

Go see them for your self, i have seen it and i know i will see it again.

Just go outside and look in the sky but if you do see one then please don't go thinking you lost your mind.

if you can't trust anyone else, do it your self..

[edit on 5-1-2007 by selfless]

posted on Jan, 5 2007 @ 10:23 AM
link   
I'm referring to much of the evidence, not my personal opinions.

I'm quite positive theres something to it. Undeniable proof is going to be near impossible though.

Thought I was just stating the facts. Do most UFO photos and videos not look like crappy little light blurs? Have I been looking at the wrong pictures all this time?

[edit on 5-1-2007 by seenitall]

posted on Jan, 5 2007 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by seenitall

I have to admit that I fear the day that governments admit anything. That is if they are truly involved. Personally I would much rather extremely high quality evidence from an external source.

i think they haven't done this yet because they haven't found a way to control the populations once this goes public and so they will lose the control they have over the way things are for their advantages...

If the truth comes out officialy then the perception of a lot of people will drasticaly change and the system won't hold so the government will only disclose this subject when they have a method of control... perhaps a microchip? intense media subliminal suggestions? (would have to be extreme)

Frankly i don't think there is any ways for them to control the perception of the people when this goes public unless they say the aliens wants war and then they want the support of the masses to build space weapons? seems like war is the only successfull way the government was ever able to control the people... other then that they are just really really really stupid and premitif.

posted on Jan, 5 2007 @ 10:41 AM
link   
If someone can get a non-blurry shot of an alien during daylight hours from

posted on Jan, 5 2007 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Here's a ufo fleet in mexico, i'v seen the video of this and it does not look faked.

and by the way there was like 10 times more of them then what you see in the picture if not more.

Edited: to add the image

posted on Jan, 5 2007 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Prote's thread asserts that photos (and I would add videos, testimony, drawings, written accounts, etc.) are a waste of time.

At this point, these items have served their purpose. They're like a boat you ride to the other shore, but which cannot take you onto dry land.

Hank made a good point about several photos/videos of the same event being harder to discount, but what would the response really be if such evidence existed? The response would be either it's a good fake, or we have real evidence - BUT THEN WHAT?

The point is, evidence is only meant to take us - to take this subject - only so far. Its purpose is served. Those able to open their minds have done so, and that is all that this sort of evidence can offer.

Now it's time to move to the next level.

Someone else asked for clear, daylight footage of an alien from 15 feet away - what's to say that wasn't someone in costume or CGI? Do you see where my reasoning stems with regard to this type of evidence?

We need to move on - but moreso, we can't move one step closer without the consent and cooperation of the ETs, period. So we're in a waiting game.

Those that want to chase evidence can become evidence chasers. Those who want direct and undeniable contact are waiting on the line...

[edit on 5-1-2007 by OnTheDeck]

[edit on 5-1-2007 by OnTheDeck]

posted on Jan, 5 2007 @ 02:04 PM
link   
THIS is the kind of stuff we all want on film,

"http://www.ufocasebook.com/nashville3.jpg">
or if old, at least this:
"http://www.ufocasebook.com/california1970s.jpg">

but lets be honest, if you took a and took a zillion blurry pictures of a woman running past you and said that it was Sharon Stone, I'd say I couldn't believe you whether it was or not. Furthermore, If you took a close up still of high quality, I'd probably assume it was A.) From a movie or another photographers shot or B.) A good photoshop job.

I want to believe that this is not a hub cab,
"http://www.ufocasebook.com/denmark1974large.jpg">
But in the back of my mind I realize that in the 50's and 60's, people photographed more hub caps thrown into the air as UFOs than teenage guys stuffed dill pickles in their shorts as hot dates.

Naturally, its in our nature to disbelieve now as we have been taken for fools so many times in the past.

Truth of the matter is,
"http://www.ufocasebook.com/bestaussielarge.jpg">

Not all photo's are the government or alien craft we'd like them to be or picture in our minds if even they come out clear.

"http://www.ufocasebook.com/jerseycitynj2005.jpg">

I have seen some really lame looking "concepts" and designs, WONDERING if the craft designers (E.T. OR NOT) missed out on social interaction when they were young. BUT... that's the key right there. sometimes it's best to focus off proving, and just fill yourself with WONDERING... curiosity will get you to those other avenues.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join