It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New England Patriots 9/11 Conspiracy

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2007 @ 02:07 PM
link   
I believe that the New England Patriots were given the Super Bowl in 2001 (and the other two) to drum up support for the future war in Iraq, the Bush Administration and too get the American people into a Patriotic mood. Bush was living high on the hog when every American had flags hanging off their cars, houses, clothes, etc. after 9/11. It allowed Bush to foil American people into thinking that Iraq was the cause of all of our and the worlds problems. 9/11 created the Iraq War. Make the Super Bowl into an All-American spectacle and you get the New England Patriots, This helps the cause.

Here are the facts:
Coach Bill Belichick NFL record up to 2001 was 41-55 (not bad, but not good) He coached the Cleveland Browns from 1991-1995 with a 36-44 record, then got the Patriots job in 2000. First season with Patriots he went 5-11. So not a good record all together. Next year 11-5 Super Bowl win.
Belichick was under Parcells with the Jets 1996-1999. Not a bad teacher.

New England Patriots history.
1996-1997 under Bill Parcells. Lost Super Bowl 1996 to Green Bay, 1997 lost division playoffs.
1998-2001 Patriots had a 22-26 record finishing no better than 4th in AFC East.

Main point:
It has been reported that in the last couple of years, NE Patriots have been stealing the play calling from other teams. This is not that hard if thought of. All play calling is sent from the coaching booth through a radio or head set onto the field. If these play calls were picked up through another radio and given to the Patriots defence, it would ruin a team. A teams offense would be useless. Teams reported that they felt their play calling was being stolen or used for the Patriots benefit.

Funny side story that happened this year, Patriots reported that the Miami Dolphins stole their play calling. Thats why the Dolphins spanked them. Did the Patriots get a taste of their own medicine.

I am not an Oakland Raider fan, but their chance at a Super Bowl was botched by a call from a ref on the field. What appeared to be a fumble by Tom Brady turned into an incomplete pass, ruining any chance of Raider victory. Everyone should remember the snow bowl game. The kicker was also allowed time to remove snow so it would help his kick to win the game. I am also not a Steeler fan who lost the next game to the Patriots.
Go Razorbacks!!!

The Patriots went on to win 3 Super Bowls. All of them very Patriotic with all the American flags, red, white and blue, so on an so forth. Was the Bush administration using the New England "Patriots" as a way to get people into the American mood or am I wrong? Was the greatest game ever compromised by stolen play calls? Its possible? Or was Bill Belichick just a product of another great coach Bill Parcells?

Lastly: NE Patriots QB Tom Brady will run for Senator in 10-15 years or 2016-2018 under the Republican party (either in Michigan or Mass) and then in another 8-10 will become Republican President of the United States around 2028. Future prediction.

posted on Jan, 2 2007 @ 02:33 PM
link   
you have got to be kidding me right? so now what the NFL and the patriots are in on the 9/11 conspirocy cause bush wanted to rile up support for the war in iraq?

do you even comprehend how unfathomably insane that is? pro sports has their own conspriocy and sometimes they make shady deals....but to imply that the patriots benefited to or contributed from 9/11 in ANY way is sheer and utter flipery.

i think some of you people with the conspirocys need to sit down and rethink your social lives. you need to look at your perception of reality and maybe take a step back and admit that you might have an unhealthy fear of the government. some of you definatley need to seek professional therapy...

posted on Jan, 2 2007 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Its not that hard to steal the play-calling in a football game.
The plays are transmitted from the coaching booth down to the field. From their, if the right equipment available, the plays could be stolen.

I think it is a little interesting that the "Patriots" would win in 2001 when everyone was so "Partriotic".
I am more into sports than the conspiracies, I am just saying it didn't hurt that the "Patriots" won the Super Bowl during a "Patriotic" time in our American history. Were we not "Patriotic" in 2001 after 9/11, am i wrong.

Play-calling being stolen was a hot topic just a couple of months ago in the NE Patriots-Miami Dolphins game.
Miami had the Patriots play book and dominated the Patriots.
Its not out of the realm of possiblity.
NE Patriots got a taste of what they had been doing for the last 3-5 years.

posted on Jan, 2 2007 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spawwwn
you have got to be kidding me right?

Well said.

The reason why the Patriots have been so dominat is that they have the best team all those years. A trip to the white house after a superbowl win would be the only connection they have to Bush. And every pro sports team that wins a championship gets to go to the white house.

They will probably win it again this year too.

posted on Jan, 2 2007 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Ok.. this is a JOKE! You are either a Raiders, Steelers, or Rams Fan.

Please LET IT GO! The Patriots went on to win not one but TWO more Superbowls. They have also won the AFC East 4 years in a ROW.

Why not throw the 2001 World Series in there?? The NEW YORK Yankees were playing....and LOST to the Diamond Backs! Would have been A LOT easier to pay off 6 umpires.

Go watch the Superbowl where the Patriots played a VERY smart game and beat the Rams. The officiating wasn't the best (is it ever?) But you can not say any calls during the game allowed the Pats to "steal" the game.

Rewind if you must, to the ol "tuck rule". Yeah that was a botched call...but the Raiders defence allowed the Patriots to continue to march down the field to let Adam V. kick the game tying field goal. THEN once more the Raiders defence allowed the Patriots to score the game WINNING field goal in over time.

Go to the Steelers game where the Steelers were over confident and played a sloppy game. Then add all the interceptions Cordel Stewart threw in the 4th quarter.

Accusing the Patriots of stealing plays? Well, if they are doing it..so is everyone else. Where is your proof to back that up? To tell you the truth, I have NEVER heard that until you started this thread ( I did hear about the Miami accusations)

Lets look at Bill Parcells... he is a GREAT coach for a number of reasons...the number one reason.... He surrounds himself with OTHER great coaches.(look into why he refused to coach Tampa Bay several years ago)

You need to let go of the past. There is no way that it was fixed. NO WAY. I think your upset becasue the Steelers and Raiders both missed the playoffs this year.

posted on Jan, 2 2007 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by BartIV

I am not an Oakland Raider fan, but their chance at a Super Bowl was botched by a call from a ref on the field. What appeared to be a fumble by Tom Brady turned into an incomplete pass, ruining any chance of Raider victory. Everyone should remember the snow bowl game. The kicker was also allowed time to remove snow so it would help his kick to win the game. I am also not a Steeler fan who lost the next game to the Patriots.
Go Razorbacks!!!

Did you even watch the game? Botch call? It was the correct call, and if the ref missed anything on the play they missed Charles Woodson hitting Brady in the head with his forearm. And are you refering to the snow bowl where the Pats beat the Dolphins by having the ex con drive the snowblower on the field? Because that happened in the 80s.

Mod Edit: BB Code.

[edit on 2/1/2007 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Jan, 2 2007 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Before Super Bowl XXXVI even started, I told everybody there at my brother's house to watch that the Patriot's were going to beat the Rams, because "the fix was in." Even though the Rams were a better team, the Pats won the game.

I am not an Oakland Raider fan, but their chance at a Super Bowl was botched by a call from a ref on the field. What appeared to be a fumble by Tom Brady turned into an incomplete pass, ruining any chance of Raider victory.

The next year the competition committee instituted the "tuck" rule to explain the call on this play.

Jon Gruden was highly upset by that call, and ended up taking the Buc's to the Super Bowl the next year against his former team, the Raiders. So, the following year we had the coach and the team involved in that game playing each other in the Super Bowl. What kind of leverage did Gruden and the Raiders have coming off that game?

Remember, the night before the game in San Diego, the Raiders starting center went AWOL and was sent home, effectively ending the Raiders chance to win the game, imo. They were favored by four points, too.
Center discusses disappearance, treatment, the Raiders

He was shot by police in January 2005.
Robbins critical after struggle with police

So yeah, I think there are some very strange coincidences surrounding the Pats in '01, to say the least

I don't believe in coincidences, btw.

posted on Jan, 2 2007 @ 03:24 PM
link   
like i said there are conspirocys in football, and all pro sports really. teams or players have thrown games and have been paid big money for it. sometimes calls are miffed on purpouse....but keep in mind that everyone watched how the patriots played during the years they were winning the bowls.

i mean they were just blowing people out...it wasn't even close. remeber they had something like a 12 game winning streak at the time they won their last superbowl? that might be some "play stealing" as you say, but it still doesn't explain how the other team can get stomped the way the patriots stomped out some of their foes. i mean just cause you know what the other guy is gonna do, it doesn't make up for a QB who can score a TD off 3 or 4 long passes. thats just skill man. i was never a patriots fan and tell u the truth brady is arrogant...but the boy is talented i see no reason why he needed the type of help that you say he got.

furthermore...think about what you are saying. you are sayin that in a time of crisis (remeber all pro sports shut down for a month after 9/11) the PRESIDENT HIMSELF (or at least some of his lackey) decided to say "forget about the war or going after the terrorists....lets make sure the patriots win the super bowl."

i'll even go one further..why the patriots? the WTC was in new york, so if it truley WAS conspirocy like you say, why didn't they have the GIANTS win the superbowl? wouldn't that have made more sense? if you really wanted to rally the people of america..then write the story where the giants win in 01. "a team whos seen it's hometown ravaged by terrorist attacks, fights hard and comes back to win the superbowl. true american spirit.". doesn't that fit a bit better to your theory rather than having a team whos name is relavent to our country win? your theory is weak at best, but furthermore it doesn't even follow true conspriocy logic.

the patriots were just a dominat team. they brutalized teams in the NFL and that's just the way it goes. everyone thought they were going to win at least after the 1st time they won, because their team was full of powerhouse players that could dominate the competition. like i said if you go back to those seasons nobody could match them in their division. right now they are weak, lost a lot of players, and having been doing so good..so that's why you don't see them being the dominat force in the NFL that they used to be.

no conspirocy there...just good sports play.

posted on Jan, 2 2007 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Icarus Rising
Before Super Bowl XXXVI even started, I told everybody there at my brother's house to watch that the Patriot's were going to beat the Rams, because "the fix was in." Even though the Rams were a better team, the Pats won the game.

ok the fix was in? Back it up with some facts! The Rams were on the verge of starting a dynasty..."The Greatest Show on Terf". Remember? Please..tell me what part of the game was fixed? Was it the interceptions? How is that fixed? Was it the hold by Willie McGuinnest that almost lost them the game? Was it that last second 48 yard field goal??

Please tell me what multi millionaire athlete that would throw the SUPER BOWL just for the Patriotism?? You can't "buy" a superbowl ring.... this isnt 1918 (White Sox) Where professional athletes have to work two jobs to make ends meet.

Although officials i believe CAN be bought. That superbowl was pretty fair when it came to officiating.

This thred is stupid....but since my Patriots are getting the brunt of it... i will stand up for them!

posted on Jan, 2 2007 @ 04:56 PM
link   
I don't have any facts or links to back up my opinion that the game was fixed, just my gut feeling prior to the game that the Pats would win, and not because they were the better team.

How do you explain the "tuck" play being overturned on review? The call on the field was fumble. Did you see "conclusive evidence" of a forward pass on that play? Did anybody? That was a fumble. It was the following year that the tuck rule came in, and why was that? CYA maneuver.

How do you explain Gruden going to the Buc's, then ending up in the SB against the Raiders the following year? Parity? Give me a break! Coincidence? No such thing.

posted on Jan, 2 2007 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Icarus Rising
I don't have any facts or links to back up my opinion that the game was fixed, just my gut feeling prior to the game that the Pats would win, and not because they were the better team.

No, what you said was "the fix was in". The truth is...the Patriots played to win...the game plan the Rams had sucked and they failed to execute. There is not one call that you can point out during that game that supports your "opinion" that the game was going to be fixed.

How do you explain the "tuck" play being overturned on review? The call on the field was fumble. Did you see "conclusive evidence" of a forward pass on that play? Did anybody? That was a fumble. It was the following year that the tuck rule came in, and why was that? CYA maneuver.

I believe that i agreed in my previous post that it wasnt a good call. BUT if you watched the games. New England had to CONTINUE to drive to ball to get into feild goal range. THEN the Raiders called time out PRIOR to the kick allowing the Patriots to clear away the snow for Adam V. THEN in overtime the Raiders FAILED to stop the Patriots offense AGAIN...and Adam V. did it again! Yes the refs fudged a call....but the Raiders should have stepped up and tightened their "D".

How do you explain Gruden going to the Buc's, then ending up in the SB against the Raiders the following year? Parity? Give me a break! Coincidence? No such thing.

Honestly....What does that have to so with a 911 conspiracy? Or the Patriots?

posted on Jan, 2 2007 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Well, I must admit that this has crossed my mind before. The "Patriots" win the SB(3 times) and yes there was an "oops" call that first year. The Steelers(low seed), another America's team last year. I see no one beating SD this year but if the Cowboy's, America's original "our team" make a run, I will be EXTREMEY cynical then. Let's face it, they just aren't that good.

It's all about image and "feel good".

NO(feel good story) and NE(still in it) also are filed under this.

BTW, I've been an NFL fan for over 25 years. If it goes down the way it should it'll be SD vs Philly. But that's for US Sports.

posted on Jan, 2 2007 @ 06:53 PM
link   
I think the cliche we are all forgetting here:

ANY GIVEN SUNDAY !!!

To win a game to have to EXECUTE! The better team does not always win...and football is notorious for not having the best team win!

posted on Jan, 2 2007 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by CameronFox
I think the cliche we are all forgetting here:

ANY GIVEN SUNDAY !!!

To win a game to have to EXECUTE! The better team does not always win...and football is notorious for not having the best team win!

The affiliation of the NFL and the Forces is not even barely hidden, watch a game and see. It's done here as well, see Don Cherry's Coaches Corner(Hockey Night in Canada) and you will see the same support for the troops. Nothing wrong with that, just keep it in the open, don't poo-poo it. Don't laugh it away.

Do you remember the Thanksgiving Day game, I believe it was in Dallas, just after 9/11? The halftime show was a SPECTICAL. Men on 50 yards of ribbons, twirling in the air, while Creed wailled "My Sacrifice".

C'mon, can't you see that?

I'm just saying, keep it real.

posted on Jan, 2 2007 @ 07:14 PM
link   
This would be funny if it weren't actually believed by Raider Nation and other Patriot haters. Everybody's hating on Tom Brady because he was an outsider (5th round pick), not a "family name" like Peyton Manning and his brother. I think the double standard is right there in how much love Peyton and the other Manning get for doing nothing except losing big games. But Tom Brady just keeps winning, almost freakishly. Meanwhile Payton and other QB's dream about being him.

The Pats are just great. Even without Branch, McGinest, Vinatieri-- They're still 12 and 4, and looking at another good playoff run (though this Jets game is one of their toughest IMO). They have some of the best players in the NFL and the coach is known to be among the top three in the NFL.

No, the NFL is not fixed. The level of competition is too high. If someone's trying to fail, it will be seen and identified. The Pats got on a good streak and have kept it going. If you want to look for a conspiracy, look to the sheer dominance of Pats owner Robert Kraft over all other owners.

en.wikipedia.org...

In 1992, the Patriots themselves were bought by James Orthwein, a St. Louis native. For the next two years, rumors of a Patriots move to St.Louis were rampant based on the fact that Orthwein wanted to return the NFL to a city that had lost the Cardinals in 1988. Finally, in 1994, Orthwein offered Kraft $75 million to buy out the remainder of the team's lease at the Foxboro Stadium. If Kraft agreed, it would free Orthwein to move the Patriots to St. Louis. Kraft turned him down, instead making a $175 million bid to buy the team and save the Patriots from relocation. Orthwein had little choice but to accept -- up to that point in history it was the highest price ever paid for a professional team. The price was especially remarkable since the Patriots were at that time one of the least-valued teams in the NFL.

Upon purchasing the team, Kraft made a commitment to Patriots fans that he would bring a Super Bowl and a state of the art facility for the team to New England. His follow-through on those promises would exceed even the wildest of expectations.

[...]

The Patriots appeared in Super Bowl XX under their original owners, the Sullivans. Yet, this was one of only six playoff appearances in 33 years. However, since Kraft bought the team, they have made the playoffs eight times in 12 years.

[...]

Robert and his wife Myra have donated tens of millions of dollars to a variety of philanthropic causes including education, child and women issues, healthcare, youth sports and American and Israeli causes. Among the many institutions the Krafts have supported are Columbia University, Harvard Business School, Brandeis University, Holy Cross College, Boston College, the Boys & Girls Clubs of Boston, and the Dana Farber Cancer Institute in Boston. One of their most unique projects is the Kraft Family Stadium in Jerusalem, built in 2000 and the host to a 33-team flag football league as well as other sporting events.

[edit on 2-1-2007 by smallpeeps]

posted on Jan, 2 2007 @ 07:21 PM
link   
peeps, I'm a Niners fan and I see Brady as the second coming of Montana and Bellicheck as Walsh reincaranate, I love this team but you can't poo-poo away those calls that are worded so that a challenge makes it unable to win one(indisputable evidence). Some can't even be challenged. WHY?

The NFL is set up this way now.

Again, WHY?

posted on Jan, 2 2007 @ 07:28 PM
link   
There's not much I can say to debunk the original poster's theory that hasn't already been said. As a rabid Patriot's fan, I hear stuff like this all the time from disgruntled football fans. Over the last several seasons, the Pats have just had amazing chemistry as a team of above-average athletes combined with a coaching staff who are all on the same page.

Check this out: I'm also a soccer fan, why can't the NE Revolution win? Their team name is patriotic and they wear the flag's colors on their uniform. This last championship match broke my heart. So in turn, can I present an argument that the terrorists have rigged it so the Revolution always lose in an attempt to demoralize the American people? I guess I could, but in reality I blame it on any of the thousands of seemingly miniscule factors that influence any give sports contest, the biggest being unpredictability. Just my thoughts as a New England sports fan.

posted on Jan, 2 2007 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
peeps, I'm a Niners fan and I see Brady as the second coming of Montana and Bellicheck as Walsh reincaranate, I love this team but you can't poo-poo away those calls that are worded so that a challenge makes it unable to win one(indisputable evidence). Some can't even be challenged. WHY?

The NFL is set up this way now.

Again, WHY?

CALLS? Plural...please names the calls.... BESIDES the Tuck Rule call!

posted on Jan, 2 2007 @ 07:39 PM
link   
lol, you know what? i agree completely with the OP. you know why?

i have always half-heartedly believed that pro football is rigged, and after 9/11 as a joke, i bet a good friend of mine a hundred bucks that the pats (who were 4-4 at the time) would win the whole kit and cabootle. it was more of a joke than anything else, as i have never really followed anything but college ball (GO DAWGS). then lo and behold they win the whole thing. i was just as surprised as he was (but i still took the hundred he owed me...hehe).

i dont know who made the call, nor why they chose the pats over the giants, but i am now thoroughly convinced that pro-ball is rigged.

posted on Jan, 2 2007 @ 07:40 PM
link   
If that call hadn't been reversed, the game was over. The Raiders would have been able to run out the clock with a first down or two. The official on the field made the right call. It was overturned by the replay official, the guy with the headphones on.

I did tell everyone at my brother's that "the fix was in" and the Pats would win. Prior to the game. I believed it then, and I believe it now. Gut feeling, go figure.

Baseball is no longer the national pass-time, football is. All games were canceled the weekend after 9/11. I'll never forget that next weekend, when play resumed, Bon Jovi and Richie Sambora on the steps of a NY firehouse doing an acoustic version of "America the Beautiful" before the start of the Giants game, with Jon singing and Richie on the acoustic 12-string. It was the most incredible rendition of the song I have ever heard.

Don't underestimate the power of Psy-Ops, nor the government's perceived need for them in the wake of 9/11.

Imo, the Gruden/Buc's - Raiders SB the following year was a payoff to Gruden and the Raiders for going along with the fix and keeping their mouths shut.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join