It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New England Patriots 9/11 Conspiracy

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2007 @ 09:16 PM
link   
I just love the fact that you all are still arguing about this play so many years after it happened. About as controversial as the "Immaculate Reception"

posted on Jan, 4 2007 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Old habits die hard, especially when it comes to sports.

posted on Jan, 5 2007 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by BartIV
Main point:
All play calling is sent from the coaching booth through a radio or head set onto the field.

Not true.... some plays are called by the quarterback right in the huddle, thats why they wear those armbands that have all the plays listed on them..

posted on Jan, 5 2007 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Not these days, not in the NFL. The play is sent in from the coach to the QB via helmet radio. Some QB's then have the option to "audible" to another play at the line of scrimmage depending on their "read" of the defense.

The armband thing is for blocking assignments and receiving routes and such. The defensive captain wears one, as well, to call his defensive assignments.

[edit on 5-1-2007 by Icarus Rising]

posted on Jan, 5 2007 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by elevatedone
Not true.... some plays are called by the quarterback right in the huddle

It is rare, but it does exist. I believe Peyton, for the most part, calls his own plays.

posted on Jan, 5 2007 @ 07:14 PM
link   
I can see Manning calling his own plays since he is so familiar with that offense and has the complete confidence of his coach.

I doubt many other QB's are doing more than audibles.

posted on Feb, 2 2007 @ 08:41 PM
link   
No team gets the benefit of the doubt from the Ref's like New England. They always get the calls its a little :bnghd::bnghd::bnghd::bnghd:

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join