It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Quake Watch 2007

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2007 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Magnitude: 4.7 ->Azores (Mid-Atlantic Ridge/Triple Junction)
2007 May 19 at 19:56:59.9 UTC link

over 500 earthquakes magnitude >2 in two month´s in Azores (including 6.3/6.1/5.9). possible volcano activity in next month´s.

posted on May, 23 2007 @ 01:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by fable
Magnitude: 4.7 ->Azores (Mid-Atlantic Ridge/Triple Junction)
2007 May 19 at 19:56:59.9 UTC link

over 500 earthquakes magnitude >2 in two month´s in Azores (including 6.3/6.1/5.9). possible volcano activity in next month´s.

Where do you get that figure of numbers from?

Magnitude 5.7 - NORTHERN MID-ATLANTIC RIDGE
2007 May 23 04:41:46 UTC
Depth 10km

Magnitude 5.0 - LOYALTY ISLANDS
2007 May 22 21:04:31 UTC
Depth 10km

posted on May, 23 2007 @ 07:01 AM
link   
here you can see the the >2 magnitude earthquake activity in Azores the past month (portuguese site)..

here you can see the >6 magnitude highlighted in the right top of the page (6.2 and 6.1 Azores).

if you want to know more information about the Sismo-vulcanic crises in this islands go here (english pdf) but it was written before the new sismo-vulcanic crise (that started 3months ago). there are rumours about the volcano of Fogo , explosive type, temperature in the lake rised some degree´s, but i think is now stabilized..an international conference in Italy about this volcano estimate 60.000victims (not fatalities). Unfortunately there are very few information about this.

[edit on 23-5-2007 by fable]

posted on May, 23 2007 @ 10:27 AM
link   

here you can see the the >2 magnitude earthquake activity in Azores the past month (portuguese site)..

here you can see the >6 magnitude highlighted in the right top of the page (6.2 and 6.1 Azores).

Fogo, explosive type, temperature in the lake rised some degree´s, but i think is now stabilized..an international conference in Italy about this volcano estimate 60.000victims (not fatalities). Unfortunately there are very few information about this.

That is a lot of quakes, but they are on the fault lines, as opposed to the islands themselves, but I agree, it is a lot of them, and the system of volcanoes nearby may be affected by them.

Interesting, it may be something to watch actually. I found seismograph for the area, here. It seems to be updated every day.

[edit on 23-5-2007 by apex]

posted on May, 23 2007 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by apex
That is a lot of quakes, but they are on the fault lines, as opposed to the islands themselves, but I agree, it is a lot of them, and the system of volcanoes nearby may be affected by them.

Interesting, it may be something to watch actually. I found seismograph for the area, here. It seems to be updated every day.

Great information about seismograph..it´s located very close to Fogo volcano (+-5 km).

the curiosity about the location of the earthquakes is: when the epicenter is more close to my island is less felt than if the epicenter is more distanced from the island,.. any idea what´s causing this?

posted on May, 23 2007 @ 04:12 PM
link   

the curiosity about the location of the earthquakes is: when the epicenter is more close to my island is less felt than if the epicenter is more distanced from the island,.. any idea what´s causing this?

Sorry, I don't know why that would be, though the type of rock may have something to do with it, as well as the depth.

Magnitude 5.6 - GULF OF MEXICO
2007 May 23 19:09:16 UTC
Depth 10km

Magnitude 5.4 - MARIANA ISLANDS REGION
2007 May 23 08:16:17 UTC
Depth 86.1km

posted on May, 27 2007 @ 02:24 PM
link   

posted on May, 28 2007 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Just a BIG thanks to all the posters on this thread, and especially to the OP for starting it.

I live pretty close to the New Madrid Fault, so I do wonder about it, as most experts think it is long overdue. Judging by history, when it does let go, it could be a whopper.

And another BIG thanks to those who gave links. I've got them bookmarked now.

Great job all. I came to ATS to learn, and while I do try to contribute to some threads, I spend a lot more time reading what others can teach. You people here are the "Poster" children for how beneficial this community can be.

If it's any reward, I really think your work in this area is NUMBER 1. Wish I had some WATS to hand out!!!

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join